Chapter Eleven

When We Lie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

KGC Hotel Chains received backlash for Kim Yongsun’s alleged relationship with Jung Wheein

 

The several hotels under the KGC all over the country started receiving negative comments from people because of the president’s ual orientation. Fans of Kwak Siyang and Eric Nam have been gathering people to boycott Kim Yongsun’s hotel chains because of their dismay to the KGC President.

Protests have been appearing in front of the various KGC hotels but were easily removed from the security and the police. Despite the fans’ best efforts, a lot of people have supported Kim Yongsun’s alleged relationship with Jung Wheein. Employees who have interacted with the singer testified about Jung Wheein’s character and their support of her to their president. Even non-employees starting voicing out that they didn’t see her as someone who’s using the KGC President’s fame or money to boost herself.

There is also a speculation of changing the presidency from Kim Yongsun to Kim Taehyung, the current KGC President’s cousin and one of the executives in the company. No one has confirmed if there will be a change of the presidency or a votation to replace Kim Yongsun with Kim Taehyung.

 

I sighed heavily as I opened my still heavy eyelids. I stared at the bedside table and at the lamp in front of me, still a little bit disoriented from being awake early in the morning. Then I rubbed my palms on my face and tried to wake myself up. I glanced at the clock inside the bedroom and saw that it’s already a few minutes past six.

I rubbed my hands on the arms around my waist before I reached behind me and patted a hand on Miss Kim’s shoulder. “Miss Kim…” I whispered before I cleared my throat from its hoarseness. “Miss Kim, it’s already six. You have to get up now for work”

I smiled and laughed silently when she wrapped her arms around me tightly and pushed her face further on the back of my head. She groaned in protest and shifted on the bed before she sighed heavily. Her arms around me started to feel loose again as she slowly fell back to sleep.

“Miss Kim.” I patted her shoulder again and her arms around me. “I have to get up so I could also cook us breakfast”

“Stay…” she whispered, her lips moving right at the back of my head.

“Should I call Hyejin and tell her that you’re not going to work today?”

“No… Let’s just stay for five more minutes” she whispered as she sighed heavily again.

“Okay…”

I thought the first night that we slept so close together while we held each other in bed would be the last one I’d experience. Well, it was technically the last one since the following nights after that, Miss Kim was the only one holding onto me. But that wasn’t the only night that we’re sleeping close to each other. The nights after that, we slept with my back on Miss Kim’s front.

I expected that we’d go back to how we usually sleep in bed. She gave a strong emphasis on how she doesn’t want to be touched in bed back then. My back was to her and I was surprised that arms went around my waist before I was pulled back. She attached my body to her before she whispered good night to me, which gave me a clue that we’d be sleeping that way. It happened again and again and never changed since.

I reached behind me again and patted her shoulder. “Miss Kim, five minutes have already passed”

“Five more…”

I chuckled softly and turned around to face her while her arms were still around me. I smiled so wide when I saw her blinking her eyes, trying to fight off sleep and trying to stay awake. She looks so cute and cuddly every time she wakes up. Two words I never imagined I would associate with Miss Kim the first time we met.

“What do you want for breakfast?”

She sighed deeply and closed her eyes before she whispered, “Anything. You cook amazing. And coffee. I definitely need coffee”

“Okay. Thank you. You should get up now, Miss Kim, or else you’d be late”

“Okay…”

I smiled at her as I watched her roll on her back. I climbed off the bed when her arms loosened around me. Then I reached both of my hands to her as I stood at the side of the bed. She tilted her head to the side, stretching her neck, before she held both of my hands. I pulled her up and helped her out of the bed.

“Thank you” she mumbled.

I nodded and smiled at her before I released her hands. I walked out of the bedroom while she headed to the bathroom to shower.

Since we slept really close, I have become Miss Kim’s alarm clock. I usually wake up to her climbing off the bed before she heads to the bathroom. These past few weeks though, she seemed so tired and had a hard time getting off the bed.

I was scared to wake her up at first because she might get mad at me, but I did it anyway. I’m worried that she might be late for work or if she was feeling sick at that time. I sighed in relief when she thanked me for waking her up.

Now, other than cooking for her and visiting her in Olympus by lunch, Miss Kim holding me close when we sleep and waking her up has become our routine. And I love this new routine addition.

I tied my hair in a bun as I walked down the stairs. I first set Miss Kim’s coffee before I started heating milk for myself. I heated up the leftover tteokbokki we had for dinner yesterday since she seemed to like it. While the rice was still cooking, I scrambled eggs and sliced some fruits. I also heated up some kimchi because she liked that one too.

I was setting up the table when Miss Kim came down all dressed up for work. She poured herself some coffee and grabbed my glass of milk. She took a sip of her coffee, grunting from satisfaction as she walked to the dining table. I invited Mr. Cho to eat with us but he declined and said that he already had breakfast.

“Do you still have some of this tteokbokki?” Miss Kim asked, dabbing tissue around her lips after we had finished eating breakfast.

“Not anymore. Why?” I gathered all our empty plates and carried them with me as I stood up.

“Could you make some for lunch later?”

I stared at her as I raised my eyebrows. “You still want to eat tteokbokki?” I asked her while she simply nodded at me as she emptied her coffee. “We already have tteokbokki for two consecutive meals. You want me to make you some more?” I asked in disbelief while she nodded her head again.

A smile slowly formed on my lips before I chuckled at her softly. She eyed me curiously as she leaned back on her seat. I learned some gourmet dishes for her and asked Mom to help me with other recipes. She always compliments me with my cooking, but this is probably the first time she asked me to eat something I cooked consecutively. I could not believe tteokbokki beat all of those things.

“What’s wrong?” she asked, her eyebrows furrowing a little bit.

“You really want to eat tteokbokki for three consecutive times?” I asked her again.

“Is it wrong to eat tteokbokki consecutively?”

I shook my head right away as I giggled at her. “No. It’s just that… I just find it… interesting” I whispered while my eyes roamed everywhere, not sure if I used the right word. I shook my head again and smiled at Miss Kim. “I’ll cook again for you.” I pushed my chair back before I walked to the kitchen. “What else do you want for lunch?” I placed the plates on the sink while Miss Kim brought with her the remaining plates and her empty mug.

“That’s all” she said, making me chuckle softly again. She stood up beside me and placed the remaining plates on the sink while I started washing the dishes. She went upstairs to brush her teeth and get her bag while I washed the dishes.

When I was done, Miss Kim was still upstairs so I went out to greet Mr. Cho since I couldn’t offer him bread this time. Over the months that I met Miss Kim, I wasn’t just able to pay Mom’s medical bills. I was also able to meet someone who cares about me so much like I’m his daughter. I know Mr. Cho was doing things for me on behalf of Miss Kim, but Mr. Cho did not just drive me around from point A to point B. He genuinely cares about me too.

“Wheein…”

I glanced behind me and saw Miss Kim coming towards the car. Mr. Cho went to the backseat door and opened it for Miss Kim while I stayed standing by the passenger seat. I smiled when she stood in front of me and held my hand.

“Thanks for the breakfast” she said as she stared at me intently.

“No problem, Miss Kim”

“Don’t go out by yourself” she reminded me again while I nodded at her.

“Don’t tire yourself from working too much” I said while she nodded at me this time.

She squeezed my hand once before she let go of it. “I’ll see you later.” She walked to the backseat while I took a step away from the car so I could wave at them.

“I’ll see you too. I love you”

Miss Kim stopped walking while my hand that was waving at them froze. I instantly shook my head vigorously when Miss Kim turned around and stared at me intently. It seemed so natural after saying and meaning it a lot of times that it came out of my mouth so easily.

“I’m sorry. I just got used to saying it that it just came out so natural. I didn’t mean it, Miss Kim” I muttered nervously while my heart made it worse for me when it skipped three beats after lying to her. I gulped hard and bowed at her. “I’m really sorry, Miss Kim. I didn’t mean it. I was just doing my job. I forgot we don’t need to pretend as of the moment.” I shut my eyes tightly while still bowing at her and fisted my pajama pants from nervousness while my heart skipped three beats the second time.

“It’s okay. Stand up straight, Wheein”

I followed what she said right away and fidgeted with the buttons of my pajama top while I still bent my head low. “I’m really sorry, Miss Kim”

“It’s okay. Stop apologizing” Miss Kim said gently.

I nodded at her before I glanced at her face to see if she caught me lying. I was surprised to see a little disappointment and sadness in her eyes though. I’m not so sure if she’s really disappointed, but I know what sadness looked like on her eyes after seeing it a couple of times. What I don’t understand is why she’s sad.

“I’ll see you later” Miss Kim said before she got inside the car right away.

“I’ll see you later, Wheein” Mr. Cho said, patting on my head softly as he passed by me.

“I’ll see you too, Mr. Cho”

I waved at them goodbye and stayed outside of the house until I couldn’t see the car. I dropped my hand to my side and sighed heavily as I closed my eyes.

That was the first time I slipped. Miss Kim let me slide but I don’t know how long I could cover it. How long I could lie about it until she finally realized that I really do love her. I decided to stay and continue to lie even if it felt wrong. I’m just waiting for her to finally see through all my actions and words. And I think that’s going to happen anytime soon since Miss Kim’s such an intelligent person.

Then I’ll say goodbye. Or if she gives me the chance to do it.

 

When I reached Miss Kim’s office for lunch, she and Hyejin weren't there. Only Miss Kim’s seven secretaries were there. I greeted all of them before I went inside her office. I unpacked all the food containers I brought and placed them all on the coffee table by the couch. Then I picked up the container with the extra tteokbokki I made for her secretaries as I walked out of the office. All seven of them were already starting to gather at the lounge area to have lunch.

“I brought tteokbokki this time,” I said to them as I placed the container on the table while they thanked me.

“Do you want to sit with us while waiting for them, Miss Jung?” Jieun offered, pointing at the chair at the head of the table.

I glanced at the wall clock and saw that it’s already time for Miss Kim’s break. “It’s already lunch break. They’re probably on their way” I said before I glanced at Jieun.

“Oh no. Miss Kim’s having an executive meeting right now. They usually take so long to finish. Sometimes way past lunch time already, Miss Jung” Eunseong said as she sat across Jieun.

I frowned at that, thinking that Hyejin and Miss Kim might be hungry already. “Won’t they have at least a break? They must be hungry” I whispered worriedly, slightly pouting as I sat down on the chair that Jieun offered to me.

“They will, but usually,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter