Ice

Inure ( Beomgyu X Yeonjun) TXT

 

The next day, Yeonjun was busy maintaining his business duties. He started at the early morning way before Beomgyu woke up. 

Beomgyu's eyes drifted toward the vase, the same one where he hid the needle.

 

'Will I ever need it?' He walked over toward the vase, his eyes looking inside to make sure it's still there. Sure enough it was, the paper envelope wrapped around it. 

His eyes wandered toward the dresser drawer again he was told to not open, his mind was curious as to why. 

He tried to open the drawer but it was no use, it required a key. The keyhole looked very small, he was almost tempted to look around. 

 

'Don't, you've already earned his trust." Beomgyu thinks to himself, he was startled by Yeonjun appearing at the doorway; he was staring at him. He had been watching his actions for the last twenty seconds.

 

"You okay? You look like you're thinking hard over there." Yeonjun ran his fingers through his hair.

"I'm fine, I'm just tired."

Yeonjun's eyes waved over him with suspicion, "Are you looking for something?" 

 

"I thought I saw something shining, I guess it was the vase." He lied pointing toward the shiny paint.

"I think you should go wash your eyes out." 

 

-

 

Beomgyu washed his face off with cold water from the black color sink. It was a unique setup, the kind of sink with a huge bowl at the base. 

It looked like a faucet you'd see in a grand hotel, he didn't even have this at his home. 

 

"Do you feel better?" Yeonjun asked, he was now standing in the bathroom doorway. He was sneaky like a stealthy cat coming up to its prey. He made no noises which worried Beomgyu. 

"Not really." Beomgyu rubbed his eye with his hand, his vision turning black.

"Here, use these." Yeonjun placed the small container of eye drops into his hand.

"Can you do it for me?" Beomgyu asked, he had troubles doing them on his own because he flinched too much.

 

"Sure, Lean your head back." Beomgyu learned his head back and looked up at the ceiling.

"I'll do it now, keep your eyes open." Yeonjun unscrewed the cap, he held his hand above Beomgyu's left eye and squeezed two drops inside. 

Beomgyu shut his eyes tightly, the eye drops made a burning sensation in his eye, he fell to the floor.  

 

"Are you okay?" Yeonjun bent down grabbing Beomgyu's arm.

"It burns." He says grabbing tissue to wipe his eye with.

 

"That's normal, its cleaning your eye. Just endure it again." Yeonjun leaned Beomgyu's head back again.

Beomgyu held his right eye open, he could feel his eye wanting to close but he struggled to keep it open as Yeonjun quickly squirt the two drops inside. 

His eyes shut tightly again, he grabbed the tissue patting the eyelashes.

 

"Is it okay?" Yeonjun asked, both of them still on the cold bathroom floor.

 

"The burning is going away now." He blinked his eyes a few times and was able to open them.

 

"Sorry, I should of warned you." 

"No it's okay, I feel better now thank you." Beomgyu says dabbing dry his eyelashes.

"Your eyes are red. Is it the eye drops or are you having allergies?" Yeonjun noticed the reddened eyes. 

 

"I think it's because of the weather change recently, I'm feeling a little sick." Beomgyu sniffled.

"Ah, I'll grab some cold medicine, wait." Yeonjun stood up to open his medicine cabinet, he searched through until he found the bottle. He had other medicines for nausea and sleep deprivation. He often had nights before he couldn't sleep sometimes 1 hour a day. 

 

 

"Ah water, Wait here." Yeonjun went downstairs to retrieve the water. 

Beomgyu stood up finally, grabbing the edge of the counter. He looked in the cabinet seeing all the medicines. 

 

'For Nausea, For Insomnia, For Anxiety' There was more he couldn't quiet read because of straining his eyes. It seemed Yeonjun had many troubles these days. 

 

He closed the cabinet and looked into the mirror at his face. 

His eyes were red, his lips looked chapped and his hair a mess. He grabbed the hair brush, brushing his hair as Yeonjun returned up the stairs.

 

"Here, Take this and lay down." Yeonjun gave him the medicine, it was a small white round pill.

 

Beomgyu places the pill into his mouth quickly following it with water, it was a bitter taste.

He shivered as he swallowed the pill, the taste was horrible.

 

"Forgot to mention it taste bad, Sorry." Yeonjun laughed seeing his face. 

"Do you have trouble sleeping?" Beomgyu asked out of the blue, Yeonjun's eyebrows raised at the sudden question.

 

"Sometimes but recently i've been fine, why?" 

"Ah nothing." 

"Oh you saw the medicine? I've had that for two years. I had trouble sleeping until a week ago." He shuts the medicine cabinet, his reflection catching his eye. 

The dark circles he once had noticeably faded. 

 

"The medicine will make you tired so, you should sleep. You need to rest so your body can heal." Yeonjun stood next to the bed as Beomgyu sat down on the edge.

 

"Are you going to stand there and watch me?" Beomgyu joked.

"Ah sorry, Just want to make sure you don't fall over." He laughed, Beomgyu places himself under the covers and closed his eyes.

 

"Sleep well, I'll be a few rooms down." Yeonjun smiles to himself as he walked out, he slowly closed the door. 

 

-

 

"Sir, Choi is here to see you again." 

"Send him away again, I don't want him here we have nothing to talk of." Yeonjun told his butler. Beomgyu's father had been making an appearance twice a week almost. 

"Yeonjun! I know you're there!" He heard the shouting from outside his front door, it was raining heavily.

 

"Go away before you catch a cold!" Yeonjun yelled back.

He placed his eye on the peephole and saw Beomgyu's father standing there with a raincoat. 

 

"I'm not leaving until you give me my son."

"Then you will die standing there." Yeonjun walked away from the door back toward his office room.

 

"Choi Yeonjun!" He yelled kicking the door before the guards escorted him away. 

 

Yeonjun sat down back in his office chair, there was piles of paperwork in front of him.

Mostly complaints from Choi, he was sending letters everyday demanding his son back, but never offering any payments.

"No offer, no son." Yeonjun says out loud and threw every letter away. 

 

He had a few papers to sign regarding his business and terms of employees. As well as writing checks and payouts. It was nothing out of the usual, he noticed the rain begin to hit the windows harder now. 

 

He turned his phone on to read the weather app, 'Intense flooding to arrive by 4PM, Stay off the roads and inside'

He hoped the floor would keep Choi away from his home, he wished the flood would last a few days. 

 

"Sir, would you like to do an intense house cleaning? It's scheduled for today." 

"Sure go ahead, clean everything but Don't wake up our guest." Yeonjun joked referring to Beomgyu as his guest. He was indeed the hostage, but somewhat at his own will. 

 

The butler informed the maids hired it was an 'Ok' to start the cleaning. 

It was four different maids, one would clean downstairs, one cleaned upstairs. Another cleaned the garden and another cleaning the many cars he owned. 

 

It would take a few hours to complete everything, he hired them to do this once every 6 months. That is why the vases seemed dirty or dusty. It had been almost a year this time due to his problems arising in his mental state. 

 

Beomgyu laid in the bed, he was sleeping while gripping the pillow beside him. His eyebrows furrowed together as he dreamed. 

 

The maid carefully opened the door making sure to not wake him, she started in the bathroom closing the door and mopping the floors.

She wiped down the sink and bleached the bathtub and shower. 

It was spotless by time she finished, she moved in to the bedroom now.

 

She couldn't vacuum the carpet due to him sleeping, so she skipped it today. 

She dusted the shelves, dressers and near the curtains. The dust flying in the air and landing in the carpet to be vacuumed later.

 

She wiped the surfaces of the dressers down, making the wood shine again like new. 

She noticed the vase had paper in it and slowly took it out. 

She felt a sharp prick in her hand and dropped the packet to the floor. 

She winced, picked up the envelopes slowing opening it to reveals the full needle.

 

Her eyes widened, she sniffed the needle to smell the familiar potent smell. She knew the drug inside of the needle as Yeonjun used it a lot but never this much of a dosage, it would potentially kill someone. 

She put the needle back in the package and ran off toward the office.

 

"Sir..I-" She struggled to breathe from the intense darting to the room she just performed, the packet in her hand.

"What is it?" He says worried, he could tell she look like she's seen a ghost.

 

"I was cleaning your dressers and noticed this in the vase. Is it yours?" She sits the white envelope on the table. 

 

Yeonjun opened the envelope slowing, his eyes seeing the needlepoint. He took out the needle and held it in his shaky hands.

"This , isn't mine.." He trailed off, he smelled the end of the needle, retracting his face at the potent smell.

 

"This, You found this in my room?" The maid nodded quickly, her eyes brows forming a concerned look. 

"Thank you, You can go home now, all of you please." He says sending her off, she reports to the others who stopped their duties confused.

 

"So this is how you're playing?" Yeonjun held the needle up to the light by the window, his eyes scanning across it.

He walked down the hallway to the door, slowly opening it to see Beomgyu still sleeping.

He walks inside the bathroom and emptied the needle into the sink, the horrivle smell filling the air. 

He washed it down the drain and placed the needle back inside the paper, he walked over to his vase and placed it back inside.

 

'Let's see if you ever use this.' He smirked to himself. 

 

-

 

Beomgyu woke up with his eyes feeling slightly better now, his nose become clearer as well.

It seemed to work fast, he had been asleep for three hours but fell full of energy now.

He noticed the smell of bleach and flicked the lights on to the bathroom.

 

It was obvious it was cleaned, and spotless at that.

 

He noticed the vase as well moved, his eyes widened as he rushed over to it looking inside.

He sighed when he realized the paper was untouched or he thought so. 

 

 

"That was close." He says out loud as the door opened, he felt his body tense up seeing Yeonjun appear. 

 

"What was close?" He asked looking at him, Beomgyu felt a strange aura from Yeonjun's gaze. One he couldn't explain, he didn't like it.

 

"I thought I almost broke the vase. It was rocking side to side." He lies. 

' Liar' 

Yeonjun thinks to himself while walking over. 

 

"It looks fine don't worry, How are you feeling?" 

"I feel better, It worked really good thank you." Beomgyu says looking toward the floor, he couldn't look at him with that sort of gaze he was giving. 

 

"Anyways, dinner is ready." 

 

 

-

 

"Aren't you going to eat?" Yeonjun noticed Beomgyu didn't touch his food for the past six minutes of sitting.

"I'm not that hungry." He says slowly nibbling at the chicken.

"Why? Are you feeling sick again?"

 

"No, I think it's because I just woke up." 

"Eat what you can and i'll save it for later."

 

-

 

"Your dad came by today."

"Really? What did he say?"

"He stood in the rain shouting for me to hand you over but he knows it isn't happening." Yeonjun shook his head laughing.

 

"Why? Aren't you tired of me?"

"Tired? I'm amused having you here." He propped his feet up on the dinner table. It was his after all, he didn't care if it wasn't proper.

 

Beomgyu scooted away about an inch and asked "Why?" 

"It's fun having you around, I think I might keep you." He laughed pouring the usual red wine he enjoyed almost every day now. 

"Are you sure you should drink?" Beomgyu questioned him, he held the cup to his lips and paused for a moment looking at him as his drunk it entirely. 

 

"Why shouldn't I?" He glared at him now. Beomgyu could feel the animosity coming from him. 

"Nothing, You act a bit strange when you're drunk." 

"Don't worry, I know myself." He poured another glass and downed it. 

 

"I think you should slow down." Beomgyu tried to grab the cup but his hand was grabbed instead by a tight grip by Yeonjun.

His fingers gripping around his wrist so tight that it turned white.

 

"Ah!" Beomgyu pulled away rubbing his wrist, the skin felt tender now. 

 

"Don't test me." Yeonjun poured another glass. 

"You're drinking too much. Please." 

"Cute. Too bad I like alcohol more than you." Age slurred out. His lips touching the rim of the glass again, downing the red alcohol.

 

"Why do you look so scared?" He slurred while laughing, he grabbed a knife from the table and pointed it at him.

"Are you scared i'll hurt you?" He let out a squeaky laugh while standing up.

"Beomgyu, Beomgyu come here." He walked toward him, Beomgyu stood up now walking steps backwards toward the stairs.

 

 

"I said come here!" He yelled out while laughing, he stumbled toward the edge of the stairs as Beomgyu ran up them stopping at the top, he looked down at Yeonjun looking up at him with a smirk. 

He slowly made his way up the stairs reaching the top as Beomgyu inched his way back inside the room, Yeonjun's foot came between the door as he tried to shut it.

"Beomgyu Ah, Open the door! Don't be scared." He slurred out while hitting the knife against the door.

 

"You're crazy! Put the knife down!" Beomgyu yelled out holding the door in place as Yeonjun pushed against it.

 

"Oh come on, I won't hurt you." He sighed, he didn't stop trying to pry his way inside. 

"Do it!" Yeonjun yelled out.

"What're you talking about?" Beomgyu says behind the door. 

 

"Kill me! That's your plan isn't it!" He pushed harder against the door now, it almost opening enough for him to fling himself through the gap.

 

"What! What're you saying? I never said that!" Beomgyu yelled back, he felt his body getting tired.

 

"I know about you! Your plan! The needle! The vase!" Yeonjun slurs out with anger in his voice. 

 

"It's a misunderstanding!" Beomgyu says as the door flung open, he ends up on the ground now. He hands were burning from a carpet burn now, he winced as he saw Yeonjun enter the room. 

 

"I'll give you a chance." Yeonjun walked over to him, standing at his feet.

 

"I'll give you 6 seconds to grab that needle, If you fail, i'll decide what I want to do with you. If you win, you decide if you want me dead." Yeonjun pointed the knife at him.

 

"I told you it's a misunderstanding! It's not mine!"

"Then who's is it?" 

"My father-"

"Your father is not in my house only you have been! Stop lying to me." He became enraged even more and was pacing back and fourth.

 

"As I said, You have six seconds to reach the needle and get it out. If you fail I make the choices here." He says stopping his pace, he looked down at Beomgyu.

 

"I don't want to." Beomgyu says scooting back a inch.

"So you just want me to chose what I want to do?" He laughed out loud toward Beomgyu.

"You're giving up that easily? You could ask me for anything and you won't even try?" 

 

"If I wanted to kill you, I could of those nights I slept beside you!" Beomgyu yelled out.

 

"Ha, Good point. Why didn't you?" 

"I told you, I don't want to." 

Yeonjun stepped closer to him, he bent down to see him face to face now.

"Okay, Then I've decided! I'll inject the needle to you!" Yeonjun pushed the vase off the dresser. It fell to the ground , the paper bouncing out of it making Beomgyu jump at the sound.

 

"You're crazy.." Beomgyu breathes out.

Yeonjun laid his knife beside his shoe and grabbed the needle holding it up.

Yeonjun leaned toward his face, his lips close to Beomgyu's ear. "You see this? This is going right there." He touched a part of Beomgyu's neck making him shiver under him.

 

 

"Are you ready?" Yeonjun says a inch away from his face now, he looked down into his eyes.

Beomgyu's mind was raising a million thoughts a second, his mind just acted out of fear. He didn't know what else to do but his brain suddenly pushed him to grab Yeonjun's face and collide his lips to his.