Chapter Five

When We Lie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Yongsun’s alleged Female has been Identified

 

The KGC President Kim Yongsun has been spotted multiple times with her female , Jung Wheein whose name has been confirmed by the restaurant owner she worked at. It has also been confirmed that every night Jung Wheein sings in the restaurant, the KGC President is always present. The two would share a meal in the restaurant before they would exit the restaurant together.

Kim Yongsun would drive the female singer in the apartment that the president rented herself. A lot of the tenants in the building have confirmed Kim Yongsun’s appearance in the building multiple times as well. Kim Yongsun would stay for a couple hours in the female singer’s apartment before she’d leave in a hurry.

Many fans of Eric Nam have been devastated about this discovery. Fans from Kim Yongsun’s lineup of suitors expressed their dismay as well. Many speculate that this is the very reason why Kim Yongsun remains indifferent towards her male suitors. That she’s not into men.

 

It’s moving day again for me.

I woke up really early this morning to pack all my things. Miss Kim instructed me to leave all my furniture and appliances because I won’t need that when I’m staying in her house. She said that she’d either sell it or donate them.

Instead of sending a truck this time, she only sent Mr. Cho to pick me up. What I only packed were my clothes, shoes, toiletries, and my remaining grocery. Miss Kim told me that Hyejin will handle the couch, bed, and refrigerator I left in the apartment so I don’t have to worry about them.

I inserted my arms in the straps of my bag that contained my phone, wallet, and other important things. I placed my bag of groceries on top of one of my suitcases. Then I lifted a huge bag full of my shoes and slung it on my shoulder before I held onto two of my suitcases. I rolled the suitcases out of the apartment first before I closed the door behind me.

I wheeled the suitcases on either side of me as I walked to the elevator. I pressed the button for the lobby before I shifted to lift up the bag of shoes when it’s slipping down my shoulder. I hurriedly walked out of the elevator and saw Mr. Cho waiting right outside of the building.

I struggled to bow at him with all the things I’m carrying before I smiled and said, “Good morning, Mr. Cho”

He hurriedly bowed before he grabbed two of my suitcases. “Good morning, Miss Jung. Let me help you with that”

“Oh, I can handle them…” I whispered, but shut my mouth close when he already grabbed my suitcases. “It’s okay, Mr. Cho. I can handle them.” I followed him to the trunk of the car.

He opened it and carefully laid my suitcases and bag of groceries inside the trunk. Then he grabbed my bag of shoes from me and placed it beside my suitcases before he closed it. He went to the passenger seat next and opened the door for me. For someone who’s older than me, Mr. Cho moved so fast, steady, and efficiently.

I bowed at him on my way inside the car and said, “Thank you”

“No problem, Miss Jung” he said before he closed the door for me while I fastened my seatbelt.

It’s still really early in the morning. The sun isn’t even fully out yet. The skies were tainted with a tinge of orange, yellow, purple, and dark blue. It’s wonderful to witness the skies like this. It’s somehow made the world peaceful.

“Miss Kim told me to grab some breakfast for you, Miss Jung. Where would you want to go?” Mr. Cho asked as he drove us away from the apartment building.

“Oh, no. I’m good, Mr. Cho. Thank you”

“But Miss Kim specifically instructed me to get you breakfast, Miss Jung” Mr. Cho said, glancing at me through the rear view mirror.

I smiled at him as I shook my head. “It’s okay. I cook my own food, Mr. Cho. Home-cooked meals are always the cheapest”

“She also said that she’d pay for it so you don’t have to worry about money”

I smiled wider and shook my head again. “Have you eaten breakfast, Mr. Cho?”

“I… Ah…” he whispered unsurely as he eyed me through the rearview mirror again. “Not yet, Miss Jung”

“Okay…” I whispered softly as I stared outside the window, searching for the small bakeshop on this street. I smiled when I spotted the place and pointed at it. “Can you stop by here for a second, Mr. Cho?”

“Yes, Miss Jung”

I unfastened my seatbelt and pulled the door open once the car had completely stopped. I closed the door and walked inside the bakeshop. “Good morning, Mrs. Lee” I said as I bowed at the owner.

“Wheein! Hi! Here to grab the usual?” Mrs. Lee said as she greeted me with a warm smile.

“Yes, Mrs. Lee, but double the order this time. I’m giving some to Mr. Cho.” I grabbed my wallet inside my bag and pulled out some cash to pay for the bread.

“I always prepare the ones that are fresh from the oven for you, Wheein”

Mrs. Lee has welcomed me inside her store when I always buy bread from her early in the morning. She even taught me how to bake bread one time. Since there were no ovens in the apartment, I’d just knead my own in the apartment and bring it to Mrs. Lee’s bakeshop to bake my bread. She’d tasted my bread and would comment on what I lack or overdid.

I’m always vacant since I don’t work that much anymore. I’d sometimes come into Mrs. Lee’s bakeshop to learn how to bake and help her. Her son used to help her lift things for her or reached something from high up or down low because she had hurt her back. Since her son had started work away from their bakery, Mrs. Lee has been having a hard time now. That’s why I offered to help since I’m not doing anything else.

“Thank you, Mrs. Lee,” I said before I pouted at her. “I might not be able to buy your bread from now on, Mrs. Lee. I’m moving out now. I’m sorry”

Mrs. Lee smiled at me as she packed my order. She even put some extra bread inside before she handed the paper bag to me. “It’s okay, Wheein. Thank you for always buying my breads here”

I handed her the payment but she shook her head and passed the bag to me. The bag has warmed up from the freshly baked bread inside. “I’m paying, Mrs. Lee. Please accept it. You even placed more bread inside in” I whined at her while still handing her the payment.

“It’s okay, Wheein”

“Are you sure?” I said as I frowned at her.

She smiled so wide before she shooed me out of her bakeshop. “It’s fine. Take care of yourself, Wheein. I always wish you well. Thank you for always helping me here” She smiled and patted my head while I just pouted at her.

“Thank you too, Mrs. Lee” I whispered, sighing heavily as I bowed at her again. “I’ll try to come by if I could.” I waved at Mrs. Lee and bowed at her one last time before I walked back to Mr. Cho. I grabbed a piece of bread in the bag before I handed the paper bag to Mr. Cho. “Try this one, Mr. Cho. They’re delicious, even more since they’re still warm”

“It’s okay, Miss Jung. I still have to drive you” Mr. Cho said, eyeing the bag I handed to him while he held the door open.

“Try one first. You must be hungry already. They’re yummy. I promise” I mumbled while chewing on the bread I’m already eating. I smiled at him and nodded my head in encouragement as I moved the bag closer to him.

He reluctantly grabbed a piece of bread before he whispered, “Thank you, Miss Jung”

“Try it!” I said excitedly as I looked at him expectantly. He took a bite and chewed on his bread while I smiled wider. “How was it?”

“They’re delicious, Miss Jung” he said, nodding his head as he gave me a small smile.

“I told you. Grab one more. I bought two for each of us. Wait…” I finished the bread I’m holding and grabbed one from inside. I closed the bag and handed it to Mr. Cho. “You can have the rest in there. Mrs. Lee gave me extra bread.” I smiled at Mr. Cho who’s surprised and confused before I bowed to him and went inside the car. I fastened my seatbelt again while Mr. Cho closed the door for me.

“Thank you, Miss Jung,” Mr. Cho said when he got inside the car.

“I hope you enjoy them, Mr. Cho,” I said to him before I ate the bread I had on my hand.

 

We reached what felt like a village or subdivision. Mr. Cho stopped by a gate that’s guarded and had to wait for the gates to be pulled open. My mouth hung open when the gates automatically moved on their own.

Once fully opened, Mr. Cho moved the car again. My mouth remained open when I caught a sight of the different houses inside the village. Some are so huge that it felt like mansions. I’ve seen even more expensive cars parked in garages. There are also houses that’s made of glass. All I could see was glass. It even sparkled when the sun hit it. Miss Kim’s castle still looked grander but I couldn’t imagine living in a luxurious house liked the ones we passed by.

I gulped hard when Mr. Cho parked in front of a huge house. It’s not completely wrapped with glass. There are glass windows and a portion of the house that’s glass from top to bottom. I could see a tree inside through the glass wall.

“We’re here, Miss Jung,” Mr. Cho said while I gulped hard and ran my tongue on my lips when my throat and lips went dry just by staring at Miss Kim’s house.

This is Miss Kim’s house! I’m supposed to live here! How am I supposed to live here?!

“Okay…” I whispered softly. I timidly moved out of the car when Mr. Cho opened the door for me.

“I’ll carry your bags, Miss Jung. Miss Kim is already waiting for you in the living room”

“Okay” I whispered again before I gulped hard. I stepped back so Mr. Cho could close the door but I stayed standing as I glanced at the house again. I thought the apartment I was staying at was already too much. This is too much. So much.

“Miss Jung, Miss Kim is waiting for you inside,” Mr. Cho said again.

I glanced at him and saw him already unloaded all my things out of the trunk. I followed behind Mr. Cho since I don’t want to go inside the house by myself. I carried my grocery bag while Mr. Cho refused to let me carry the rest of my stuff. I’m too nervous to argue so I relented and just allowed him to carry my things.

The front door suddenly opened and I saw Miss Kim waiting for us by the front door. She’s already dressed for work and was probably waiting for us so Mr. Cho could drive her to work. I bowed at her immediately before I continued to follow Mr. Cho.

“Are these all your things?” Miss Kim asked once we stepped inside the house.

“Yes, Miss Kim” I whispered while she closed the door behind me.

She handed me some indoor slippers while I tried not to let my mouth hang open when I saw the inside of the house. I wore the slippers she handed to me before I timidly followed her inside.

The doorstep was made of cement before the start of the wooden floor that’s slightly elevated compared to the doorstep. A shoe cabinet was on the side where all the indoor slippers were located. Mr. Cho went ahead inside the house, carrying my suitcases and shoe bag while I stayed with Miss Kim.

“Come in. I’m giving you a tour inside the house before I’ll go to work” Miss Kim said and motioned for me to follow her.

The entire first floor of the house is a huge open space, in which the living room, the kitchen, and dining area were located. The floors are all wooden while the walls are cream colored. On the far end of the house was a wall of glass door sliders that overlooked a swimming pool.

“This is the kitchen and dining area,” Miss Kim said.

The moment I got inside the house, I could see everything at once. The first thing that we’d reach is the kitchen and dining area. On our right, a long kitchen island is located and a complete set of kitchen equipment with a double-doored refrigerator. Right beside it is a long dining table with a wall of glass cabinets that stored various wine bottles. There are also doors by the dining area that Miss Kim said leads to a bathroom and a laundry room.

“You said you cooked your own meals, right?” Miss Kim while I just nodded my head as I stared at the kitchen. “You can use the kitchen whenever you want so you could cook your meals”

“I can do that?” I asked, my eyes widening as I glanced at her.

She nodded before she asked, “You know how to use them?”

I pointed at the kitchen and whispered, “This looked far more modern than what I used but I think I could figure them out. They still have the same function, just…” I gulped hard before I whispered, “Expensive”

“Place your grocery bag on the countertop. You can arrange them later after we’re done with the tour” Miss Kim instructed while I lifted my bag and slowly placed it on the counter.

Across the kitchen is the huge tree that I’ve seen outside the house. The addition of the entire tree made the house luxurious, at the same time, tone down all the modern appliances inside the house through its earthy look. A huge flatscreen television is mounted on the wall with couches and a coffee table in front of it.

What I also noticed when I got inside the house is that Miss Kim’s pictures are everywhere. It didn’t look like ordinary pictures though. They looked like they came from photoshoots. It’s like her house is a gallery of Miss Kim herself.

When we walked in the living room, I could see dozen

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter