18 Months and 24 Days

Finding Love One Afternoon

Hello everyone, thanks so much for taking interest in this story. 

 

Chanyeol stands at one of the floor to ceiling windows of this downtown apartment, he isn't looking at the bright lights of Seoul, but at the man in the reflection!  Chanyeol barely recognises it's him staring back,  to him the image staring back at him is a vast  improvement compared to his reflection 18 months and 24 days exactly ago. The man in the window, is an infinitely  better version of himself! One who demands respect,  who's aura oozes power and . Undercut platinum hair that shines ultra violet in the light, his toned physique has if possible become even more defined almost straining against the silk of his shirt. The slight stomach muscles he remembers, have transformed in to rock hard washboard abs.

 

Chanyeol smiles at this new improved man, countless work outs have strengthened not only his core, but have helped to strengthen his new resolve and outlook on the world. His deep hazelnut eyes hold a much clearer intensity  then what they did in his twenty's, that's thanks for the laser treatment that throughout their relationship Adam talked him out of every single time he bought it up. 

 

Chanyeol would be lying to himself, if the last 18 months haven't had an effect on him, the first months after that most horrific betrayal ere the worst. Chanyeol shakes his head, he can still recall with vivid details the exact moment he walked in on the two most important people in his life at the time.

 

The sudden beep of his phone cuts off his sombre thoughts, causing a sudden rustle behind him! The person in the bed thankfully remains asleep, letting out the breath he was subconsciously holding, Chanyeol hastens to find his belt and shoes  before making a hasty exit! He hasn't even got to the elevator, when his phones starts to obnoxiously vibrate in his hand. 

 

"Please tell me you went home with the hottie at the bar last night," Chanyeol smiles at the high pitched screech his best friend and rock lets out. "Good Moring to you too," "fine don't answer my question, I assume you are need of caffeine" Chanyeol goes to nod, forgetting he is on the phone "yes I am." "Good because you're coming with me to help Sehun, stalk his latest crush at this rather bijou jaunt this guy works at. I think he's panicking about turning 30." 

 

Chanyeol can feel Jongdae roll his eyes through the phone, "don't you remember what we were up-to when we were turning 30!" "I don't recall chasing anyone's tail," "No Chen you were too busy doing your own version of eat, pray, love." "Doesn't it feel like an age away that we were turning 30? Ignore that question, that was stupid to ask I'm sorry Chanyeol." Chanyeol smiles, it is a stupid question, but not his friend isn't wrong. "Chen it feels like I have lived a life time in 8 years, but I can't say all of it was awful." "Adam loved you Chanyeol I'm sure of it," "he loved me enough to break my heart Chen. I know, I know at one time he did, looking back the last 6 months it was obvious he wasn't!"  "Channie," "It's ok  Kim Chen, it's over now I'm in a much better place mentally, physically,  and financially, tell me where should I meet you? "Meet me at 9.30  in a place called Paradise cafe in Apujong,  oh and Chanyeol I'm going to get the juicy details one way or another!"

 

The tale tell click of his phone makes Chanyeol smile, his ever impatient friend. He owes a lot of thanks to Jongdae, if it wasn't for the tough love he provided he wouldn't be where he is today. Chanyeol will forever be grateful for Jongdae's encouragement and support especially when he took a big risk to leave Wu and Park Law.  He couldn't stay there after what happened and walked away, taking his clients and a few loyal staff with him!

 

The risk he took to create a new law firm with Jongdae who in his own right was a formidable contracts lawyer at a well-known entertainment firm has paid off massively, their business is booming and his father has commended their efforts to overhaul the lack of protection for those with dire work and pre-nuptial contracts. It's the one thing he is thankful to Adam for, his own personal experiences have made him an enhanced lawyer, one who is the top of his game.

 

Chanyeol can't help but smile, as he has no doubt Jongdae will turn in to infamous troll like persona if he doesn't spill the details of his late night escapade! Smirking when he feels a twinge in his back, he can't say it wasn't a good time, one that he won't be repeating he is not interested in getting attached again.

 

The only dampener on last night's festivities will no doubt be the daily ABC update, he has no idea why his personal life has become the cannon fodder ABC wants to report on. He has an inkling it's down to Adam and his need to be the centre of attention. Sehun being his publicist, and Jongdae have tried to stop reports on his life to no avail. Resulting in Sehun coming up with his own plan to maximise the renewed interest, refusing to comment when asked if the news is true. Sehun advised when the time is right he will go to ABC with approved inside scoop.

 

Swiftly exiting the apartment building thankful it's only just light out and not too far from his own penthouse as he recognises the mandu shop on the corner ahead.  He stoops dead in his tracks when he spots the newspaper stand, there in black and white are two pictures on the front page of ABC's gossip magazine. One a picture of two familiar men enjoying a romantic dinner, and the second is a picture of him, Sehun and Jongdae looking rather polished as they hit the town!

 

The first photo does something to his how he hates to admit it fragile heart, it's not heartbreak or longing more like the feel of his heart hardening and giving up on love.  Chanyeol shakes his head and takes a deep breath,  he never been more thankful to be close to home! The photo of the happy couple he gives one more melancholy look, before he feels his resolve strengthen, its only taken 18 months and 24 days to accept the man he was in love with no longer loves him! 

 

With the promise of a hot shower, fresh clothes and  his much needed caffeine fix he heads for home.

 

 

Poor Chanyeol :( next up will be Baekhyun's POV,