11. Are you a wolf?

Lords of the Underworld
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Are you a wolf?

 

As the Immortals’ pain lessened, another immense pain went through their heads.

 

They heard a voice, a woman’s voice. 

 

“I’m sorry,” the voice said. “I’m sorry it had to be this way. Please don’t hurt anyone. That is all I ask of you.” 

 

The Immortals’ screamed as the voice slowly slipped away. They blinked repeatedly and their crimson red, death-glaring eyes pierced one another. 

 

The Immortals’ demons’ shadows appeared before them. The entire house had turned dark and demonic; a house full of evils and sins.

 

The Immortals’ demons began tempting them. Everyone was in complete turmoil. 

 

Demons laughed and then began preying.
 

As if it wasn’t enough, the demons decided to control the Immortals with simple commands.

 

“Ah, stop it!” Chan and Jun screamed, but of no use. Gluttony and Death continued to devour them. 

 

Slowly, each Immortal separated from their home. 

 

Most separated to another part of the house while one was tempted to leave the safe haven.

 

The crimson red eyes sparkled in Hoshi, flashing like lightning as he ran through the entire forest. 

 

Nothing could stop him. 

 

No one could. 

 

His own demon could care less how many humans it could find to kill. His demon actually rather enjoyed Hoshi’s upcoming task for it had not killed in a long while. 

 

Hoshi ran through the tall trees and scanned the area for any human beings. 

 

Stopping short, he felt a strong cold breeze against his flesh. He turned his head swiftly, and there he saw, a small figure with their back towards him. 

 

His crimson red, glistening eyes wandered and he slurred a small animalistic growl. 

 

The small figure moved and Hoshi quickly hid. 

 

The figure turned around, her eyes scanning the bewitched forest.

 

Strands of light brown hair whipped in front of Haneul’s eyes. She hooked them behind her throbbing ears with a trembling hand. 

 

The strange aura alerted her just moments ago while she was searching the area where her twin brother had been murdered. 

 

She had sensed something was nearby.
 

Just before she turned around, she swore she had seen red eyes, glaring at her. 

 

As she stared into the distance, she felt the strong wind blowing casually with a rhythm. Nonetheless, she continued to examine the area. 

 

As she continued, whispering voices began echoing in her mind. It had been happening recently and Haneul had no idea how or why.

 

If she hadn’t been prepared for any of this, she would’ve gone completely insane. 

 

Due to the nature of her brother’s work, she was always kept up-to-date about the other unruly world...if there even was one.

 

Haneul stopped searching and looked up. 

 

Voices in many different languages cued her senses. They began to control her mind, began to convince her someone was watching her, and moreover, she stood in danger’s territory. 

 

Haneul spun around and eyed the tall tree.
 

She squinted her eyes, hoping something would alarm her before she was attacked, but nothing signaled to her dangerous. 

 

Haneul in a deep breath and concluded that it was just her imagination. She turned back around and continued her search, moving further inward.

 

Hoshi watched as the human stared at him. 

 

Though he was far from her, he saw those strange eyes as if they were only centimeters away. He noticed as the human turned around that she had a very strong demonic aura casted around her. 

 

He slurred an animalistic growl as he watched her every move.

 

As Haneul reached the end of her search with nothing as evidence, the voices in her head became louder and clearer. 

 

They were convincing her of something; voices that sounded like humans more than demons. 

 

Maybe it would help her in her quest. 

 

Or maybe not.

 

Have you heard of angels atop this hill?

물론이에요. 잘 들었습니다. (Of course. I am told.)

Se le puede esclavizar con la mirada. (They can enslave you with a glance.)

其中一人有翅膀,飞走时,月亮已经满了。(One of them has wings and flies when the moon is full.)

L'un marqué peut disparaître à volonté. (The scarred one can disappear at will.)

彼らは、年齢はありません。(They never age.)

Họ phải thiên thần. (They must be angels.)

Even their home is creepy like something straight out of a horror movie. Damn. Even the birds won’t go near it.

죽일까요? (Should we kill them?)

Tes-vous sûr de cela? (Are you sure about that?)

 

Haneul then realized what she was hearing were voices of the town’s people. 

 

Only, the voices in her head decided to translate it into different languages. She wasn’t sure what the hell was wrong with her or if she was going insane. 

 

Part of her decided that the conversation was very interesting and she should heed their advice instead. 

 

The Korean part though, the only part she actually understood, interested her the most, “Should we kill them?” 

 

Haneul smirked. 

 

Before she could grasp reality, she noticed something had flashed before her eyes, rendering her balance askew. She regained her stance and looked around in panic. 

 

Then, there, she saw a dark figure.

 

While she could still see his features, she could also see the shadow of someone-something-else. 

 

Crimson red, glowing eyes. Skeletal cheekbones. Sharp-as-daggers teeth. 

 

But the more the skeletal countenance stared at her, the less she could pretend it was an illusion.

 

He demanded in the next second, the words so guttural they were barely more than an animalistic growl, “Human, do you wish to die?” 

 

Haneul raised a brow and eyed the living being. 

 

She saw that his eyes were quickly flashing from hazel brown to that scary red. She bit her lips and held steady against the ground. 

 

“I do not, but rather, I am seeking the killer of someone,” she replied, her voice at ease just like herself.
 

Another animalistic growl escaped the figure before her. 

 

Hoshi bared his teeth and glared at Haneul. 

 

“Are you Seeker, Human?" Haneul blinked, but did not reply. "I wish to kill you,” he told her even if she wasn't one of the hunters out to eliminate him and his friends. 

 

The killer would be Violence because Hoshi was trying very har

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter