Chapter Six

When We Lie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jung Wheein, Kim Yongsun’s alleged Female , was MAS’ former drummer

 

Back when Make A Sound, commonly known as MAS, wasn’t in the mainstream content yet, the band has been playing in different bars and restaurants. That’s when one of the producers of their agency discovered them. The band consisted of five members and Jung Wheein was the band’s drummer and backup vocals. Right when the band debuted, the band now consisted of five male members.

Pictures of Jung Wheein playing the drums with the rest of the band members back then could be found online from their fans, proving Jung Wheein’s association with MAS. It was also known that the female drummer and singer was dubbed as the famous member of the band because both men and women love her so much. Fans were happy that the band finally got to debut, but were shocked with the sudden change of members.

With Jung Wheein constantly appearing with Kim Yongsun, many speculated that the drummer left for money. It was said that Jung Wheein’s mother was currently staying in a nursing home and that’s why the drummer became the KGC President’s alleged to support her mother’s medical expenses. Fans were outraged that the former drummer left the band for selfish acts while others believed that there are some other reasons why Jung Wheein left.

 

I sighed heavily and tightened my hug around my pillow while I pushed my face further on it. My eyebrows furrowed when my pillow suddenly felt small. It’s squishy but firm at the same time, which confused me.

I groaned and slowly lifted my heavy eyelids. My eyes instantly widened when I saw that I’m not hugging my pillow. I’m hugging an arm. I gulped hard as I slowly tilted my head up, already dreading who I’m going to see next.

Cold water heavily poured down my body, completely waking me up right away and froze me in place when I did not just see Miss Kim’s sleeping face. Her eyes were right on me already. A shiver ran down my spine from fear when my gaze landed on hers. Even at this very early in the morning, she managed to possess such a powerful gaze.

I frantically removed my arms around her arm and scrambled to move away from her. I panicked because I know she didn’t want to be touched in bed. She specified that when we were signing the contracts and I just broke it today.

I rolled as far as I could. “Ow!” I exclaimed, hissing from pain when my head hit the bedside table while my hands went to my head right away. The shame didn’t just stop there. I was rolling so fast that I wasn’t able to stop when I reached the end of the bed. “Ow! Ugh…” I groaned and curled on the floor from pain when I fell down while tears pricked my eyes from the pain on my head.

This is embarrassing.

“Are you okay?”

I scrambled to push myself off the floor and groggily stood up as I rubbed my head and my side. I bowed to Miss Kim repeatedly, closing my eyes because I’m afraid to look at her. “I’m sorry, Miss Kim. I didn’t mean to touch you. I didn’t realize I moved closer to you while I was asleep…”

“Are you okay, Wheein?”

“I’m really sorry, Miss Kim. I’ll just sleep on the floor later tonight so I won't touch you anymore. Please don’t be mad at me. I didn’t mean it” I rambled nervously as I continued to bow at her.

The hands on my shoulders stopped my bows while I shut my eyes tightly and bent my head low from fear. My hand on my head was gently pulled away from me while an arm laced around my waist and pulled me forward.

“Are you okay?” Miss Kim whispered softly.

“I’m really sorry, Miss Kim. I never meant to touch you” I said, my voice shaking while my shoulders were trembling from my cries because of how I painfully hit my head on the bedside table.

I felt a finger on my chin before my head was pulled up. I remained closing my eyes as I bit the inside of my cheek. I held my breath and gripped my pajama pants when I felt a gentle hand wiping the tears on my cheeks.

“Why are you crying?”

“My head hurts…” I whispered, admitting it to her.

Miss Kim pulled me closer to her before she cupped my cheeks and pulled my head down. She parted the hair where I hit my head on the table. Then she ran her thumb on that area, making me flinch a little bit when she pressed on that spot.

“It’s just a small bump. Is your head aching or is it just this spot that’s painful?” Miss Kim said, her voice sounding close to me.

“Only that” I whispered shyly. I slowly opened my eyes and saw Miss Kim’s nightgown right in front of me, realizing how we’re standing so close to each other.

“Hmm…” she hummed while gently massaging the spot on my head. “What about your side when you fell?”

I shook my head slowly and whispered, “It doesn’t hurt anymore”

“Okay… We’ll just ice your head. It’s not bleeding at all so you don’t have to worry about it”

“Okay” I whispered before I gulped hard, conscious by how close we’re standing. “Thank you. I’m really sorry, Miss Kim. I didn’t mean to touch you”

“It’s okay. I understand. Stop apologizing, Wheein”

“Thank you…” I whispered, sighing in relief. When I felt her arm around me loosened, I took a step back and bowed at her. “Thank you, Miss Kim. I’ll just grab some ice packs in the fridge.” I bowed at her one last time before I exited the bedroom.

I glanced at the clock in the hallway and saw that it’s already six in the morning. I groaned softly and massaged the painful spot on my head as I went downstairs. Miss Kim is supposed to leave at this hour or at least be ready for work already, but I held her back. I was lucky she wasn’t mad at me but standing close to her is making me conscious. It’s not that I don’t like it. I actually don’t understand what I felt about it, that’s why it’s making me conscious. Like I have so little room for error and a tiny mistake would be so obvious.

I made coffee for Miss Kim while I heated up milk for myself. Then I grabbed an ice pack from the fridge and placed it on my head. It has been almost a month since I stayed in Miss Kim’s house. She would always decline every time I cooked something extra for breakfast but she never misses drinking coffee in the morning. So instead of cooking breakfast for the two of us, I’ll just prepare her coffee.

I grabbed slices of bread and toasted them before I fried eggs for my breakfast. Cooking one hand was difficult with my hand occupied with icing my head. Once I was done, I transferred my eggs and bread on a plate. I pulled my milk out of the microwave and brought them with me to the dining table.

Miss Kim came down a few minutes later when I was done with my eggs and bread and was finishing my milk. My eyebrows raised when she was only wearing a shirt and shorts. I was expecting her to be dressed for work. If she’s staying, this would be the first time that we’d be in the house for the whole day.

She grabbed her salad from the refrigerator and heated it up before she poured herself a mug of coffee. She started taking sips of her coffee while I’m drinking my milk. When the microwave beeped, she pulled out her salad and brought it to the dining table. I instantly sat up when she sat across from me.

“How’s your head?” she asked before she took a bite of her salad.

“It doesn’t hurt anymore,” I said while she nodded at me. “You won’t be working today, Miss Kim?”

She swallowed her food first before she asked, “Didn’t I tell you?”

My eyebrows furrowed, trying to recall if she said something for today. When I came up empty, I tilted my head to the side and said, “I’m not so sure if you said something for this day, Miss Kim”

“I didn’t?” She finished her salad and drank from her coffee as she stared at me intently. I gulped hard from nervousness, thinking that I must’ve forgotten something she said to me. She placed her mug down before she said, “I guess I forgot to tell you. We’re shooting our prenuptial and wedding photos for two days, starting today”

“We’re getting married today?”

“Sodam is already working on registering our marriage but we don’t have to hold an actual wedding. That would be too much hassle. Instead, we’re just shooting photos. Sodam, Hyejin, and Byul would be here later”

I lifted my glass of milk and took huge gulps of it, feeling nervous about what we’d be doing today. Being close to her this morning was already making me conscious. I don’t know how I would pose in front of the camera while trying to act like we’re a happy couple about to get married. I’m not used to that. I don’t know how to do that.

“We might’ve to kiss later”

I placed my glass of milk on the table as I coughed hard when what she said surprised me so much. I pushed out of the dining table and ran to the kitchen to get water, coughing hard when I choked on my milk.

“Are you okay?” Miss Kim suddenly appeared beside me and patted on my back.

I drank water right away and cleared down my pipe. I was still coughing but it wasn’t as terrible as earlier. I drank more water before I breathed deeply while Miss Kim continued to pat on my back.

“Are you okay, Wheein? What’s wrong?”

I gulped hard before I nervously looked at her. “We have to kiss?”

Miss Kim always has this intense stare that it looked almost like a glare. And in that moment, I could say that she’s glaring at me, but the longer I stared, the longer I saw something else in her eyes. Was it disappointment? Was she dumbfounded? Was she mad at me? I don’t know. She’s very hard to read even when we’ve lived under the same roof for weeks and known each other for months. I wanted to know her further because I think that’s the only way to completely understand her stares at me.

“We’re supposed to be in a relationship. Married. It won’t be convincing if we don’t touch one another or even kiss with people watching us” Miss Kim explained while my eyes nervously bounced in between her eyes.

Of course, we have to do those things! Why didn’t I think of these before?

“Those things would only be limited with people watching us. There’s no need to pretend if we have no audience. However, I don’t want to force you to do something you don’t want to do” Miss Kim said gently while I continued to stare at her and analyze her face.

Her eyebrows were scrunched in the middle. Normally, I would say she’s mad at me because of how her eyebrows furrowed. However, I could tell that she’s worried. The intensity in her eyes just told me she’s worried. She also spoke her words gently and slowly so that I would understand her, like that night when she said that she’s going to protect and take care of me.

“You don’t have to do it if you don’t want to”

“We… Ah… I think… We have to, Miss Kim. I’m okay with it”

“I’m not forcing you, Wheein”

I closed my eyes and sighed heavily. She’s paying me too much and I’m doing so little. It seems unfair on her part and I have to play the role as well. She’s helping me and if I could somehow compensate for all the help she willingly gave, I’d gladly do it. I just have a problem.

I sighed heavily and shyly met her gaze again. “I’m okay with it, Miss Kim. I just don’t know how”

Her eyebrows furrowed as she stood up straight. “What do you mean?”

“I’ve never kissed anyone. I don’t know how” I whispered as I bent my head low from embarrassment.

“You’ve never kissed anyone?” she asked in disbelief.

I shut my eyes tightly and gulped hard. “I haven’t”

“I see…” Miss Kim whispered softly while I slowly opened my eyes and glanced at her nervously. “You’ve kissed your Mom on the cheek and forehead. It’s just like that, but on the lips”

“Okay…” I whispered softly, absentmindedly nodding when the thought of kissing Miss Kim on the lips makes me extremely nervous.

“Practice on me”

“What?!” I exclaimed, my eyes widening as I raised my eyebrows at her.

“Would you prefer to practice on someone else?” she asked as her eyebrows went up, finding me amusing.

“No” I shook my head right away.

“Then practice on me”

“No,” I said again. When I saw her eyebrows twitch, I gulped hard before I rambled, “I mean… I don’t… I can’t…” I stopped rambling when one side of her lips slightly tipped up in a really tiny smirk. I glanced at her eyes and saw them twinkling from the light coming in through the window. I glanced down at her lips again, but felt disappointed when I couldn’t see the tiny smirk anymore.

“Cup my cheeks” Miss Kim suddenly instructed while I stared at her from confusion. “Raise your palms up and cup my cheeks. Tilt your head just a little bit to the side then kiss my lips”

“I… Should I… Can we… Am I… I should do that?” I asked, stuttering from nervousness while my hands trembled.

Miss Kim took a step closer to me while her eyes could easily melt me. There’s something else in her eyes that I’ve just seen now. I haven't seen this before so I have no clue what her gaze meant. It’s so powerful that it knocked me breathless for a short while.

I nervously took a step back but her arm went around my back and pulled me closer to her. “Do it now. It would be harder with people watching us soon, so you have to get used to it now”

“Okay…” I whispered softly. My eyes widened before I tried to move around her as I mumbled, “But I haven’t brushed my teeth yet, Miss Kim. Let me just…”

“Do it, Wheein.” She said it gently but there’s something commanding about her voice that I instantly stopped moving. I could only nod at her.

I breathed deeply, feeling my heart pounding in my chest while Miss Kim held me steady. Her eyes never left mine as she waited for me to kiss her.

I huffed a nervous breath before I slowly raised my hands to her cheeks. She never flinched and just watched me closely. I slowly leaned my face forward while Miss Kim continued to just look at me. I glanced down at her lips and tilted my head to the side like she told before I narrowed the gap and kissed her lips.

Another arm went around me as she said, “Do it again. Don’t pull back right away and I’ll kiss you back this time”

My eyes briefly widened when she said that before I nodded at her. I leaned closer to her again and this time, Miss Kim was slowly leaning to me as well. I glanced at her lips and saw her lips slightly opening. I kissed her lips the second time and felt her lips moving on mine. When we pulled back after a second, my bottom lip was softly being pulled by her before she released it.

I found my breaths turning shallow and loud when we pulled away from the kiss. I stared at Miss Kim’s eyes again. Her gaze was even more intense now than a second ago. I still felt awkward and conscious if I did the right thing or not.

“Do it again and just follow my lead. Move your lips on mine. If it helps, close your eyes. I’ll be closing mine as well”

I nodded before I unconsciously ran my tongue on my lips. I don’t know if it’s because of the pounding of my heart and the ringing in my ears, but her voice sounded breathless to me.

Miss Kim’s arms around me tightened before she leaned closer to me. I closed my eyes when her face was near to me then I felt her lips again. Miss Kim’s lips were moving slowly on mine as she kissed me softly and I matched my movements with her.

Her arms tightened around me and pulled me even closer to her to the point that our bodies were completely attached to each other. I wrapped my arms around her shoulders while one of my hands naturally went through her hair and held the back of her head. I had to grip my other hand onto her shoulders when I’m starting to lose strength in my legs.

The longer the kiss went, the more I could taste the coffee from her lips. There’s a reason why I don’t drink coffee. One is because it makes my hands tremble so bad to the point that it’s hard to play instruments. And two, because it’s bitter. I don’t know why but I like tasting the coffee on Miss Kim’s lips though.

I grunted and stopped kissing Miss Kim when she suddenly lifted me up. I was surprised at first but Miss Kim continued to kiss me so I went back to kissing her again. She sat me on the countertop and stood in between my legs.

It felt intimate the first time I was in her house and she showed me a part of her personal life. I thought that was the peak of it. I was wrong. Kissing her and her kissing me was way more intimate than that. I never even realized that I’d like to be kissed but she handled me gently. Her arms around me kept me steady and I felt protected, knowing that it’s her. The longer the kiss lasted, the more I’m moving deep into her soul, moving past all the layers that I couldn’t figure out yet, and went buried deep inside her. I felt like I’m burying her deep in my soul

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter