My Love is Your Love

Finding Love One Afternoon

Six Months Later Baekhyun's POV

Baekhyun stands in front of the mirror of his dressing room, the dressing room Chanyeol insisted he have in their new home. It did not take them long to find their dream home, one so different from the penthouse Chanyeol owned. They now own a much bigger house in the new posh gated community on the outskirts of Seoul, it's their forever home. One they both loved the instant they stepped into the hallway, it had everything they needed and more. A grand stylish kitchen and marble bathrooms, soft fluffy carpets and views for miles. There is even an attic space that he plans to use at the moment for all his art, the ones that will not be on display anyway. A large study that Chanyeol has already commandeered as his office. A master bedroom that marvels even the grandest of mansions, all soft taupes and imperial purples. Stainless steel appliances stand in a granite kitchen, where both his mother and Park Minyoung have taught him how to make banchan properly, and cook  more nutritious meals then the noodles and grilled meat he could do.

 

What they loved most was the sweeping views of the city from their outside garden terrace, a terrace that Baekhyun helped make perfect for their intimate late afternoon wedding ceremony and evening cocktail reception. 

 

It's not the massive society wedding every news outlet has been forecasting, just a small intimate wedding of there nearest and dearest, along with a couple of associates of their parents and Chanyeol's business associates. If he looks out the window he knows he will see Sehun organising the final touches to the bar they have set up. 

 

Their kitchen has been taken over by the exclusive catering team whom are busy rustling up rustic French styled appetisers, including frogs legs, a mini sausage cassoulet, mini tartines  of pesto cream vegetables, and thyme and lemon chicken legs. The grandest white iced white chocolate and raspberry ripple cake that stands on a glass covered cherry blossom cube. The smell from the kitchen has had everyone's mouth watering, thankfully the catering team have provided both the bridal and groom parties fresh made pastries and fruits platters. 

 

The terrace for the ceremony is all complete as-well, as he personally ensured the area was decorated to what they both wanted. A very informal gathering of clear Perspex chairs are dotted on the terrace, jasmine scented white candles line the aisle along with a mixture of white flower petals that match all the flowers they chose together.

 

They will say their vows under a grand flower garland arch decorated with green foliage mixed with white roses, Pom Pom dahlias, white carnations, white hydrangeas dotted with gypsophila. It will be a magical moment that Baekhyun can't wait for, it will beautiful to say their vows as the sun will be setting making all the skyscrapers and their sleek glass façades sparkle. A Yamaha grand piano and string quartet will serenade his walk down the aisle, before discreetly packing up to make way for their own picked playlist, a modern mix of soul and jazz, something that will go well their cocktail reception. Which will be just tot the right of the terrace under a newly built pergola where the same flower garlands hang from the rafters, made that more intimate as they are dotted with hand blown crystal glass tea lights. Crisp white table clothes will cover the tables, sitting atop them will be an assortment of hurricane vases in varying sizes. Each of the vases will either be holding white jasmine scented candles, and single white hydrangea and white Cala Lilly's. The same Perspex chairs from the ceremony will be used for guest to sit at should they wish, their canapés and cocktails will be served on the finest bone China and crystal everything etched in platinum tying together their theme of understated elegance. 

 

Baekhyun initially wanted cherry blossom  and soft pinks to match the spring wedding, but as the key elements of what they wanted morphed into this quiet yet  very classy affair the pink just did not suit. It was Chanyeol's idea of white flowers that won over in the end, keeping their special day simple with a  black, white and green colour scheme bringing life to their vision of a small ceremony and cocktail reception. Neither of them wanted the typical full day affair, they wanted to declare their love in a private ceremony and have couple of hours enjoying good food and company of their favourite people before a more private celebration, one just for them. Baekhyun can feel the heat in his cheeks at the very private celebration they will have, before leaving on their honeymoon. 

 

With the final details of the days preparation in Sehun's capable hands, he's been able to relax and get ready for the day he's been dreaming about for the last six months. Finally marrying Park Chanyeol and becoming Park Baekhyun. He has to take a moment hardly able to believe the man staring back at him is his own reflection. Taking a deep breath he can't help but smile when the smart man in the mirror remains standing. Hard to believe he's the same impeccably dressed man in a brand new Burberry suit, pressed white shirt and a pure silk black tie, make up expertly applied by a hired professional artist. One  who has performed a miracle and made his eyes brighter with soft highlights, yet intense with a flick of eyeliner something that artist said he wears better then any girl. His own skin too has never been so luminous, it's glowing yet remains incredibly natural, all soft focus and rose tinted lips.

 

He smiles when he sees both his parents and his brother dab at their eyes with the matching silk handkerchiefs he commissioned especially for this moment! His mother is the first to pull herself together and head over the pale pink box waiting on his dressing table! Seconds later he watches from his spot as she pulls out his corsage a mix of white blossoms, white roses and and gypsophila. His corsage matches the buttonhole flowers of his soon to be husband, just thinking of Chanyeol very soon becoming his husband has his emotions soaring and his eyes tearing up! 

 

Baekhyun smiles when his mother gently fits his corsage on his wrist over his shaking hands, he's nervous to know how his amazing perfect giant is going to react to his biggest surprise. He has two, one is the portrait he has painted of Chanyeol sleeping, it's a private intimate portrait that he hopes will hang in their bedroom it's slightly as in this painting he has capture Chanyeol sleeping on his back his modesty covered by the cotton sheets. What's about it is that he drew the outline after a photo he took just after they had made love for the first time since his accident. A very personal moment that he wanted to capture forever just for them. It's but classy, Baekhyun is so proud of it as he's meticulously matched Chanyeol's slightly tan skin tone but added a y edge by keeping the background a soft black and the sheets that barely covered that modesty a Spanish red for passion.

 

His second surprise he has kept carefully hidden for the last 8 weeks. He can't help it as his emotions finally get the better of him and a lone tear falls from his right eye. For a long time he feared there was no hope over ever being able to hear anything, but his audiologist confirmed he was a perfect candidate for the tiny grommet cochlear implant they first discussed just a mere six months ago. Finally have the tiny implants fitted 8 weeks ago, he will never forget how for the first time he could hear more then just silence. That the voice inside his head was not the echo like noise he heard with his traditional implant, it was an overwhelming moment to hear more then just fuzzy echoes, he heard the soft tone of his mothers voice clearly for the first time in his life. A sound he had longed to hear for all his life, that when he heard the gentle tone of his name being called by his mother  for the first time he bust into tears.

 

The implant so far as been so much more successful then his first ones, he can't help it himself when he once again traces the rough texture of his skin just behind his ear. Where muscle memory can still feel the weight of his first implant, he still can't believe the difference in the quality of his implants. Perhaps it's because these new ones are discrete enough to fit in his ears, it's like he's been given a new life with everything new sound he hears. It's been a struggle not to rush to his love and spill the beans and demand he call his own name. Thanks to busy schedules and wedding planning Sehun has managed to keep the sickeningly sweet lovebird's apart for the majority of the last 8 week's. 

 

Baekhyun has yearned to be close to his gentle love, but Chanyeol has been hard at work both on keeping the the details of their wedding quiet and private. He's issued iron clad non disclosure agreements to all their suppliers, he had worried about the spiralling costs of their wedding as he had seen the invoice for the catering team. His parents had simply smiled at him when he frantically signed he feared they would need to seek the cafe to help pay for it. His father simply smiles at him before advising him the speech therapist was here and it was time to practice his vows.

 

Coming back to the present he can feel the crisp whit card of his speech in his pockets, his speech therapist has been amazing he now doesn't sound like the squawking baby chick  he did when he fist said Chanyeol's name out loud. The one downside of being totally dead mute he's never been able to hear his voice and was alway to embarrassed to even attempt any kind of phonics. Now though that high pitched squawk is a slightly more defined sound, yes he sounds like a small child and has a soft tone. Has only concentrated on saying names of his family, the vows  he want to say and a few other simple words to get by, a feat in itself according to the therapist. Baekhyun is aware being fully able to talk with out that tell all squark will take much longer. 

 

He can't think on that now as he feels a hand on his cheek, his mother looks simply radiant her pistachio green gown, and incredibly beautiful with her smile the biggest he has ever seen. Baekhyun waits as his mother simply signs the words I love you my darling boy, your ready now darling it's time. 

 

Those signed words send an instant thrill through his body, yet a calmness like no other wraps around his heart like a comforting blanket. He was afraid he would succumb to his insecurities and would have those pre wedding jitters, instead all he's felt is infinite love for the man he will call his husband, almost wishing that today would come quicker so that the can finally call his amazing gentle giant his own. Now that day is here and in less than  an hour he's going to be Park Chanyeol, smiling he leans forward and kisses his mothers cheek who he feels gently pat his cheek one more time before stepping back away ready to be escorted down to the terrace with a still emotional Luhan. 

 

Baekhyun grabs Luhan's hand and gives its a gentle squeeze, he knows his brother will soon be alright and will be comforted by the the one and only Sehun. He knows something is going on and will get the details later right now he's needs to have a moment alone with his father before they themselves head down to the ceremony. Closing his eyes he takes a deep breath just to centre himself when he opens his eyes he finds his father standing in front of him. All Baekhyun gets is a kiss to his forehead as he hears his father whisper "I'm so proud of you!" If he wasn't so conscious of his make up running Baekhyun knows he would be a blubbering mess. Nothing  else is needed to be said as he takes his fathers arms and they make their way to out to the terrace where just 40 guests are waiting to watch him walk down the aisle.

 

It only takes them minutes to get to the freak doors leading to the patio, Baekhyun however stops there final step before reaching the aisle, they are just out of sight of everyone giving him chance to take in the scene in all its glory for just a moment. The ceremony setting is beautiful a soft white carpeted aisle is scattered with a sea of white petals, the smell of the expensive  jasmine scented candles fills the air it's everything they both want. Finally allowing himself to raise his eyes to end of the aisle, what he sees there takes his breath away. Baekhyun can here himself gasp, whilst that it self sends excited ripples down his spine for what he's about to reveal he's is mesmerised by what he sees. 

 

His strong, tall gorgeous, amazing man stands under the arch of white flowers glorious in his matching black tuxedo. He's whispering quietly with both Jongdae and Sehun, yet the smile he wears is the biggest Baekhyun has ever seen and for the first time in months Chanyeol radiates pure joy. Baekhyun feels a squeeze on his hand, turning slightly he finds his dad subtly tapping his watch. Baekhyun smiles he knows what he means it's time to become this amazing man's husband. He waits one final extra moment for the string quartet and the piano to play an instrumental version of Yiruma's kiss the rain. Suddenly he feels all eyes on him, and for the first time in his life he doesn't shy away from the stares, instead he takes a deep breath and moves forward, their guests fading in the background as the only person he can see is the man that he will soon call husband.

 

Chanyeol's PoV 

He's pretty sure he resembles a goldfish with his mouth hanging open at the sublime vison before him, one so beautiful a silence has descended over the excited chatter of their guests.  Chanyeol can only stare in wonder as his beautiful ethereal kitten almost glides towards where he is standing, that gorgeous mop of red hair twinkling with fire against the setting sun. Chanyeol can hardly believe this day has finally come, everything has come together better then even he could imagine it.  The  flowers maybe  simple but the pallet and choice is so elegantly classic, the light of the candles flicker as his precious kitten walks down the aisle makes this special moment something  straight out of a fairytale!

 

His idea of white, he did fear would be lost against the grandeur of their new home, but it's perfect and exactly what he wanted for Baekhyun. He knows Sehun and his kitten almost had heart attacks when they discussed budget, simply handling over to Baekhyun his own black centurion Amex card! What he sees so far is clearly all the creme de la creme of all things wedding, amazing flowers, sought after French caterers that even his mother hadn't been able to book for any of her parties, and champagne imported all the way from Harrods in London yet just a a tiny pinch of what could of been spent. Platinum rimmed fine bone China and crystal that he knows Baekhyun's parents paid for await all that amazing food and ice cold champagne. He couldn't refuse when The Byun's  insisted that they pay for the special interpreter that will recite the officiant's legal formal vows. They both decided in the fleeting moments they have been able to spend together that they would say something of their own. Something he plans to sign rather then speak aloud so its something special just for Baekhyun using KSL he's been practicing for weeks to say properly. 

 

He's so happy he's sure his smile will soon be splitting his face apart, and his body is feeling all kinds of hot as he watches his precious kitten serenely take the final steps up the white carpeted aisle. Something he feared would be delayed after the accident, yes there were no bone breakage's and it could of been so much worse. He still worried  for the first month after Baekhyun was home, he was so scared when his kitten struggled to walk, those fears soon melted away when the physiotherapist  he personally hired worked miracles. His gorgeous beautiful boy who's never looked more stunning then he does now walks with out a limp, his eyes and cheeks are glowing both in happiness and love.  He longs to run his hand down those soft cheeks, but will refrain himself and will behave himself for now, once the champagne is in full swing he plans to whisk his kitten upstairs, for a more private celebration of their union. 

 

First they have something really important to do, and that is officially become legally wedded husbands, taking another deep breath he wills himself not to cry as his delicate kitten takes that last step as a single man. Chanyeol try's to control his tears that threaten to fall as his soon to be father in law signs  I love you  to Baekhyun before finally and gently pushing his tiny kitten towards him. His arm already extended to symbolically take control of caring for this rare treasure of treasures, he quickly looks over the head of his precious heart to find Papa Byun wearing his own emotional smile, noting once in understanding that it will now be down to Chanyeol to protect and nurture this precious boys heart. Something he vowed when he first met this amazing creature.

 

Chanyeol has wanted to be more then a boyfriend to this young amazing creature since the moment he spilled coffee down his shirt. He's hated that he's been so busy the last few weeks that Baekhyun been left to deal with most of the planning alone, yes he's had Sehun and all their family but he can count on the one hand the nights they've shared their bed! Chanyeol has been kept busy by his best man with a hard case that has required all nighters  at times. Something he completed at Jongdae's condo so as to keep the stress away from Baekhyun. He shouldn't be thinking about work right now not when something magical is about to happen.

 

He hears the officiants request to face his beloved kitten, so follows that command and turns to face his soon to be husband! Sparks of love and arousal shoot down his spine as he finally gets to look into the eyes of the Angel stood in front of him. Baekhyun has always been beautiful, but today that beauty is transcendent! Those gorgeous deep eyes shine with so many happy emotions, those perfect pink lips enhanced with a barely there pink hue scream kiss me. That delicate body he's spent many a night mapping out that's encased in luxurious black silk is doing crazy things to his libido, but what stands out the most and something he truly hopes is reflected in his own smile is the pure joy Baekhyun radiates. 

 

They're here and are finally taking this monumental step to show their love and commitment to each other, he's pretty sure he's walking on cloud nine. The air around them is filled with a soft jasmine scent from the candles and a unique calmness that's filled with want and love has engulfed them in a private bubble as they continue to stare into each other's eyes! Chanyeol completely zones out the officiant and the interpreter he knows will be behind him when he notices how his beautiful delicate kitten is trembling and looks to be about to cry.

 

Something pulls at his heart to see his kitten so clearly distressed on what should be the happiest day of their life. Gently he squeezes those tiny fingers he holding and his heart plummets at how cold they've suddenly become. His heartbeat pound in his ears when his beautiful kitten break the spell between then and lowers his head! Chanyeol has heard of brides and bridegroom getting cold feet and is desperately wracking his brain for anything that he could of potentially done to upset this precious kitten. Of course it has to be the last few weeks, they barely had more then an hour to talk to each other, he's home late and his darling boy is already sleeping.

 

His innocent loving Baekhyun hasn't mentioned being upset or concerned about how apart they have been these last few weeks, could this be what is making him shake! Not that he would ever blame him but he told Chen taking this case on would be problematic and now his kitten is closing today to be mad at him! Turning his head he hopes to catch the eyes of his own parents and Sehun to find their eyes shining with tears but not tears of pain. He tries again to squeeze his kittens hand to gain his attention but his stubborn love refuses to raise his head. He's been so caught up in trying to make sure his kitten is ok that he missed everything the officiant said until he hears the words that almost bring him to his knees.

 

"At the request of the Bridegroom Baekhyun I will stop this here and hand over to him as he has something he wishes to share with his groom and thus you all!"

 

Chanyeol certain he can feel a surge of unpleasant emotions as Baekhyun with out lifting his head steps back away out of if his grasp! The world is spinning around him as he realises Baekhyun is potentially stopping the day they have dreamed off! He doesn't care about anyone watching his decent to the floor, nor does he care that he's about to break in to undignified tears for the world to see as he's sure his heart is about to be broken. Unable to bare  those gorgeous eyes he turns his head away from Baekhyun, half expecting to find Jongdae and his family rush to get everyone out of this house. Instead he sees both sets of parents clutching each over, but their tears don't appear to be sad at all!

 

"Chanyeol."

 

The slightly stilted unfamiliar voice calling his name has him whipping back to face the man he loves. What he sees as his brain catches up to his heart, has his eyes tearing up and a gasp leaving his throat as those beautiful eyes he loves so much nervously look right at him. Chanyeol is gals he's already on his knees as the call of his name has him near weeping and almost falling forward onto his hands! 

 

The soft murmurings of their guest fill the air, he prays that he's not imagined that the person calling his name is this amazing man before him. Before he can this delicate creatures name,  his brave strong kitten is speaking again!

 

"I've spent so long in the world of silence that I was sure I would know what to say to tell you how much I love you, but the words have eluded me. I know you have questions my love, and I will answer all of them later. I'm sorry I made you think that I was about to stop the wedding, I promise I would never do that your love is my love. I needed to distract you so I could do this! Park Chanyeol you are my heart, my soul my everything, you have shown me how my world can too be technicolour my vow to you today and everyday is that I will always be your home, your safe space, your loving husband! Park Chanyeol I was made for you and only you I love you!"

 

Chanyeol doesn't hesitate he's back on his feet as sob rips from his throat, he can't physically verbalise anything he too has practice as he rushes to the man that will alway own a piece of his heart! He doesn't care about the tears of his own as he gently cups his kittens cheeks and uses his thump to wipe the tears falling from those beautiful eyes! His kitten is right he has a tone of questions mainly how did this happen, how painful was it and why did he not know before now! Closing his eyes he tries to control the tsunami of emotions lighting up his veins, instead he takes a deep breath before opening his eyes to find his gentle kitten smiling the biggest smile he has ever seen. 

 

" Byun Baekhyun I will always be your home, your safe space, your loving husband! Park Baekhyun I was made for you and only you. I love you too!"

 

Chanyeol doesn't wait or hear anything else the officiant says aside from, "I now declare you married!" Just in time   for him to claim those soft plush pink lips in a passionate kiss, as the cheers of their guests erupt around them. As he whispers "my love is your love" against those divine lips.  

 

Hello my lovelies,

Throwing white rose petals everywhere.

How was that for a wedding scene, I hope I delivered everything you have been wishing for, and Baekhyun finally saying Chanyeol's name finally happened in the best way possible ❤️

Just one more chapter to go, and I will be concluding Finding Love One Afternoon, definitely will need tissues on hand to say goodbye to this story.