Chapter Twelve

When We Lie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Yongsun and Jung Wheein are allegedly Married already

 

KGC President Kim Yongsun and former MAS drummer Jung Wheein were speculated to be married already. Neither of the two confirmed their relationship, but Jung Wheein’s consistent visit at the Olympus somehow made people think that she is really in a relationship with Kim Yongsun. The two have been also spotted kissing in front of Olympus before Jung Wheein gets inside the car that the KGC President owns herself.

Initially, the allegations were that the two were dating. However, from the employees that were interviewed, they noticed that the two wore the same rings on their left ring finger. One was a plain thin gold band wedding ring and the other was a vintage engagement ring, There weren’t any pictures to prove that the two share the same rings but a lot of Olympus’ employees have confirmed that the two were wearing the said rings.

People have speculated that the two might’ve flown outside of the country to hold the wedding secretly. Kim Yongsun and Jung Wheein neither confirmed nor denied any of these speculations. The two continued to stay silent about this on-going rumor, which created a bigger buzz among the people in their alleged relationship and marriage.

 

This is the first time that I’m not visiting Olympus for this day. Miss Kim also left early this morning. She hurriedly finished her breakfast and didn’t stay long. She said that she’d be having a photoshoot for a magazine today and wanted me to visit her around eight in the morning. I don’t have to bring food and just bring myself there.

I think she wanted me to watch her during the photoshoot. I’m excited. I kind of figured out that she’s passionate about modelling and I wanted to watch her doing the thing she loves. I think it would be really amazing. And that’s where I’m heading now.

I patted my shirt and blazer, clearing it from the creases. I raised my cap, pushed back my bangs, and fixed my hair before I wore my cap again. I checked my reflection on my phone before I pocketed it when Mr. Cho slowed down to what seemed like a warehouse building. There were a lot of cars outside the building already. Then I saw Hyejin coming out of the building right when Mr. Cho parked the car.

I removed my seatbelt and opened the door myself, thanking Mr. Cho on my way out. I smiled and waved at Hyejin as I jogged closer to her, feeling excited that I got to see Miss Kim doing a photoshoot.

“Hyejinie…” I said as I moved to hug her while she’s chuckling softly at me. “Are they starting already? Can I watch?” I asked her as we linked our arms and walked towards the building.

“They’re starting already,” Hyejin said while I skipped beside her.

I stopped skipping and calmly walked beside Hyejin when we got inside the building. I could hear soft music playing in the background. My mouth hung open as I scanned my eyes all over the place. It’s just a huge empty space but was filled up with a lot of equipment for the photoshoot. There were even more studio lights now than when we shot our wedding and prenup photos. There were a lot of people as well. I saw a grand piano when we got inside and a guitar too.

Right in the middle of the room is a huge floor to ceiling white wall with a white colored platform. On that platform, I could see Miss Kim wearing a maroon suit with black silk brasier underneath and posing with ease while Miss Moon was taking pictures of her.

I gulped hard before I ran my tongue on my lips as I watched her closely. Her eyes were like those times when she watched me play the piano but more fiery. I could see the passion in her eyes as she switched from one pose to another and transition from one emotion to another.

This is amazing.

“Wheein, we have to go. You still have to change and fix your hair and makeup” Hyejin whispered beside me as she nudged my arm when I unconsciously stopped walking when I saw Miss Kim.

My eyes widened as I whipped my head to her. I wanted to shout but remembered that I’m somewhere unfamiliar. “What?” I whisper-shouted at Hyejin, toning down how shocked I am right now. There were still a couple of people turning their heads our way when they heard me. I bowed at them and mumbled, “I’m sorry”

Hyejin dragged me away from the set and onto a room where about three people stood up and bowed at us when we got inside. I bowed at them before I turned to Hyejin. “What do you mean? Why do I need to get changed? Can’t I watch Yong?” I frantically asked Hyejin while she furrowed her eyebrows at me.

“What did she tell you?” she asked.

“She only said that she’d like me to visit her here by eight” I said as I pouted at her.

“She didn’t tell you?”

“Tell me what?” I asked, my eyes widening again while my heart started to beat hard from nervousness. I’m dreading where this conversation is going already.

“The photoshoot is not just for Miss Kim. It’s for the two of you”

“What?!” I exclaimed. I anticipated as much when she said I needed to change and get my hair and makeup done. Hyejin saying it out loud just made things real and not just an assumption anymore.

I quickly shut my mouth before I bowed at the other people with us in the room and mumbled an apology. I faced Hyejin and pouted at her while she just laughed at me. “Are you kidding me?” I whined at her, unconsciously stomping a foot on the floor.

“I’m not. These people are waiting for you.” She held my shoulders before she pushed me closer to the three people who’s just watching us. “They’re going to help you change and do your hair and makeup. Now, change. You’ll be next after Miss Kim finishes her first set”

“I can change. I can do my makeup. I can do my hair too. I don’t want to bother other people.” I turned to Hyejin and asked, “Why am I part of this photoshoot? I’m not a model. I don’t know how to model and pose. There must’ve been a mistake” I mumbled nervously as I held onto Hyejin’s arm.

“Just stop asking questions and change or else everyone would have to wait for you” she said, laughing when I frowned at her. “It’s for your wedding announcement. Now, change”

“Don’t leave me here…” I whispered as I pouted at her and held her arm with both of my hands now. “I’m nervous”

She chuckled and pinched my cheek. “I get why Miss Kim didn’t tell you. You might not be able to sleep from nervousness. And I’m not leaving you by yourself, okay?”

“Thank you.” I closed my eyes and sighed heavily before I covered my face with both of my palms and groaned loudly. I counted to ten before I took a deep breath and finally dropped my hands from my face. I turned around to the staff that was here to help me for today. I bowed at them again before I said, “My name’s Wheein. I’m sorry for the delays.” I gulped hard before I said, “What am I supposed to do?”

They told me to change first before fixing my hair and putting makeup on me. I grabbed the clothes they handed to me and went to the changing room. They grabbed my clothes from me and hung it on once I’m done changing. Instead of the shirt, suit pants, and blazer I’m wearing earlier, I’m now wearing black ripped jeans and white long-sleeve shirt. They told me to remove my cap and change out of my rubber shoes to black leather boots.

I sat in front of the huge vanity mirror while they busied with my hair and makeup. I constantly glanced at Hyejin’s reflection on the mirror. She’d always offer a huge smile and thumbs-up towards my direction to comfort me. I breathed deeply and cleared my throat several times. I wiped my sweaty palms on my jeans. The longer I stayed on the chair, the more I was getting nervous.

They put on darker makeup on me and tied my hair up in a high ponytail. A lot of hair spray was applied on my hair too. They slightly curled my bangs that partially covered my forehead down to my eyebrows. This effectively highlighted my eyes and made me look stronger.

After my hair and makeup was fixed, they made me wear accessories next. They also instructed me to half tucked my shirt before they made me choose between a denim and a leather jacket.

I glanced at Hyejin and asked, “Which one do you prefer?”

She pointed at the leather jacket and said, “I like this one”

“Yes, but which one do you think would be good on me?” I asked, clarifying it to her when she seemed to misinterpret the question.

“Oh…” She shrugged her shoulders and said, “I don’t know. What about you?”

I pouted at her before I faced the stylist and shyly whispered, “Can we ask Yong what she wants on me?”

“I’m sorry, Miss Jung. Miss Kim is currently busy” she said while I nodded and sighed heavily.

“Is the leather jacket warmer than the denim? I’m worried about sweating a lot later. My hands are already sweaty from being nervous”

“I think so, Miss Jung”

“Okay. I’ll just wear the denim one”

They folded the sleeves of the jacket once and left the collar up. I stood in front of the mirror again, chewing on the inside of my cheek from nervousness while they finished fixing everything on me.

Once done, I walked behind Hyejin as we moved out of the room. I held her arm while I followed her back to the studio. They were already done when we got outside.

I gripped Hyejin’s arm, earning a complaint from her when I gripped her arm harder than I wanted to. She wanted to smack me but just sighed instead. She patted my back and constantly told me that I’m going to be fine even though I don’t think I’ll be doing fine.

“Okay! Wheein! Where’s Wheein?” Miss Moon shouted as she searched the studio while I just gulped hard when I heard my name.

I hid behind Hyejin but she pushed me towards Miss Moon. Miss Moon chuckled softly and reached a hand at me. I took her hand and shook it before I bowed at her. “Hi…” I whispered, my voice shaking so badly.

“Hey! So I just want you to stand in the middle of the platform and pose for me. Just try to be natural, okay?”

My eyes widened as I asked her, “I’ll be taking pictures by myself?” That sounded even scarier. I was thinking I would pose with Miss Kim. Standing by myself would be difficult. I don’t know how I’d do that. “Why?”

She chuckled at me and said, “You’ll have individual shots then we’ll do another round of you two together. Yongsun would be taking a break first so we’ll start with your solo shots. Okay?”

Not okay. Definitely not okay.

I gulped hard as I turned to Hyejin. She smiled at me and nodded her head. “You can do it. You already worked with Miss Moon, so you’re already familiar with her.” She gently pushed me to the platform, coaxing me to stand in the middle of it. “Now, go. We’re here to help you. Don’t worry”

I pouted at her, wanting to cry but forcing myself not to in order not to ruin the efforts of the makeup artist. Hyejin and Miss Moon smiled at me encouragingly. I closed my eyes and breathed deeply as I counted to ten in my head. I wasn’t calm when I reached ten, but I still opened my eyes and timidly walked forward.

I stood in the middle of the platform, unsure what to do.

“Do whatever you want Wheein. You can jump or lie down. I got you” Miss Moon said behind her camera.

I don’t want to take pictures.

That’s what I wanted, especially with the many eyes watching me. I’m supposed to look at the camera but my gaze landed on those eyes that are watching me. My chest started to move erratically, breathing heavily as they continued to stare at me. I bent my head down and closed my eyes before I gripped the hem of my jacket. I concentrated on my breathing because the last thing I wanted to do is breakdown and faint in front of this many people.

I furrowed my eyebrows and counted to ten several times to calm myself down. My mouth was hanging open as I breathed deeply. I wanted to bury my fingers in my hair and slightly pull them back but I couldn’t do that as of the moment, which just made it hard for me to breathe.

Arms suddenly went around me before I felt kisses on my temple. I gasped, startled from it while my eyes widened. I was about to pull back but I saw a maroon blazer, making me realize that it was Miss Kim. I sighed heavily before I held onto her blazer, calming myself down now that she’s right in front of me.

“I got you, baby. I got you” she whispered right into my ear. She cupped my cheeks next and brought my gaze up to her worried eyes. “I’m sorry. I’m sorry I didn’t tell you about today. I just wanted you to have enough rest for this photoshoot and I’m worried that you might not be able to sleep if I told you what we’re doing right now. I’m sorry, Whee”

“Yong…” I whispered softly as I pouted at her.

She kissed my pouting lips before she kissed my forehead and whispered, “I got you. Don’t worry. I got you” she whispered as she continued to place soft kisses on my lips.

I closed my eyes and wrapped my arms around her waist. “I’m…” I whispered, pausing when she kissed me again. “I’m sorry. I’m bad at this”

“You’re not, Whee. You’re very good when we shot our prenup and wedding photos. You’re nervousness just blocked your capability right now. And I understand it. You’re not used to this, that’s why we’re only doing this once with Byul as our photographer. You’ll see someone familiar. Hyejin is here too. I’m here with you. I couldn’t stay all the time because I need to change but I’m here” she whispered gently as she stared at me intently.

I nodded as I held her wrists and whispered, “Okay… Okay…”

“Don’t look at those people behind the lights. They’re staff so I couldn’t kick them out, but try to ignore them, okay?”

I gulped hard before I whispered, “Okay. I’ll try. I’ll try my best, Yong”

She smiled at me and nodded her head. I could see a glimpse of her dimples this time. This is probably the biggest smile I’ve seen from her in person, making me unconsciously smile back at her. She leaned forward and kissed me deeply.

“Baby, you look beautiful.” She smiled at me before she wrapped her arms around me and pulled me closer to her. She turned to Miss Moon and said, “Can we start with the two of us instead before her solo shots?”

“I already took pictures earlier of you two, but now we have to stop because you kept ruining Wheein’s lipstick” Miss Moon grumbled as she glared at Miss Kim.

“I’m calming down my wife because you failed to calm her down, Byul. I thought you’d help her” Miss Kim argued while my eyes nervously bounced between her and Miss Moon.

She squeezed me once before she removed her arms around me when the makeup artist walked to us. Miss Kim held my hand and didn’t let go of it while the makeup artist fixed my lipstick.

“I was about to talk to her but then you suddenly showed up out of nowhere. How am I supposed to help her when you wouldn’t allow me?” I heard Miss Moon said.

The makeup artist that was reapplying my lipstick suddenly chuckled, making me furrow my eyebrows a little bit. She smiled at me and said, “It’s kind of ironic that their friendship was built over teasing and arguing”

“I intervened because you were just standing in front of her, watching her getting anxious” Miss Kim said, her hold on my hand tightening.

“This is my first time in Yong’s photoshoot. Are they always like this?” I whispered softly.

The makeup artist shook her head and whispered, “Before, yes. And then, not anymore. I think this is the first time they argued again, which is good even though it’s really ironic.” She nodded at me while I thanked her before she walked out of the platform.

“Noted. Next time, I’ll jump in and kiss Wheein right away so she’ll calm down” Miss Moon said, winking at me as she smirked while Miss Kim’s hold on my hand tightened.

“Don’t you dare” Miss Kim whispered between clenched teeth.

I held her hand with both of mine right away before I pulled her closer to me. I placed a kiss on her shoulder so I wouldn’t ruin my makeup while I heard Miss Moon’s laugh echoing in the building. “She was just teasing, Yong” I whispered to her.

Miss Kim closed her eyes and sighed heavily. She glanced at me again and cupped my cheek, rubbing her thumb gently on my cheek. “I know. But if she really does that, I don’t know what to do anymore” she said, making me chuckle at her softly.

I smiled at her and saw her giving me a small smile too, her dimples peeking at me again. I thought it was because we’re having a photoshoot. But now, I think she’s really genuinely smiling at me.

“Thank you. I’ll try my best not to get anxious, and you have nothing to apologize. Not telling me surprised me so much but I might be in a worse condition right now if I dreaded this day last night” I said to her.

She slowly leaned forward to kiss me again but stopped when Miss Moon suddenly shouted, “Stop ruining Wheein’s lipstick!”

She closed her eyes and groaned loudly before she faced Miss Moon. “You expect me not to kiss my wife when this is supposed to be for our marriage announcement?!” she angrily shouted at Byul.

I closed my eyes and sighed heavily. I leaned my forehead on Miss Kim’s shoulder and waited for them to stop arguing while I mentally gave myself a pep talk that I could do this. That I could pose in front of Miss Moon’s camera without minding those other people looking at me.

But what put me at ease the most is when I heard Miss Kim call me her wife. It sounded so good. I’ll just forget about the fact that it’s not real later. For now, I’m her wife and she’s mine too.

 

We proceeded with my solo shots after Miss Kim and I posed in front of Miss Moon. Hearing Miss Moon and Hyejin’s compliment helped me a lot while Miss Kim constantly put me at ease. Miss Kim had to go to the dressing room to change for the next photoshoot so she wasn’t there during my solo shots.

At some point, Miss Moon gave me a few minutes of break to sit down and drink water while the staff set up a microphone stand and plugged in an electro-acoustic guitar into an amplifier. Since they knew me as a singer, they wanted me to pose with the mic and the guitar.

When everything was done, I stood on the white platform again. Miss Moon made me pose with the guitar. She told me to strum the guitar so it would look more natural but my face would always break when I strummed the strings. The guitar was way out of tune.

I gulped hard before I muttered, “Uhmm… Could I tune the guitar first? It’s been bothering me so much? It won’t take that long”

Miss Mo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter