Inure

Inure ( Beomgyu X Yeonjun) TXT

 

"It didn't work?" Mr. Choi yelled into the phone. 

 

 

"I'm sorry. We did what we could. This ends now." The line went silent as the other person clicked 'end'.

Choi yelled out in frustrated at the anger filling him. He wanted him dead in cold blood, dead. Even if it meant doing it himself. There was no limit. 

 

-

 

"You're still weak." Beomgyu eyed Yeonjun who tried to sit up. He gripped his head and closed his eyes tightly. 

"This . I don't want to just lay here all day." Yeonjun sighed. 

"I know but you shouldn't over exert yourself either.." Beomgyu handed him the medicine.

 

"Do you think he will ever stop?" 

"Who?" Beomgyu asked as Yeonjun swallowed the pill. 

 

"Your dad trying to kill me." Yeonjun laughed. 

"Honestly no. I might have to stop him myself." Beomgyu sighed as he leaned back on the chair.

"How do you plan on doing that?"

 

"I don't know but I'll figure it out." Beomgyu sat in deep thought for a few seconds. Sabotage would be easiest but wouldn't he be able to buy his way off? 

Wouldn't work as well as intended.. 

 

"I got it! He paid someone off to get rid of me right? Try to find the emails and send it to the officials." Yeonjun felt smart as he told Beomgyu his idea.

 

"That requires finding if he sent emails and then if he didn't... we are screwed basically." Beomgyu let out another short sigh.

"You're right. You dad isn't always dumb." Yeonjun felt hope leaving his body as he pondered for any other plan. 

 

"Don't worry I'll figure something out. In the meantime... I'll bring you breakfast!" Beomgyu ran down the stairs to grab the breakfast he prepared minutes prior.

 

Beomgyu returned with the tray, the ripe fruit making Yeonjun's mouth water. 

"Normally I don't like to eat fruit too much but for some reason I'm craving it today.." Yeonjun eyed the delicious bright colored fruit. 

"I would cook but... I'm not good at it." 

 

"Don't worry. I appreciate it." Yeonjun hugged him tightly. 

Beomgyu returned the hug feeling warm, he didn't want to separate from the warm feeling he held, he knew he needed to take action and soon.

 

-

 

"Yes Boss." The man closed the burner phone, the rain falling over his suit.  

The man puffed his cigar, inhaling deeply. Smoke filled the surrounding area as two others stood beside him.

 

"What's the plan?" 

"We wait." 

 

-

 

Beomgyu attempted to log on to his fathers email via Yeonjun's computer. Entering the email and password wrong five times before finally guessing it correctly. Yes. Once he was logged in he scanned through every sent and received email however seemed to find nothing except casual business exchanges. 

 

"Check the spam." Yeonjun pointed to the screen, Beomgyu moved the cursor over to the spam and clicked. 

Emails pulled up from various accounts, some filled with vile words and others filled with sensitive company information. 

 

"This one was today, click that." Yeonjun pointed. Beomgyu opened the email and scanned the conversations. 

 

"That er.." Beomgyu says under his breathe reading the emails. Emails consisting of a vile plan to once again end Yeonjun for good. 

"He's really set on me dying isn't he?" Yeonjun coughed into his hand feeling a little weak.

"You should lay down you don't have to read this.." Beomgyu patted his shoulder. 

 

"It's fine, don't worry." Yeonjun reassured him. 

"It says he planned to call me today at 7PM to lure me there using you, from there he would lure you as well. Then..." 

"Enough of that, don't mind it." Yeonjun closed the laptop screen.

"It's serious! What are we going to do?" Beomgyu yelled.

 

"Look, I have an idea but it's risky." Yeonjun grabbed his shoulders looking into his eyes. 

 

"What?" Beomgyu asked.

 

"When he calls, play along, you go there." Beomgyu began shaking his head.

"No I'm not doing that." Beomgyu backed away from him.

"Listen to me, okay? You go there and I'll come after." 

"You're asking to die!" Beomgyu yelled not wanting to hear anymore of his words.

 

"I'll call the law enforcement before I go there so they can arrive in time. Nothing is going to happen." Yeonjun grabbed his shoulders again holding him still.

 

"And? What if they don't? You're going to die!" Beomgyu shoved his hands off of him.

"I can't believe you. You're risking yourself, your life for what?" 

 

"If we don't do this, when will we get another chance? He won't stop you know this." Yeonjun raised his tone slightly feeling frustrated.

 

"You want to kill yourself like that?" Beomgyu walked over toward the vase sitting on top of the table, turning it upside down revealing the needle hiding within it. 

"Do it here. Atleast it will be voluntary!" Beomgyu threw the needle at him, it hits his chest and rolled to his feet.

 

"I thought you threw this away?" Yeonjun asked looking at the fluid filled needle.

 

"No. I didn't." Beomgyu adverts his gaze to the window, the rain falling down. 

"This whole time, you kept something that could kill me in my own home? Something your father gave you for killing me?" 

 

"Yes." Beomgyu nodded, he felt little guilt flush his body. 

 

Yeonjun picked up the needle carefully and placed it in his hand, "you do it." 

 

"What?"

 

"You kept it intending for having to use it one day right? Go ahead." Yeonjun crossed his arms, standing in front of him. 

 

"You're crazy." Beomgyu let the needle roll off his hand to the floor, he pushed himself aside Yeonjun and exited the door.

 

"I'm crazy? You kept it here the whole time!" Yeonjun yelled walking after him.

 

"So what?" Beomgyu yelled back walking down the stairs.

 

"How can I trust you?" Yeonjun asked, Beomgyu's footsteps came to a stop hearing those words.

 

"How can i trust you?" Beomgyu shot the words back at him as he continued walking down the steps, reaching the end.

 

He opened the door revealing the heavy pouring rain, walking outside into it without a care as Yeonjun watched him, his heart shattering into pieces. 

 

He wanted to move but his legs felt stuck, too weak. Go! Why aren't you chasing him? 

He grabbed the doorframe as the cold air swooped inside, ripping through his clothes. 

He gathered his strength and ran into the ran after Beomgyu trying to find him.

 

"Beomgyu!" He yelled out not knowing which direction he went or where. The rain clouded his vision. 

 

Beomgyu could hear the distant yells of his name as he walked in the rain drenching wet. 

Is he stupid? Coming into the pouring rain when he's sick? He's going to die at this rate. 

See if I care. 

 

Beomgyu ignored the cries of his voice as they came closer, he picked his pace up. 

Yeonjun could see the silhouette of him in the rain and picked his speed up, his legs feeling numb.

 

"Beomgyu please!" Yeonjun grabbed the back of his jacket, falling down to his knees. Beomgyu fell to the ground as the weight forced him to his knees. Yeonjun gripped the shirt from behind and his tears streamed down his face mixing with the rain.

 

"Why're you doing this? Why're you not listening to me? Why're you leaving so easily?" Yeonjun yelled in frustration. Beomgyu felt the frustration in his cracking voice and withheld his tears. 

 

"Why? All I ever did was take care of you, I know what I did was wrong but I learned from it!" Yeonjun yelled out, his hand submerged in the rain puddles forming around them. 

The steeetlight that was barely visible in the showers of rain. 

 

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry!" Yeonjun sobbed into his wet shirt, his face feeling warm from a fever forming already.

 

 

Beomgyu felt choked up, he couldn't form his words and didn't know what to say at the moment. He was lost for words and lost in his own guilt. 

The man sobbing behind him, the man he was wrongly in love with, the man who he wronged. 

 

The man who he became inured to. 

 

 

"Please come back. I cant live without you." Yeonjun turned him around to face him, the rain making his eyes sting. 

 

"Say something!" Yeonjun yelled shaking his shoulders, nothing came. 

 

A call rang from Beomgyu's phone, his father. 

 

He picked up the phone, "hello?" 

 

"Beomgyu. Where are you? It's loud." His father asked hearing the rain. 

"Are you outside? It's raining terribly now!" He yelled into the phone.

 

"Yes." Beomgyu answered feeling himself becoming dissociated.

"Where are you? I can come get you. That damned Yeonjun he did this didn't he?" 

 

"He's in front of me." 

 

"In front of you? Why're you in the rain? You're going to get sick or worse drown out there it's flooding!" His father yelled.

 

"Father." 

 

"What?" His dad asked hearing Beomgyu's serious tone.

 

"An eye for an eye." Beomgyu spoke into the phone.

 

"Son what're you saying?" 

 

Beomgyu looked across the road seeing his father standing with three others. 

 

"If you kill him, You're killing me too." Beomgyu stated at his father who dropped the phone to his side in disbelief at his sons words. 

 

 

Yeonjun felt his body becoming weak from the rain and dropped to his side, coughing as the rain almost submerged him. 

 

"What's it father? Cat got your tongue?" Beomgyu asked into the phone as Yeonjun coughed in front of him. 

 

 

"You bastard. Why can't you just let this man go! Don't you understand his intentions from the beginning was to expose us!" His father yelled. 

 

Yeonjun sits himself back up with the little strength he had left. Wiping his eyes that were filled with water. 

"If he dies out here today, so does your only heir." Beomgyu speaks into the phone. His words stabbing his father like a poisoned knife. 

 

"You! If he dies it's your fault!" His father yelled sending the men off inside the laundry mat. 

"What will it be father?" 

 

"What're you doing?"

Yeonjun asked as he felt his eyelids becoming heavy, his breathing becoming harder.

 

"Bull! You worthless son! Never speak to me again you hear me! If I ever you both again he's dead hear me dead! Fine Have it your way. You'll pay your dues!" His father cut the line speeding inside the building. 

 

Beomgyu let's the phone fall into the water below as he grabbed Yeonjun's shoulders, helping him sit up.

"Yeonjun, it's okay. Look at me." Beomgyu flicked his forehead to get his attention.

 

"Come on let's go." Beomgyu helped him stand to his feet and tread through the water that was ankle high. 

 

 

"A little further." Beomgyu guided him toward the hospital, helping him inside to the desk.

 

"He needs immediate care." 

 

-

 

Yeonjun's eyes opened to reveal the white room, he looked around sitting up. His eyes falling upon Beomgyu who sat beside him, gripping his hand.

 

"Beomgyu?" Yeonjun asked with a raspy voice.

 

"You're fine. Don't worry. We're safe." Beomgyu smiled warmly.

 

"What about your father?" 

 

"He's gone. Don't worry." Beomgyu reassured the man.

 

"How?" Yeonjun asked.

 

-

Beomgyu dialed the number to his fathers call at the pay phone waiting for an answer.

 

"Father it's me, let's meet and talk." 

 

 

Beomgyu waited under the sign of the gas station for his father to appear. 

 

"Did you change your mind?" His father asked, smirking almost. 

 

"Yes father. I thought about it and I see your point. I agree." Beomgyu lies Straight through his teeth. 

 

"I'm glad son, come back home." His father engulfed him in a hug, Beomgyu took the needle out of his pocket and jammed it into his neck releasing the liquid.

 

"Sorry. This is for mother too tell her I said hello." Beomgyu whispered as his fathers heart beat become slower and he fell into his arms limply. 

Beomgyu dragged him to the back of the gas station without anyone noticing and called the police from his fathers burner phone.

 

"What's your emergency?" 

 

"Yes there has been a citizen who seems to be dead behind the XXXX gas station on XXX BLVD." he hangs up the phone and throws it in the garbage can, walking away from the scene of his fathers lifeless body as the rain washed away the guilt. 

 

-

 

"You killed him?" Yeonjun held his mouth agap. 

"I didn't kill him, he died long ago to me." Beomgyu stared outside the window as the sun rose. 

 

The sun shining across the both of them as Beomgyu smiled warmly. 

"You're crazy." Yeonjun laughed dryly.

"So are you." Beomgyu laughed. 

 

"Mr. Choi. You're all good to go. Make sure to take the antibiotics twice a day." 

 

 

The two of them entered the house that was filled with the nostalgia of their beginnings.

 

Filled with all the things

 

 

 

 

 

Inured. 

 

 

 

 

 

-

Thank you so much for the support of

This story <3 it means so much to me ❤️ there will be many more stories in the future and I hope you will enjoy them as well <3 

 

Inure -  accustom (someone) to something, especially something unpleasant.