Chapter Seventeen

When We Lie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Yongsun and Jung Wheein spent their Wedding Anniversary in Japan

 

The couple have been spotted in Incheon International Airport three days before their wedding anniversary. On the same day, the couple were spotted arriving at the Tokyo International Airport. It was initially thought that Kim Yongsun flew to Japan for business purposes because she was accompanied by one of her secretaries. But then, the couple stayed in Japan while Kim Yongsun’s secretary flew back to Korea.

The two stayed in one of the hotels owned by the Kim Group of Companies. The couple was also spotted enjoying touring around the country and exploring various tourist spots. Many have shared their envy over the couple. Most fans of Jung Wheein have expressed that they’re mostly jealous of Kim Yongsun being married to Jung Wheein. Some are simply happy to know that the couple is enjoying their time with each other after receiving so much hate for their love with each other.

Kim Yongsun and Jung Wheein’s Marriage was just an Arrangement

 

An employee working under Atty. Sodam Park’s law firm leaked a copy of a contract signed by Kim Yongsun, being the first party, and Jung Wheein, the second party. The original photo was taken down right away but a lot has already seen it and have saved their own copy, spreading it even more across the country.

Apparently, Kim Yongsun hired Jung Wheein to pretend to be her wife. The contract stated that Kim Yongsun will be paying Jung Wheein 50,000USD on a monthly basis with a separate monthly pay of 10,000USD allocated for the medical expenses of Jung Wheein’s Mom who’s currently staying at a nursing home. One of the conditions would be for the second party to pretend as her wife at a minimum of two years and a maximum of five years, depending on the first party to file the divorce. It was also stated that both parties would be living under the same roof and that the second party shouldn’t be working with another job while the contract is on-going.

Many speculated that this might be the reason why until now Jung Wheein hadn’t signed any contract yet with the record labels who wanted to work with her. Fans of Jung Wheein were dismayed. They said that the singer broke their trust and expectations after believing in her and supporting her relationship with the KGC President, but everything was a lie.

Record Labels Withdrawing their Contract Offer to Jung Wheein

 

Following the leaked photo of Jung Wheein’s contract with Kim Yongsun, all the record labels who competed against each other to sign Jung Wheeinin in their agency have withdrawn their offer right away. The singer became the most wanted artist to the least wanted artist in a short span of time. The only agency that retained their offer on the singer was Sam Kim’s agency, which was suspected to be the doing of the Kim Family. Neither Kim Yongsun and Jung Wheein had spoken about their controversy as of the moment. Fans and supporters of the couple were dismayed and was shocked that the two went through great lengths to fool the whole country about their relationship

Park Law Firm Sued those who Possessed the Photo of the Contract

 

Atty. Sodam Park is currently on damage control through suing all of those who possessed the copy of the leaked contract. Atty. Sodam Park, one of the KGC President’s lawyers and a personal friend of Kim Yongsun, already sued the one who originally leaked the photo. The accused will be facing fines and years of being in jail. It was also said that the accused was allegedly a fan of one of Kim Yongsun’s previous suitors and was seeking revenge for their idol. Atty. Sodam Park is currently in the process of suing those who are illegally possessing the leaked photo and won’t be forgiving about this matter. The lawyer refused to further speak about this controversy and on behalf of the couple.

Park Chorong Speaks up Regarding Kim Yongsun and Jung Wheein Marriage Controversy

 

Park Chorong, EIC of Moonlark, speaks up about the controversy that revolved around the KGC President’s marriage arrangement with Jung Wheein. Park Chorong has been working with Kim Yongsun for years now since the KGC President was focused with her modelling career until she transitioned as the president of her family’s company. The two have become close friends other than simply colleagues at work.

Park Chorong said that when Kim Yongsun requested to have an exclusive interview with Moonlark for her wedding announcement, she was surprised by how sudden it was. She never judged her and accepted the request right away, feeling honored and privileged from the opportunity that Kim Yongsun gave them. She had no idea about the said arrangement and didn’t think about it when Kim Yongsun and Jung Wheein had the photoshoot and interview for the magazine. The staff and everyone they were with at that time said the same thing as the EIC as well.

Park Chorong added that after Kim Yongsun lost her older sister, Kim Yonghee, she thought she would never see her smile again. Then she saw her around Jung Wheein and was happy to see that the smile on the KGC President’s face was back again even when it was only directed to Jung Wheein. She said that the two were really sweet the entire photoshoot and interview. She personally interviewed Kim Yongsun and Jung Wheein herself and she could clearly see how the two were in love with each other. That’s why she was surprised that everything was just an arrangement. She said that Kim Yongsun and Jung Wheein were either really good at pretending or that they were really in love but just didn’t know it.

 

“Wheein… You awake already?”

“Hmm…” I grunted in response while my eyes were still closed. I heard Miss Kim chuckle softly behind me before she gently squeezed me in her arms and pushed her face further on the back of my head.

“Wake up already” she whispered behind me.

“Why are you up already when I still want to sleep?” I mumbled, my voice hoarse and deep early in the morning.

“We’re going out, remember? You promised to wake up early and wake me up. Now, it’s the other way around”

We’re still currently in Japan, staying in one of the hotels that Miss Kim’s family owned. Today’s the third and last day for us here since she doesn’t want me to stay far away from Mom longer. We’ll be flying back home tomorrow morning. On the first day that we’re here, she was with Koyuki and I went with them so I could see their hotels here. On the second day, I stayed in the hotel, then I went to the pool and swam on the shallow end, and then I went to the rooftop with my guitar and worked on some songs. Koyuki went back to Korea yesterday while we stayed for our wedding anniversary.

I placed my arms on top of hers around my waist while she pulled me even closer to her. “I’m sorry. I got tired from swimming and working on a song yesterday”

“Turn around. I want to see your face.” She loosened her hold around my waist but didn’t let go of me while I stretched my body first before I turned around. She was already wide awake and smiling in front of me. “Good morning” she whispered softly, making me smile at her.

“Good morning, Miss Kim. Did you have coffee already?” I mumbled, blinking my eyes at her as I tried to lift my heavy eyelids.

“Not yet.” She raised a hand up and cupped my cheek before she rubbed her thumb on it. “Can you do me a favor for today?”

I raised my eyebrows while my eyes finally opened without much effort. “What is it?”

“Don’t call me formally. Just call me Yong,” she said, her eyes turning serious as she stared right at me. “Wherever we are, whether we’re inside our room or out in public just call me Yong for today”

“Okay…” I whispered unsurely, not sure where she’s going with this.

“Also, let’s not think too much and just enjoy today. Let’s just forget everything, all our worries and fears, our responsibilities, and the things we had back home. Let’s just enjoy each other’s company today. Let’s not think about the paps, the media, and what others think, okay?”

“This is just for today only, right?” I asked her while she nodded at me. “Okay… And what happens after?”

She closed her eyes and sighed heavily before she stared at me intently and said, “We’ll get there. I don’t know yet but we’ll get there”

I slightly pouted at her while my eyebrows furrowed from confusion. I’m still incapable of thinking properly because I just woke up. I’m not sure if we’re going to enjoy and disregard our arrangement or if we’re going to enjoy but still pretending to be wives. But she said not to think too much though and that’s what I’m doing already.

I’ll just follow her lead.

“Okay…” I whispered as I nodded at her.

She smiled right away while my eyes went down to her dimples before I glanced at her eyes again as I smiled back at her. She suddenly leaned forward and kissed my forehead. “Is this okay?” she suddenly whispered, which surprised me.

We’ve kissed a lot of times already but I don’t understand why she is asking my consent to kiss my forehead. Are we stripping off our titles? Is this what she meant by forgetting everything? It feels like agreeing to what she asked me means that we’re forgetting about our arrangement. Like from here, we’re showing our raw self to each other. Is this what this is about? Because if it is, then her kissing me meant that she wanted to do it, and not because it’s for our arrangement.

“Yeah…” I struggled to whisper.

She kissed the tip of my nose next and whispered again, “How about this?”

“Yes…” I gulped hard. I don’t know what I’m going to do if she kisses my lips next.

She leaned her forehead on mine while I closed my eyes, panicking already early in the morning. My eyebrows furrowed when her hand on my cheek went to the back of my head and went deep within my hair. She pulled my face closer to her before she planted a soft kiss on my lips.

“How about that?” she whispered.

My mouth hung open and my breathing suddenly turned shallow. Is this what she meant by enjoying each other’s company? Is this what she meant by forgetting about everything?

“Yes…” I whispered before I felt her lips on mine right away, barely finishing my response to her.

She pulled my head to her chest while I wrapped my arms around her waist. She kissed the top of my head before she leaned her chin on it and sighed heavily. “We won’t be able to go to a lot of places since we only have today. After breakfast, we’ll walk around Tokyo first. Take pictures and maybe buy things for your Mom and your friends or anyone you know as souvenirs. You like that?”

“Of course”

She chuckled softly as she kissed the top of my head. She rolled on her back and made me lay my head on her shoulder. She grabbed my hand that’s still on her waist and raised it to her lips, kissing my palm before she held my hand.

“Then we’ll have lunch here in Tokyo then leave for Hitsujiyama Park to see the lawn of cherry blossoms. Before dinner, we’ll go to Arashiyama to see the bamboo forest.” She smiled at me as she said, “I have a surprise for you there”

My eyes widened as I raised my eyebrows at her, getting fully awake now. “What is it?”

She chuckled as she raised my hand and kissed it again. “That’s why it’s called surprise, Whee. You’re not supposed to know it yet until we get there. I’m just building anticipation”

I pouted and furrowed my eyebrows at her. “That’s unfair. I didn’t have something for you. You should’ve told me that you’re planning a surprise so I could make one for you too. This is unfair”

She smiled so wide and laughed softly again as she pinched my cheek. “Maybe you’ll surprise me during my surprise too”

“What do you mean?”

She only shook her head before she turned her body to me. She placed soft kisses on my lips while she pushed me to lie on my back this time. She laid her body on top of mine while I slightly grunted when I didn’t expect for her to put her weight on me. She continued to place soft kisses on my lips, making me giggle at her. She showered kisses all over my face in between her own giggles before she pushed her face on my neck, her breath from her giggles slightly tickling me.

I softly tugged on her pajama top, trying to pull her away from me as I whined, “Your breath tickles my neck.” She pulled her face back only to blow air on my neck and on my ear, making me squirm and yelp. “Stop it!” I shouted, trying to push her face and body off of me.

“Where else are you ticklish, baby?”

She ran her fingers on my side while I thrashed my body in between loud laughter when she wouldn’t stop at all. She’s laughing so loud as well too. I tried grabbing her hands and pushed her weight off of me but she pinned her knees on either side of my body and sat on me. I’m still tired but she’s way stronger than me even when I’m fully awake. There’s no way I could defeat her.

“Stop it!” I screamed again, my stomach hurting from laughing too much. “Yong!”

Teasing fingers were finally off me and stopped tickling me. My chest moved up and down from my heavy breaths while I tried to catch my breath. She was still sitting on top of me, laughing so hard. I took a deep breath before I frowned at her.

“That…” I inhaled and exhaled deeply and gulped hard before I whispered, “That was mean”

She chuckled softly and brushed my hair away from my face as she leaned forward. She cupped my cheeks and kissed my forehead. “I’m sorry. I was having way too much fun.” She placed a soft kiss on my cheeks before she looked and smiled at me. “Do you want to shower first?”

“I think you should go first. Let me catch my breath”

“Okay…” She kissed my forehead again before she moved her weight off me and climbed out of the bed. She headed to the bathroom inside the room while I watched her from the bed. “Please don’t wear your cap later.” She pushed the bathroom door open and turned the lights on inside the bathroom. Then she turned around and glanced at me as she leaned on the door frame. “I want to see your face for the whole day”

I chuckled as I shook my head at her. She really hates my habit of wearing caps. “Okay. I won’t”

“Thanks.” She smiled at me before she pushed herself off the doorframe, went inside the bathroom, and closed the door.

I sighed heavily and closed my eyes before I stared at the ceiling. We’ve been sweet before, far more than what we were just this morning but it’s definitely different now than before. In those times, we were just acting. Well, my responses to her weren’t but technically, we are. Now, I couldn’t say that it was acting at all. There’s no reason for her to do those things other than because she wanted to. Her smile was definitely bigger and that was the loudest laugh I’ve heard from her. I couldn’t see Miss Kim or the president of a large company. I see the woman with the wide smile in the pictures of Yonghee’s room. I see Yong.

She also asked me a favor and that’s to forget everything. Was she telling me that what we’re doing right now is nothing related to work at all? That this is not part of our arrangement? That we should be ourselves? Because if it is, then maybe Hyejin was right when she said that Miss Kim was jealous in those times. Maybe she really has feelings for me? Maybe that is the surprise? I don’t know…

I would love to believe that everything that’s happening right now is real. It’s just that I’m still bugged by the fact that she said to never fall in love with her on the first day we met. Whatever is going to happen today, I hope it will turn out great for the two of us.

 

“You bought so much…” I whined as I pouted at Miss Kim.

We walked around Tokyo for a couple of hours and took pictures wherever and whenever we wanted. We just had lunch and we dropped by this souvenir store. I was just eyeing things but I didn’t mean to buy yet. I wanted to choose first. I was just telling her that I find something nice and I think a friend likes it or if Mom would love it, but it didn’t mean that I’d actually buy them. I don’t want to buy a lot and spend a lot of money. However, she picked all of those things I found nice and cute and bought all of them. Now, I’m carrying a paper bag full of souvenirs as we headed back to the car.

“You said you liked them for your Mom and your friends”

“I know but that doesn’t mean I’d buy them. I was still choosing”

I bowed at the driver who opened the door for us before I went inside the car. I placed the paper bag beside me before I fastened my seatbelt. She sat beside me and fastened her seatbelt before she placed her arm around my shoulders and made me lean on her.

“I already bought them so stop whining already.” She chuckled when she saw me still pouting at her. She quickly kissed my lips before she leaned her cheek on my head. “Stop pouting already”

“What about you though? Aren’t you going to buy things for your Dad and cousins?”

“They could afford to buy whatever they want. And besides, I don’t know what to give them”

I sat up straight as I faced her. “I’ll help you!” I said excitedly. “They could afford the material things but it’s the thought that would make it special. It just means you thought of them even when you’re away from them. We should buy gifts for them too!”

She smiled right away when she saw how excited I was. “Yeah? How would you help me then?”

“Let’s see…” She pulled me back to lean on her while I held her other hand. “Sam plays the guitar, so maybe we’ll buy him a plectrum or a guitar strap”

“What’s a plectrum?”

“Guitar pick. The small triangle ones. Like the onigiris that we ate earlier. Just small and thin version of it”

She chuckled and kissed my temple before she leaned her head on mine again. “You really love those?” she asked while I smiled and nodded at her. “Okay… so we’re buying a strap and a pick for Sam. What else?”

“What about for Taehyung? I don’t know him that much other than he’s sporty and likes music too. I don’t know the rest of your cousins that much so I couldn’t think of something to buy for them.” I turned to her and asked, “What do your cousins like or their hobbies are?”

She sighed heavily as she whispered, “Let’s see… Tae, likes paintings”

“That’s it! Buy him one or like a mini painting. It doesn’t have to be expensive. Just something that you think he’d like. If he won’t like it, then at least you’ll know what not to buy him anymore. Okay, next” My eyebrows scrunched as I pouted at her. “You have so many cousins…”

She laughed as she nodded at me. “If I’m going to buy for each of them, we might waste our day looking for things to buy for them. Let’s just enjoy the day for us, okay? I’ll buy them gifts some other time”

“But you bought for me”

“Because you already know what your friends and Mom like. I still have to think for my cousins”

She wanted to enjoy the day though. I guess we'll buy things some other time then. I sighed heavily before I leaned my head on her shoulder and held her hand again. I stared at my thumb that’s tracing one of her knuckles.

“Yong…”

“Whee…”

“I… Uhmm…” I stuttered, chewing on my bottom lip while I tried to think if I should just drop the subject or not.

“What is it, Whee?”

I sighed heavily and closed my eyes tightly before I whispered, “If you’d buy something for your sister, what would it be? You don’t have to answer the question if you don’t want to. I just wanted to know since I haven’t met her yet and I think it’d be a way to get to know her.” I shook my head vigorously before I sighed heavily again, instantly regretting voicing out my question. “I shouldn’t have asked. I knew it was a bad idea to ask. I’m sorry”

She squeezed my hand while she kissed the top of my head. “It’s okay. I’d like you to meet her too, Whee.” She wrapped her arms around me and pulled me closer to her. “I still don’t know what I’d buy her but I know she likes fashion. She buys clothes and alters them, making them like her own. She likes styling me when I go to auditions back when I was still starting my modelling career. Dad bought her this sewing machine when she was still ten. He thought it was just a hobby but it got stuck. She also has this sketchbook that's full of sketches of clothes she designed herself. They're still inside her room until now.”

So if her sister’s into fashion and she’s into modelling, why did they become presidents of their company?

“Thank you for telling me about her.” I raised her hand and kissed her wrist. Then I turned to her, cupped her cheek, and kissed her lips softly. “Thank you,” I said again.

“No problem, baby. You can always ask me anything”

“What’s your surprise for me?”

She pinched my cheek as she heartily laughed out loud. “You’re such a trickster”

I pouted at her and mumbled, “You said I can ask you anything”

“Anything except for that”

“Ah!” I exclaimed as I stared at her in disbelief. “Now, who’s the trickster?” I whined.

She cupped my cheek and pulled me to her before she placed soft kisses all over my face. She touched our foreheads before she whispered, “I don’t know what to do with you sometimes. And I don’t know what I’d do without you too”

I would never know where I’d be right now without her as well.

The car suddenly stopped before the driver told us that we’re in Hitsujiyama Park already. She kissed my cheek and smiled at me before she removed her seatbelt. I removed my seatbelt and cleared my throat a couple of times as I tried to calm myself down when she suddenly made me blush by what she said. She moved out of the car first before I followed then she held my hand.

“Woah…” I whispered, my mouth hanging open as I stared at a vast field of nothing but various shades of pink cherry blossom flowers. I pointed at the field as I squeezed her hand. “Yong…” I whispered before I turned to look at her. She’s smiling at me instead of looking at the field.

“You like it?” she asked while I smiled back at her and nodded my head excitedly.

Before we got to tour around the field, the staff told us what we could do and not do around the field. They specifically said not to pluck the flowers, step on them or by any means, destroy them. We could only walk on the pathways and take pictures. After listening to the reminders, we’re finally allowed to tour around the park.

We started by taking pictures like what we did in Tokyo. We took pictures together a lot of times. Then I asked her to pose while I took pictures of her. She carried herself with ease when she posed for me. She’s not just good at using her body, but she’s utilizing her surroundings too.

Then we switched roles. Since I don’t know much about posing, I just followed her instructions while she moved around to find the perfect angle for me. I don’t know what that means because all I did when I took her pictures is make sure that she’s in the frame and capture the photo.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter