12. Who are you?

Lords of the Underworld
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Who are you?

  

Hoshi burst through the door, nearly ripping the wood from its hinges. 

 

All of the Immortals spun his way, facing him. 

 

“What’s going on?” Minghao demanded. Realizing the unfamiliar figure beside Hoshi, Minghao’s jaw gaped. Shock settled over his features. “What is a woman doing in this house?”

 

Hearing the commotion, Mingyu and the rest raced into the foyer, their features taut. When they spotted Hoshi, they relaxed. 

 

“Finally,” Mingyu said, clearly relieved that his friend had returned without blood covering his entire body. 

 

But he, too, spotted Kang Haneul. 

 

He grinned. 

 

“Sweet! A present? For me?” Hoshi bared his teeth almost instantly, hissing towards the younger. Mingyu ignored Hoshi and took a step forward. 

 

Promiscuity was apparently in action and Promiscuity liked what it saw.

 

As Mingyu moved towards Haneul, she flinched and took a step back. 

 

“Relax. You have nothing to fear from me, gorgeous,” Mingyu assured, brushing his shoulder against the human. He raised his hand to scan Haneul’s features, but was quickly slapped away. 

 

“Ouch. Women do not hit me. Women love me,” Mingyu said through clenched teeth. 

 

“Mingyu, stop,” Seokmin tried to keep his friend from embarrassing himself. Mingyu snickered and rolled his eyes. He left Haneul and walked to the middle of the room, taking a seat with a frown.

 

“I want to know who she is and I want to know why you, Hoshi hyung, brought her here. You know the rules,” Minghao told Hoshi with daring eyes. 

 

“She must’ve been one of the humans lurking in the forest, but that still doesn’t explain why he brought her into our midst,” Hansol added. Hoshi turned his head and glared at Haneul who just glared back at him in return. 

 

“Human,” Hoshi muffled. “You should not be here,” he added and grabbed her tiny wrist. Haneul pulled away, spun, and stepped backwards, falling into Minghao’s arms. 

 

Everyone gasped and waited for Destruction; they waited for Haneul to shatter into pieces for Minghao had removed his only protection from his hands prior to the sudden appearance of Kang Haneul.

 

“What the-” everyone mumbled and stared at Minghao and the human in his embrace. 

 

Minghao blinked down at Haneul, his mouth wide open. 

 

Haneul, startled by the impact, had her eyes shut. 

 

When she opened them, she saw Minghao; his eyes flashed from a brown color to red. 

 

Haneul gulped and stood up abruptly, stepping away from Minghao and Destruction. 

 

“Human...” the Immortals mumbled in unison. 

 

Haneul straightened and looked up to meet eyes the same as Minghao’s flashed before her. She gulped nervously and blinked at the men who stood in front of her, crimson red eyes blazing in their pupils. 

 

“She’s still here...” Hansol whispered to Seungkwan. 

 

Seungkwan nodded, “She should be dead by now. Dead by his touch and destroyed to pieces,” Seungkwan added and stared at the human in the foyer with curiosity.

 

"Is there something on my face?" were the first words spoken since Haneul entered the Immortals’ safe haven. 

 

The Immortals glanced at each other and then turned to stare at Haneul. 

 

Haneul shifted in place uncomfortably, exchanging looks with the beings before her. 

 

"What?" she questioned calmly. 

 

When Haneul opened to speak again, the Immortals jumped and took large steps back from where they were standing; some disappearing by Haneul's side to the other. 

 

Haneul stared at the Immortals and raised a brow, “Do I have some sort of disease or something?” she wondered and scanned the room. 

 

Seokmin’s eyes widened and he glared at her suspiciously as did the other Immortals.

 

Precisely because Seokmin is Disease himself. He wasn’t sure if he should've been offended or not, but the demon in him did not speak.

 

Strange.

 

The Immortals looked at her with skeptical eyes, concentrating on Haneul's facial features and thin, short figure.

 

‘She’s a demon!’ the demons inside the Immortals suddenly shouted in fear. ‘She’s a demon, waiting for you. A hidden demon inside another, waiting to seek you’ 

 

The demons continued to taunt the Immortals, their eyes flashing quickly to its brightest red. 

 

A few began to seem convinced that Kang Haneul was a demon inside a human’s body; another type of demon that could never coexist with the demons the Immortals carried. 

 

The demons from within grew anxious and began their manipulations. 

 

‘Demon Seeker! Attack her before she kills us all!’

 

Haneul bit her lips and stepped backwards, suddenly feeling a strange tension from the Immortals that stood before her. 

 

She took a few mor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter