07. Hansol and Seungkwan (Keeper of Pride and Deceit)

Lords of the Underworld
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Deceit & Pride.

 

Wonwoo, tucking in his knives and swords, looked up from packing. He stared at the walls and eyed the younger Immortals on the other side of the room. 

 

“Do you believe that we can do this?” Wonwoo wondered. 

 

“Sure we can,” Hansol said, but Wonwoo knew better than to believe him. 

 

“We’ve done this before, hyung,” Seungkwan added and smiled reassuringly.

 

Hansol, the keeper of Pride. 

 

Whenever there was a chance for a special mission, Hansol would be the first one to volunteer to leave the fortress. Hansol’s demon took great pride in itself and because of the demon, Hansol came to also have a lot of pride. 

 

Sometimes, it brought him arguments with the other Immortals, but in fact, his demon was the least dangerous out of all the others that have tormented the Immortals for thousands of years.

 

Unlike the other Immortals, Hansol actually enjoyed the demon inside of him. Pride wasn’t really dangerous per se, but when it does act, it really acts well.

 

Hansol slowly learned to cooperate with his inner demon over the years and because of their cooperation, the demon inside of Hansol tormented him less and less.

 

On the other hand, Seungkwan is the keeper of Deceit. He was the sole reason the Immortals came to their wretched fate, cursed with inner demons for eternity.

 

Seungkwan had always been playful, even before he became a cursed Immortal. 

 

Due to his playfulness, it had caused his friends to suffer for thousands of years and more to come. 

 

Seungkwan spoke less of his mischievousness and tried to control himself.

 

But that rendered useless because the demon inside of him is Deceit. Ironic, isn’t it?

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter