To Squash A Cockroach

Finding Love One Afternoon

I couldn't finish this story without this little conversation between Chanyeol and Adam! 

 

Chanyeol takes a deep breath as he stands just outside the doorway of an interrogation room, taking a moment to still his rapidly beating heart and taking a deep breath to ensure that he is calm enough to do this! Making sure he's not showing any sign of emotion, as he's finally getting  to have this last face to face with the cockroach no scum of the earth! Yes inwardly he's gloating over the man he knows will be handcuffed to the table, it's important though that he remain stoic and expressionless despite the molten fury running though his veins! Whilst he wants to demand answers as to why Adam has tried to destroy someone so innocent, he is very much aware that Adam did it because he likes to hold some form of power over him! Chanyeol can feel his fingers dig into the palm of his hands at his own stupidity!  

 

His own reactions of playing dirty may have made a point but only made Adam more determined to enact on his crazed attempt to harm the man he loves! To prove his beautiful kitten is able to communicate and just putting on an act. He has no words to describe the fury he felt when Adam explained to the detective all he was trying to do was uncover the truth! It was a wonder he had any resolve  left to not to barge in and bash that greasy head against the table! Thankfully he has some control and realises that reacting to Adam is just proving his point, that this cockroach does have some kind of hold on him! 

 

Taking a deep breath again, this will be the last time he has any thing to say to the man he once thought was his whole world! He's already been informed Adam will be taken for processing after their chat, and then he will be off the prison hospital for an evaluation! The detective confirmed Adam confessed to the assault on his innocent kitten within half an hour of being in that room! 

 

Chanyeol wasn't happy with hearing that, it was almost too easy and doesn't want that bug to leave this station without he himself having the last word! He may not be going to fight fire with fire, but will be delivering some hard truths. He will be the one telling the cockroach he is finally going to be free of that control, that Baekhyun will have the life he could of had! Then in the best form of poetic justice he will be the one to tell Adam that he will be spending the rest of his life in a prison medical facility! Chanyeol can picture the unbelieving fury on Adam's face when he tells him the icing of the cake! That his life time stay will be in psychiatric ward back in the states as he's being deported within the month, hopefully a week if his own father has any thing to do with it! 

 

Chanyeol was surprised at first to see how Adam wasn't able to look him in eye, even when he was being frogged marched in to the station, Adam looked everywhere but at him. The Adam he knows wouldn't think twice to give him a smug smile, and add some kind of flamboyant swagger as he was bought in, putting on as much a show as he could to ensure all eyes were on him! It caught him off guard to see Adam so reserved, but only for a moment, as he realised just how much this is all some act! It truly made him feel almost nauseous to realise it was all an act, and not for the first time does he wish he didn't know this man intimately. That demure almost guilty look has not fooled him, Chanyeol is very much positive it's just some sick last minute attempt to save his skin. A skin that is beyond saving in his own eyes, and something he is glad to see Kris also sees. 

 

When Jongdae emailed him the news segment of Kris at the civil courts filing for divorce, he almost fell off his chair! Yes he's aware it's probably all down to Kris's father, Kris however can be a vain sod and wouldn't want his own image tarnished, it would also leave what was left  of his career in tatters! He found it poetic that for the first time the roles have reversed, Kris will now know what it feels like to have the world fall out from under him. Chanyeol could of been the bigger man and reached out to his former friend, given him an olive branch perhaps. One day they may have even treated each other as casual acquaintances! Instead he decided to cut out his former best friend for good and celebrated with Jongdae and Sehun that very night with one of his expensive highland whiskies, as his recovering fiancé slept in their bed!

 

Thinking of his innocent beautiful kitten makes his heart flutter, both in happiness and despair. Seeing Baekhyun look so fragile, so frightened with tears rolling down his cheeks three weeks ago, will  be an image that will remain with him for the rest of his life! When the doctor came back after all their families had left to take his still shaking kitten for some tests, took every inch of strength to not follow them! It was humbling and terrifying waiting in the family room for his precious kittens return! Chanyeol doesn't want to dwell on his kitten's stay in the hospital, mainly because it's all a blur for both of them! Relief the main emotion as his beautiful kitten was incredibly lucky to not suffer any more injuries or require any surgery! 

 

Chanyeol shakes his head softly, his kitten will never be far from his thoughts, neither is their spring wedding or the sale of his penthouse! Right now though he wants to have this final conversation with Adam, a conversation that will be raw and final! Taking a final deep breath he opens the door and steps through it! The atmosphere changes the moment he steps over the fresh hold, it's not welcoming and just feels dark and depressing! He can't think about any thing else when he hears Adam's tired voice.

 

"Have you come to gloat!"

 

"I don't think I need too, your situation speaks for itself!"

 

The sharp intake of breath makes Chanyeol grin, he's already getting under Adam's skin, ing his expensive suit he comes around so that his ex fiancé can see all of him and has no choice but to look him in the eye as he takes the only other seat in this empty barren room. Chablis fully aware the barrenness is tactic so those accused only focus on the questions asked of them, so those asking the questions can truly profile those believed to be guilty!

 

"I've been told your passing fancy is making a full recovery!"

 

"That passing fancy is my fiancé and has a name, his name is Baekhyun! What ever you were hoping to achieve has failed spectacularly, my fiancé is still alive and by some sheer miracle is not traumatised!"

 

"He drove me to do that!"

 

There it is, Adam's usual way of placing blame on anything and anyone but himself! That statement makes him feels like a raging bull, so full of fire but knows if he strikes he will be no better then the man smirking back at him! 

 

"No Adam you driving your car into an innocent man is all on you! You could have had the world! You were on your way to having everything, a man who loved you, a career at the top when many your age are passed over for younger models."

 

"They passed me over because of your mother Chanyeol!

 

"No Adam your actions did that, many find cheating immoral yes you married Kris in the end, but people and companies have principles and you fell short!"

 

"Oh please spare me the life lesson!"

 

Chanyeol knows his chest is heaving, he's so beyond angry if he wasn't trying so hard not to give away any emotion he is positive he would be vibrating! He only get himself arrested if he tries to grab this cockroach just like he did his viper of a husband! He can't slam Adam back against a car a and force him to listen, nothing will get through to him he's beyond help! Chanyeol hates it but it does hurt to see Adam like this, those one intense clear eyes are wild but not wild for the right reason. His skin that used be as clear as his kittens is sallow and broken out! There is just nothing left of the man he loved once, all that left is a this dangerous and jealous man. Whom Chanyeol finally realises has completely succumbed to the demons that his mental health has created and is beyond saving.

 

Baekhyun has it spot on Adam may be cruel but what he did is so beyond reprehension that it can only mean one thing, Adam is suffering a breakdown! Something that doesn't make his actions any less vile, just more understandable not that it will save him from where he's headed! 

 

"What is it you come here for Chanyeol, did you want me to give you an apology!"

 

"I don't think your capable of that Adam, and truthfully I don't think you are sorry!"

 

"I'm not sorry, that boy is the cause of all my problems and now he's cost me my own husband and freedom! I'm only sorry i didn't finish him off!"

 

"I knew you would say that, I had hoped there would be a small piece of humanity left in you but the way you have behaved deserves to be punished!"

 

"I'm being punished Kris has abandoned me after promising to love me for the rest of our lives no thanks to his father! I will be behind bars for god knows how long for trying to do you a favour. That fancy is just after your money and doesn't love you!"

 

Chanyeol can feel his nostrils flaring, this was a colossal waste of time, he has no idea what he was trying to accomplish here! Aside from being the one deliver the news about just where this foul evil cockroach is heading any other attempt to get this bug to see just what damage he has done  is a hopeless cause! Chanyeol is so very exhausted of this man's presence, all he wants is to go home via the cafe paradise to get matcha croissants to share with his kitten and start discussing colour themes for their spring wedding! With the thoughts of his Kitten waiting for him at home with a smile on his face just for him, he makes a decision to finally squash this cockroach and he's knows just what to say!"

 

"It's not just Kris's father that pushed him to file for divorce, he filed for divorce because he doesn't want to be caught in the crossroads! He may love you but he loves himself more!"

 

"Your just bitter I left you for someone better!"

 

"For a while I didn't understand why, as I gave you everything including my love but now I understand!  What you and I had was nothing compared to what I now have with Baekhyun."

 

"I will put money on you not lasting, Baekhyun is everything I am not! He won't know how to handle you especially being deaf!

 

"My fiancé is everything you aren't, everything I'm not and I can't wait for our love to blossom and grow! And do you know what you will get to watch it all unfold from a cage!"

 

"One I won't be in for long, I didn't kill him so I won't be put away for life!"

 

Chanyeol slams his hands on the table he's heard enough, he doesn't care that his decorum has slipped as he gets to his feet! Time to use all those intimidating moves he normally keeps for the boardroom and court room! 

 

"Oh Adam you truly are delusional, you may not of killed my fiancé but your actions have highlighted just how unhinged you are! Your cage will be life long and the true icing of the cake is that your cage will be the other side of the world! You Adam are being deported and if my father has his way,  you will be on a plane back to America by the end of the week and it will not be first class!"

 

With one final up and down of the man handcuffed to the table, Chanyeol gives Adam maybe another 30 seconds for the words he said to sink in!  Instead of waiting for a response he heads out of the door he came through, as the man he one thought he would marry starts to scream profanity at his back! The erratic scraping of those handcuffs against the metal of the table music to his ears! Those high pitched screams calling out his own name amongst words he will never repeat are liberating as is seeing that cockroach in chains. Buttoning up his suit jacket he holds his head high as the police officers close by listen to the commotion behind him! Chanyeol however drowns out the sweating and clear threats he can here and keeps waking. An altogether different set of emotions filling his bones when he thinks of whom is waiting for him at home!

 

Hello my lovelies 

 

How was that, Adam is finally paying for his crimes 😈

I hope you all like this, i honestly can not say how much I value all of your support. It's truly been inspiring!

Yes I know this is short, it was always going to be short but intense and I truly hope I have delivered

Now all that's left if the end of this story, I won't give to much more away aside from saying it's probably only going to two more updates!

As always let me know what you think 

Stay tuned next story update will be Children of the Moon 

✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨✨