First Glances

Finding Love One Afternoon

Chanyeol stands just outside café paradise as he fires off messages to Jongdae and Sehun, he knew he would be the first one to arrive! Those two are the most punctual people he knows in regards to their work, personally the pair of them would be late to their own funerals. Interested to see what the café is like after Jongdae called It Bijou, Chanyeol peeks through the window. He does admit the aesthetics of this café do make it stand out from the hordes of cafes in Seoul, the greens and gold of the wallpaper covering the back wall makes the soft pinks and white pop. 

 

He almost groans when his eyes catch the flamingo pink velvet benches, he wishes they were meeting at the usual overpriced Starbucks! Chanyeol runs his hands through his still slightly damp hair, he didn't sign up to spend his morning amongst the Instagram parade!  Thankfully though as Chanyeol looks around the café from the outside, there doesn't seem to be any one accept a lady with her back to him. Chanyeol takes a deep breath when realising the others will be a little while yet, he gets his phone out may as well check his emails and opens the door.

 

The sharp intake he hears once he steps foot in the café, has him lifting his head away from his never ending emails. His eyes widen when he locks on to the person he hoped let out the sharp intake of breath, as standing before him is the most gorgeous creature he's ever seen.  One that has such ethereal and unique beauty it should be illegal! Full and shiny vixen red hair, skin so pale it would give the snow white and plenty of idols a good run for their money, he should really stop staring! 

 

Chanyeol really can't help himself, as he continues to not so discretely stare at the exquisite man in front of him. His heart is beating erratically and feels weird,  his chest has a familiar warm feeling one he thought he would never feel again and certainly not with just one look at the man in front of him. All he wants to do as he watches the colour drain from the man's beautiful face, is wrap him up in his  safe embrace and protect him from the cruelties of the world. That need to protect increases as he watches the young beauty nervously lift one ever so tiny pale trembling hand to his right ear. Chanyeol observes as the woman gets closer to the beauty, and gently touches the young man's thin  delicate looking arm.

 

Chanyeol watches as those striking blue eyes refocus on the lady he saw first, breaking whatever magic  had been woven between them. Chanyeol doesn't hear what the woman says as the beauty slightly bows in his direction,  before turning on his heels to the back and what he assumes is the kitchen. Chanyeol doest know what possesses him as his feet take a mind of their own,  he is about to step forward when the door behind him bangs open!  

 

Baerkhyun stands in the kitchen willing his heart to stop hammering in his chest, closing his eyes to centre himself and quickly calm his breathing. Ignoring the weird feeling in his chest he knows he has to snap out of it, he doesn't want to be out the front with that stunning Adonis still there, mainly so that Adonis of a man won't discover that he isn't normal. 

 

He knows not everyone will be cruel, but years of ridicule are hard to shake off.  He silently prays that the overwhelmingly magnificent looking man, one who is oddly familiar will be getting his coffee to go, and be gone by the time he sanitises his hands and gets his apron.

 

15 minutes later he still stands at the doors to the kitchen as he peers through the doorway he can still see the handsome man, this time though he isn't alone. Two other equally put together men have joined him, Baekhyun eyes widen when he recalls his brothers text about having an admirer!  Could it be one of the men at that table, he doesn't want to admit to himself that his heart and stomach are doing weird somersaults at the thought of the platinum haired man coming here to woo his brother.

 

Baekhyun observes how each of the three men stand out like sore thumbs, compared the normal Saturday crowd, he fires off a message to his brother saying the admirer has arrived and asking for a photo, telling himself he isn't praying that it's not the platinum one.

 

He feels his iPhone vibrate and almost drops it when he sees what his brother responds with, there on his phone is that famous ABC photo of the kings of  the Seoul elite! What catches his eyes is the man standing front and centre, that man is none other than the Park Chanyeol. Baekhyun can feel the heat in his chest at how stunning Park Chanyeol is, even dressed to kill in a black tuxedo complete with new undercut shining ultraviolet platinum hair. The innocent man and nation's heartthrob at the centre of a scandalous act, one that has been so shamelessly discovered. The man in the picture just so happens to be the very same man sat out front, Park Chanyeol who fifteen minutes ago was staring at him with such an intensity it was like he could see his own soul.  

 

Baekhyun clutches at his chest, never has he experienced anything like this before in his twenty years of life! Baekhyun eyes Park Chanyeol through the window again his outfit of black blazer, white T-shirt and jeans give off that classic bad boy vibe, a look that makes Baekhyun's   pulse beat faster!  

 

Orders for 2 iced americanos and a iced latte made now the duo have finally arrived. Chanyeol sits back and watches the youngest of them gaze around the coffee shop, "Hunnie are you sure this crush of yours works here and at our law firm!" This peaks his interest and he wonders, no hopes Sehun doesn't has a crush on the red haired beauty he saw earlier, "Yes Chen, his name is Luhan and he works in your HR department, has brown hair, pale skin short!" Chanyeol smiles he does remember he has met the object of Sehun's affection, a memory of a very deer and feminine featured man flashes in his mind. Chanyeol liked what he saw of the man, he may be small in nature, this Luhan was quite the force to be reckoned with when someone didn't want to include any of the interns for promotion. 

 

Odd that this Luhan guy works at their firm and also works in this cafe, surely they don't pay their staff so terribly that they need to have two jobs! Sadly Chanyeol is all to aware that second jobs are not all that uncommon, especially as university not awarded on a scholarship is expensive it's those second jobs that allow for luxuries. 

 

Chanyeol let's out a sigh when he catches wind of Jongdae's next statement, "did you see the papers this morning Sehun?" Not wanting to discuss that part of his life he cuts off Sehun's response, "I'm pretty sure most of Seoul has seen the pictures of us at the charity gala and the one of the happy couple!" "Chanyeol it's just so wrong, how can you be so ok with their attempts to get a reaction from you!" "Chen please enough of my life is plastered in that gossip rag, I don't want to retaliate nor do I want Sehun to release a statement,!" "Say the word Chan and I will release what ever you want, we support your silence as it just tarnishes their actions further! Besides our dear Chen did confirm that you were rather secretive this morning,  I saw  the hottie last night that couldn't keep his hands off you!" Chanyeol waits for the inevitable whine from Jongdae which takes only seconds to leave his friends pouty lips, Chanyeol rolls his eyes such a drama queen! It's obvious the look on his face is one of annoyance, as both Sehun and Jongdae raise their hands in surrender! Before Sehun speaks "I don't need the juicy details of your escapades last night, I'm just thrilled your finally starting to move on." Chanyeol can't help but smirk, he wouldn't call what he did last night moving on no it was more like scratching an itch. 

 

About to suggest they move on to a topic of conversation that doesn't include his recent activities or his love life,  want  he sees causes his voice to gets stuck in his throat! The red haired beauty re-enters the cafe, his beautiful face lowered to his phone, at the same time the door to the cafe bangs open as familiar face rushes in, the gasp that Sehun let's loose confirms this is indeed Luhan their new HR associate! He smiles as he watches Sehun sits up straighter and fluff his hair like a girl, completely ignoring Jongdae as he snickers at him. Chanyeol is confused when he sees sudden shocked expressions on their faces turning hue can see clearly the direction as to where this Luhan has headed.

 

What he sees is caused his own eyes to widen, Luhan has rushed to the red haired beauty, still focused on his phone.! This Luhan guy  gently places a hand on the young beauty's face, not in an intimate way it's like he is trying to get his attention, from where they sit you would be blind not to notice the striking similarities of the two. He can hear Jongdae whisper that they must be brothers to Sehun who seems to instantly relax at those words. Chanyeol keeps his attention on the two exquisite beauty's he isn't close enough to hear the words Luhan is speaking. 

 

Chanyeol's eyes widen at what he sees next, the sharp intake of breaths beside him mean both Sehun and Jongdae too didn't miss what he saw. Chanyeol can feel a strange feeling in his heart,  and in his head forcing him to stand and approach the pair in front of him. The red head hasn't spotted him yet, he's still  busy communicating with flurried hand movements, it's obvious now why this young man ran away earlier, this beautiful creature that he so desperately much to his own surprise wants to know and protect, is quite obviously hearing impaired!

 

Hello everyone

How did I do with the pair finally gets glimpse of each other, how did I do with Chanyeol finding out our dear Baekhyun is heating impaired. I hope I am doing well I'm so excited to write this story for you all,