The Wu’s Downfall

Finding Love One Afternoon

Baekhyun POV

Baekhyun shakes with the intensity of the emotions running through him, he's just not sure if it's adrenaline and pure hatred, or fear and anxiety. Tightening his grip on the blue silk sheet that he had just enough time to wrap around his body, seconds before he was unceremoniously woken with cold water thrown in his face and dragged wet and disoriented from Chanyeol's bed! He's so mad at himself, he can't believe it took a good minute for him to wake up fully. Then another minute which may as well of been a lifetime, to recognise the dark haired freak that used his disoriented state to grab him roughly by his wrist and pull him clean off the bed and harshly down the stairs! He was pulled hard enough that the sharpest pain he's ever experienced spliced up his left arm like fire. 

 

That man being none other than Adam Wu! Baekhyun found him standing over him with a smug evil smile, and wild expression. Even in his worst nightmares he never would of expected to wake up to that icy expression. Especially the morning after he gave every part of his heart to the man he loves. His delayed response to the imposter gave Adam all the leverage he needed to drag him harshly not just out of bed, but all the way down a flight of winding stairs. He was even rough handled on to Chanyeol's expensive sofa, to his shame it was only as he was pushed down on to expensive leather did he realise what had happened. 

 

Baekhyun is just grateful he managed to spot his phone lying where it must of dropped out his pocket last night! It must of fallen out when he was being lifted off the sofa by the man he loves, to busy desperately trying to devour each other's mouths and get each other to notice his main source of communication abandoned on the sofa. Thankfully he was quick enough to hide it under a waterfall of blue silk, that he keeps tight to his chest with his good hand. The arm that Adam used to drag him out of bed throbs,  He doesn't have to look down to to know his wrist will bright red where it was squeezed so tight, he's positive bruises will be forming already too! Now he's more awake and  sat down he realises his whole body hurts. The most prominent pain is his arm, but his lower back, backside and even that delicate bundle of nerves deep within him aches. 

 

He's sure its only been minutes since his rude awakening, even with the pain in his arm and shaky fingers he managed to send out a text of Adams here! He's not 100% positive but he thinks he sent it to Jongdae, at least he hopes he sent a message. As he only had seconds to send something, his heartbeat going a mile a minute. All while Adam locked the doors to the penthouse, and helped him self to the grapes in the fruit bowl as if he's a welcome guest before plopping his behind in the armchair opposite him. 

 

It's been the longest minute of each of them simply staring at each other, he wills himself to keep eye contact with Adam despite his whole body trembling. He hopes his message was sent and that someone is on the way, he doesn't want to set Adam off to any sudden movement!  Chanyeol told him when news of his disability broke that there are alarms in multiple parts of the penthouse. He dare not reach out for the one disguised as a television remote. Not that he can reach forward without alerting to Adam to what he's doing, truthfully he's a little bit afraid no down right terrified as to why the man is here. He has no idea how to predict what Adam plans to do next. His heart drops at the very fleeting thought that perhaps it is what he's been saying all along. That deep in that dark cold heart is a man that just wanted Chanyeol's attention.

 

No this can't be that, his breathing calms as sweet memories of gentle touches and soft kisses fill him mind of last night, it was more then . It was making love, and he knows the emotion he saw in Chanyeol's eyes it was special to them both! Sudden realisation and anger slices through him, both at himself for ever thinking even if just for a second that this is the man Chanyeol would want. Fury finally takes a seat in his veins, over what's happened in the last 15 minutes, this fake is here to cause trouble. It's the only plausible explanation as to why Adam is here, it's not to reclaim a lost love. Adam is here because he has some sinister plan to push Chanyeol over the edge and force him into doing something that will benefit his toxic self  and his husband! Baekhyun now understands why Adam is here, he's the pawn in Adam's grand scheme. 

 

Adam wants Chanyeol to loose his mind and all sense of his decorum when he finds out he is is here! Chanyeol is so overprotective of him, there's no limit to what he can do when he's in his all protective knight in shining armour mode. A sadistic part of him can't wait for when Chanyeol finds out just how Adam has manhandled him, there will be no place Adam will be able to hide then. Movement catches his eyes, blinking away the tears building in his eyes just in time to catch Adam click his fingers just like one of those rude millennials do at the cafe. 

 

"You can drop the act that has made you a media darling, it's just us. You can speak you must be dying to have a conversation!"

 

Baekhyun can feel his eyes widen at what he just lip read, he's flabbergasted and can't truly can't believe it's just been said! It once again stirs unpleasant insecurities, he so wishes not being able to hear anything was an act. He's yearned to experience what so many take for granted most of his life! To hear his mother call his name, hear the sound of Chanyeol's laugh, the sound of a storm raging, even the sound of a car horn would do. Yes he has the love of his life and a family that love him, but this world of silence can make for a lonely existence! For Adam to think he's putting on an act stirs something unpleasant within him, he wills himself to remain put together despite the tears he feels sitting on his lash line. This man will never see him cry. 

 

"You know Chanyeol will grow tired of you don't you? That he will see through your innocent college student facade! You my have fooled the world into thinking your the best thing that has happened, but I see right through you! Chanyeol will grow bored of you! Imagine what he's going to do when he finds out that your just after him for his money. That he's kept you around because those pouty little lips wrap around his like a good little !"

 

It's that final sentence that has his hanging by a thread resolve not to cry in front of this man break. His long embedded insecurities rush to the forefront of his vison as he plays over memories of all the cruelty he's endured forcing him to lower his head. Baekhyun can feel himself shaking and the wetness of tears streaming down his face. He doesn't care that his arm throbs as he instantly switches it with the had holding the sheet to his chest, his right hand instantly raising to where his cochlear implant was. He can't verbally respond despite his wishes to tell this tramp, he's nothing but poor mans ! That it will take more than this to break both his own and Chanyeol's spirit. 

 

Taking a deep breath Baekhyun raises his head and drops his hand, hoping his swollen with tears eyes say everything he can't. He will not stoop to the levels of this fake either, he's heard the stories of his attitude he's not going to entice that legendary anger. He shudders again he's already been on the receiving end of this es anger today. He's never hated anyone as much as he does Adam, he never deserved the love Chanyeol had for him. What he and Kris did was despicable, he truly hopes his eyes convey every ounce of loathing and contempt he can muster. 

 

He can see from the way Adam's nostrils flares and his fidgeting, that Adam is fast loosing what ever patience he has! Not hat it matters he may be death but even he jumps at the booming vibration coursing through his body. A number of emotions flood his system as four men burst their way into the apartment, he catches the eyes of the man leading the pack. He raise his arms if he could instead he settles for letting his shaking and tears do all the talking they need to.

 

Chanyeol's POV 

Chanyeol marches across the threshold of his penthouse, he has one goal in mind. Reaching his shaking kitten who's sat in nothing but a silk sheet, molten fury boils within his veins at the tears in those beautiful eyes. Gasping when he scans over that tiny frame and notices how Beakhyun's slender left arm the one holding up said sheet is littered with what must be painful red marks and is clearly swollen. Completely zooming out the statement Adam makes of "look what the cat dragged in!" Rushing instead to the love of his life. He will deal with Adam in a minute, right now he has somebody far more important to look after. 

 

Reaching his sofa, he goes to wrap his kitten up in his arms but stops instantly when he sees Baekhyun shake his head before tilting his head in Adam's direction. Chanyeol understands instantly, his kitten wants to remain stoic in front of the imposter. Not wanting Adam to get clued in on what they say, Chanyeol puts in to practice all the KSL he's been learning. He briefly notices how the happy couple are being kept apart by his friends, good he's already had Jongdae call his detective contact for discreet help. He's through waiting for this pair to do the right thing, and owes them nothing. It's high time they got whats coming to them, his last favour letting them leave here not in handcuffs!  He can not wait to see Kris's face when dear daddy Wu doesn't come to there rescue straight away! 

 

He's beyond grateful that Sehun appeared when he did and insisted he drive Kris to the penthouse. At first he didn't want Kris to know where he lived but knowing the real reason he arrived, well it's time those rose tinted glasses and attention seeking hands have a taste of their own medicine. It's time for their so called love story to crash down around them. Chanyeol is pretty sure too had he sat in the same car he would of strangled that weasel. Instead he got to ignite  his own vindictiveness, once Jongade had finished his call to his detective contact he made a call of his own! Chanyeol called the scrapyard, 5 minutes later he had sold Kris's prized Porsche Coupe for a mere 50,000 won. Jongade had simply clapped his hands twice gleefully and smirked, his way of saying well played brother before driving them across the city. 

 

What happened baby, what did Adam do? Did he touch you? Is he the reason for that red mark on your arm?

 

He threw water on me to wake me up, and then he dragged me off the bed and down the stairs! 

 

Come on kitten I know there is more that your not telling me.

 

He thinks I'm putting on an act, that I can talk! Then he said you will grow tired of me, that I'm only after your money! 

 

Chanyeol instantly sees red, he whirls around to face both Adam and Kris, Kris who hasn't moved from his spot near the door at least has the decency to look surprised at his ability to converse with his kitten. Adam on the other hand, well for the first time he looks sheepish and confused. It will not save him from the words Chanyeol will have for him, a gentle hand on his arms brings his attention back to his finally no longer shaking kitten. The sadness he sees has his emotions plummeting, he so wants to wrap this delicate creature up in cotton wool.

 

Chanyeol I understand being with me is a challenge, I do I promise I'm not with you for your money! I'm with you because your the first person that's not treated me like I'm a freak. Id be happy just being in your life as a friend if that's what you wanted! 

 

Chanyeol is truly gobsmaked at what he's just understood of those fluid hand movements, he doesn't care that their are others in  the room he wants Adam to see this to see the love he will never have. He brings his hand up to that tear stained cheek, gently his knuckles across soft like butter skin. Seconds before he crashes his lips against those soft plump pink kissable lips, it's not the make out session they had of last night, nor is it chase it's just long enough for him to see the anxiety lessen in those beautiful eyes.

 

I love you my beautiful kitten, if it's the only thing you believe today, believe that my love for you is true and I know your not after my money. 

 

Adam I think he's trying to goad you into something, please my love don't react.

 

I promise I won't but I do have some choice words for him. Do you want me to call Sehun over so you can change, perhaps look over the bruises! Will you then tell me more I know he said something else.

 

Chanyeol is not surprised to see Baekhyun shake his head, years of bullying have made him lock up like Fort Knox. It breaks his heart to see the devastation and confusion on his kittens normally happy face, he can see the anxiety in those beautiful eyes too. He's not so stupid to not imagine what else Adam has said, he's can be cruel and unrelenting when he wants to be. Much to his dismay Adam knows all of his preferences and will of no doubt used the things he loves against his innocent kitten. He takes a quick look around his penthouse it's surprising untouched, Adam's penchant for throwing things thankfully no where in sight! 

 

Finally he eyes land on the man he was once going to marry and is not surprised to find the same snake like look that Kris had in his eyes. It further cements his belief that they are doing this for a show, and to goad him into making the first strike. If he did that he knows exactly what would happen, they wouldn't have him  arrested! No as he sees Adam curl his lips in to a devilish sneer, thats too easy. They would launch a bigger media attack and sue him for damages and character defamation. Ultimately their hope would be that the drama surrounding him would make him loose his license, and they be awarded a pay out! 

 

Chanyeol will not be playing into their hands anymore, he's beyond furious at their audacity and wicked scheming to get him to act out. He won't give them what they want, his hastily arranged plan will be their downfall. Adam's criminal activity by breaking into this home, will not go unpunished. In fact he pretty certain Jongdae's detective friend is not far away. He's already taken Kris's business, and woken up the world to their lack lustre tape. He's even managed to take away Kris's car too, a last you if it were as this it ends now! He knows just what to do to push Adam over the edge too!

 

"Was it truly worth loosing everything you have for loving this man Kris?"

 

"Excuse me I am sat right here!"

 

"Do you really think a man who claims to be so in love with you, would break into his ex fiancé's apartment!"

 

"I didn't break in, I bought the code from

Your security!"

 

Chanyeol takes great delight in how easily Adam gave away exactly how he got in, he may love this penthouse but he will not tolerate a weakness for bribery from anyone and will be putting this place up for sale as soon as the dust settle. After he's watches these vipers sorry asses behind bars, they don't need to know he doesn't plan to press charges, his very final act of clemency where these two are concerned. It's own special brand of revenge, he knows daddy Wu will not let them endure the shame for long. Hopefully he will ship them off somewhere to lay low, with gag orders. Kris is already clearly loosing his patience when a clearly annoyed "Adam shut up," leaves his lips. Chanyeol meanwhile exchanges looks with Jongdae and Sehun, currently looking like a pair of bodyguards as they maintain a distance, he knows they will both be coiled ready to jump in if needed. Not they will need too this is his show, its time for him to go in for the kill!"

 

"This further cements what I said Kris, you were afraid of the hold you think I have on Adam, yet here we are! Adam has broken in to my home, assaulted Baekhyun! Doesn't this scream obsession and jealousy to you! 

 

"Jealous of your cheap don't make me laugh, can't you see that's he stringing you alone. I'm doing you a favour!"

 

"Adam seriously be quiet!" 

 

"I know the exact reason why you both simultaneously approached us, this has nothing to do with your love for each other! You have already flaunted that in front of the world, and have instigated numerous of circumstances in the media's to your benefit. Your here because you hated that I retaliated after an expose got to personal, that I have let the world see that under the loved up facade is nothing but a pair of home wreckers! You cant stand that I sold a company I still owned, and your wicked idea to gang up on us was only to get compensation! Yes that's right I'm on to your dirty plans! 

 

"You were only ever a means to an end Chanyeol, you had the connections I needed to make it big."

 

"I know that you never loved me Adam, and I am ok with that, because I have something so much better now. Someone who's pure and loves me for me! It's clear now all I ever was to you was a cash cow. That you wanted the prestige that came with being my fiancé, and hate that even the Wu name hasn't been able to save what I pulled the plug on. I'm sure Kris is everything you want and you truly deserve each other, and you can both reap what you sow."

 

The sound of the door knocking couldn't come at a better time, as Jongdae opens up the door to the detectives called and one of his colleague.  Its obvious they  are detectives as they both flash  their belt badges, a move that has the colour drain from both Adam and Kris's faces. The sudden squeeze of his leg has his attention,  turning away from Jongdae and Sehun gleefully explaining to the officer who broke in! To find  his Kitten looking adorably confused, all he does is smile and kiss his forehead as an almighty screech fills the apartment!

 

"Get your hands off me, Kris stop them!"

 

Chanyeol smiles at the frozen look on his former friends face, especially when the other detective heads towards him. He looks like a fish out of water when the detective reads him his rights. He may not of physically broke in to his penthouse, he had to of known what his his crazy shrew was up to and that in itself is just as much a crime! Chanyeol gently places a kiss to his kittens lips again before gently letting go of him, he will make sure to call his private doctor when the trash has been taken out. It doesn't really bring him joy to watch this unfold, it brings him so much more as he watches Adam squeal for help as he dragged away from the chair his toxic behind was sat on.

 

"You seem to of forgotten some crucial details Adam, the first being that you broke the law breaking in to my home! If you think I'd let you just walk out of here after that and for harming Baekhyun your very much mistaken. The second thing you've failed to pick up on is that Ive been bidding my time for you to up for a very long time and boy have you. You could of had the world, not that you deserve it, your greed and obsessions have been your downfall! This cash cow as you so eloquently called me is closing shop! Oh and Kris good luck explaining this to your father I doubt very much he will rush in to save you this time!"

 

Chanyeol feels sorry for his ear drums, as Adam continues screeching in a voice so high only his dog brothers can hear him as he's over powered by the detective. Kris is led away in more dignified manor, phone already to his ears as he tries his best to demand to speak to his father! Their frantic demands are quickly drowned out by Jongdae slamming the door behind them with a loud, "good ing riddance." Sehun he notices is already tapping away on his phone as he heads towards his kitchen. Jongdae nods once in his direction and follows Sehun, giving Beakhyun and himself some privacy. no doubt the pair of them are calling his father to update him of the situation, lodging serious complaints to  the security firm responsible of the building and he hopes one of them are calling his doctor for a private appointment! Leaving him able to concentrate on the most important person in the room, his darling kitten who he hadn't noticed is now standing up! 

 

His beautiful kitten who looks amazing with the sunrise making the red of his hair glimmer like gold. Pale collarbones on show as he continues to clutch the blue silk sheet around his tiny frame. A tiny frame that barrels into him, and claims his mouth in a hot kiss that they really should contribute in private, picking his kitten clean off the floor he heads away from the cat calling his friends will start if they spot them. Chanyeol needs to finish this in his  bedroom where he  ensure this beautiful boy is dressed, and seen by his doctor. What ever he felt for Adam King pales in comparison to what he feels for this bright beacon of joy in his arms. Chanyeol vows here and now that this beautiful kitten will one day be Park Baekhyun.

************************************

Hello my lovelies,

 

I think I had kept you waiting for this update long enough. 

 

I have a feeling many of you will be like where's the dramatic showdown! I had initially wanted Chanyeol to go in all guns blazing but for what I have planned this works best. You know me I love to keep you all guessing.

 

Please I hope you will stick with me as all will be revealed soon.

 

Please be honest and tell me what you think, I hope I have surprised you with what I have created. 

 

I can't thank you all enough for waiting a whole month for this