A new light

Inure ( Beomgyu X Yeonjun) TXT

----

 

The streetlight glaring over the two as they stared in silence, a comfortable silence. 

"What did you say?" Beomgyu repeated his question.

"I said I love you." Yeonjun repeated after clearing his throat, it felt dry as the desert. 

 

"I don't know what to say." Beomgyu fiddled with the zipper to his jacket.

"What do you mean you don't know?" Yeonjun asked feeling his heart being ripped out as he spoke.

The wind began blowing, a envelope falling from Yeonjun's jacket pocket to the concrete in front of Beomgyu's feet.

 

He picks up the white envelope and opened it, taking out the white and black card with gold words written.

 

"Give that." Yeonjun tried to grab it from Beomgyu's hands but failed as Beomgyu quickly took a few steps back.

 

He opened the card slowly revealing the lettering, his eyes feeling like they're going to pop out. He felt his blood boiling with anger and like he's been fooled. Betrayed and tricked this whole time. 

 

"I can't believe you. I mean it, I don't want to see you again." Beomgyu threw the letter down, stomping on it with his shoes before walking away.

"Beomgyu! Wait." Yeonjun leaves the letter on the ground and grabbed his shoulder. 

 

"It's not what it looks like please. It's business." 

 

"Business? Business is marrying someone while you're standing here confessing you love me? I don't know what got into your head Choi Yeonjun but figure out how to get rid of it." Beomgyu shook his shoulder away. 

 

"Please! Let me explain to you." Yeonjun grabbed his hand.

"There's no other explanation." Beomgyu scoffed.

"I won't get married, I won't." Yeonjun felt on the verge of tears as the one thing he wanted seemed to be slipping away from him.

 

"Whatever. You lied." Beomgyu violently snatched his hand away from his and fled off with heavy steps. 

 

Yeonjun felt his heart shatter into a million pieces, pieces he wouldn't find again. There was simply too many to recover.

 

Beomgyu went straight home with a heavy heart, as soon as he entered his house he burst into tears of his inner frustration. 

"Are you okay?" The Maid asked hearing the sobbing noises. 

"Sorry. I'm fine." Beomgyu rushes up to his room closing the door behind him trying to conceal the urges to just burst into tears again. 

 

 

 

--------

 

Yeonjun walked home with low hopes for anything anymore, his phone began ringing the familiar number.

"Yes?" 

"Tomorrow? Can we reschedule to next week? I'm going through some difficult things.." 

"Thank you."

 

The father called of the girl he was going to marry. He wanted to meet to go over the theme of the wedding but luckily Yeonjun bought time. Time to attempt to fix things and get rid of this damned fate.

 

-------

 

"Son, you're not eating?" The worried father asked seeing his son's plate untouched for the second time today.

"I don't feel like it." Beomgyu tapped the side of his glass with the fork.

 

"What's eating you?"

"I can't say." Beomgyu sighed pushing back his chair and standing up. 

"I'll be outside if you need me." He walks outside into the back garden. He needed a breathe of fresh air, staying inside wasn't helping his case. 

He felt alone, damaged and betrayed by the damned Yeonjun. He wishes sometimes he took the chance with the needle he was given.

 

"Sir, A package arrived."

"Throw it away." Beomgyu says not even taking time to look toward the butler. 

 

---------

 

Yeonjun was drowning himself in liquor again, the butler mentally sighing watching him harm himself. 

"Sir isn't that too much?" 

"Nothing is enough to mask this pain." Yeonjun downed another shot of the strong alcohol. 

 

"You should see a therapist. This isn't healthy."

"What am I suppose to tell the therapist? They'll think i'm a nut job." Yeonjun felt himself becoming angry thinking of the events he's caused himself.

He was interrupted by a knock, his eyes lit up hoping it was Beomgyu. 

He opened the door expecting him and it was the girl instead with her father. He felt his heart drop, it wasn't who he wanted.

"Sorry for the intrusion, it's urgent." The man spoke as the two entered the home.

"It's fine but I warn you i'm a little drunk." Yeonjun waltzed over to the table sitting down.

 

"It's fine. We wanted to discuss the wedding venue, We we're thinking at the royal palace." 

"The royal palace? Isn't that off limits?" Yeonjun asked. The Royal palace was off limits for anyone usually, the fact they wanted a wedding in the palace was strange. 

"We sent a appeal to them, we are good friends with their business they run." 

"I see. Let me know if it's accepted then.." 

"Have you been feeling fine these days? you seem shaken." The Girl asked, her brown eyes looking worriedly into his.

"I'm fine don't worry. I'm just going through some business related problems."

"You know we can help you." The Girl touched his hand, he slightly flinched.

 

"It's fine, I'll do it on my own." Suddenly a doorbell erupted making the three snap there heads toward it. 

 

"Who's that?" The girl asked, "I don't know, Wait here sorry." Yeonjun opened the door to reveal Beomgyu standing there with a file of papers.

"I brought papers regarding the island." Beomgyu spoke in a monotone voice with glazed over eyes. 

 

"Right, Leave them upstairs on my desk. I'm attending something important." Yeonjun allowed him inside, he walked past the two strangers sitting in the room. 

His eyes landing upon the girl he looked up at him with curious eyes as he watched her. He walked up the straits slowly with his mind wandering. Ah so she's the bride? She's pretty I admit. I cant help but hate her though. 

Beomgyu walked to the office door to discover it's locked. How the hell does he tell me to leave it when the doors locked?

Beomgyu felt himself become frustrated.

 

"Well We will be going now. Thanks for giving your feedback. We will contact you when he decision is made!" The man hugged him and the girl followed, clinging her arms around his waist tightly. 

 

The two left and Yeonjun headed up the stairs to see Beomgyu with his back against the door sunken to the floor. 

"Did you really make me wait?" Beomgyu says feeling angry.

"Sorry. I forgot it's locked. I'll unlock it for you." Yeonjun unlocked the golden doorknob and turned it open. 

"Go on in." Beomgyu walked inside the room filled with papers across the desk scattered. 

"Why have you been doing hectic in here?" Beomgyu noticed the room was a complete mess.

 

"No reason." Yeonjun spoke, Beomgyu could smell the alcohol on his breathe. 

"You reek of alcohol, you're drinking again?" 

"Why do you care?" Yeonjun muttered as he cleaned the papers off his desk making a neat pile. 

"Wow." Beomgyu slammed the file on the desk making Yeonjun jump.

"What's gotten into you all of a sudden?" Yeonjun felt intimidated by him.

 

"You're being so stupid." Beomgyu kicked the trash can over, the paper balls falling to the floor.

"Hey! Dont kick my stuff!" Yeonjun bent down fixing the mess. 

"You're next."

"What're you so angry for? I'm being nice to you here." Yeonjun crossed his arms. 

"You expect me to be fine when the person you're marrying was here?"

"I told you, I would call it off." Yeonjun took a step closer.

"Why haven't you yet?" 

 

"I'm waiting for you to say you love me back."

The rain began pouring lightly outside, the rain drops greeting the ground. Animals began retreating inside the trees and lush forest to get away from the cold rain.

 

The silence filled the room again, nothing but the sound of the small fan running. 

Yeonjun made a hasty decision and slowly walked closer to him. Beomgyu didn't move, wandering what sparked the sudden movement toward him.

Yeonjun slowly placed his lips onto his, making his heart jump out of his own chest. 

Beomgyu felt his face become flushed already and even more by the second. Is he insane?

 

Beomgyu pushed him away from him, taking a deep breathe.  

"What?" Yeonjun asked in disbelief as he's being rejected.

"Are you insane?!" Beomgyu yelled.

"Maybe." Yeonjun laughed halfheartedly.

"You're crazy. You're kissing me while you're still getting married?" Beomgyu shook his head in disbelief. He couldn't believe the person in front of him right now. 

 

"If I call it off, would you stay with me?" Yeonjun walked back toward him.

 

"Are you bribing me?" Beomgyu scoffed.

"I am." Yeonjun smirked.

 

"You can't ever be serious.." Beomgyu sighed, he felt conflicted. A part of him wanted to just grab him and kiss him. Another part wanted to run from this situation for good.

 

The sound of the door downstairs shook the two out of their thoughts. She must be back. One of them. 

Yeonjun's eyes widened hearing sounds of footsteps coming slowly up the stairs. Beomgyu grabbed him, pulling him toward him crashing his lips onto his.

Yeonjun tried to rip away from his grip but felt weak as always under his touch. 

 

The footsteps stopped in front of the office door, it swung open revealing the girls face that turned quickly as she saw the two locking lips. Yeonjun looking wide eyed toward the door and Beomgyu with a hint of spite. 

The girls mouth hung open, she couldn't think of anything to say instead just ran down the stairs almost falling. 

 

"Beomgyu!" Yeonjun yelled pulling himself finally away.

 

"What? Now you're complaining?"

The girl quickly rushes out the door in complete disbelief toward the black car yelling to her father.

 

"You're going to get me killed." Yeonjun says looking outside the window. 

"Then we will die together." Beomgyu turned him around kissing him again catching him off guard.

"What's gotten into you?" Yeonjun pulled away again. 

"You." Beomgyu slowly walked out the door to the study into the hallway backwards.

"You're really difficult." Yeonjun walked into the hallway as well.

 

"But you love me, don't you?" Beomgyu laughed. 

"I don't understand you. Sometimes you want to shield me and next you're harming my reputation.." 

"I didn't harm it, I brought you to light. You were hiding it." Beomgyu shook his head as he leaned against the wall.

 

"I'm definitely not getting married now.." Yeonjun ruffled his hair feeling conflicted now.

"What makes you think that?" Beomgyu titled his head.

"You just ruined it for me, what other hope do I have?" Yeonjun looked at him with curious eyes.

"Me." Beomgyu smirked.

 

"You're joking." Yeonjun took a deep sigh.

"And If i'm not?"

 

"First of all, you wouldn't. Second your father would kill me and you. Third why me?" Yeonjun held his fingers up after each statement.

"Because if you marry me, you can have me. Isn't that what you always wanted?" Beomgyu tapped his cheek. 

"Stop teasing me, I don't like that." Yeonjun walked down the hallway.

"Where you going so suddenly?" Beomgyu followed behind the bothered and frustrated man. 

"I'm going to sleep, my handover is already coming. You're playing mind games.." Yeonjun started undressing himself.

 

"What're you looking at?" Yeonjun asked seeing Beomgyu's eyes tracing him.

"The person in the corner over there." Beomgyu joked making Yeonjun look quickly. 

"Ah! Don't joke like that." Yeonjun slipped the shirt over his head.

"Sorry" Beomgyu teased from the doorway, leaning against the frame as he watched.

"Do you have to watch me? I should charge you for the show." Yeonjun joked.

"Whatever. It's not that enjoyable." Beomgyu yawned making Yeonjun feel tested.

 

"Step past that doorway and you'll see." Yeonjun says with a serious look in his eyes.

Beomgyu steps past the doorway with crossed arms and a eyebrow raised in asking "Try it."

 

Yeonjun walked closer to him, so close his breathe could be felt. 

Beomgyu felt lips become attached to his sensitive neck in an instant. Yeonjun planted a few more kisses on his neck filling the room with hot tension.

"You won't be able to walk out the door when i'm done."

 

----

 

" It's been 4 hours where's my son?"

"Uhm, he last was seen entering Yeonjun's house. He hasn't been seen since.." 

"That sly bastard, send someone to go retrieve him immediately!""