J is for Jealousy

If We're Meant To Be (RoseKook ff)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Saturday

Rose

"Lisa, hurry up! Our meeting starts at 8. We don't want to be late." I said as I knocked on Lisa's door.

"Ne! Coming!" I heard her yelling on the other side of the door.

"I'm ready!" Lisa emerged from her room smiling.

"Let's go!"

We went directly to the broadcasting building to meet with the other idols. Some idols were already there chatting with each other when we walked inside the room. Thankfully we arrived 20 minutes early. We greeted them and bowed. My eyes immediately looked for Jungkook but he was nowhere. We haven't talked after that weird phone call 2 days ago.

"Bambam!" Lisa exclaimed as soon as she spotted her best friend. She rushed to his side while I trailed behind. I smiled at Bambam and greeted him.

A few moments later, someone tapped my shoulder. I turned my head to see the person.

"Hi, Rose!" Jaehyun beamed at me.

"Oh, hi!" I bowed and smiled at him.

"I'm so glad to see you. I haven't talked to you in a while."

"Yeah, we've been busy." I told him while still scanning the room to see if Jungkook has arrived.

"Rose?"

"Huh?" I snapped out from my thoughts.

"I asked if we can have coffee after this." He gave me a hopeful smile.

"Oh, Uhm... Lisa and I... we are going somewhere after this." I quickly found an excuse.

"Tsk.. What a bummer. Can I tag along?" he leaned closer to me which made me a bit uncomfortable.

"Huh, it's..uhm.. we are actually meeting with our other members. So...yeah.." I replied nervously.

"Oh," disappointment in his eyes. "Some other time then?"

Before I could answer him, I saw Jungkook in my peripheral vision. My eyes widened and I instantly stuttered. "Uhmm...I'll...I'll think about it."

"I'll count on it." He flashed his smile and winked at me. I in turn gave him a fake smile and strode back to Lisa's side.

I looked at Jungkook's direction who's standing on the opposite side of the room. I smiled at him while he just simply nodded. After a while, Eunha walked up towards him and smiled sweetly. I instantly felt sour and didn't notice that I was glaring at Eunha until Lisa nudged my side.

"If only looks could kill." Lisa whispered. "Are you okay?"

"What??" I averted my eyes from Jungkook and Enhua and looked at Lisa and smiled. "I'm okay."

Then, two middle-aged men entered the roon. We immediately greeted and bowed to them. They introduced themselves as Mr. Kim, the head of the broadcasting network and Mr. Lee, the musical director.

All of us then proceeded to the meeting room and settled ourselves on one of the seats. I was so disgusted at how Eunha was sticking with Jungkook like a leech. The girl shamelessly sat beside him while I sat right across them with a blank face. Lisa was next to me on my left while Jaehyun settled himself on my right.

I pretended to look around until our eyes met. My heart skipped a beat. He furrowed his brows while I quickly averted my eyes.

"Thank you everyone for coming today." Mr. Lee started.

I glanced at Jungkook's direction and saw Eunha leaning in towards Jungkook.

Really? Right in front of my salad? I thought to myself. I wasn't paying attention to what Mr. Kim was saying not until he mentioned my name and Jungkook's.

"So, Rose-ssi and Jungkook-ssi, Mr. Lee has decided to make you as the main singers of this performance so you are expected to practice your song together."

"Ne!" We said at the same time. I glanced at Jungkook but he wasn't looking at me.

Tss.. What's going on with this guy? I muttered to myself.

"All of you will also have a dance rehearsal. I will just inform you your schedule through your managers." Mr. Kim continued.

When the meeting ended, Mr. Lee instructed us about the song arrangement and handed us the piece that we were going to sing. We did our first try of the song and it went well.

"Okay! That's all for today, I'll see you all next time," shouted Mr. Lee. Everyone stood up and started leaving. Eunha trailed behind Jungkook and stopped at a corner outside the room. I was about to leave when Jaehyun called me from behind.

"Rose, I forgot to ask earlier... Can I have your number?" He asked while scratching his nape.

"Huh....Uhm..." I glanced at Jungkook and saw his face darkened while staring at me. Since I was so annoyed at him, I looked away and smiled sweetly at Jaehyun.

"Sure, hand me your phone so I can type my number." I typed my number and gave his phone back.

"Thanks, Rose! I'll see you soon. Bye!" Jaehyun smiled and left.

Lisa who was standing not far away went closer and asked. "What was that about?"

"Nothing!' I shrugged. "I was just being friendly."

She looked at me with her brows furrowed. "Whatever. Let's go!"

We made our way to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter