Chapter Thirteen

When We Lie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jung Wheein Sprained her Left Ankle during a KGC Company Event

 

KGC President Kim Yongsun was spotted rushing Jung Wheein to the hospital after the singer got into an accident. After a few hours in the hospital, the singer was seen wearing an ankle cast boot on their way out of the hospital and into the KGC President’s car. Witnesses in the hospital said that Kim Yongsun stayed with the singer the whole time they were inside the facility.

Jung Wheein got into an accident during the KGC Employees’ Social Event to kick off the celebration of the Kim Group of Companies’ 30th Founding Anniversary. The company event was held at Ares Fields, in which various games and activities were held for the KGC employees to interact with one another. Apparently, Jung Wheein played one of the activities in behalf of Kim Yongsun herself. Jung Wheein bumped into an employee, which resulted in the mild sprain on her left ankle.

The 30th Founding Anniversary of the Kim Group of Companies is also a highly anticipated event of the country. It’s executives from the different countries would be coming over the country for the said event only. A rumor has been spreading that Kim Yongsun would have a special announcement on that day as well. Many speculated that the KGC President would finally announce her relationship with Jung Wheein while others simply thought that it’s just a rumor to create a buzz about the event.

 

Miss Kim and I are going to a huge field and stadium that their company donated for the city. She said it’s called the Ares Fields and the reason why we’re going there is because her company had an event for the workers to socialize. She also said that Taehyung would be there but the other executives would only drop by and not participate. She said that her cousin might participate in the event but she wouldn’t.

When we arrived at the venue, there were huge buses parked in the parking lot. She told me that the employees came here via buses so they don’t have to spend money for the fare. Ares Fields is far from most of the Olympus employees’ homes so they offered to bring them there.

“Would Hyejin be participating in the events?” I asked her as I climbed out of the car.

We wore matching black cargo pants and white rubber shoes. She initiated this earlier this morning. She’s wearing a fitting black crop top while I wore my usual hoodie. She’s also wearing sunglasses on while I wore my cap again. Not because I'm too lazy to fix my bangs, but because she personally told me this time since it might be hot later.

She held my hand right away and started walking us inside the huge stadium. My eyes roamed around the stadium while my mouth was hanging open. I saw big poles that started from the very ground I walk on to the very top of the stadium. Those poles ran all over the stadium. The stadium was covered in glass as it walls and a huge Ares Fields was written on an area by it.

Miss Kim squeezed my hand, bringing my attention back to her. I gulped hard before I saw the small smile on her lips. She’s been smiling so much now. It’s still far from the ones I’ve seen in the other room but I like seeing her smile and the small glimpse of her dimples.

“How’s Ares? Are you scared of it also?” she asked me while I shook my head, making her raise her eyebrows at me.

“Surprisingly not. I like the poles outside” I said as I pointed a finger behind me. “I think those are my favorite so far. Also, it didn’t look scarier than when I was in Apollo and Olympus because of how festive the stadium looked outside.” I smiled so wide when I heard music coming from the inside of the stadium. “They’ve got music here too!”

“That’s a first. You might like it even better once you’ve seen the inside of the stadium”

There were food stalls inside the building. When the people saw us coming, they bowed and greeted us right away. Miss Kim just tipped her chin in a small nod while I bowed back and smiled at them. I’m less anxious at people’s attention right now. Maybe because I have Miss Kim beside me or because of the music or maybe because I got used to it already. Her employees in Olympus were really good to me too so I think that's the reason why I'm not anxious around them.

“Would Hyejin be participating in the events?” I asked Miss Kim as we moved further in the building. We’re walking in the hallway right now and I could see red and green on the field. I could also hear the music getting louder now.

“No. She’d be hosting the event because she wanted to do it” Miss Kim said and right after that, I could hear Hyejin’s voice echoing as we neared the end of the hallway.

I closed my eyes and groaned so loud as I shook my head. “I don’t think it’s a good idea” I whispered under my breath.

“People of Olympus! Bow down to our president Kim Yongsun together with Jung Wheein who just arrived in the stadium! Say hi to them!” Hyejin shouted and cheers erupted from everywhere. Her voice is already ringing all over the stadium. With her shouting her words out, it vibrated and boomed all over the place.

I groaned louder as I moved behind Miss Kim to hide myself from all the people. “I told you. It’s a bad idea. That’s definitely her with way too much sugar and coffee this early in the morning” I whispered, bending my head low as I closed my eyes from embarrassment.

“Why are you hiding behind me?” Miss Kim asked, pulling me to stand beside her again.

“No… This is embarrassing…” I whined. I pulled my hand from her hold. Then I wrapped my arms around her waist as I leaned my head on her back. “I’m staying right behind you. This is very embarrassing”

“Look at them! Aren’t they so sweet?!” Hyejin shouted again, making me groan even louder.

“I hate her sometimes” I whined and pushed my face further on Miss Kim’s back while I hugged her tighter.

“Come on.” She patted my head before she placed her arms on top of mine. “We have to walk to our tent”

“I don’t want to show my face. I’m so embarrassed right now” I mumbled, my voice mumbled a little bit from her back.

“Okay, then just start walking with me. We’ll walk like this until we reach our tent, okay?”

“Okay…”

Miss Kim started walking slowly. It was difficult at first but I still didn’t move and pull my face away from her back. At some point, we found a rhythm together. I matched her pace and moved the same leg that she’s moving. We were able to move smoothly after that.

I smiled behind her and finally pulled my face away from her back. I propped my chin on her shoulder and giggled, finding this amusing. “This is fun” I whispered as I saw a tent ahead of us with all her seven secretaries.

“This is ridiculous,” Miss Kim said.

I instantly pouted and loosened my arms around her, thinking that she might be mad at me for making her do this. Maybe I’m embarrassing her this time. She held onto my arms and pulled them back so I’d hold her like how I was holding her a second ago.

“Don’t move” she whispered as we slowed down. We stopped walking once we reached the tent. Then she turned around to face me while I slightly pulled back so I could see her face. She cupped my cheeks and said, “It’s ridiculous, but I didn’t say I don’t like it. It’s fun despite how ridiculous that was”

I instantly smiled at her when I heard that while she softly pinched my cheeks. She placed her arms around my shoulders before she kissed my cheek. “Can I play? You said there’d be games, right? Can’t I participate in those?” I asked her.

“The secretaries will participate but I don’t want you to get hurt so we’ll just watch and cheer for them”

I pouted at her while my eyebrows slightly furrowed. “So you’d rather have them get hurt?”

“I didn’t mean it to be like that”

“But I wanted to play. Can’t I play because I’m not an employee in your company? You said Taehyung would play. Can I play on your behalf? I wanted to play, Yong?” I whined at her while she sighed heavily. I couldn’t see her eyes behind her dark sunglasses but I still stared at where I knew her eyes were.

“What if you’ll get hurt?” she asked.

“I won't,” I said confidently as I shook my head at her.

“You can’t promise that”

“But I can promise you that I’ll be careful”

“Fine…” she whispered while I instantly smiled and slightly jumped on my heels from excitement. “But you’ll only play if there’s an absolute need for you to do it”

I nodded my head vigorously. “Okay, okay. That’ll do. I’ll wait. I’m good at games. I promise. I’ll win for you, Yong. Wait, I should stretch first.” I moved away from her and greeted her secretaries before I started stretching. “I used to have a good lung capacity for hours of singing before. I think and hope that I still have it now” I mumbled as I stretched my legs first.

“You’re getting all hyped up already. You might not be able to participate”

I spread one of my legs and leaned on the other leg before I shifted on the other leg. “I just want to be ready. I might be able to play any minute now” I said, grunting as I moved to stand up straight. I smiled at Miss Kim, to reassure her while I stretched my arms next. “I’ll be fine even if I couldn’t play”

 

I didn’t get to play. I wasn’t fine about it.

I was excited and constantly cheered Miss Kim’s secretaries during all the games and activities. Then lunch came and I wasn’t able to participate in any activities. I started losing hope and energy. I started to get tired of waiting when I could play, but it didn’t come. It was already mid-afternoon and I still hadn’t played and participated in any game. Not until an opportunity opened for me.

Dodgeball.

There are seven secretaries that Miss Kim have and they need eight players per department to join. Hyejin couldn’t join because she’d rather host and be the commentator than to play. Miss Kim obviously didn’t want to play, of course. That’s the opportunity that suddenly opened for me.

I immediately stood up from the chair I was sitting down where I was silently sulking by myself. I removed my cap and tied my hair tightly. Then I started stretching my legs and arms again, smiling so wide and feeling excited that I got to finally play.

“I don’t like this” Miss Kim mumbled in front of me as she sighed heavily while watching me stretch.

“Why? It’s just dodgeball. They’re using a soft ball so it wouldn’t hurt. I’m sure nothing is going to happen. Others have been playing since this morning and there’s not a single accident that has happened.” I grunted and jumped on my heels as I wiggled my arms beside me. “I’m sure nothing’s going to happen to me. It’s just one game or if we’ll win and progress then we’ll play more games. It’ll be fun”

“I still don’t like this”

I chuckled at her and said, “I’ll be fine. I promise. Don’t worry too much”

“I still don’t like this, Whee.” She stood in front of me and reached a hand to me. “Hand me your hoodie so you wouldn’t sweat so much later” she whispered defeatedly.

I reached for the hem of my hoodie before I pulled it off of me. I handed her my hoodie while I fixed my grey dri-fit athletic shirt. I checked my ponytail one last time before I dropped my hands beside me and nodded at Miss Kim. She was folding my hoodie then placed it on the chair I was sitting on earlier before she stood in front of me.

“Don’t hurt yourself”

“There’s no way that will happen” I said to her confidently.

She cupped my cheeks and kissed my forehead before she placed a soft kiss on the lips. “Try not to get too excited”

I chuckled at her softly as I shook my head. “I’m already way too excited. It’s been suppressed since this morning, but I’ll be careful.” I held her wrists and kissed her palms before I kissed her cheeks. “I’ve got to go. I’ll win for you” I said before I smiled at her as I dropped her hands. I ran to the field as I waved at her.

“Be careful” she said.

“I will!” I shouted before I headed to where her secretaries were standing.

We were the first ones to hit our opponents and we’re against some department that Seoyoung said were from the finance department. Me, Seoyoung, Jieun, and Sujin were on one side while Goeun, Eunsong, Koyuki and Chaein were on the other side. On our side Seoyoung was a good thrower and I’m the good catcher. On the other side, Goeun is good at throwing while Eunsong was good at catching. When there were a few people left in the middle, our strategy was to pass the ball to the one who’s good at catching and let the ones who are good at throwing hit the targets. In no time, we’ve hit everyone right away. The secretaries have amazing communication as well and all I have to do is just fit in and follow what they’re telling me to do.

“I see Jung Wheein is playing on behalf of our president!” Hyejin shouted when we moved to the center so we’d get to be the targets this time “She’s good at singing, but is she good at dodging?”

I pouted at Hyejin’s direction, which emitted a loud laugh booming all over the stadium. I sighed heavily and walked to the secretaries to know what they’re planning but it seems like there’s no plan at all. They just told me to have fun. I like that plan.

All of us we’re screaming and laughing as we moved from one side to the other. I was practically running all over the place with a huge smile on my face, happy and excited that I get to finally release all my energy after suppressing it for hours.

“This is unfair! They’re not hitting you!”

I glanced to the side and saw Taehyung shouting on the sides. “What?” I asked him while still being mindful about where the ball is.

“They’re not hitting you, Wheein!”

“They aren’t?” I asked in disbelief as I jogged closer to him.

“Try to just stand close to your opponent and see if they wouldn’t hit you” Taehyung suggested.

I frowned at him and said, “But I won’t be able to play anymore if I’d do that and they’ll hit me”

“Just try it. I swear they wouldn’t”

I stopped moving when I got closer to one end. I watched the ball being thrown on Koyuki and Sujin’s area, which is far from my side. My teammates ran to the other end while I stayed standing and followed what Taehyung said. The woman who had the ball glanced at me and saw me standing right near them but she threw the ball to my teammates.

“Ah!” I exclaimed, my eyes widening as I glanced at Taehyung.

“They’re not hitting you!” he shouted, his eyebrows furrowing from confusion.

“They’re not hitting me!” I said to him. I watched again the ball get thrown on the side close to where I was standing. This time, the one holding the ball is closer to me than the last time. The same thing happened though. I was ignored by my opponents. “They’re not hitting me!” I shouted at Taehyung again. “Why are they not hitting me?”

“There’s some spell that’s been thrown by Jung Wheein, everyone. Her opponents didn’t seem to notice her at all like she’s an invisible person. I don’t know about you all, but I could see her clearly pouting from where I am right now” Hyejin said, chuckling when I frowned at her.

I wasn’t pouting earlier.

There’s only four of us on my team left in the middle as targets. I glanced at my opponents and asked, “Why are you not hitting me?”

I saw one of them nervously glancing to the side. I followed her gaze and saw Miss Kim standing close to us with a glare in her eyes. “Oh, come on!” I shouted in frustration, stomping my foot on the grass. I walked towards her, not minding the ball anymore since they’re ignoring me. I didn’t get out of the play area but stood close to Miss Kim. “Stop it!”

“Stop what?” she asked nonchalantly.

“Stop glaring at them”

“I’m not glaring at them”

“I see we have an argument going on while in the middle of t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter