Chapter Fifteen

When We Lie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Record Labels fighting over Jung Wheein

 

After Kim Yongsun and Jung Wheein’s marriage announcement during the 30th Founding Anniversary of the Kim Group of Companies, different record labels and agencies have been fighting to sign Jung Wheein under their company. On the night of the founding anniversary, the couple did not just announce their relationship, but Jung Wheein performed as well. Videos of her performance that night had gone viral already. Various videos of Jung Wheein performing back when she wasn’t in MAS yet have also spread all over the internet.

Record labels handling MAS, Sandeul, and Sam Kim were strong contenders fighting to sign Jung Wheein under them. Record labels handling MAS and Sandeul had already worked with the singer before so they were confident that Jung Wheein would sign to them. However, a lot of Jung Wheein’s fans wanted her to sign under the record label that handles Sam Kim, so she could work with Sam Kim more after hearing the two sing a duet when they were spotted in the mall one time.

As of the moment, Jung Wheein hadn’t responded yet and hadn’t given her thoughts to where she wanted to work at.

 

“What happened to you?” Hyejin asked as she worriedly scanned her eyes all over my face.

I moved to hug her before I turned her around and leaned my forehead on my shoulder. “I’m tired” I groaned loudly.

“Stand up straight. We have to get inside the bus” Hyejin said, reaching behind her to pat on my head.

I sighed heavily before I lifted my body to stand up straight. I blinked my still heavy eyelids before I followed her to the bus. When we reached inside, I held onto her shoulder and bent my head low as I closed my eyes and let her guide me to where we’re going to sit.

“What happened? Why are you so tired?”

“I slept late last night” I mumbled, feeling hands on top of mine while Hyejin walked slowly.

“You know we’re supposed to leave early in the morning, why did you even sleep late last night?” Hyejin said exasperatedly.

“I didn’t know. I only knew an hour ago. Yong…” I whispered before I sighed heavily. “She forgot to tell me there’s something happening today. She was even the one who packed my clothes for me this morning”

We sat at the very back of the bus. I slumped on my seat and brought my hood up on my head before I closed my eyes. My head is still hurting from not having enough sleep. Miss Kim told me that the company still had an event for its founding anniversary but for the rest of its employees this time. Employees from Olympus were gathered for an outing I forgot where since I was still half asleep when Miss Kim explained it to me. All I know is that Miss Kim told us we’ll be riding the bus as well since she doesn’t want Mr. Cho to drive far.

“Wheein…”

I lifted my heavy eyelids and saw Miss Kim coming towards us. I pushed myself up and tried to sit straight only to fail while I blinked my eyes at her.

She sat beside me and placed her arm around my shoulders before she made me lean my head on her shoulder. She kissed my forehead while I closed my eyes again and sighed heavily. “Are you okay?”

“I think so… Still sleepy…”

“Close your eyes. You can sleep on our way to the venue” Miss Kim said. She wrapped her other arm around my waist and held me steady when the bus started moving.

It was fine at first until the bus started swerving from side to side. I instantly sat up and covered my mouth when I felt myself going sick. I turned to Hyejin and asked, “Plastic bag? I think I’m about to get sick”

Just as I said sick, I gagged and bent forward when my insides wanted to push itself up and out of my mouth. I closed my eyes tightly when the world seemed to move on its own while I just blindly reached a hand for Hyejin or someone to give me a bag for my upcoming vomit. When I felt something plastic on my hand, I opened my eyes and hurriedly opened the bag in front of me right in time for my vomit to come out. I felt a hand softly rubbing my back while I vomited. The hammering in my head worsened when my stomach tightened while I coughed out vomit and spit.

I groaned loudly as I closed my eyes and leaned my head back when I already emptied my stomach. Someone grabbed the plastic bag from me while my lips and chin were being wiped off from my spit.

I felt a kiss on my temple before I heard Miss Kim whisper, “Whee… Are you okay?”

“My head hurts. I feel nauseous” I whined, my chest erratically moving up and down from my heavy breaths.

“Okay… Just wait a second. Do you still feel like vomiting?”

“No… ”

I remained closing my eyes as I breathed in deeply. I heard shuffling and frantic movements around me and I felt that the bus had stopped moving. I still remained closing my eyes because it still felt like the world was spinning around.

“Wheein…” Miss Kim whispered softly beside me. I gulped hard and slowly opened my eyes before I glanced at her. She handed me medicine while she’s holding a water bottle. “You have to drink this for your headache,” she said gently.

I grabbed the medicine from her and drank it while she cupped my chin and helped me drink water. I sighed heavily and closed my eyes again after drinking water and flushing down the stale taste of my vomit.

“Wheein…” Miss Kim whispered again beside me before I felt arms behind me and under my thighs. “Baby, come here”

I grunted when she slowly lifted me from my seat. The next thing I knew, I’m sitting on her lap while her arms were around me. I opened my eyes and saw her worriedly scanning her eyes on my face before she gently pulled my face to lean on her shoulder. I closed my eyes again while she constantly rubbed her hand on my back and kissed the side of my head.

“We’ll move somewhere in the middle of the bus so you won’t get dizzy, okay?” she whispered right into my ear.

“Okay…” I whispered.

I was supposed to pull away from her since she said we have to transfer. Instead, I wrapped my arms around her shoulders when her arms around me tightened before she lifted me. I pushed my face further on her neck when she carried me all the way to where we’re going to transfer. Then she stopped moving before she sat down again while I’m in her arms the whole time.

“Thank you, Hyejin” she suddenly said.

“No problem, Miss Kim. Is there anything else I could help you with?” Hyejin asked.

“Wait…” She patted my back before she whispered, “Are you still dizzy? Should we go now or do you want to stay still more?”

“I’m not that dizzy anymore” I mumbled on her neck.

She kissed my temple before she said, “I think we could start moving the bus. Thanks again, Hyejin.” Then she rubbed her hand on my back again while repeatedly kissing the side of my head. “Baby… Are you okay now? Are you still dizzy? Tell me what you need, Whee”

I pulled away from her neck and cupped her cheeks. I pouted when I saw her frowning while still staring at me worriedly. “I’m sorry for bothering you. I’m sorry for bothering everyone. You have to stop the bus because of me. I’m sorry”

“Stop apologizing. I should be the one saying that because I forgot to tell you again.” She cradled the back of my head and pulled my face closer to her as she whispered, “Come here.” She kissed my lips then my forehead before she made me lean on her shoulder again and hugged me tightly. “Do you always get dizzy when you’re riding the bus?”

“No… Only now because of the headache when I didn’t get enough sleep”

“Are you wearing something underneath your hoodie?”

“Yes. Why?”

“Let’s take off your hoodie. You’ve been sweating so much”

“Okay…” I leaned back and grabbed the hem of my hoodie.

I pulled it up and removed my hoodie while Miss Kim made sure that the shirt I’m wearing underneath wouldn’t go with my hoodie. She grabbed my hoodie and used its sleeves to wipe the sweat on my face. I didn’t even realize I was sweating so badly. Inside the bus is cold already and I’m producing cold sweat while my world was spinning a while ago. I couldn’t possibly notice the sweat.

She wiped my neck and my back while I stayed still on her lap. My eyes widened a little bit when I realized that I’m still sitting on her lap and noticed that a lot of people have been staring at us already. I gulped hard and just stared at Miss Kim’s eyes. She folded my hoodie and placed it on the empty seat beside her. Then she grabbed the water bottle on the seat as well and helped me drink more water.

“Yong…”

She placed the bottle back on the seat before she held my waist. “Hmm…” she hummed as she raised her eyebrows at me.

“I think I should sit properly now”

“Why?”

I leaned closer to her before I whispered, “There’s a lot of people staring at me. It’s embarrassing, Yong”

“I like you here.” She kissed my chin and wrapped her arms around my waist as she smiled at me. “Don’t mind them”

I pouted at her as I whined, “Yong…”

“Okay. Then move your leg over so your back would be to them and you couldn’t see them but you’re still sitting on my lap. I like you here”

She held my hands while I leaned back and raised my leg. I shifted to the side while trying not to hit her before I sat sideways on her lap. She adjusted me on my lap before she reached for something on the side of the seat. She adjusted the backrest so it would be leaning back. She pulled me closer to her as she leaned back, making me lean on her and rest my head on her shoulder.

“Is that better?” she asked once we’re sitting comfortably while I nodded at her.

“Will we be sitting like this for the rest of the ride?”

“Yup”

I glanced up and pouted at her while she kissed my forehead. “Wouldn’t it hurt your legs if I sit like this?”

“It won’t” she said confidently while I could only sigh heavily.

I wrapped my arms around her waist and closed my eyes. I might as well get comfortable knowing how I couldn’t change her mind anymore. “Where are we going? I forgot what you said to me this morning because I was still half asleep at that time”

“I’m sorry about that”

“It’s okay, Yong.” I glanced and smiled at her before I kissed her cheek. She hugged me tightly before I rested my head back on her shoulder. I stared at her this time instead of closing my eyes. I like seeing her smile even though it happens a lot now. Her dimples would make me want to touch them but that might be weird for Miss Kim so I’d just stare at them.

“We’re going to Psamathe Beach Resort”

My eyes opened wide as I smiled at her again. “We’re going to the beach?” I asked excitedly, slightly pulling back so I could see her face clearly.

“Yeah… It’s our newly constructed beach resort. It’s still not open to the public yet. This outing would be a way to test it’s functionality as well. Why? Do you like going to the beach?”

I shook my head while she furrowed her eyebrows at me from confusion. “I haven’t been to the beach, that’s why I’m excited. I think I might like it”

“You haven’t been to the beach?” she asked in disbelief.

“I haven't,” I said, shaking my head again.

“Hmm… We should’ve had the wedding at the beach instead of doing it in the garden”

I laid my head on her shoulder and shook my head for the third time. “It’s okay. You love the garden. I love the garden too. It’s also convenient to have it there than in the beach with full of sand”

“I do love the garden.” She softly kissed my lips before she closed her eyes and leaned her cheek on top of my head. She sighed heavily and pulled me closer to her while I decided to close my eyes as well. “What were you working on last night?” she whispered softly.

“The song Sam wanted to collaborate with. I was writing my own lyrics and composing as well for that, but I get stuck all the time. I ended up going to sleep with so little progress”

“Why are you having trouble?”

“It’s supposed to be a duet. His lyrics would be directed to a woman and mine to a man so it would make it like we’re singing it to each other.” I opened my eyes and saw her already staring right back at me. I bit my bottom lip as I shyly said, “I kept forgetting about that and kept describing you in my lyrics”

“You’re talking about me?”

I pouted as I nodded at her.

“You were thinking about me when you were making the lyrics?” she asked, a huge smiling slowly forming on her lips.

“Yes…”

“Can’t you just do that so you could write a song for me?”

“You want me to write you a song?”

“Of course” she answered right away.

“I’ll make you one. I just need to figure out what I’m going to do with the one I’m working with Sam”

She smiled wider as she asked, “You’d really make me one?”

“Of course” I answered right away this time.

She cupped my cheek while she’s staring at my lips. “Kiss” she whispered.

I cupped her cheek as well before I leaned forward and closed the distance between both of our lips. I closed my eyes as I kissed her. Her hand on my cheek moved to the back of my head, slightly gripping my hair as she pulled me closer to her.

We leaned both of our foreheads on each other with our eyes closed when we broke the kiss. I felt her kiss my cheek before she made me lean on her shoulder. She pulled her hand out of my hair while I wrapped my arm around her waist again.

“Take a nap. You’re probably tired from staying up last night” she whispered.

“Okay… How about you?”

“I’ll hold you tightly so you wouldn’t fall while you sleep”

“Thank you.” I sighed heavily as I shifted on her lap again to make it more comfortable for both of us.

 

When we reached Psamathe, it scared me just by looking at the huge building, but when I saw the things behind the building, I loved the place right away. There’s a huge swimming pool with fountains and tall slides by the beach. There’s also a pool bar that would only open in the evening. There are parasols, swings, and chairs neatly arranged by the white sand. The water was so clear and blue. There are lots of trees by the beach that provide shade on the sand.

Then there’s a basketball court outside of the building, a badminton court inside the building, and a volleyball court by the sand. There are kayak boats, banana boats, and jet skis on standby. Hyejin told me that we could go on parasailing too. She said that I’d be strapped to a parachute and a boat would pull me so I’d be floating up in the air. There are rooms in the huge building where we’re staying at and there are cottage rooms outside as well.

Hyejin was with me and toured me around the place. Miss Kim was with Jieun to check the whole place while all her employees were going to their respective rooms. She also told me to go around the place first, so that’s what Hyejin and I were doing for more than an hour now after we had lunch.

I picked up my sandals and held Hyejin’s hand. “Come on! We should run around the place!” I said excitedly, jumping on my heels as I watched her remove her sandals too. “Faster! Faster!” I said while Hyejin moved slower to tease me. “Come on!” I shouted from frustration.

“Be patient” she said, laughing at me as she finally picked up her sandals.

We smiled at each other. She nodded at me first before I nodded at her and then we took off. We screamed and laughed out loud as we ran to the beach. The moment our feet hit the cold water, we immediately stepped back and ran away from the water while still screaming and laughing out loud.

We ran for a while before we headed to the volleyball court where a game had started already. Taehyung was one of the players and since I didn’t know anyone else, I cheered for him. He smiled at me when he heard me cheering for him. I don’t know much about volleyball. Hyejin doesn’t know about it either. But we know what it looks like when a team wins a game, so when we figured that he and his team won, Hyejin and I clapped and congratulated him.

Taehyung walked closer to me and we high-fived before he and Hyejin did the same. “Do you know how to play?”

“Nope” I said as I shook my head.

He laughed and patted my head before he walked to the other side of the court. “I’m expecting the loudest cheer from you, Wheein!”

“Sure!” I cupped my lips and raised a fist up in the air. “Taehyung! Wooh! Go!” I shouted before I cleared my throat when it hurt from too much shouting.

The other secretaries of Miss Kim were on the other side of the court and invited us to stand with them. Hyejin and I moved to them and started cheering again. It’s more fun with more people so I was jumping and laughing the whole time we watched them.

Taehyung moved out of the court with the ball on his hand, about to serve. “Wheein, where’s my cheer?” he called out to me.

“Boo!” I shouted instead, making him laugh at me. I raised my fists up again and shouted, “Taehyung! Taehyung! Taehyung!”

He nodded in satisfaction before he threw the ball up, jumped up, and hit it so hard that the slap echoed in the beach. Apparently, he’s not just an executive in the company and a brand ambassador, but he’s also very good in sports.

Arms went around my waist, startling me for a second before I felt a kiss on my cheek. “Why are you shouting Taehyung’s name out loud?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter