Chapter Nine

When We Lie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jung Wheein was seen inside the vicinity of Olympus, the KGC Main Office

 

Rumors about Jung Wheein’s association to Kim Yongsun was momentarily stopped when actor Kwak Siyang was allegedly dating Kim Yongsun. Weeks of Jung Wheein and Kim Yongsun not showing up together made people suspect that Kim Yongsun has stopped seeing her alleged female .

Employees from Olympus confirmed that they have definitely seen Jung Wheein with their president. Some of these witnesses don't think that the former MAS drummer was just their president’s . They believe that the two are already dating. Some even speculated that the reason why Jung Wheein moved out of the apartment that the KGC President rented herself was that the former drummer is already living with Kim Yongsun.

A lot of people have questioned Kim Yongsun’s decisions to choose an unknown singer in comparison to her lineup of suitors. Fans of Kwak Siyang teamed up with Eric Nam’s fans as they felt injustice on the behalf of the actor and the singer. They said that Kim Yongsun was just playing with the actor and singer. They accused Jung Wheein of being a gold digger and social climber to force herself to be with the KGC President.

The alleged couple neither denied nor confirmed this on-going rumor. The KGC President refused to talk about it. The media did not get a hold of Jung Wheein to share her thoughts about this either.

 

“Don’t go out yet, Mr. Cho” I hastily said when I saw him remove his seatbelt.

I gulped hard as I stared at Miss Kim’s building. I wanted to cry. I wanted to pee. I most definitely want to run away and abandon everything. The building alone scares me so much. I don’t know how I would be able to walk inside there even with Miss Kim beside me.

“Is there something wrong, Miss Jung?”

“I want to go home” I whined as I pouted at the building.

Mr. Cho laughed at me, making me pout harder as I directed it to him. “Miss Kim wanted you inside, Miss Jung”

“Am I even allowed inside? I don’t belong in that building, Mr. Cho. You even fit more in there with your suit.” I groaned loudly as I eyed the building. “Why did she have to tell me to wear something comfortable instead of saying that I should wear something appropriate?” I mumbled to myself.

Apollo Towers is tall. Antheia Gardens is so vast. Olympus is a combination of both, and it even occupied the whole street. It’s so big, I felt like something smaller than an ant when I’m inside it. With how intimidated I am by it, I’d shrink even smaller than an ant.

“Mr. Cho, no!” I exclaimed when he suddenly went outside the car without warning.

He walked around the car and went to my side of the door. I sighed heavily while he pulled my door open. “Miss Kim is waiting for you now, Miss Jung”

I pouted at him, which only made him laugh again. I reluctantly removed my seatbelt before I pulled out the container I made for him. I placed it on the driver seat before I climbed out of the car carrying the paper bag full of containers. “You’re being mean, Mr. Cho”

He smiled and bowed at me. “Have a lovely lunch with Miss Kim” he said before he softly patted my shoulder.

I stepped aside so he could close the door. Then I held his arm, stopping him from moving. “Come with me Mr. Cho”

“I can’t, Miss Jung. I’m sorry.” He gently pried my hand from his arm, chuckling when I refused to let go. He was able to pull my hand off his arm while I whined softly. Then he pushed me towards the entrance before he walked back inside the car.

I gulped hard as I stared at Olympus again. How am I supposed to get inside this place?

“Thanks for the food, Miss Jung. I always love your cooking.” I turned around and saw the passenger seat window was rolled down. Mr. Cho was smiling as he lifted the container I placed on his seat earlier. “I’m sure Miss Kim will love the food you cook for her. She might be hungry now so you better go to her”

“I don’t know how I’d walk inside that building, Mr. Cho. I need you with me”

“You can do it, Miss Jung.” He rolled the window up again before he moved the car away.

“Why can’t he just eat with us?” I whispered under my breath.

I closed my eyes and breathed deeply as I counted to ten. When I reached ten, I breathed deeply one last time before I opened my eyes. Mr. Cho dropped me further than the entrance so I had to walk there as I contemplated whether I should just ditch Miss Kim and tell her that I feel sick, which is true, or just push forward. I pulled my hat low as I got closer to the entrance and spotted a lot of people going in and out of the building.

Miss Kim didn’t tell me which way to go and only said to get in and let someone from the reception desk direct me to her office. She expects me to just get in. I do not expect that I’ll just get in. Still, I marched forward while my hands started to feel sweaty and my heart pounded louder and louder as I got closer to the entrance.

I gulped hard when the guards eyed me like I should not belong in the building. My steps slowed down while my left thumb fidgeted with my rings from nervousness and to make sure that they’re still there. When I got closer to the entrance, a guard immediately blocked it while another one moved closer to me.

“What’s your purpose inside the building?” the guard that didn’t block the entrance asked me as he met me halfway and stopped me from going to the entrance.

Miss Kim’s voice is scarier than his but I’m easily scared by people I don’t know. He’s taller than me, bigger than me, and he looked really scary. Even if his voice couldn’t top how Miss Kim’s voice sounded scary, he still scares me.

I gulped hard and hurriedly wet my lips when my mouth and throat dried up from being so nervous. “I… Ah…” I gulped once again as I stuttered and nervously stared at him. “I’m here to see Yong. Kim Yongsun” I whispered softly.

“Have you set an appointment with the president?” he asked while I shook my head.

Miss Kim never told me to set an appointment. She said to just march in and I was right when I couldn’t just march inside her building.

“Please step aside.” He eyed me from head to toe and stared at the paper bag I was carrying before he stared into my eyes. “The building already has a cafetera that sells food. I don’t think you’d be allowed inside, much more see the president. Please step aside”

My eyebrows furrowed as I pouted at him from confusion. I don’t know what he’s talking about. I walked away from the entrance when the guard motioned for me to move away. I don’t know where else to go so I stayed standing outside the building. I should just probably call Mr. Cho to pick me up again.

I grabbed my phone from my pocket and texted Miss Kim that I wasn’t allowed inside the building. While I was typing a text for Mr. Cho to pick me up, Miss Kim suddenly called me. I almost dropped my phone when I got startled from it.

“Where are you?” Miss Kim asked before I could even say something.

“I’m outside the building”

“Don’t move. I’m going down there. Don’t move anywhere, Wheein”

“Okay…” I whispered softly before I sighed heavily when she ended the call right away.

I pocketed my phone before I turned to face the building. The guard was still eyeing me badly. I averted his gaze and looked inside the building through its glass walls, wishing for Miss Kim to appear any second now. I’m already embarrassed that I got shooed by the guards. I don’t know how long I could stand here while I slowly got drowned from being even more embarrassed.

I squinted my eyes when I saw what I think was Miss Kim. I smiled so wide when it really was her. I walked closer to the building but the guard blocked my path once again. I pointed at Miss Kim behind him before I looked at the guard and said, “I’m really here to see Yong”

“And I already told you that you’re not allowed inside the building”

“But…”

“She’s with me” Miss Kim said, cutting me off.

The guard turned to Miss Kim and bowed right away when he saw her there. “She’s been insisting to get inside the building without an appointment, mam”

Miss Kim ignored him as she walked closer to me. I smiled at her, relieved that she’s finally here. I felt safe and protected right away just by seeing her. She pulled my cap back before she leaned forward and whispered, “Kiss”

I cupped her cheek with my free hand and leaned forward, closing my eyes before our lips touched. I sighed in relief as I felt her lips moving right on me as she kissed me back. She held my hand that was on her cheek before we pulled back and broke the kiss.

“How long have you been here waiting?” she asked, intertwining our fingers before she dropped our joined hands to our side.

“Just for a few minutes”

She nodded before she leaned forward to place a soft kiss on my lips. She held my hand tightly and faced the guards again. “She doesn’t need an appointment to see me. Understood?”

I gulped hard, nervously eyeing Miss Kim and the guards as I felt scared for them. She’s even scarier with how her voice carried authority and power this time. The last time I heard this tone from her was during those times when she interviewed me in the Apollo Towers. That seemed such a long time ago and I didn’t realize that her way of talking to me changed. Only now when she’s talking to her employees.

She turned to me and grabbed the paper bag I was carrying. “Remove your cap and show your face to them so they’d remember you”

My eyes momentarily widened. She really does speak differently to me. I could hear how her voice softened and see her gaze softened as well when she’s addressing me. I could feel blood slowly rushing up to my face from the realization.

I averted Miss Kim’s gaze and removed my cap like she told me. I stared at the guards for a few seconds, slowly feeling awkward when no one spoke. I faced Miss Kim and whispered, “Can I put my cap on again?”

“Yes.” She started walking us inside the building while I struggled to push back my bangs and wore my cap again. “You brought so much food. We should probably invite Hyejin to eat with us”

“I thought I should probably bring you a lot of food, knowing how tired you’d be from work. You need them” I mumbled as I stared inside the building.

I could feel a lot of people watching us, making me move closer to Miss Kim from embarrassment. She constantly squeezed my hand to reassure me. I went back to scanning my eyes inside the lobby. I peeked at Miss Kim’s side when I heard soft water falling from there.

“Woah…” I whispered softly, jumping a little bit on my heels as I smiled so wide. I glanced at Miss Kim and said, “You really have a waterfalls in here”

She glanced at the falls before she raised her eyebrows at me. “Do you want to see it?”

“Can I see it?” I asked, smiling so wide when she nodded and directed us to where the falls are.

The main lobby was filled with so many plants and bigger versions of the tree inside Miss Kim’s house. Across the falls is the cafeteria in the building. A lot of people looked at us the moment we neared the falls. I turned to the falls instead and tried not to think of all those people looking at us.

Without glancing behind me, I might think that we’re somewhere outside the building because of the plants and trees in here. The falls are structured as a set of mini waterfalls, stacked randomly so it would look more natural than artificial. I think it was intended to be a stack of mini water falls instead of the talls ones so the falling water would be soothing rather than loud.

I leaned forward and saw fishes swimming at the very foot of the falls. I glanced at Miss Kim and smiled at her as I pointed at the fishes, showing it to her even though she might’ve seen it already. The very small smile appeared on her lips once again, making me smile even wider.

“You like it?” she asked, tipping her chin to the falls.

“I do,” I said, nodding my head vigorously as I stared at the falls again.

“I should’ve brought you here sooner. I’ll give you a tour when I have more time”

“It’s okay. You don’t have to worry about me, Yong” I glanced at the falls one last time, my mouth unintentionally hanging open by how wonderful it is, before I glanced at Miss Kim. “We should eat lunch now. You’re probably hungry already. Are we eating here?”

“We’re eating in my office. Hyejin is there as well” she said, heading to the small hallway of nothing but elevators while I walked beside her.

We went inside the elevator and saw Miss Kim pressed the very top floor. My eyes widened when the elevator could go as high as forty floors. It’s not as impressive compared to the Apollo Towers, but Olympus is wider than Apollo Towers. It doesn’t just go up, but it’s very vast too. I couldn't imagine the number of people working in here because of how big this building is.

Miss Kim and I stood in the middle of the elevator. Our reflection could be clearly seen on the elevator doors. I could see her looking at me while I also stared at her. Our eye contact would only be broken if someone would get inside or stepped outside the elevator. Miss Kim’s hold on my hand never loosened while I felt so small by the feeling of other people staring at us inside the elevator.

Every time the doors would open, the people outside would be surprised to see Miss Kim and they’d be even more surprised when they see me. They’d bow at her before they walked inside the elevator. I wasn’t suffocated but it kind of felt like that because of how their stares made me so conscious. Back then, I don’t want to be alone with Miss Kim. That’s why I could not believe that I was relieved when it’s just me and her in the elevator.

We finally reached the fortieth floor. This floor seemed to have less people walking around. The floors in here are carpeted too compared to the tiled floors that I’ve seen on the lobby and on the floors where the elevators stopped earlier.

“This is the executives floor” Miss Kim said as we headed to a set of double doors. “I stay here most of the time. There are some other executives that are not staying on this floor. Usually, only those who are closely working with me are here”

“You don’t see much of your employees?”

“On a daily basis, no. I usually make an effort to see them and visit the ones that are working directly on our hotels, but it’s impossible to do that with the number of people working for us. That’s why we usually hold events and activities for the employees to socialize and so I could see them.” She stopped in front of the double doors and faced me as she said, “This is the president's office. My secretaries stay here too”

Miss Kim pushed the door open, revealing another double door across from where we came from. There are rows of tables, chairs, and computers inside the room and a lounge area at the corner of the room. There were people eating and chatting by the lounge area that immediately went silent when we got inside. They greeted Miss Kim right away and bowed at her before they stared at me.

I averted their gazes until I saw someone familiar in the room. I smiled and waved at Hyejin who’s sitting closest to the double doors. Her face was almost covered with the monitors in front of her.

“Hyejinie…” I said to her once we were almost to her table while Hyejin smiled wider.

“Wheein brought so much food for the two of us. Have you eaten lunch already, Hyejin?” Miss Kim asked her.

“Not yet, Miss Kim. I was worried when you suddenly rushed out of your office so I waited for you to make sure everything’s okay”

I glanced at Miss Kim beside me as I smiled at her. That’s why she reached me so fast despite being at the very top of the building. I could feel my face heating up once again from the blush.

“The guards stopped her from coming inside the building. I don’t want her to wait outside.” She squeezed my hand and pulled me towards the doors. “Let’s eat. I’m already hungry. Eat with us, Hyejin. Wheein cooked enough for the th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter