The King & The Viper

Finding Love One Afternoon

The Next Day Chanyeol's POV.

Chanyeol spots a familiar red Porsche Coupe across the underground carport of the building that houses his office. He knows well the shadow of the owner sitting in the driving seat. He didn't think it would take Kris long to seek him out, he should of put money on the fact it would take  less then a week after selling off Wu Law out from under him for Kris to find him. He kinda wished he stayed at home with his clingy octopus of a kitten, the beautiful boy he left sleeping in his bed at 6am this morning. A fresh hot water bottle at his back, some muscle relaxing gel on the bedside table waiting for him along with some pain relief and a little love note. He didn't want to leave but he has a new staff meeting at 8 followed by back to back consultations. The little love  note he left included a request for those famous matcha croissant, an americano and a kiss at lunchtime. 

 

Chanyeol can't believe what happened last night, their first love making session was so sublime, it was everything about love making he didn't know he needed. The way Baekhyun traced  I love you over his heart with his fingers, nearly reduced him to tears of happiness. How he felt every squeeze of Baekhyun's walls against his manhood. His biggest fear has always been that he truly was boring in bed now he knows that's far from the truth, that everything about last night has made up for years of mediocre with Adam. Looking back it was always the same thing, their life was lacking not because he was vanilla but because Adam was selfish. Chanyeol remembers the last time they had , he had done all the hard work. He remembers it was a celebration of Adams newest contract, a typical dinner where Adam got insanely drunk, had whispered some dirty word in to his ears to rile him up. An hour later he was on his knees off Adam, before the usual boring vertical tango! 

 

Chanyeol smiles at remembering the best part of last night, how he couldn't keep his hands off that delicate soft never before being touched skin, even after they bother ed! He had quickly left his kitten as he was still trembling and trying to catch  a breath to run a bath! What ever else  he wanted to happily recall is rudely interrupted by a loud angry bash to the passenger side window  of his Audi. He takes a deep breath before grabbing his phone and his keys before getting out of the car. He half expects the sound of footsteps storming up to him, instead he hears nothing but silence as he turns to face his once best friend! 

 

It's been a very long time since they have seen each other up close and as personal as this. He is a little smug at the shock he sees on Kris's face, Chanyeol knows it's because he himself is much changed. His once trademark unruly sable hair is long gone, replaced with his platinum pushed back undercut hair. Back then his physique didn't have the definition it does now, he was slender and toned but not graced with the muscles he now feels under his slightly to tight shirt! Hell even his wardrobe has had an overhaul thanks to the advice of a stylist. Now preferring more tailored pieces, Prada Chanel and Tom Ford over Hugo Boss, Armani and the occasional sweats. The only thing that seems to be changed on Kris is his world owes me attitude, it's lessened slightly serves him right really. He can still see the fire that his friend has always possessed it used to be fun to watch him use that fire to stamp all over corporate lawyers, now that fire just winds him up. What is new and he sure he mirrors it, is the disdain in those soulless eyes. 

 

Chanyeol watches Kris shake his head quickly, before squaring his shoulders and looking him straight in the eyes. What he says when he opens his mouth is nothing but poison and has a burst of anger flaring within him, one he is so very tired of holding back. 

 

"How dare you do this to me Chanyeol, you have turned me in to a laughing stock!"

 

"Do this to you, what about what you have done to me. Have you forgotten what I walked in, what it resulted in."

 

"I swear, I had no idea about that video!"

 

Chanyeol tilts his head as he keeps his eyes on Kris's demeanour, there is not an ounce of remorse visible or even radiating from him. The subtle twitch of his lips is a sure sign Kris is here as he wants to save his own skin. He truly doesn't know how this man can throw away their friendship, they've been friends for all their lives, well until he found his fiancé on his knees for him. He hates that's he still gets jealous that Kris got to have Adam on his knees, something the model never did for him. Shaking those thoughts from his head, there is no point in getting jealous over that cheap tart now. Or wanting to be in Kris's place he has something so much better now. Instead he will concentrate on restraining himself from wanting to wipe the look of contempt, off that far too tan face. 

 

"Don't lie to me Kris you both knew exactly what you were doing. You can play the victim to your family it will not work with me."

 

"Fine Chanyeol if it makes you sleep better at night, yes I knew about the parting gift! I just didn't think you would have the balls to make it public after staying quiet for so long. Your lap dog Oh Sehun certainly has you trained well."

 

"What because I kept my decorum, whilst you and Adam were landed in the roles of a home wrecker and a ! Guess what Kris that's exactly what you are!" 

 

"Don't call my husband a Chanyeol!"

 

"I can and will call that tart what I damn well please! Adam certainly has you well trained doesn't he, less then a week after your company is sold your here for what exactly! To gloat that in the end you still got the man you wanted, well you can have him. Your lucky I haven't called security or better yet stooped to your levels and called the media i bet they would love this. I know your both behind ABC and their little gossip updates, are they paying you well because i know it's about keeping yourself in the spotlight! That in your sick mind it keeps the focus on your little love dates rather then the fact that I do not need either of you!"

 

"Dont delude yourself Chanyeol, you may be referred to as the King of Seoul but you just a man. Your only here because that troll Jongdae took pitty on you. No one else would hire you even with Daddy Park using his influence. Your just a cheaper version of me, you never did like being second best." 

 

"Second best you say! Aren't you the least but curious as to how I sold our company, here's a hint it was your father that gave my family the majority shares when my father invested the money needed to make it happen."

 

"Your lying!"

 

"I assure you I'm not!"

 

"I don't believe my father would do that to me."

 

"Oh no why do think he didn't interfere when I first made a move, when I sold Wu Law for price 70% less then it was worth. That he only intervened when I sent out that tape, I know that your trying to figure out what I am saying so I will spell it out! That's right Kris it's you who is second best in our professional field you haven't even noticed that 40% of the clients we had sleepless nights over followed me, when I left! You father knew Wu law was better when I was there!"

 

Chanyeol so wishes he has a camera, so he can frame the look on this vipers face. It's one of pure confusion, it's always been Kris's belief that he was the one carrying what was once their company, it's balance sheet however has always told a difference story. Kris business plan would never of gotten off the ground had he not intervened and changed his plan behind his back. Perhaps that's why the sale of Wu Law was inevitable,  the balance sheet may of stayed in the black, but Kris's obnoxious attitude would of quickly put an end to that. What ever he is thinking soon vanishes when Kris regains his snake in the grass facade, that sinister smirk instantly putting him on alert. 

 

"What I don't understand Chanyeol is why do you still have this hold over my husband," 

 

"I don't have a hold over him."

 

"He's seems to be obsessed and angry every time he hears your name."

 

"Surly you should be asking Adam about that, it could be that's this fairytale life he wanted is crashing down around him. It's exactly what you both deserve."

 

"So we've been painted as home wreckers, and have a tape, it's better then being boring he's always made sure to tell me that you were never very imaginative."

 

"No wonder, I stupidly got my advice from you, it won't be long until Adam figures out your moves are the same."

 

"Oh no Chanyeol we have a healthy life, one that is truly fulfilling, in fact he gets off on knowing I taught you everything and that you were truly boring in bed and now  he feels sorry for you! That the video was there for you so  you could get tips from on how to make a man scream, you might need it with this Beakhyun boy! Bet your fathers thrilled you landed nothing but a gold digging hussey!"

 

It's that one statement that has his nostrils flaring, and has him him clenching his fists! Of course this would be about that stupid video, it's always been about the image the Wu's have in public. He truly is not surprised by the audacity of Kris's statement he's always been about getting one up on everyone and probably can't stand what he's done right under his nose. Chanyeol has no doubt Song Lee Wu is not to impressed either, and has doubts Kris has even told his father the truth.

 

"I don't believe it's been rated as the next karma sutra, in fact to quote ABC it's been said it's a gaudy, tacky, montage of slapping skin and moans."

 

"This will not destroy us."

 

"It may not Kris but know this you destroyed your own credibility the moment you slept with another's mans fiancé! We were planning a wedding Kris! This is all because the pair of you didn't have the balls to do the right thing. Had you both come to me and explained how you felt we would not be here now."

 

"A wedding! Really come on Chanyeol if  dint you remember when you were crying in my office over Adam not wanting to attend some functions. You had even come to me for advice on how to spice it up and this was long before I fell in love with him. Do you truly expect me to believe you would of welcomed us being a couple with open arms."

 

"Yet here you stand afraid of the hold I supposedly have on him, when it is Adam himself who can't stand to see that I'm happier with out him."

 

"So happy you had to spend 8 weeks at a wellness retreat. No Chanyeol your not happy, your trying to be me! And instead of winning back Adam, your slumming it with that disabled freak. Who lets face it is your because your bought him a designer jacket and iPhone!"

 

Before he can stop himself Chanyeol launches himself over his car, and grabs Kris by the collar of his cheap imitation leather jacket. That familiar deep seeded fury just like the night he found out about Baekhyun's disability being outed, once again instantly bubbles and boils in his bloodstream like lava. He does get a sick satisfaction at watching the panic on Kris's face for a moment, but it's just a moment. Truly he knows Kris is not worth facing assault charges far, but he wants to get his point across. So he pulls hard enough on the jacket to have Kris leaning  up on his tiptoes, just the base of his back leaning against his Audi. He knows exactly what to he has to do.

 

"You can say what ever you want about me, your right for a short time I was a miserable fool pinning over a selfish man who thought a life time ride on your was better for him. My disabled freak as you so eloquently called him is everything pure in this word and didn't deserve the media attack Adam instigated. Tell me Kris did he tell you how he found out about Baekhyun's disability?"

 

Chanyeol can tell from the way those nose flare that he has hit a sore spot, and can almost watch the cogs turning. 

 

"The cease and desist orders, were over Adam following Baekhyun?"

 

"That's right he followed Baekhyun one morning when he was on his way to work and caught Baekhyun using KSL with his brother, I believe it was  also not long after he was reprimanded by his agency for damaging location property. So you tell me Kris do you still think I love him, because the two million  I have in the bank for the sale of Wu Law and providing the media with that 3rd rate tape is certainly closure for me! I fell out of love when I saw him on his knees in my office. I gave him 10 years of my life, ten years it took me to realise just how manipulative he is. That maybe my beautiful Baekhyun was right, that this is all a show because he can't believe I dropped his sorry and is acting out of jealousy. That he has that classic I don't want you but no one else can have you attitude, it's unhealthy Kris you should really suggest therapy!" 

 

The sharp hiss he hears has Chanyeol taking  a good look at the man in front of him, he instantly releases his hold on his jacket and Kris pushes him away slightly. Chanyeol knows he definitely hit a sore spot at the mention of Adam being jealous. He can see it written over his face yet he knows Kris, that high and mighty elitism will not let him believe his husband is jealous. Dismantling Wu Law did give him great satisfaction, and yes he felt smug when many fashion and luxury brands pulled contracts with Adam. Adam will be spitting a slew of angry feathers when Burberry announce Baekhyun as their new brand ambassador. Not that his beautiful kitten knows it yet either, it's another little gift he has planned all to raise awareness that having a disability is not a crime and he knows Burberry is one of  Baekhyun's favourite windows to stare in as they pass it each time they have they head out on one of their favourite dates. 

 

"Jealous of that charity case, don't be absurd."

 

"Then why are you here Kris, to gloat that you still have the man who gave up his life with me for you I don't need you to do that, I've moved on I have a better life with out him in it. Quite frankly I'm tired of drama that associated with the two of you."

 

"I'm tired of being constantly compared to you, your no saint Park!"

 

"Then you need to rain him in Kris, none of this would of happened if you just accept the fact that what you did was wrong."

 

"How is falling in love wrong."

 

"Have you heard your self, I can't believe you even now after all that's happened, Kris how can you be so selfish. Your right falling in love is not a crime, but what you did is so morally repugnant! How about this if our roles were reversed and you walked in on me with Adam what would you feel."

 

"I wouldn't let it happen!"

 

Its those words that have Chanyeol dumbfounded, as those pesky insecurities he spent months banishing slither like poison back in to his heart! He can barely look at the man who he once his closest confidant, his oldest friend the one he wanted to beat his side when he married Adam. He could kick himself why on earth did he get out of the car and try to talk this cockroach he will never know, as he finally feels brave enough to face Kris. Staring in to those soulless eyes he finally realised why he's here! Kris is here not to make some kind of peace, or too gloat! He's here because he wants to see how far he can push him, it dawns on him now that perhaps all he wants is a fight. 

 

A fight Chanyeol won't give him, despite his hand itching to throw the first punch. He gives Kris another once over, sure he's head to toe in designer gear that doesn't disguise what's underneath. A man who can't accept he may have the trophy husband, but he doesn't have anyone's respect. Chanyeol knows if he were to be the first one to throw that so deserved hit, it will be all over the news like a rash! Of course that would be followed by Kris suing him. He's not going to fall for that and to make it clear he knows exactly what this snake is upto he takes a step back. Kris seems to understand his motive as Chanyeol can see those hands clench his hunch was right, Kris is deliberately trying to provoke him in to something.

 

A loud bang behind him has them both jumping out of their skins. It was so loud it was almost like a gunshot! Chanyeol quickly realises it's because the carport is still mostly empty as it's early still. The sudden whine like tone of his business partner has him whirling around in an instant.

 

"There you are, would it kill you to answer your phone there..!"

 

Chanyeol can see Jongdae is already frazzled and he's pretty sure spying the man behind him has rendered him silent. What is strange is the way Jongdae burst through the door, it's almost like he has the hounds of hell on his heels

 

"Sorry Jongdae my phone is on silent. Is everything ok."

 

Chanyeol watches as Jongdae's eyes nervously dart between him and Kris. Chanyeol has a sudden sinking feeling something is not quite right. Jongdae's continuous darting between them is not helping, he truly hopes this isn't because this conversation has been recorded and has been fed to ABC as a livestream! Of course that's what's happening, hot molten lava floods in to his veins like a tsunami, his resolve to not punch that smirk off is quickly slipping. So much so he doesn't notice that Jongdae is now standing between them with a rather strange look to his face one of fury and panic. Chanyeol soon understands when he watches Jongdae takes a deep breath before saying the words that has his resolve not to hit Kris melting away like ice of a sizzling hot stone.

 

"Adam is at your apartment Chanyeol, he's locked  himself inside with Baekhyun!"

 

To be continued.......

 

Hello my lovelies, how was that?

 

Before you all send pitch forks I've deliberately left this where it is, you know me I like to keep you all hanging. I promise you won't be disappointed with what is coming next.

 

Please be honest about what you think, I know some may think it's a bit lacklustre so I'm sorry if it is. This is exactly how I wanted this to go a preview of the true Park Vs Wu Battle Royale.

 

Please forgive any spelling mistakes ❤️❤️❤️❤️