Chapter Twenty

When We Lie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jung Wheein and Kim Yongsun spotted together again with Kim Dohoon

 

After a week of not seeing Jung Wheein and Kim Yongsun together when their controversial arrangement blew up, the two have been spotted together again in Olympus together with Kim Yongsun’s father, Kim Dohoon. From the photos, Jung Wheein looked so close with Kim Dohoon and was seen laughing and smiling with the KGC President’s father. The three exited Olympus together and were spotted next in the nursing home where Jung Wheein’s mother was currently staying. 

For the past week, the two stayed quiet when their contract leaked all over the country. It was said that the two flew back to Korea on the night that the contract was leaked online. Kim Yongsun continued to show up to work while Jung Wheein was said to be in hiding. It was said that Kim Yongsun allegedly rented an entire floor in an apartment building where Jung Wheein stayed on the week that she wasn’t spotted with Kim Yongsun in public. Tenants in the apartment building testified that they spotted the two in the building a couple of times before Jung Wheein was said to move back in again with Kim Yongsun.

Former fans of Jung Wheein that were dismayed after the contract was leaked said that they still do not trust the singer. Some of her fans that remained loyal said and believed that what she and Kim Yongsun have was real despite the presence of the contract. Others shared their opinion that Jung Wheein is still working under Kim Yongsun and that they are still pretending while others think otherwise. Employees from Olympus said that the contract may be real but the marriage was also real. They also said that Kim Yongsun might’ve broken the contract with Jung Wheein already but stayed married with her. There are mixed opinions about the said matter while Kim Yongsun and Jung Wheein remained silent about this.

 

Mr. Cho arrived in the house right after we had breakfast. He said that Yong’s father called him to drive us to Olympus. Yong was relieved since she was still tired from yesterday and doesn’t have the heart to drive to Olympus because she’s still mad about our postponed date. Atty. Park drove her car to the house so she’d be riding with us separately on our way there.

Yong wore a black turtleneck shirt to cover the marks that I gave her last night. I don’t have a turtleneck shirt so I wore my hoodie instead. I used its hood and my hair to cover the marks she gave to me on my neck. I was nervous about today’s meeting but I’m also exhausted from last night that I don’t have the energy to feel nervous yet.

“Miss Kim, Miss Jung, we’re here already,” Mr. Cho said from the driver’s seat.

I sighed heavily as I slowly opened my eyes and saw him smiling at us through the rear view mirror. I pouted at him while he only smiled wider before he got out of the car to open the backseat door. Yong, on the other hand, snuggled her face to my hair and hugged me tighter.

I sat up straight and patted her arms that were around my waist. “Yong… We’re here” I said to her while she only groaned loudly, making me laugh at her.

“Dad better make this meeting worth it” she mumbled before she sighed heavily and sat up.

She moved out of the car first while I followed behind her. She held my hand right away while I fixed my hood and hair to make sure that my neck wasn't showing up. Yong walked us inside and nodded on the guards by the entrance while I bowed at them.

“Welcome to Olympus” she whispered excitedly as she smiled so wide at me.

“I thought you’re tired,” I said while I giggled at her. “I’ve been here before. Why are you acting like this is my first time?”

“Let me show you the falls by the cafeteria”

“I already saw that. What’s wrong with you?”

She laced her arm around my waist and pulled me closer to her as she directed us to the falls instead at the hallway of elevators. She kissed my cheek before she said, “Just let me. I was always busy when you came here. I never get to properly tour you here”

She made me walk in front of her and held my shoulders, pushing me gently forward. There were employees greeting us and since Yong was still holding onto my shoulders, I could only shyly nod at them to greet them back. Despite our controversy, the employees in Olympus still welcomed me here. I don’t know what they thought about it but Olympus seemed like our safe haven.

I briefly glanced at her behind before I faced the front again. “It would take us days for you to properly tour me around Olympus. We still have to go see your father”

“Just this one. You said you love the falls. We’ll just visit the pond later since you said that you love that one too” she said, pulling me back to her again.

She wrapped her arms around my shoulder while she leaned her chin on my shoulder. We started walking like that towards the falls. I could only giggle at her. She’s surprisingly moving restlessly from excitement when she was so down a few seconds ago. I’m not complaining though. I love seeing a happy Yong always.

When we reached the falls, she removed her arms around me but still leaned her chin on my shoulder. She held my hands and interlaced our fingers together. I kissed her temple before I leaned my cheek on the side of her head.

“Let’s stay here for a second. Sodam said Byul and Hyejin would be coming here too. Let’s wait for the three of them before we headed to my office”

“Okay…” I closed my eyes and listened to the calming sounds of the water in front of us.

“The agency where Sam is right now still wants to sign a contract with you” she whispered, breaking the silence between us. “Let’s go over that with Sodam tomorrow so you can start singing again”

I sighed heavily as I stared at the falls in front of us. “You think I can still do it?” I nervously whispered to her.

She wrapped her arms around my waist and pulled me closer to her. She kissed my cheek and kissed it repeatedly. She never stopped until she heard me giggling at her. “Of course, Whee. You’re amazing. As much as I wanted to keep your talents to myself, I don’t want to stop you from pursuing your dreams. You need to be out there too and I’m always here to support you. Hyejin will support you as well. I know Byul and Sodam too, as well as my secretaries, your bandmates and friends, and my family”

I placed my arms on top of hers before I closed my eyes and leaned my head on her again. “I’ll keep that in mind. Thank you… I don’t know what I’d do without you”

She squeezed me in her arms tightly. “I’d be lost without you too.” She held my waist and turned me around so I’d be facing her. She smiled at me as she said, “Show them what they lost when they withdrew their contract offer with you.” She kissed my forehead before she whispered, “Show them how amazing you are”

I gulped hard and bent my head low, trying to hide my blush from her. I closed my eyes and groaned loudly when I heard her laughing at me. She wrapped her arms around my waist while I snuggled my face on her neck.

“Baby, you’re blushing”

“Yong…” I whined at her and hugged her back as well.

“Did I make you blush?”

“Yong…” I whined again while she laughed louder this time.

We walked back to the main lobby again when she received a call from Atty. Park that they were already waiting by the elevators. I smiled when I saw Hyejin and waved at her. I walked ahead of Yong to greet Miss Moon and Atty. Park. Then I hugged Hyejin while she hugged me back and laughed at my excitement.

“Why is Yongsun wearing a turtleneck shirt?” she whispered while I shook my head at her and shut my mouth tight. A teasing smirk formed on her lips while she playfully narrowed her eyes at me. “Did you…”

“No” I denied right away and shook my head vigorously. I didn’t let her finish the question because I know where she’s heading with it already. I groaned and covered my face with both of my hands when Hyejin laughed louder. “Stop it…” I muttered and felt her pat my head.

“I see someone had a fun night”

“Shut up” I muttered while she chuckled at me.

Luckily, one of the elevators finally opened and ended Hyejin’s teasing on me. I bent my head low and pouted at the floor as we walked inside the elevator. All five of us stayed at the very back of the elevator. I was standing in front of Yong while her arms were around my waist. She leaned her chin on my shoulder again and gently swayed us from one foot to the other.

She suddenly stopped us from swaying and snuggled her face on my neck before she sighed heavily. I glanced at her but I couldn’t see her face since it’s completely covered from my view. I held her arms and kissed the side of her head instead.

“Whee…”

“Yong…”

She propped her chin on my shoulder before she asked, “Have you thought about holding a wedding ceremony?”

“No… Why?”

“I’ve been thinking…” she whispered softly but didn’t continue and finish her statement.

“You want one?” I asked.

“Yeah… We never had one. Let’s have one. Then we’ll go on a honeymoon too. Let’s go outside of the country so no one will disturb us”

I pouted at her before I asked , “Wouldn’t that cost a lot?”

“You know money is not a problem, right?”

“With you, no. But that doesn’t mean you’d spend a lot just because you can. Our marriage is still effective, right? We never signed and filed for divorce. Atty. Park said this morning that she’ll throw the divorce form away. Why do we need to hold a wedding, Yong?”

“But your Mom would be there. We’ll ask one of the nurses in the facility to accompany her. Dad would be there too. My family would be there. Your friends would be there. I’ll organize everything so all you have to do is tell me what you want”

“Yong…”

“Is it wrong to have one, Whee? Come on… I’m sure your Mom would be happy to see you on that day”

I closed my eyes and softly groaned. There’s no way I could win an argument with her, especially if she’s using Mom as one of her reasons. Mom would definitely be happy, without a doubt. But she’s not asking my opinion in this matter anymore. She’s just simply informing me because she wanted to have one. I wanted one too, but knowing her, she’d be spending a lot for the wedding and honeymoon, and I don’t like that.

“Fine… but let’s not make it expensive. Please, Yong”

She showered kisses on my cheeks as she excitedly said, “Thank you. I love you, Whee…”

“You’re making Wheein spoil you, Yongsun” Atty. Park said beside us.

“Is that how she wins an argument with you, Wheein?” Miss Moon asked on the other side.

“We’re not arguing,” Yong said, her voice turning serious. “We never argued at all”

“The only reason why you never argued is because Wheein always compromises for you. That’s how you can always make her spoil yourself so you can get what you want” Atty. Park said.

Hyejin was silently laughing beside us, enjoying herself as she listened to them. I stayed silent and just listened to them as well. I’ve never seen Yong interact with Miss Moon and Atty. Park together. I’ve seen her with Miss Moon during the photoshoot and Atty. Park when we’re signing the contracts. The three of them we’re together when we shot our prenup and wedding photos but they didn’t interact that much. For this one, they’re just casually talking to each other. But more like, the two of them are teasing Yong together.

“I also give Wheein what she wants,” Yong insisted.

“Which is nothing. From what I clearly remember, Wheein doesn’t demand or ask anything from you at all. You’re the one who’s asking so much of her” Atty. Park said.

“That’s not true”

“Then name at least one thing you gave to Wheein that she wanted, that she asked, or she requested from you”

“When she wants me to see her mother when we made…”

“That doesn’t count,” Atty. Park said, interrupting Yong. “That was more of a need on Wheein’s part than a want. Name something else”

“Me” Yong said nonchalantly as she shrugged her shoulders. “She wants me and I gave myself to her. Right, baby?”

“Are you kidding me right now?” Atty. Park asked Yong.

“Wheein, is she always like this when she’s with you?” Miss Moon whispered beside me.

“What’s wrong about it?!” Yong asked.

I nodded at Miss Moon before I whispered, “Sometimes… ”

“She likes it when I’m like this. Look! She’s even blushing” Yong said, hugging me tightly in her arms as she kissed my cheek.

I closed my eyes and groaned loudly. I want to hide myself, but with Yong still holding me, I couldn’t move and do that. Why does she have to point it out?

“I don’t think she likes it when she’s blushing like that” Atty. Park argued.

“She does!” Yong turned me around to face her. I immediately snuggled my face below her chin to hide my blush. “Don’t you like it when I’m being sweet?”

“There’s a fine line between being sweet and being cheesy. And right now, you’re not definitely being sweet, Yongsun” Miss Moon said as she laughed softly.

I could hear Hyejin and Atty. Park laughing as well. I pushed my face on Yong’s neck and hugged her tighter as I groaned again. I wanted to be gone and invisible right now.

“I think she’s embarrassed of you, Yongsun” Atty. Park said amusingly.

“Are you embarrassed right now?” Yong asked me.

“I am” I mumbled, my voice muffled by her shirt.

“Stop laughing. I can’t hear what my wife is saying” Yong said between clenched teeth from irritation. Hyejin and Atty. Park’s laughs died down right away and turned to soft chuckles while I could still hear Miss Moon shamelessly laughing out loud. “Byul! Shut it!” Yong said before I heard a loud smack and a groan from Miss Moon.

“Why are you hitting me?!”

“Shut it,” Yong said before she sighed heavily and wrapped both of her arms around me again. “Are you embarrassed right now?” she whispered right into my ear.

“I am…”

“Was it because of me?”

“Partly… I’m embarrassed because I can’t hide my blush”

“But you seemed to like what I said earlier and when we’re at the falls too even when you were blushing”

“What you said was fine. It was cheesy but it’s fine…”

“I was just telling the truth”

I sighed heavily and pulled away from her neck when I heard the worry in her voice. I pouted at her while she frowned at me and worriedly scanned her eyes all over my face. “I know… You know I’m generally shy, so even if what you said is really sweet, I’d still get embarrassed, Yong. Please don’t worry too much”

“Do you want me to stop?”

“No” I answered right away. “Just don’t worry about it too much, okay? I’m not embarrassed of you. I’m just embarrassed”

“Okay…” She sighed heavily before she quickly kissed my pouting lips.

“I still can’t believe she could make you second guess yourself” Atty. Park whispered beside us just as the elevator doors opened.

“Yeah… ing Jung Wheein…” she whispered under her breath but with a huge smile on her lips. I pouted at her while everyone else laughed out loud.

She held my hand again as we walked beside each other out of the elevator and headed to her office. Hyejin, Atty. Park, and Miss Moon were right behind us. She opened the door to her office and let me in first.

I smiled when I saw that her seven secretaries were still working despite her on leave. I waved and greeted them back when they looked so excited to see me again. It’s like nothing happened. I know they had no idea about our contract before it got leaked and I know they knew about it now, but it still felt like nothing happened. I was worried about how her employees and secretaries would act when we reach here but as I mentioned before, Olympus is like our safe haven outside of her house.

I gulped hard and moved closer to Yong when we neared her office now. Her secretaries already mentioned that her father is already waiting for us. I was tired before and I still am now, but knowing that we’re here already, my nervousness was activated. Yong squeezed my hand and smiled at me before she opened the door to her office.

“Dad! We’re here. What do you want to talk about?” Yong said right away.

I bowed at Mr. Kim while Yong leaned down and kissed his cheek. He nodded when he saw me and I bowed at him again, gulping hard as I averted his gaze.

“Sit down first. I’m still waiting for some people” Mr. Kim said.

Yong sat me down at the very end of the couch, near her father before she sat down beside me. Then she laid down and rested her head on my lap before she pushed her face to my tummy as she sighed heavily.

My eyes widened as I nervously scanned my eyes around the room. Since Yong occupied the whole couch, Hyejin, Miss Moon and Atty. Park sat across us. I nervously glanced at Mr. Kim but he’s just looking at Yong with an amused glint in his eyes.

I glanced at Yong again who’s curled up on the couch with her eyes closed. I softly patted her arm as I whispered, “Yong… What are you doing?”

“He told us to wait, so I’m waiting” she mumbled, grabbing my hand and placing it on her cheek.

“Why are you lying down? Sit up…” I whispered as I pouted at her.

“I’m tired”

“But you were just so excited one second ago. You’re tired again?”

She sighed heavily and grabbed my hand to hold it before she laid on her back. “We’re supposed to be out on a date right now” she mumbled, slightly pouting at me while I bit my bottom lip and tried not to smile at her. Her cheeks look especially squishy at this angle when she lies down. “We’re not supposed to be here waiting. We’re supposed to be with your Mom right now. I just want to take you out on a simple date. Why can’t I do that too?”

I silently chuckled at her as I continued to watch her ramble. Her eyebrows were furrowing while she frowned at me.

She stared at my hands, frowning and glaring at it as she traced my knuckles. “Someone always ruins my plans. Even during our anniversary in Japan, we couldn’t even reach the Ogura Pond. I reserved the whole place for us both but someone just has to…”

“What?!” I exclaimed, my eyes widening while she stopped playing with my hands and repeatedly blinked her eyes at me. “You reserved the whole place? Is that the reason why there were no other tourists when we got there?”

“You’re not supposed to know that”

I pouted at her as I asked, “How much did you pay?”

She shook her head as she gulped hard and said, “I didn’t pay them anything. I just donated money for a CSR project”

“That’s the same thing. How much did you pay them?”

“I didn’t pay them”

I glanced at Hyejin across from us. All three of them were already silently laughing at Yong, their shoulders trembling so badly. “How much did she pay them?” I asked Hyejin who was already covering with her eyes closed while she held her stomach.

Yong suddenly sat up and pointed at Hyejin. “Don’t answer that,” she said before she turned her attention to me. She moved closer to me and wrapped her arms around my waist, hugging me from the side before she kissed my cheek. “Whee… I just wanted the whole place to ourselves that time”

“We can’t always have a place to ourselves all the time, Yong”

“I know…”

“Then stop spending so much money on me. Please…” I whispered as I continued to pout at her.

She snuggled her face to my neck as she sighed heavily. “You know I can’t promise that”

“Yong…” I closed my eyes and groaned from frustration. “Why do you have to be so rich?” I whispered under my breath while she only chuckled at me.

“Told you she’d be mad at you for that” Hyejin said in between fits of laughter.

“You’re not helping, Hyej” Yong grumbled on my neck. She sighed heavily as she placed her arm around my shoulders and leaned back on the couch. She made me lean my head on her shoulder while I held her other hand, pouting hard at it. She kissed my forehead before she whispered, “It’s already done, baby. Don’t be mad at me anymore”

“That’s what you also said when you bought the piano, soundproofed the library, bought me so many clothes, and transferred me to a bigger apartment before the first time I moved in with you. I think there’s still more that you bought for me that I didn’t know because you didn’t tell me.” I closed my eyes and sighed heavily again. “I don’t know what to do anymore if I’d discover more of it”

“Are you going to divorce me because of that?”

“No… I just don’t want you to think that I love you because of your money. Mom would also scold me if I’d do that”

She laughed softly as she showered kisses all over my face, surprising me for a second. “I married the right person” she whispered in between kisses while I smiled and giggled at her. “I love you, baby. I love you so much”

“Stop it…” I whispered and tried to push her away from me. “Everyone’s watching us. This is embarrassing, Yong. Your father’s here too” I whispered, wanting to stop her but at the same time, loving the sloppy kisses she’s giving me all over my face.

She chuckled softly and placed a long kiss on my forehead before she leaned her head on mine. “Was it two days ago that we visited your Mom?”

“Yeah… Why?”

“When you went out of the room to deal with her papers, I asked permission from your Mom if I could return to having a black hair”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter