Let's go back to Momo.

Where is Hirai Momo?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
I don't know why I wrote this chapter this way but I am too lazy to change this so whatever. Guess I wrote the explanation of Momo's story too long since I want Mina to understand her more??? Yeah, maybe because of this reason...

 

***

Guess Mina was too excited to comeback in Korea. She’s even too early for her normal in time for work.

Jihyo and Nayeon bowed to her as soon as she enters the company. Ready to tell her everything about work she missed for a week.

 

“Good morning, Ms. Myoui.” Jihyo greeted, trying to be formal of course.

“Good morning.” Mina greeted back, and smile just won’t be taken away from her.

“This is your schedule for today, Ms. Myoui.” Jihyo casually gave Mina her work tablet which Mina took to study.

Mina smiles in victory while giving back the tablet. “Seems like I don’t have tight schedule today.”

“We canceled some and reschedule it because we know you might be still tired from your long flight Nothing is much more important than your health Director.” Nayeon was the one to informed her now.

“Good.” They entered the elevator. “Now give me the result about the recent activities of our employees. I heard they did well.”

“Regarding to that…” Jihyo gestured Nayeon, which Nayeon already gets. Nayeon opened a folder for Mina and made Mina to look at it.

“We’re receiving good feedbacks as soon as the article of us and YGe’s partnership for this event came out. As you can see, our stocks increased by 10% since the donation made by our employees. They manage to snatch the 10 million won on winning almost of the bet games and then we add another 10 million won like you ordered us.”

 

Mina smirked proudly while nodding her head. She crossed her arms through her chest and gestures Nayeon to close the folder already, head straight the way as the elevator opened.

They walk through the hallway with staffs bowing and greeting them.

And Mina just shocks everyone by her greeting back to them. Mina never done that. Well, Mina is really in a good mood today. We all know why right?

They entered their office. All of course stands from their seat to greet Mina. Mina smiled, gesturing them to sit comfortably again.

Mina took the center spot to give some encouraging words.

“I heard your good job. I hope everyone enjoyed that week vacation. Let’s continue this. Let’s us work well all together and show the teamwork of this department. Fighting!”

“FIGHTING!” All shouted clapping to it.

 

Mina then made her way to her main office. She didn’t miss to look at Momo’s empty desk of course. Mina chuckled, thinking that Momo must be running late again today.

 

As soon as they entered Mina’s office, Jihyo seated on the couch and opens her laptop with Mina of course sitting on her work desk. Nayeon on the other hand organized many files on Mina’s desk that will be needed her some review and sign.

Mina waited for Nayeon to be finished but Nayeon felt a little creep on her boss staring at her differently.

“W-Why Director?” She couldn’t help it but asked after she finished doing her job.

Mina smirked at her, shoulders shrugging, elbow then leans on the desk and put her chin on the back of her hands but eyes were never taken off from her assistant. That just made Nayeon more afraid.

“I just wanted to say thank you to you.”

“Eh? W-Why?” Nayeon smiled awkwardly.

“Thank you for keeping my cousin busy.” Nayeon almost got choke by that, eyes shifted away from Mina.

“You didn’t know how much that helped me.” Mina stated, as she’s sure if not for Nayeon, Jeongyeon has probably approaches Momo and do something stupid.

And there Nayeon didn’t actually know what to say, but since her boss seems to be looking for her response, she gulped…

“T-That’s nothing, Ms. Myoui.”

Mina smiled so wide…

“I hope you’ll continue to have a good relationship with her. She’s a little bit lonely so she’s keeping her eyes on me. But these days, she’s not even taking attention to me anymore. Take care of Jeongyeon Unnie for me, hmn?”

There’s nothing Nayeon can do but only shyly nod as a response.

“Good. Now you may go back to your office. I’ll call you when I needed you.”

By that cue Nayeon immediately leave. Now there is only her and Jihyo on her office.

 

Mina was going to start her work when she noticed Jihyo not intending to do nor to say anything. Jihyo was just typing on her laptop silently. Keeping herself busy...

Jihyo felt Mina’s stares of course, but she ignored it. Instead,

“I emailed you some of new projects inline.” Mina take a look at her already opened computer and saw the notification of Jihyo’s email.

“We need your initial reviews immediately to be able to keep up with the deadline. I’ll got more to do on the other division so I’ll get going for a while. I’ll come back to monitor you of course, please… Just please focus on your work while I'm away Ms. Myoui.”

Mina watched Jihyo going, tilting her head in confused.

“Aren’t you going to congratulate me?” Mina stops Jihyo going by that.

Jihyo turned her head on Mina, smiling slightly but Mina felt like it’s actually weird for Jihyo….

“Congrats then.” Jihyo answered short and carry on from walking out.

“Eh?” Mina swear something is wrong with Jihyo.

“Come to think of it she never replied to my messages. Didn’t she should be happy and bombarding me with questions about on what actually had happened between me and Momo?” Mina continuously wondered, but then-

“Well, I forgot she’s Momo’s close friend. Momo might be already told her everything.” Mina brushed it aside and just focused on her work.

 

An hour later….

 

“AH! She should be here by now.” Mina muttered excitedly while looking at her phone to check on the time.

Mina reached the telephone on her side and called her assistant.

“Yes Director? Is there something I can do for you?” Nayeon asked her…

Mina then put the phone on hold, clearing and gulped a big one. She doesn’t want to sound so excited. She put the phone on her ears again.

“Where is Hirai Momo? Please tell her to come at my office, now.” She commanded her assistant but only gain nothing in response for a while.

Mina halfway opened trying to tell something but-

“I’m sorry to disappoint you but she’s absent today Director.”

“EH!?” Mina never felt so disappointed like this before. “WHAT DO YOU MEAN SHE’S ABSENT TODAY?” She raised her voice. She doesn’t care if she will sound so desperate now.

“Y-Yes Ms. Myoui. J-Just wait for a second. She sent me an excuse earlier.”

‘Even after knowing I’m coming back today? We still never got to talk about us and she dares to leave me hanging like this?” She mentally rants, really couldn’t believe the person she thought was just late will actually be absent today out of all days.

“She written an excuse saying she was sick Ms. Myoui.”

“S-Sick?” Mina worriedly stands up from her seat.

“Ms. Hirai don’t take an absent for this reason so I bet it’s serious so I allowed her, Director.”

That just made Mina more worried of Momo. Mina’s right hand made its way to , biting her thumb nail as usual.

“Okay. Thank you.” Mina put back down the telephone, seating back while sighing deeply.

 

“I need to calm down. Even though I want to come to her now, I still need to finish all this work. I don’t want Jihyo to scold me since she’s different today.” Mina tried to convinced herself, but her eyes were teary already on the thought Momo must be struggling alone on her house.

“Momoring wait for me, hmn?” She said sniffing while trying to get back her hand through her laptop.

“I’ll finish this quickly.” She announces but then heard someone’s knocking on her door.

She immediately fixes herself, wiping her slightly teary eyes.

 

“Come in.”

Mina raises her brows, seeing Jihyo’s girlfriend from the door.

“Ms. Hirai leave this for me. She told me to make sure to give this to you when you came back.”

Mina smiled in secret…

‘What could it be?’ Suddenly became so excited again…

“This is her new marketing plan for Straykids who just got transferred to our division.”

Mina mentally scoffs, this just got added on her disappointment for today.

“She said she hope you’ll take a look at this so she can finalize everything later on.” Sana handed it to Mina, which Mina hesitantly accepts.

“Thank you.” She muttered without any strength…

 

Sana was going to go, but Mina thought maybe she ask Jihyo’s girlfriend.

 

“Is there’s something wrong between you and Jihyo?”

Sana immediately reacted to that…

“How-”

“Jihyo got a slipped of tongue.” Mina shortly explains, on how she already knew about their relationship.

Sana shaken she thoughts, trying to hide her emotion on her blank expression.

“We never talked actually. She’s too busy with her work so we can't communicate these days. Why? Has she said something to you?” Sana casually replied, but been biting hard her own cheeks inside.

Mina clicks her tongue, still wondering about Jihyo…

“Nothing. She’s just acting unusual. It’s like she’s trying to focused herself on her work differently eager than before. She’s too…” Mina hissed, trying to get the right word. “How do I say this? It’s like she has some goal now. It’s also seems like she’s rushing on everything-”

“She’s always been like that.” Sana looks away from Mina. She doesn’t actually want to talk about Jihyo but- “She always have her goal. You just distracted her for a while. Coz you’re being too unfocused on your work this past few months.” Mina didn’t know what she should feel about this…

She felt guilty, but also irritated at Sana’s words at the same time. But more importantly disturbed at Sana's serious and determined face right now.

“Her goal… Is to make this company number one. No matter what, or on by any means. She needs to be number one. That’s why she’s taking care of you even with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter