Darkness behind the light

Inure ( Beomgyu X Yeonjun) TXT

----

"What do you mean you set him up?" Beomgyu asked eyeing his father.

 

"Taehyun helped me. He took some papers to him this afternoon to sign. It's going to be good.." 

 

"What the hell did you do?" Beomgyu furrowed his eyebrows.

 

"What! you wanted him gone, right?" His father looks confused at his worried son.

 

Beomgyu rushes out the door into the cold air and ran along the concrete sidewalk until he neared the house. He bends over catching his breathe as he knocked at the locked door.

 

The butler opened it and Beomgyu pushed his way inside.

 

"Where is he?" Beomgyu asked frantically, looking around.

"He's not in, he went to visit someone." The maid spoke folding the clothes in her hands.

 

"Where?" Beomgyu asked feeling desperate for a answer. 

 

"I forgot, i'm sorry. He should be back in a few hours." The maid placed the clothes in a basket. 

 

"What's wrong?" The butler asked noticing his fallen face.

 

"Wherever he went, it's not going to end good." Beomgyu says before walking out the door heading toward his destination. 

 

He couldn't quite remember where he was going or what he was planning to do.

 

He walked along the road passing the smokers and children coming from school. 

He hates the smell of cigarette smoke, it made him cough violently if he inhaled too much.

 

He knew Yeonjun smoked, but never questioned him. 

  It was a month ago, he opened the drawer in his study and saw the packs of rolled up cigarettes.

 

He never saw him smoke neither, he was very good at hiding things.

 

He breathed out the hot air he withheld, the vapor circling through the air. 

 

He finally reached the place, The Kang's.

 

He knocked at the red double doors that stood about 5 feet taller than him. 

 

"Hello, Who am I speaking too?" The bodyguard answered the door, he's wearing a red suit with silver striking hair. 

 

 

"Choi Beomgyu, Son of **** Choi." Beomgyu replied.

 

"Right, come in." The guy opened the door wide enough as Beomgyu stepped inside the striking red palace.

 

"What brings you here?" Taehyun appeared from the white and red staircase. His hair was slicked back and wearing all black.

 

"I believe you have someone i'm looking for." 

 

"Who may that be?" Taehyun asked the railing of the stairs slowly.

 

"Yeonjun, Choi Yeonjun." Beomgyu says slowly between each syllable.

 

"I don't know who you're talking about." Taehyun perked an eyebrow. 

 

 

 

"Bull, who else would've taken him?" Beomgyu walked closer toward the staircase and the bodyguard holds a hand up.

 

"Don't go any further." The Bodyguard warned.  

 

"This is utter bull, I know you're keeping him and for what? Just because my father says so?" 

 

"You don't know what he's done, do you?" Taehyun scoffed.

 

"What?" Beomgyu asked, Did I really want to know? Did I dare ask?

 

"Oh what's this? You didn't know?" Taehyun smirked walking down the steps stopping in front of him.

 

"Didn't know what?" Beomgyu became anxious what the man was about to say.

 

"Here, if you still want to find him go." Taehyun took out a shiny object from his pocket and let it fall to Beomgyu's feet.

 

Beomgyu looked below his black shoes to see the shiny diamond ring.

 

"What's this?" 

 

 

 

"A ring. That's all I'll say." Taehyun walked back up the stairs without another word spoken.

 

Beomgyu stood in silence staring at the ring before slowly picking it up. It felt new, looked new and it WAS new.

 

The diamond shined brightly under the light of the palace. 

Did Yeonjun buy this? For why? Is he married? Is he getting married?

 

Beomgyu had a million questions but couldn't even find a answer to any one of them.

 

 

 

He placed the ring in his jacket pocket and walked around the broad hallway.

 

"Yeonjun!" He yelled out to nothing but silence that echoed back.

 

He's here somewhere. He has to be.

 

"Well look who it is." Mr. Kang spoke. 

 

"You, Where is he?" Beomgyu asked feeling threatened by the man's gaze.

 

"He's somewhere." He stifled a laugh looking at Beomgyu.

 

"You're so desperate. The man kidnapped you and now you're trying to save him?" Kang laughed.

 

"Stop talking nonsense and tell me where he is!" Beomgyu yelled.

 

"That won't do. I'll call your father here to get you." Kang took his cellphone out. 

 

Beomgyu quickly threw the phone to the ground and it shattered into pieces.

 

Kang looked angrily toward him and raised his hand to slap him.

 

His hand going across his cheek leaving a bright red mark. 

 

"Fine, you can go with him!" He pulled the Younger boy's arm. 

 

He dragged Beomgyu down the long hallway toward the basement door and down the wooden steps. 

 

Below was a concrete floor with box's stacked high full of junk and cobwebs.

 

"Where's Yeonjun?!" Beomgyu asked again, biting his bloody lip.

 

"You'll find out." Lang threw him down and walks back up the wooden steps closing the for behind him.

 

Beomgyu felt through the seemingly dark room and crawled around the cold floor.

 

"Yeonjun!" He yelled in the dark room, a small source of light emitted from the broken one a few feet ahead. He grabbed it and stood up slowly. 

 

His hands were scratched from the concrete. 

 

Yeonjun opened his eyes, the dark room greeting him once again. 

He heard slightly shuffling from across the room and yelled.

"Let me go!" He yelled out weakly.

 

"Yeonjun it's me!" Beomgyu yelled.

 

Yeonjun felt his heart drop hearing the familiar voice. 

 

"Why're you here?!" Yeonjun panicked. 

Did they hurt him? I'm going to kill those guys!

 

Yeonjun felt his anger flourish in his heart at the thought.

 

"I came to find you." Beomgyu says walking closer to the noise of his voice.

 

"It's no use, They have a lock on me." Yeonjun referred to the handcuffs he's currently in connected to the pipes. 

 

"I'll get them!" Beomgyu says standing up.

 

"No it's too dangerous!" Yeonjun yelled out.

 

"How else will you get out?!" Beomgyu says worried, he walked closer to the familiar voice until he saw a small portion of him. 

 

"You're face, are you okay?" Beomgyu noticed small scratches and blood upon his face.

 

"I'm fine it's just a scratch." Yeonjun says blowing hair out of his face.

 

"Well well, looks like you two are comfy."