20. Meeting

Lords of the Underworld
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Meeting

 

The Lords of the Underworld.

 

Immortal beings who were cursed with the very sinful demons of the universe.

 

Respected Warriors in the past, but now part Demon, could not comprehend a single word the human sitting in Jun’s room had spoken about. 

 

Raising a brow, Seungkwan said, “We do not need any protection, Human. Who do you think we are? That is a disgr-” 

 

Before Seungkwan could finish his words, Joshua had chanted a spell to shut Seungkwan’s mouth. The younger Immortal tried to speak, but nothing came out. 

 

He was temporarily muted.

 

Haneul couldn’t help, but laugh at Seungkwan. She turned to look at Joshua and gave him a nod of thanks. He had understood her and she was grateful that there was at least one Immortal who had the same thoughts.

 

Joshua bowed politely, “Anytime, Miss Haneul,” he said and grinned widely.

 

Haneul chuckled, “You can call me Haneul, you know?” 

 

Joshua just smiled and stood there in silence. Haneul just shook her head and started to explain, addressing all of the Immortals in Jun’s room. 

 

“We met under unforeseen circumstances so I think we should start over.” 

 

The Immortals just looked at Haneul and respectfully waited for her to continue. Seungkwan, on the other hand, was pouting for not being able to speak.

 

“Hello everyone. My name is Kang Haneul. Not Human,” she said, getting up from Jun’s bed. She giggled at the thought of some Immortals still thinking her name was Human.

 

She thought she was getting used to being called “Human”, but for them to coexist with one another, Haneul needed to make sure the Immortals knew her name and who she was.

 

Hoshi stepped forward and bowed apologetically, “I’m sorry I kept calling you Human. It’s just...we’ve never encountered a real human before...let alone interact with them as much as we’ve had to get to know their name.” Haneul nodded understandingly and shot Hoshi a small smile. 

 

Hoshi returned the smile and then introduced himself, “It’s my pleasure to finally greet you properly, Haneul. My real name is Kwon Soonyoung, but everyone calls me Hoshi.” Haneul bowed and gestured that she understood. “Since you know who we really are, then I must tell you that my demon is Violence,” Hoshi added afterwards.

 

“Well, that explains how violent you were yesterday!” Haneul remarked. This time, Hoshi just laughed. He laughed at her remark and just shook his head at Haneul.

 

There was nothing about Haneul’s remark that angered him.

 

Hoshi was at peace and that was the greatest gift in a very, very, very long time. 

 

Wonwoo decided to step forward. He grinned at Haneul and said, “I never told you my name. I’m Jeon Wonwoo and my demon is Apathy.”

 

Haneul raised a brow, “Apathy? Are you sure?” she questioned.

 

Wonwoo looked at her curiously, “Pardon?”

 

“Wonwoo...you saved me from those Seekers. Apathy is when you don’t care...but you cared enough to save me…even risking your own life…” Haneul mumbled under her breath.

 

Wonwoo chuckled, “Strange isn’t it?” Haneul nodded. “Well, we haven’t told you that whenever you’re around, our demons actually disappear.”

 

Shocked, Haneul’s eyes widened. “Really?” she questioned. She wasn’t sure if Wonwoo was teasing her or not.

 

“Yes, Miss Haneul,” Minghao and Joshua said in unison. 

 

“It’s strange...” Wonwoo mumbled. “We’re not sure how and why, but as we get to know each other, I am sure we will find all the answers we are looking for.” Wonwoo shot Haneul a big grin and she chuckled.

 

“So does that mean you won’t erase my memories, right?”

 

Hoshi, having been the actual culprit who wanted her memories gone, lowered his head in shame. “Sorry...” he whispered. “At that time, we thought you were a danger to us.”

 

Haneul laughed out loud, “It doesn't matter anymore. I was just teasing you!” Hoshi pouted and then joined her in laughter. 

 

“Haneul, nice to meet you. My name is Lee Jihoon.” Jihoon’s sudden voice interrupted Hoshi and Haneul’s moment. Haneul turned to look at Jihoon who had just spoken. He was the shortest person standing in Jun’s room. She wondered how old he was until he spoke again, “I may be short, but I am older than you think,” Jihoon deadpanned. Jihoon’s words were as if he had seen those eyes in Haneul before, curious eyes that wondered if Jihoon was an adult or an actual teenager.

 

Haneul tried to hold in her laughter while Jihoon shot her a death glare from the other side of the room.

 

Suddenly, Haneul dropped to the floor and laughed so hard she burst into tears. 

 

“What the Jihoon!” Hoshi and Wonwoo roared. They knew exactly what he was doing. 

 

“She got on my nerves so I got into her mind,” Jihoon stated the obvious. Hoshi abruptly raised a hand and then Jihoon was sent flying across the room. 

 

Grunting, Jihoon stood up and threw Hoshi to the other side in return. 

 

“Stop it you two!” Seongcheol roared in irritation. 

 

It was only then did Hoshi and Jihoon stopped their fight and Haneul finally calmed down. 

 

“What the was that?!” Haneul cursed at one Immortal in particular. “Did you just compel me to almost die of laughter?!”

 

Jihoon smirked. 

 

Shrugging, he said, “You wanted to laugh, didn’t you? So I helped you. I am Treachery after all, Haneul.”

 

Haneul stood up from the floor. She glared at him intensely and wanted to rip Jihoon apart for what he had just done. 

 

But she knew better than to mess with an Immortal. 

 

Haneul clenched her fists tightly and the tears she had from laughter was threatening to form again, only this time out of anger. 

 

“Please understand some of us are still trying to comprehend the situation we are in,” Seokmin spoke. He smiled reassuringly and cleared his throat, turning Haneul’s attention towards him. He grinned widely at her and waved. 

 

“Hiiii,” he greeted cheerily. 

 

Haneul looked at Seokmin for a few seconds and then she smiled at him, “Hi there!” she enthusiastically greeted back. 

 

Seokmin grabbed Haneul’s face and created a pufferfish out of her. Seokmin laughed, “I’m Seokmin. Finally we meet!”

 

Haneul tried to say something in return, but was rendered useless because Seokmin still had his hands on her face. 

 

Seokmin finally realized why she couldn’t speak and released his hands from her face.

 

Rubbing her cheeks, Haneul said, “Yes...finally we meet...but can you be a little gentle next time?” Seokmin giggled and lightly flicked her forehead. Haneul pouted, but just giggled at the mischievous Immortal’s antics. 

 

Seokmin suddenly stares intensely into Haneul’s eyes and then pulls her in for a hug. His hug caused the rest of the Immortals to tense. 

 

Nonetheless, Seokmin received the hug in return when Haneul patted his back. 

 

Seokmin let go of Haneul and looked at her in silence. It was then that Haneul realized Seokmin’s hands were covered in black leather gloves.

 

Haneul reached for Seokmin’s hands, but he quickly retaliated.

 

“W-Why do you wear those gloves?” Haneul questioned. She hadn’t realized that Seokmin was already a few inches away from her. His expression had completely changed from his cheery self.

 

The Immortals watched as Haneul stepped closer to Seokmin who in return only stepped back every time she came towards him.

 

Seokmin’s insecurity had always been his imperfections. He always thrived to be perfect and wanted to be the best person people felt comfortable to be around.

 

But in the moment that he had introduced himself to Haneul, he had forgotten about that insecurity. 

 

He had forgotten that he was Disease in disguise.

 

With one touch, a simple human like Kang Haneul would die before him in a blink of an eye.

 

“Seokmin...what’s wrong? Did I do something?” Haneul asked, her voice barely above a whisper. Seokmin just stared at the only female in the room and lowered his gaze. 

 

“Maybe it’s best if you stay away from me,” Seokmin mumbled under his breath. 

 

His change of attitude shocked Haneul and she had to give him points for his new alter ego. 

 

Haneul looked at the Immortal and curiously wondered what had gotten into him all of a sudden. 

 

He was acting strange. 

 

“Why would I do that?” Haneul stated and Seokmin looked up immediately. “Now that we’re friends, I don’t think I can stay away from you,” Haneul added and sent a smile in Seokmin’s direction. 

 

Seokmin gulped nervously and was waiting for his demon to say otherwise. 

 

But due to Haneul’s presence, Disease was gone. 

 

It took Seokmin a few seconds to speak again, “My demon is called Disease and everything that I touch will die.”

 

Haneul looked at Seokmin for a while. Then she looked down at the pair of gloves that covered his hands. 

 

She finally understood. 

 

“So that’s why you’re acting weird,” she thought to herself. 

 

For a few seconds she thought Seokmin had renounced their friendship. A friendship that hadn’t even started. 

 

She would definitely regret that. 

 

Haneul slowly took the initiative to come

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter