13. Kang Haneul

Lords of the Underworld
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kang Haneul

 

Haneul knew she wasn’t in her right mind. She really wasn’t. 

 

She had that vision again. This time, it all seemed so real.

 

The sight of the 13 dark figures standing before her, dark crimson red eyes glistening under the moonlight, glared at her as she stood across from them. 

 

They looked familiar, but she could not comprehend it at that moment. 

 

When they disappeared, she saw that where they just stood, a lone figure replaced them. 

 

There, and then, stood her very twin brother. 

 

Kang Hanbit.

 

He was still smiling. It was all he could show her. 

 

Haneul’s vision suddenly blurred and the exact same vision she had seen when she visited the dead Kang Hanbit at the Institute, flashed before her.

 

She saw a bright flash of light and then the 13 dark figures reappeared, reflecting against time as the clock ticked to a rhythm. 

 

From above them, she saw her twin. 

 

His smile slowly faded, replaced only with a very cold gaze. 

 

Hanbit’s silhouette was no longer visible. In his stead, were the 13 figures. This time, they were the ones who smiled at her.

 

But just as their smiles appeared, it quickly replaced with the very same cold gaze Hanbit had given her.

 

Slowly, Haneul saw the 13 figures smirking. 

 

Then they laughed. 

 

It was a laugh she had never heard before. Their laugh rang in her ears, the kind of laughter that was pure evil. 

 

It was laughter like that of a devil.

 

“Human,” Haneul had heard someone calling. She heard the voice so near as if it was calling for her to return. 

 

Just as she shot her eyes wide open, she saw the Immortal standing over her. She took him by the neck and glared into his eyes. 

 

“Did you kill my brother?” were the words she had muffled as she cradled Hoshi’s neck, her nails clawed into his flesh. 

 

Before Hoshi could answer, Haneul saw a quick flash in his eyes. 

 

The eyes she had seen before and now knew what they hindered. 

 

She let loose of Hoshi’s neck and asked, “Who and what the hell are all of you?”

 

Hoshi didn’t mind staring at Haneul’s lovely hazel eyes. 

 

As those words parted from her lips, he couldn’t help, but felt a surge of anger inside of his body. 

 

He heard his inner demon chuckled and then it signaled to him that Violence was back. 

 

‘She got you good. Should’ve seen the look on your face!’ Violence echoed in Hoshi’s mind. 

 

His hands turned into fists as he backed away from Haneul. He spun around and let his back do all of the talking.

 

“Hey, I asked, who are you? Are you not going to answer me?” Haneul asked as she sat up. “And by the way, why am I in someone’s bed? This is against my pride to be in a man’s bed without my consent.” Hoshi’s fists tightened as he quietly took a step forward, away from the proclaimed human. 

 

Haneul arched a brow and crossed her arms. She waited for him to answer, but he kept stepping further away from her. 

 

“Hey!” she bellowed as Hoshi made it to the door. Haneul’s eyes rounded, hopping off the bed as fast as she could, but it was too damn late. 

 

The door shut in Haneul’s face, almost crushing it if she hadn't stopped in the nick of time. She tugged on the doorknob, hoping and praying that it was unlocked. 

 

Her jaw dropped upon realizing that it was indeed, fully locked. 

 

She banged her fists on the door, “Hey! Why are you locking me in here?! Hey! Get me out!” she roared as Hoshi walked downstairs.

 

Hoshi calmly walked into the living room where curious eyes met his own. 

 

“What?” he wondered as the rest of the Immortals stared at him. 

 

Chan squinted his eyes and grinned, “What did you dooo~ up there?” he teased and winked at the older Immortal. 

 

Chan went flying across the living room just as the last word came out of his mouth. He grunted and stood on his feet again, teleporting next to the Immortal who sent him flying. 

 

“Cut it out you two,” Joshua’s voice stopped Chan before he could do anything to Hoshi. Chan knew to step down or he would just regret it later and join Hoshi in his midnight crisis. 

 

Chan eye-rolled Hoshi before stepping back.

 

“Hoshi hyung,” Seokmin called his name. Hoshi turned his head and looked at the younger. “How did you know she was still alive?” Seokmin asked curiously, raising a curious brow. 

 

“I think the question would be, how the hell is she still alive?” Mingyu remarked. 

 

“She was never dead,” Minghao corrected. 

 

Heads spun to stare at him and he had no choice, but to begin explaining what he had witnessed that the others did not. 

 

“Hyung, yes, killed her, but almost. Before he could kill her, that is, he was forced to let go. Why? That I am not sure.”

 

“That human touched you, Minghao,” Jihoon pointed out. “But she is still alive. She’s still yelling up there,” he poin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter