A Spoiled Surprise

Finding Love One Afternoon

Six weeks later, Baekhyun's POV 

Baekhyun smiles as he puts the handmade paper flower in amongst the green tea croissants and banana bread,  that's been freshly made this morning. Happy with the finished product, he waves to his dad who nods back before he grabs the two iced Americano one double shot and one light, just before dashes out of the café to head to the bus stop! He won't be heading to his usual Friday lecture, no today he is acting on his promise to be brave and going to surprise his boyfriend at work. Baekhyun can feel the heat from the blush on his cheeks and the intense butterflies swirling happily in his stomach when he says that, he has a boyfriend!

 

But not just any old boyfriend, he is somehow so very lucky to have the nation's heartthrob and the King of Seoul, Park Chanyeol as his new beau!  Baekhyun still has to pinch himself each morning he wakes to a good morning baby text, as he is convinced it's all just a beautiful dream. Beakhyun smiles as he remembers how  his gorgeous man took his breath away when they first met! How those intense amber eyes and boyish smile had only six weeks ago declared that he was falling for him,  over grilled pork and spicy chicken stew.

 

Baekhyun feels likes he's floating, the last six weeks have been magical, and can hardly believe sophisticated Park Chanyeol is falling for him and took the time to learn some basic sign langue just so they can communicate. Busy schedules have kept them both apart which meant keeping  their dates to late evening walks and drives in Chanyeol's expensive car. Chanyeol had also taken him to one eye wateringly expensive steakhouse, in one of the prestigious hotels where they had a private room and got to share some very tender kisses, kisses that were getting more and more R rated  before Chanyeol's phone had gone off! Their is one downside to this fairytale Baekhyun finds himself in, gossip, resulting in Baekhyun agreeing to keep their relationship private for now as ABC are already sniffing around for stories. Chanyeol had kissed him senseless as he insisted it wasn't because he's ashamed, oh no it's all to protect him as he doesn't want to share their news just yet not after all his troubles with Adam. Baekhyun had melted at the care and consideration of his shyness and agreed as he is still not sure how everyone will take to his disability!

 

Baekhyun has done nothing but walk on cloud nine since that one gesture, and how much Chanyeol appears to care has touched his heart in ways he has never believed could happen before.  Baekhyun feels the burning heat on his cheeks intensify, when he gets vivid flashbacks of Sunday evening, how their  intimate kisses are getting harder to stop hot kisses that never seem to end and make him feel so special. Baekhyun shakes his head he needs to get his head out of the clouds, otherwise he will spill Chanyeol's coffee and that will just ruin his plan. Taking advantage of the fact he isn't in college or working he's decided it's time he pay his boyfriend a visit with some tasty treats to share. Yes he should be in a lecture but since that's been cancelled, he got the brilliant idea to show Chanyeol just how much he too is falling for him  by surprising him with his favourite coffee and a selection of their best selling pastries and moon cakes. Beakhyun knows how busy  Chanyeol has been this week, not only from their reduced messages this week, he also got the inside scoop as it were from Luhan that Chnayeol is working on some rather big case. Baekhyun at first had freaked out over the lack of contact, his brother had instantly calmed his nerves after his outburst with that  inside scoop, it really  helped so much especially as Chanyeol hadn't stopped by the café like he would normally over his evening shift.

 

A twenty minute bus ride later, Baekhyun stands at the bottom of a rather intimidating towering glass structure where C & J associates reside, The views of namsang tower would be amazing from this building, checking his phone Baekhyun knows he has to go to the twentieth floor. Smiling he gets his phone ready to communicate out and texting his brother that he has arrived and heads inside. 

 

Five minutes after he was able to find the right lift to take him to the top floors of the building, Baekhyun finds himself at the reception of C&J Associates, it's not how he expected, he almost expected Chanyeol's front reception space to be just like those noir films of the early 20th century, all green lamps and chesterfield couches! What he is met with is calming hints of soft blue against oatmeal walls and a singular glass table where a receptionist sits typing away, ensuring he has his phone and is wearing his best smile he approaches the receptionist.

 

What he is greeted with instantly wipes the smile from his face, as the middle aged receptionist gives him the once over, disdain clear on her face! It instantly makes him raise his hand to his phantom implant as he lips reads "we are not accepting internships!" Baekhyun can feel his chest getting tight, the main reception were so kind and smiled at him as he lifted up the café paradise bags and gave him a pass for the lift without him even having to use his phone for anything! Hoping this will work as he already has a message ready, i am here to deliver some coffee and pastries to Park Chanyeol it's a curtesy delivery. "Mr Park has personally advised he is not to be disturbed this morning!" 

 

Baekhyun is truly starting to get a little panicked now as he tugs his ear in frustration, getting an idea he lifts up the coffee carrier and flamingo pink bag from the café hoping she will see he is doing what he said!  I work at the cafe, and do know Mr Park personally could you ask him to come out? All he can do is watch as the snooty woman once again leer over his body and fold her arms as he lip reads again "there is nothing on the schedule about a delivery that Mr Park has personally made or accepted,  any delivery has to be approached via his assistant or my self!" Baekhyun shakes his head this woman is definitely on one,  and completely unyielding, knowing he is going to have to clue her in. It's not a planned visit Mr Park has no idea I'm here, please if you ring through and say a Byun Baekhyun is here he will grant me access! 

 

The saccharine smile  he gets as she finally lifts her handset causers more unease then it should, especially when he lip reads something about security. Knowing what is likely about to happen,  he sends out two SOS messages one to the man in question and the second to his brother just  in time really as he senses a commandeering presence behind him. 

 

Chanyeol's POV

"It's not just the 38% of profits, I've just found a clause on page 12, a sub paragraph that says the training costs also need to be paid back with in 5 years of Debut!" Chanyeol watches as Jongdae flip throughout the contract almost nonchalant about the contents, "some of the big leagues have even less  years listed aa their payback schedule remittance, 38% profit however is harsh!" Chanyeol watches as his partner finally drops the contract he has yet to hear back from the entertainment company, if he has calculated correctly the idol is actually short 42% of his overall profit, he needs to not think of this both Jongdae and Sehun are here to discuss protecting his privacy. 

 

Not to be distasteful Chanyeol and dredge up someone we all hate,  38%  profit is some figure just imagine for a second if Adam does have some kind of agreement with ABC he could be making money every time your names are mentioned." Chanyeol stands from his conference table and looks out the window, down to the traffic below what Sehun says make sense and probably why they continue to be tabloid fodder! His name hasn't cropped up on ABC since he took Baekhyun to dinner at school food. Chanyeol knows the silence since he took Baekhyun out doesn't bode well, he knows the network will be up-to something which is why he insisted too Baekhyun that they keep their relationship quiet. His name hasn't cropped up on ABC since he took Baekhyun to dinner at school food. It's the reason he called both men here well that and he needs Jongdae's wealth of knowledge about all things contract noise.

 

"Chen Chen, Sehunnie ABC are part of the reason I called you both here. I've been keeping something from you." "If your going to tell me you got back with Adam I quit!" Chanyeol can only smile as he hears  Jongdae cackle and Sehun,  wrap his arms on his chest just like a toddler who has been scolded does. "Oh Sehun, Chanyeol hasn't gotten back to gather with Adam, we all would be suffocating in his cheap aftershave by now." Chanyeol nods in agreement for someone who models  for so many luxury brands,  he could never understand why Adam insisted on such a cheap aftershave especially one so drowning. Shaking his head he takes a deep breath and smiles as he remembers the blue eyes red head he so desperately wants to take to his bed! It's time  he told the two people no can help protect his  young and innocent boyfriend, it's amazing the feeling he gets in his chest when he thinks of Baekhyun. "I've started a relationship ship with Byun Baekhyun, yes Sehun before you ask yes he is that young red head from the cafe!" He doesn't get to say anything else as the next thing he hears is his office door slamming open,  and his assistant racing after the petite carbon copy of his boyfriend. Chanyeol doesn't miss how Sehun gets to his feet and tries to approach the young man, his heart plummets into his stomach at the crazed and angry look in his eyes as Luhan rushes towards him!  "My brother is in reception please you have to hurry, I heard your bat crazy receptionist  call security!"

 

All Chanyeol feels is blinding fury! An intense need rises within him, he just has to save his unable to protest nervous baby. He hadn't realised that in his need to save his partner he is already moving swiftly down the hallway out way his office! His heart beat is going a mile a minute and feels like it's lodged in his throat as a myriad of hurried steps follow him. They have to be quick as the security team is well known for being savage brutes when needed, he prays they haven't acted all cave man and have tried to be patient whilst Baekhyun communicates with his phone.

 

What he finds as he finally rounds the corner is not what he would ever expect to see, Baekhyun frantically trying to use sign language its clear he is struggling, as tears stream down his pink cheeks. Chanyol knows Baekhyun has a phone, it's only as he hears a gasp from behind him does he locate the phone smashed in a puddle of americano "oh god they broke his phone!"

 

The whole exchange breaks his heart his poor kitten looks so lost being cornered by not one but two security officers that are just shouting at him. Clear blistering anger surges within, as he sees one of the goons go to grab his shaking and tearful boyfriend, "don't you dare touch him!" it's as if a pin falls in the room as he finally enters the normally tranquil space. Making sure his profile and aura scream just how pissed he is, Chanyeol directs his next statement to the goons far too close to his trembling kitten "step away from him!" He doesn't spare anyone a glance, as he heads straight to his kitten who all but falls in to his embrace. Chanyeol gently cradles Baekhyun in close turning to face Jongdae and Sehun with a look on his face that demands head roll.