A Kitten’s Interlude

Finding Love One Afternoon

Baekhyun's POV Three Weeks after the attack!

 

Baekhyun sits up in the bed he shares with Chanyeol at what he sees on the television and the subtitles he can read, finally feeling that anxiety ebb away at what he sees on the screen! He can feel the tension and stress of the last two weeks he's been home leach out of his body, it refreshing to not be afraid of his own shadow. For the nightmares of Adam's sneering face, to be finally be replaced by happiness, a happiness that will allow him finally fully plan their wedding! He can't help but squeeze the hand of his current companion his brother Luhan, as they watch Adam Wu finally getting frogged marched into the police station, more then a 100 flashes going off every second that vile cockroach moves! 

 

Admittedly he wished the man was already dressed in head to toe orange but will settle for the rough housing he can see! That is before his head starts to throb, grabbing his second brand new phone he can see it's not even midday! Midday is the time he can take his next dose of painkillers, if Chanyeol finds out hes asked for the stronger painkillers the doctor sent him home with, his gorgeous man will be home within 10 minutes instead of being a part of Adam's welcoming committee! Chanyeol will race back, possibly bringing his families doctor with him to do yet another check up, Baekhyun is beyond grateful for all his gentle giants support, and care but bringing home the doctor again will be a little overkill. Not that he blames Chanyeol for his over protectiveness, it's only this last week that his gentle giant has left his side, and that's only because Sehun had to push him out the door.

 

Baekhyun is no fool he's been very lucky Adam's viscous deliberate attack could of cost him more then his injuries. Yes he's been left with a broken leg, had to go through the excruciating pain of having his shoulder manipulated back in to its socket, with minimal pain relief! Required stitches to the hairline at the base of his skull from where his head hit the pavement, he still can't describe what it felt like to be concussed.  

 

For a short while after he came round he was beyond scared at waking in strange room, all alone with a doctor he didn't know.  Anxious as he struggled to understand the doctor with his sluggish lip reading ability due to the blurred vision and pounding headache. All he knows is that concussion has slightly altered his plan for the implant he wanted, he managed to discreetly meet his audiologist whilst still in the hospital unbeknownst to his fiancé. It was all thanks to Jongdae and Sehun's scheming mind, those two men could rule the world with their no nonsense approach! 

 

The audiologist had sadly advised him that because he had a concussion, he could not locate that he recognised any sound frequency! Crushing his dreams to try again with the cochlea implant in-time for the wedding. It hurt to discover the only thing he wanted next to marrying the man of his dreams may not be possible! To say he was fuming was an understatement, he was so angry he just burst in too tears. He admits he found that advice hard to bare and so unfair! He finally found the strength to brave and try again with the implant, only for Adam to take that away from him too! He couldn't bare the thought of giving up and had pleaded with the Audiologist if there was anything they could try. 

 

As of right now he's waiting for his next audiologist appointment, in six weeks to see if he would qualify for the new  hybrid style implant, the ones just like grommets! The audiologist has yet to come back to him but rather then fall in to a black hole, he decided that he would remain as positive as possible! 

 

Baekhyun knows his time at the hospital wasn't really all sunshine and roses, but also not completely doom and gloom either. Adam didn't succeed in executing his plans fully, yes he had to stay in hospital for a week, but his broken leg is healing nicely and wont require surgery. He. just needs to be in a full leg cast for 8 weeks. His concussion almost fully healed, the back of his neck and base of his skull still tendre, there is no bleed on the brain all in all he's very lucky. Lucky too to have the support he has, his fiancé that constant pillar of strength. 

 

Personally he's been so amazed by Chanyeol and his hands on care, wanting to be the one that helps scratch his leg through the plaster, apply the arnica cream to keep his bruises down, helped him wash his hair over the sink. They've grown even closer, as they have snuggled together on this very bed as they watched marathon movies eating Cafe Paradise's famous matcha croissants! Discussed in more detail what they want for their wedding and what they want for their new home. Baekhyun even had chance to write a victim impact statement, and maybe his chance to be brave and rub it in Adam's face that he is getting everything that foul man could've had. Baekhyun blushes at the memory of Chanyeol's proud face as he read his letter, and how what followed still has him blushing. They may be on a ban because of the plaster cast, it doesn't mean that Chanyeol hasn't been creative. They given each other mutual pleasure through some sinful s and just the one amazing and mind blowing !  

 

Their intimate moments, and this whole ordeal has indeed bought them closer, so close his gentle giant been his shadow! Chanyeol's makes shift work station is still set up in the corner of the room, as he still refuses to work a full day at the office. Today will be the longest day they have been apart in the two weeks he's been home, today Chanyeol is squashing the cockroach for good! Baekhyun feels a hand on his thigh turns to his brother, who is already signing did you know Chanyeol was going to be at the police station?

 

 I did, he wanted Adam to see his face as he does his first perpetrator walk! His father is working hard to make sure Adam is not giving a show trial, just a sentence as long as he possibly can! Hopefully somewhere with a cage!

 

Baekhyunnie  no one would be deny the assault, it's on camera and you both have a host of other evidence to support how unhinged that man has become!

 

We do and  what's even better is Kris has filed for divorce!

 

Yes I know I saw the news, but Baekhyunnie we're getting of course, look at your fiancé!

 

Baekhyun turns back to the screen, pride and love filling his veins, he can't take his eyes at what he sees. Neither can all the reporters as they all in slow motion much like a Mexican wave turn in the same direction, just where his gentle giant stands very much the King of Seoul they all proclaim him to be! Chanyeol stands with his head high in a crisp power suit of deep red satin and a black silk shirt, it's an expensive suit that clings to his broad shoulders and defines each of his muscles. A suit that screams business and sends a clear you to Adam. This Chanyeol sends a flare of emotions straight to his groin, his fiancé is a walking wet dream like this raw and intimidating. Baekhyun shivers at the look Chanyeol wears, its a look of gleeful contempt yet as Chanyeol looks into the camera it's like Chanyeol knows he will be watching, as all his features soften for a second before that stern look returns full force. Baekhyun can clearly see that Chanyeol has finally put to rest any kind of feelings for the cockroach, that the man standing with a smirk on his face means business, and  that he well and truly resents Adam with everything he has.

 

Baekhyun turns back to his brother, he's sure his own face carries a mixture of emotions, especially if the tears running down his face are anything to go by. He shouldn't be crying but his emotions over the last few weeks have been in overdrive with his own feelings for that foul evil cockroach! A small part of him does feel sorry for Adam, as much hatred as there has been projected to Adam for what he's done, he recognises those actions are like many an idol a desperate call for help. Adam is breathtaking in his beauty but that beauty hides an ugly soul, one that is plagued with mental health issues, issues that allowed such toxicity free! 

 

The hand on his cheek startles him, he half expects to find his brother seething in anger over the fact that he's crying! Instead he sees that same gentle smile he always sees, no judgement just concern Baekhyun is fully aware he should not be crying, that it's definitely the result of his emotions. "Adam had so much potential, he could of manned up from the start, he broke Chanyeol's heart king before you were in the picture. Baekhyun he choose his path regardless of his mental state he deserves to be punished!"

 

Baekhyun takes a deep breath and nods Luhan is right, Adam could of taken so many different steps, what's important now is he is no longer a threat! Nodding once at what he lip read he watches as Luhan smiles before changing the subject completely Baekhyun no more stressing over that bug, concentrate on how you are going to be Chanyeols husband in six months. You're going to have to get a stick to beat all his admirers away, he is looking fine!"

 

Baekhyun huffs out a breath he doesn't want to beat people of with a stick, Chanyeol is his gentle giant, nobody else's! Baekhyun however frowns when his brother clearly starts to laugh, a laugh that goes on for several minutes before Luhan finally controls himself, what he signs has Baekhyun pouting in annoyance, but unable to refute.

 

Now I know why he calls you kitten, you brother are too cute even when your pouting and mad.

 

Hello my lovelies,

A slightly shorter update this time, we are nearing the end of this story too, a couple more updates and Finding Love in The Afternoon will be complete!

This update I know is a bit of an emotional rollercoaster it was important to me to add this little bit of Baekhyun post crash. I wanted to show how strong he's been but still so fragile that he cries over Adam because he truly is special 

As always let me know what you think 

❤️❤️❤️❤️