15. Savior

Lords of the Underworld
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Savior 

 

“Why is she acting that way?” Mingyu nudged Seokmin on the arm while staring at the human sitting next to Hoshi on his bed. 

 

Seokmin shrugged, “I am curious as much as you are,” he replied. 

 

They had been closely watching over Haneul as she refused to leave Hoshi’s side. She had cried through the entire night, mumbling words to Hoshi they could not hear.

 

Haneul stared down at the lifeless Immortal and wondered how it was possible for him to lose his life in his own friend’s hands. She had no idea why she was sitting there, guarding over Hoshi’s dead body. 

 

At some point in time, Hoshi reminded her of her older brother. He reminded her of Kang Hanbit and that was all of the reasons she needed. 

 

As she stared down at Hoshi, she reminisced yesterday evening when they met. 

 

Their encounter amused her and she had to admit she had a liking to the mysterious man, now laying pale and lifeless on his bed.

 

“Want to bet 10 that she will freak out when Hoshi hyung wakes up?” Mingyu urged Seokmin and smirked. Seokmin rolled his eyes, “No,” he deadpanned and leaned against the doorframe. 

 

“I’ll bet 35,” Seungkwan’s voice echoed from behind the roommates. Mingyu and Seokmin spun around and stared at Seungkwan. 

 

Seungkwan made his way between the roommates, walking past them. He turned around and winked at the Immortals, knowing for sure the human would freak out very soon. 

 

The roommates stared at Seungkwan and rolled their eyes in return, “Showoff,” Mingyu scoffed.

 

“Hey,” Seungkwan’s voice made Haneul look up from Hoshi to him. “Are you going to sit here forever?” he asked with an annoyed tone. Haneul glared at Seungkwan and eventually ignored the unkind Immortal. 

 

Seungkwan snickered, “The sun is up and it is time we take you home,” he muttered, stepping closer to Haneul. She ignored him again. 

 

‘She’s playing games with you all right’ Deceit mocked. 

 

“Shutup,” Seungkwan said aloud, irritated that someone dared to ignore him. “If you don’t get up right now, I will have to force you, and that, my Human, won't be too pretty so I say,” Seungkwan told Haneul clearly, hinting to her that he wasn’t messing around. 

 

Haneul turned her head and eyed Seungkwan then she looked back at Hoshi lying lifeless on the bed. She stared at Hoshi for a brief moment until she stood up. 

 

She walked over to Seungkwan and stared into the Immortal’s eyes. 

 

There, she saw a quick flash of light, one that she had seen before, no, many times before. 

 

“Where is your friend?” Haneul asked Seungkwan. 

 

Seungkwan arched a brow, “Who?”  he wondered. 

 

“Joshua,” the human said. 

 

“Why are you looking for him?” Seungkwan stared at Haneul curiously, wondering what she was up to. 

 

“Where is he?” Haneul implied a little firmer this time. 

 

“Answer me first,” Seungkwan stubbornly argued. 

 

Haneul took a deep breath, trying to stay calm. “I want to know where he is so that before the cops get here, he’ll be very well prepared.” 

 

The Immortals standing by the door, including Seungkwan, began hissing and glared at Haneul. 

 

“Cops?” Seungkwan mumbled. 

 

Haneul nodded, “He killed someone,” she stated clearly.

 

The two Immortals by the door flashed in front of Haneul in mere seconds and grabbed her arms. Mingyu shoved her down onto the end of Hoshi’s bed and tightened his grasp. 

 

Seokmin glared at Haneul and emphasized clearly, “We do not like cops. You might as well tell us you are a Seeker in disguise.” Seokmin snarled loudly and pinned Haneul’s arms above her head. 

 

Haneul grunted in pain and that was when Joshua felt it.

 

Something-someone-triggered his mind, body, and empty heart. 

 

He rushed out from his room and ran straight across the hall into Hoshi’s bedroom. He saw Haneul struggling against the two mischievous Immortals and he quickly took action. He sent Mingyu and Seokmin flying across Hoshi’s room, collapsing with his bookshelves and television. 

 

Joshua ran towards Haneul and stood in front of her protectively. He glared at his friends, hissing loudly, “What are you doing?” he asked the Immortals on the floor. 

 

Haneul looked up at Joshua and tried to hold back her fear. 

 

She was afraid. 

 

Afraid that he would kill her too. 

 

The look in Joshua’s eyes as he turned around had Haneul reconsider for a second before she realized the person standing in front of her had killed the man laying on the bed, chained and grunting.

 

Grunting? 

 

Haneul spun her head around and stared down at Hoshi. Her eyes widened and she gasped loudly. 

 

Haneul’s knees weakened and she stumbled down to t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter