14. Murderer

Lords of the Underworld
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Author's Note; One question for you, which Immortal do you like best so far based on their attributes? ≧◡≦ Leave it down in the comments below lovelies! Enjoy!

  

Murderer

  

It took two tall Immortals to get Haneul off of Hoshi. 

 

She resisted and she resisted pretty good. She was strong and that had surprised everyone.
 

Mingyu and Wonwoo had to pin her arms behind her back before she stopped threatening Hoshi’s balls out loud. 

 

Hansol and Seongcheol had pushed Hoshi behind them, protecting him from the ferocious human being, none in which they had seen before. 

 

But Haneul refused to back down. She glared back at the two tall Immortals while the rest stood around watching the entire scene with amusement. 

 

The tall Immortals released her arms and stepped back momentarily, careful not to get attacked by the insane human.

 

Joshua, who was always engulfed in Pain, laughed. 

 

And it was a laugh none of the Immortals had heard of ever since they were damned with the demons they had now. 

 

And that, that was a very, very long time ago.

 

Joshua cleared his throat and smiled, walking over to Haneul. 

 

He stood behind her and said, “Hello, Miss Haneul,” he greeted. Haneul spun around, almost hitting Joshua with her body if he hadn’t stepped away from her in time. 

 

He grinned, “May I apologize for my friends’ insincerity?” Mingyu and Wonwoo’s eyes widened, mentally cursing Joshua as they were dubbed ‘insincere’. 

 

Haneul eyed Joshua carefully, but kept her silence. 

 

Joshua smiled, “My name is Hong Jisoo, but I go by the name Joshua around here. And these are all of my friends. We live under one roof. I suppose you are very curious about us?” Joshua chuckled, the second time he uttered anything besides his sorrowful cries every morning in the restroom. 

 

Haneul stared at Joshua curiously and proceeded to step forward. She stepped as much as she could until she was an inch away from falling onto him.

 

Joshua’s eyes widened as the human approached him. To his own wonder, she did not mind the distance at all. 

 

Any human would know better than to keep their distance away from him. It was the same for all the Immortals present in the room, but this woman, this human, was not scared at all. 

 

Neither was she keeping her distance.

 

Curious. She was very well curious.

 

Joshua tried to back away, hoping that Haneul didn’t touch any part of his body as she inched closer and closer. She squinted her eyes and lifted her chin as if Joshua had considered her inferior than he was. 

 

She tiptoed just a bit and inches further until she placed both hands on Joshua’s shoulders. 

 

Everyone gasped waiting for her doom. 

 

They waited for her to begin crying, yelling, weeping, and screaming of how much pain she would be in. 

 

But Haneul just kept her eyes on Joshua. She uttered no sound of pain, but instead she grinned and stepped back. 

 

“How old are you?” she questioned Joshua as she crossed her arms. 

 

“P-P-Pardon?” Joshua replied, stuttering uncontrollably. There was no denial in the pink that was brushing against his cheeks. 

 

Joshua was acting strange and it was all because of the human before him. He had no idea why and neither did any of his fellow friends. 

 

“You don’t seem any more than...20? 22? You like me, don’t you?” she muffled with a smile. The Immortals blinked curiously at her and then glanced at Joshua. 

 

Everyone tried to suppress their laughter as Joshua shook his head in reply to Haneul’s daring question. 

 

Joshua smiled, “I am much older than you think, Miss Haneul.”

 

“You choose your words very wisely,” Haneul replied with a grin. She seemed satisfied and Joshua somehow, somewhat, felt comfortable. 

 

He felt a little...can we say happiness? 

 

Joshua waited for Pain to mock him, to , to spur hurtful words at him, but there was nothing, just complete silence. 

 

The inner demon was gone. 

 

Just exactly why and how, Joshua did not know. 

 

He pretty much liked the state he was in and he felt happy about the encounter with the human in front of him.

 

Haneul turned her head from Joshua to the rest of the Immortals in the room. 

 

“I must first apologize for trespassing your home. I did not mean too, but the beautiful warrior I had attacked permitted my curiosity. I figured I would find someone in this house who could help me. I have come to find a few answers, answers that lay below this hill. If any of you could help, that would be great,” Haneul politely told the Immortals, trying to speak in polite language as much as possible. 

 

The Immortals stared at Haneul, her change of tone scared them a little. She was speaking too formally, a very strange turn of events from earlier.

 

One Immortal, Hoshi to be exact, turned around and walked out of the bedroom, followed by the rest, except for Joshua. 

 

Haneul’s jaw dropped as she had been ignored by not one, not three, not even seven, but twelve men. She couldn’t believe it. 

 

“Come,” Joshua said and led the way out. 

 

Haneul hesitated to follow, but the urging smile Joshua was giving her couldn’t keep her in Hoshi’s room for long. 

 

Haneul chose to follow Joshua down the stairs until they reached the bottom. She stopped and stood at the bottom of the stairs, looking down at the Immortals as they looked back up at her. 

 

“Miss Haneul,” Minghao interrupted the awkward silence. Haneul turned her head and looked at the Immortal  who had just spoken. He bowed and stared at her, “My name is Minghao. I would like to ask what you are specifically here for? Why were you in the forest?” 

 

Haneul wasn’t sure if she should rely on the 13 Immortals to help answer her questions about her twin’s mysterious death. 

 

What if she fell for their trap instead? 

 

What if they were the ones who had murdered her precious brother? 

 

Sure they all look...very well fine...but that doesn't mean she should be careless. She had to protect herself first and then decide whether or not they were all trustworthy.

 

But she really had no choice. 

 

After searching around for days, she realized the forest was hidden far from the city. No one lived there until she discovered the Immortals’ safe haven early in the evening all thanks to Hoshi.

 

Haneul stared down at the floor and shifted sideways. She thought for a few seconds and then looked up. She stared at Minghao, “I ran into the forest after being chased by a few strange people,” she lied. 

 

Sure, she really wanted to know if these 13 Immortals before her knew anything about the murder, but before she could make sure they were reliable and deemed safe, she was going with another plan. 

 

She’ll just have to slowly find out the truth herself. 

 

She could tell there was something hidden behind those 13 eyes she so casually seen ever since she had entered their home. 

 

“Who?” Minghao asked in reply. 

 

“I don’t know. I was chased here and I tried to look for help. That's when I realized he was in the forest as well,” Haneul said and pointed at Hoshi who rolled his eyes and scoffed loudly. Haneul made an irritated face in return and ignored him.

 

“Is that so?” Minghao asked. 

 

Haneul nodded. “If you lie Human, we will hang you on a tree,” Hoshi threatened. 

 

Haneul turned her head and shot Hoshi a death glare; one that scared the living

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter