Epilogue

When We Lie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I brushed back my bangs before I wore my beanie as I walked out of the changing room. Yong changed ahead of me since I had to finish a few shots when Byul told me she wanted to redo some of my solo shots. She’s on her phone right now, eyebrows furrowed from concentration while her back was to me. I crossed my arms in front of me and leaned on the doorframe of the changing room as I stared at her.

We’re doing another exclusive photoshoot and interview for our upcoming second wedding anniversary with Moonlark. She told me that Chorong has been asking for another photoshoot with us a few days after our contract was leaked, but she doesn’t want to do one yet since she’s busy after her father officially retired and officially passed to her the presidency while I’m also busy with making songs and debuting. We don’t actually appear in interviews together often. I rarely appear in interviews as well. I’m only out in public when I’m promoting or when I received an invitation to sing in shows.

Yong went back to having a black hair as well. I remembered that she was very intimidating with her blonde hair. That was before I saw her with her black hair. She’s beautiful but she’s more intimidating now. Mom told her that she likes the long black hair on Yong. And Mom still recognized her so easily even with the changes of her appearance than me. Her own daughter.

“You’ve been staring,” Yong said without looking up from her phone.

“Was I not allowed to?”

She looked away from her phone to look at me through the mirror in front of her. I smiled even wider at her while she just continued to stare at me. If this was two years ago, I’d cower away from her gaze. She’s really intimidating.

Then she suddenly cracked a huge smile. Her intense gaze softened right away. Her eyes turned into small slits while creases formed at the corners of her eyes. Her dimples right below her lips showed themselves. Her intimidating gaze was gone all at once when she smiled so brightly like that.

“Come here” she said, putting her phone on the table in front of her before she turned her chair around.

I pushed myself off the doorframe and walked towards her. She held my hands and made me sit on her lap. I ran my fingers through her black hair while she closed her eyes and sighed in content. I placed my thumbs on her dimples, tracing them before I wrapped my arms around her shoulders.

She patted my beanie before she whispered, “You’re still so lazy in fixing your bangs”

I pouted at her as I said, “But at least I’m not wearing caps anymore. You could still see my face clearly”

She chuckled softly as she brought her hand up on the back of my head. Then she slowly pulled my face to her and placed a soft kiss right on my lips. “And kiss you whenever I want to” she whispered before she showered my lips with kisses, making me giggle at her.

“Aren’t we supposed…” I paused when she trapped my bottom lip in between her, placing a long kiss on my lips this time. When she finally released my lips, I giggled at her while she smiled so wide. “Aren’t we supposed to go back after we changed?” I asked, completing the question that she didn’t let me finish a second ago.

She pulled me closer to her and hugged me tightly. I leaned my chin on top of her head and hugged her back. “Let’s stay here for a while. We deserved a break too” she whispered.

“Okay…”

I started running my hand on her hair again, caressing it while she’s rubbing her hand on my back. I leaned my lips on top of her head and closed my eyes. We’ve been in the studio for the whole day. We still have work to do but it’s already tiring. Yong was even receiving calls during her break so I know she’s definitely tired already while still in the middle of the photoshoot.

I stopped caressing my hand on Yong’s hair and opened my eyes when we heard a knock on the door. She stopped rubbing her hand on my back too. She hugged me tightly before she sighed heavily.

The door in our shared dressing room opened. I tilted my head towards its direction and leaned my cheek on Yong’s head. Hyejin cracked the door open. She only opened the door enough so she could get inside the room. One of her hands was covering her eyes while the other hand was holding onto the door knob. I pouted at her while she closed the door behind her when she was already inside the room.

“What are you doing?” I asked her.

“Are you both dressed?”

“Of course” I scoffed as I pouted harder.

She giggled, dropping her hand from her eyes before she looked at us. “I thought you were busy with other stuff. I don’t want to catch you in a compromising position. I did you a favor”

“What are you talking about?” I whined before I pulled back so Yong could look at Hyejin too.

“Are we needed there already?” Yong asked her.

“Yup. I came to fetch you. Let’s go so you could both go home now. You looked so tired already”

I got off of Yong’s lap before I pulled her to stand up. I held her hand as we walked out of the dressing room and followed Hyejin out. A couch was already placed in the middle of the white platform like the first time we had the photoshoot.

We sat on the couch while Chorong was already sitting on the chair across from us already. Cameras were trained on us to record the interview while Byul was also on standby with her own camera as well.

Yong sat with her legs crossed in front of her while I kicked my shoes and raised my legs up on the couch. Her arm was around my waist, pulling me close to her, while I held her hand.

“Are you okay?” I whispered worriedly, studying her already tired face.

“Of course” she said before she kissed my cheek. “How about you?”

“Worried about you. You looked so tired already”

“It has been a long day, but I’m fine. You looked so tired yourself.” She kissed my temple before she whispered, “Don’t worry about me. We’re almost done, baby”

“Okay…” I raised her hand that I was holding and kissed her wrist, making her smile at me.

We faced Chorong together who was just waiting patiently for us.

“Welcome back Yongsun and Wheein,” Chorong said.

“Thank you for having us back, Chorong,” Yong said while I smiled and nodded at Chorong.

“It’s an honor to have you both back here. It’s hard to interview you two at the same time. We are glad that you gave us this opportunity again.” Chorong briefly glanced at the papers she was holding before she looked at me and Yong again. “Yongsun said it was okay for you two to talk about your contract and your arrangement, so I hope it’s okay if we’re starting with that”

“Of course,” Yong said.

“The last time you two were here, all the staff, including myself, never had a single idea that everything was just an arrangement. We were shocked, impressed and confused at the same time. Can you tell us more about it since you haven’t talked about it since someone leaked it online?”

“Everything about it was true,” Yong said while I glanced at her to listen. “I paid Wheein to pretend and lie. It was an arrangement of convenience rather than something that we both desired. We chose to do it and we’re aware of it”

“What was the reason for the arrangement?”

“Personal gains. Wheein needed the money. I have the money. I needed to marry someone. She’s willing to do the job. She was reluctant but she was also desperate at that time” Yong said before she glanced at me.

“I was working four jobs before I met Yong” I said before I faced Chorong. “I have a thirty thousand debt in the nursing home where Mom is currently staying. They gave me three days to pay or else they’d pull out Mom from the facility. I’m paying them regularly but my four jobs couldn’t cover her medical bills and my living expenses. I can’t just simply leave her by herself in the apartment while I’m out working since she needed attention always because of her dementia. I was desperate and was willing to do anything for Mom but I don’t want to do anything illegal. That’s when I saw Hyejin and she introduced me to Yong.” I glanced at Yong and laughed softly as I said, “I used to call her Miss Kim at that time”

She suddenly glared at me, making me laugh more. She really hates it every time I remind her of that. It’s the best way to annoy and because it never gets old.

“Why do you need to be married, Yongsun?” Chorong asked, gathering our attention to her again.

“It was revealed last year that I was never the official president of our company. Dad doesn’t want to pass it to me because she promised to Yonghee not to make me work in the company. I wanted to work because it was my way of dealing with losing Yonghee and my guilt from losing her. I briefly went back to modelling after my long break but it wasn’t the same anymore without my sister cheering for me. Working in the company made me feel close to her” she said while I smiled proudly at her.

Talking about Mom’s condition still hurts but it doesn’t make me cry so easily unlike before. Yong was also dealing better with her guilt and grief. It doesn’t make her cry or mad so easily. But if we both looked at each other’s eyes closely when we’re talking about these things, we could still see the sadness and pain in our eyes, especially for Yong.

“Dad made an agreement with me. He told me to fall in love and get married because he knows and everyone knows in the family that I’m not the marrying or dating type. If I’d be able to do that, he’d officially passed the position to me and it would feel like I’m still with my sister. Like Wheein, I was desperate myself, at the same time, I was dealing unstable emotions from losing my sister. We thought it was impossible. I knew and believed it was impossible, not until I met Wheein.” She glanced at me while I smiled so wide at her. She leaned forward and quickly kissed my dimple.

“So everything last year was just both of you pretending?”

“No” we answered at the same time, making Chorong smile at us amusingly.

“Everything about that one was true,” Yong said.

“What we showed was true and the answers we said were also true. It was the most honest truth we said to each other when we’re supposed to lie and pretend that we’re in love. We just left out the parts related to the contract and the arrangement, but what we said and showed were true” I said, nodding my head at Chorong.

“But you were both still in contract at that time, right?”

“We are” we answered at the same time again.

“Which was very unfortunate because we already loved each other but we were afraid to confess because of the contract” Yong said. “It felt all too real but I was second guessing myself because her actions and affections towards me might be because of the contract. That everything she did was all an act to abide with the contract. She also said that she’s not attracted to women, so how would I know that it was true?”

I pouted at her as I mumbled, “You made me promise not to fall in love with you too. You scare me most of the time. How would I know that you already love me as well?”

Yong laughed at me as she pinched my cheek before she quickly kissed my pouting lips. She sighed heavily and made me lean my head on her shoulder. Then she placed soft kisses on top of my head before she leaned her head on mine.

“Both of you fell in love while in contract?” Chorong asked.

“Yes” we answered together.

“Ask them who fell in love first,” Byul suddenly said to Chorong.

“Byul, shut up. Just do your work without opening your mouth” Yong said, making everyone in the room laugh at her.

“I think Yongsun just answered that question already, Byul” Chorong said while Yong glared at both of them.

“She even told me not to fall in love with her but she was the one who fell in love with me first” I said to them, chuckling before I glanced at Yong. I instantly dropped my smile and stopped laughing when the glare was directed to me now. I pouted at her as I cupped her cheeks and rubbed my thumbs on them. “Yong…” I whispered softly.

“Were you having fun teasing me, Wheein?”

I pouted hard before I kissed her. “Stop glaring at me” I muttered, still pouting at her. I smiled when she closed her eyes and sighed heavily. “It was fun teasing you, Yong” I whispered, laughing once again when she went back to glaring at me. I showered sloppy kisses all over her face as I whispered, “Love you. I love you, Yong. Stop glaring at me now”

“Stop it…” she whispered, hearing her laughing softly now.

I winked at her and smiled so wide while she playfully rolled her eyes at me. We both faced Chorong again who was just quietly watching us the whole time.

“Let’s do a quick recap on our interview last year, okay?” Chorong asked while Yong and I both nodded at her. “How did you two meet?”

“Through Hyejin.” I smiled at Hyejin behind Chorong before I said, “When we met again after years of being separated, I told her I needed help with Mom and she told me about her boss, which turned out to be Yong”

“We met at the Apollo Towers so I could interview her for the job I wanted her to do. We signed contracts and agreements, and planned how we’re going to proceed with the arrangement in Apollo as well”

“How was your first date?”

“If we’re going to consider the restaurant dates as our first d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter