Chanyeol’s Promise

Finding Love One Afternoon

Chanyeol's POV Two hours after Baekhyun's accident.

Chanyeol races through the double doors of the hospital his precious kitten has been taken to, his mind surrounded by a fog of murderous rage, and his heart palpitations going a mile a minute. He's overcome with a storm of dangerous emotions that threaten to break free any second, as he curses up a storm that the private hospital Baekhyun is in, is the other side of the city to his office. Molten fury fills his veins when he remembers the desperate voice of his friend telling him his fiancé was a part of a car accident! 

 

Chanyeol had stopped breathing as his chest burned in fear and his head pounded as he could hear the anger in Sehun's  shaky voice when he explained that it was a more a deliberate act then accident!  He's almost positive that he doesn't have the full story, the full story right now is not important as he heads towards to the lifts, desperate to be reunited with his love. Jongdae jogging to keep up with him, who god bless him had the good sense to drive them here in his car as fast as the traffic would allow them. He's vibrating with anger that his delicate kitten has been a victim of a deliberate act, he has a gut feeling that he is not going to enjoy what Sehun would not say on the phone. He can feel a tight tension in his shoulders, his heat and chest burn with the knowledge his kitten will be in some tremendous pain on what should be a very happy day. A pain he can not take away with soft touches and warm kisses, no matter how hard he will try. 

 

"What floor and room did Sehun say Baekhyun is in!"

 

"Floor Six, in the private ward, room Four!"

 

"Chanyeol your vibrating, I know this is hard but you need to take a deep breath Baekhyun is going to need your strength!"

 

"Why Jongdae, why is it always my beautiful innocent fiancé that has to be harmed? First the bullying, then the media circus that Adam created, being dragged from our bed by him and now this deliberate attack has my stomach in knots. This was a deliberate act that only one person I know would be foolish enough to execute."

 

"Chanyeol if that foul evil cockroach is the mastermind behind this you have to put in him jail! That foul nothing but toxic waste of a human being has done it this time!"

 

"Oh no Jongdae, it's not jail that I will send him, he will be going to a padded cell some where far away where he can rot! Dear Daddy Wu or even Kris will not be able to save him now."

 

Chanyeol tries to wish away the foreboding feeling by rolling his shoulders, Jongade is right he needs to be calm when with his precious kitten, he's assuming the worst and praying for the best. Sehun was deliberately vague when he called which has done nothing for his own nerves. Nerves that have him frantic to be reunited with his fiancé, god he feels like he's been sitting underwater since that call that had bought him to his knees. He's never felt more not in control then he has right now. A deep seeded fury unlike anything he has ever felt, instantly bubbles and boils in his bloodstream. This blood thirsty attack is the last straw, Sehun may have been deliberately vague to keep him from going postal, because despite his wish to crush Adam with his bare hands. He has something so much more important to do, then stoop down to that level.

 

A thought that is cut off when he finally reaches the entrance to the private ward, his father he can see is pacing in a room to the left of the ward! Chanyeol winces at the poor sod the other end of that phone call, the windows are vibrating with every muffled word. "Are you ready to see what's behind the doors!" Chanyeol turns to his friend, to see nothing but kindness and concern. "No but I will be Baekhyun's strength during this time, he was so exited last night and this morning. We finally have settled on a date for the wedding, he was at the cafe to ask Sehun if it would be doable!"

 

"Chanyeol that's fantastic news!"

 

"It really is, the date we want is six months away."

 

"A spring wedding magical, Chanyeol every one will make sure that spring wedding happens. That it will be the society wedding of the century. That its across every newspaper where even the cockroaches will see it!"

 

Chanyeol can't help but smile as he looks at the evil smirk and eyebrow raise of his closet friend, Jongdae has been a saint and saved him so many times. "Please be my best man!" Is out of his mouth before he can even think it.

 

"As if I would let you stand at the alter without me, I want to see your face when Baekhyun walks down the aisle. I promise we will celebrate with Sehun later and give you a send off the King of Seoul deserves. Now you need to put on a brave face and be there for our young Baekhyun." All Chanyeol can do is nod, his heart is in his throat as they take the steps that lead them closer to room four. He knows he close because he can here Sehun on his phone, talking a mile a minute to one of his own assistants he suspects. There sat in the plush padded waiting area are four other people. Papa Byun is busy talking to Luhan, Chanyeol is certain they will be discussing the accident, if Luhan's clenched fists are anything to go by. His  mother and Baekhyun's mother both seem to be in a daze, when he finally notices the cracked iPhone in his soon to be mother in laws hands.

 

Which just causes his heart to break all over again, before the reason for them all being out in the waiting area breaks him further! "Are Baekhyun's injuries so bad that he needs surgery?"

 

Chanyeol  does feel minutely better when his mother approaches him to kiss his cheek, a small tired smile gracing her face. Min young Park always the epitome of grace. It is however Sumi Byun that answers his question "No my dear boy the doctor is with him, our baby will want to see you once the doctor leaves!"

 

"Sumi, I will wait my turn your his mother you should see him first!"

 

"No my dear boy, you are the man he loves he will relax more with you in the room, the doctor has been with him for a good hour!"

 

"An hour!" Chanyeol can feel the tension in his chest returning it's worse then he thought, what an earth could require the doctor to be with his precious heart for an hour.  That feeling of being underwater is fast invading his subconscious, he can feel it in his bones that his kitten has experienced something deplorable. As it's clear both his mother and Sumi are also struggling to comprehend the situation. "Chanyeol I think you should sit down." Chanyeol turns to find the most serious face on Sehun who has finally finished his phone call. Nodding along too when Jongdae declares he will run to the Starbucks next door for proper coffee.

 

Accepting that Sehun will not say anything until his behind hits the cheap polyester of the sofa, he takes a seat and takes a deep breath. What Sehun says next has him almost spitting fire, and an indescribable and unending feeling of pure hatred flowing freely through his veins.

 

"It was Adam Wu!"

 

All he can hear is ringing in his ears, his body feels suddenly very heavy like he's fighting a never ending battle with quick sand. He has hoped his previous warning would bring forth whatever humanity was left in that man. He truly questions how he had never seen this side to the man he was once in love with, could become someone so evil so cruel to inflict such harm. The sudden squeeze of his hand has him looking in to his mothers eyes. She holds a steely determination that he has never seen before, she leans in to whisper "your father is taking care of it, he will never leave a padded cell!" 

 

"A cage mother, he deserves a cage a padded cell is a luxury!"

 

"Then a cage he will have, now darling I know your angry save your anger my darling boy. Baekhyun will need you now!"

 

"I'm going to make him pay for this Mother, mark my words."

 

"As long as it's above board, he's not worth putting yourself in prison for, you have already done the wellness retreat. Don't let him see that's he's gotten to you. That's what he wants, the best revenge sometimes is to be successful and that's what you are, never forget it!"

 

"Thank you Mother!"

 

Nothing else is said, as the doorway to Baekhyun's room is opened and the doctor and an interpreter step out, Chanyeol is instantly on his feet ready to vault into that room the second the doctor says its ok to go check on his kitten. He does feel slightly less tense when he finally sees that the doctor doesn't appear to be all doom and gloom. "Family of Byun Baekhyun" if it wasn't so serious he would laugh at home they all nod together like a family of meerkats.

 

"I won't be around the bush I'll just get straight to the point, young Mr Byun is very lucky. Whilst i know it's comfort to hear that, Im sure you all anxious to know how he is. I promise Baekhyun is going to make a full recovery, he has a lot of bruising on his midriff which will be incredibly tender for awhile. I am ordering a CT scan to ensure there is no internal bleeding to be on the safe side. There is more I'm afraid his right shoulder was dislocated, his left knee cap has been fractured and perhaps the injury I'm concerned most about is the swelling and nasty gash at the base of his skull. 

 

Chanyeol is pretty sure he's the one that let out a sob, his emotions are all over the place, his poor young delicate kitten. His heart clenches at how frightening this most of been for him, he knows Adam too, he would of waited untill he was alone to strike. That deep seeded fury slithers along his bloodstream, as a red mist clouds over his eyes like incoming roll of thunder. He knows he has to calm down he can save his anger for when Baekhyun is resting hopefully home in their bed. He has to shake his head he's been so busy concentrating on the hatred in his veins that he almost missed the part about a head injury. The wish to take Baekhyun home dashed the instant with  good doctors next statement! 

 

"The head injury has resulted in some concussion, it's why he was sick so quickly. I'd like to keep him in for 48 hours to keep an eye on that swelling. It will also help him get used to his cast, which the nurses from orthopaedics will be fitting after his CT scan. His dislocated shoulder could not wait, i had it reset with the help of the nurses who are just finishing setting up a temporary cast for his left leg . Sadly the head injury has prevented me from giving him the sedatives I would of preferred to use whilst his shoulder was reset. Please know that I allowed him to have some strong painkillers and gas and air to keep him comfortable. I think the whole experience has overwhelmed him and with his limited ways to communicate I fear he may be suffering more with the anxiety of the accident. I therefore think it suitable that one of you stay the night, I will be telling Matron to have housekeeping prepare an extra bed."

 

"Before he can even suggest to Sumi, to have just an hour with him she is already shaking her head at him. "No my dear boy, you will stay he will not relax with out you!"

 

"That settles it then, I will be back in about an hour to take Mr Byun to his scan, I will then return with some hopefully more positive new. Your welcome to use this area as you wish until visitation time ends. Mr Park please press aid button on the wall should Baekhyun start to be sick."

 

Chanyeol nods ones before finally vaulting into the room he's been most desperate to get into since he arrived. His mother is right he must leave the plight of Adam for another day. Right now all he wants is to see his fiancé with his own eyes, and pray to the heavens he's going to be alright. gasps at the sight before him, his fiancé has never looked this fragile before. Almost like a babe wrapped up in cotton wool. A large bulky mass that must be the temporary cast sits below the blankets. His Snow White skin, if possible is even paler, and still bares blood stains in places. His kittens beautiful glossy red hair greasy and plastered to his forehead and thank the gods those beautiful eyes are wide open. There's a second between them where everything seems to fade into nothing before he watches his precious kitten raise a trembling left hand out to him as if he can't believe what he's seeing. 

 

Chanyeol doesn't hesitate, he's across the room before the tears are falling down his kittens face. Gently taking his trembling precious boy into his arms, pulling him close so he can hook him under his chin, and share his warmth. He may well of already played dirty with the Wu's, it clearly hasn't worked as he feels those tiny shoulders shake in to his chest. It's obvious now playing dirty is not enough, what he can promise is Adam Wu will rue the day he chose to be evil, by the time his is finished that man will be nothing but a squashed bug under his shoe!

Just a little something to keep you all hooked i know it's a little sad and I have put our Baekhyun through the ringer 😢😢😢 but more happier times will be coming in the next updates.

Please let me know what you think ❤️