Chapter Sixteen

When We Lie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jung Wheein was allegedly using Kim Yongsun and her Family Connections

 

Despite the couple’s announcement during the KGC’s 30th founding anniversary, many are still accusing Jung Wheein of using Kim Yongsun to gain fame and money. They said that her association with the KGC President shot her to fame right away to the point that many record labels are competing to sign a deal with her. They also said that she’s using the Kim family connections and power to achieve her dreams from a lowly restaurant singer to the most wanted artist of this time. Many also spoke out that her mother’s illness was fake and was a way to gain sympathy from the people.

Fans of Jung Wheein, MAS, Sandeul, and Sam Kim defended Jung Wheein against those malicious accusations. They said that Jung Wheein could be a famous singer by herself without any help from Kim Yongsun. She was already famous back when she was still in MAS. Fans said that she only needed an agency to handle her and bring her to the mainstream content. There were also paps that spotted Jung Wheein and Kim Yongsun one time when they were visiting Wheein’s mother in the nursing home, proving that her mother’s illness wasn’t fake. Many could also testify that the couple’s relationship is real after witnessing the two a lot of times.

Jennie Kim, commonly known as Ruby Jane and Kim Yongsun’s cousin, spoke up and defended her cousin’s relationship with Jung Wheein during her press conference when she released her new single. She said that the two were really in love and that there’s no way Jung Wheein could be using her cousin for fame. If Jung Wheein were really using the family’s connections, she could’ve done that a long time ago already. She also said to stay out of her cousin’s private life. She and the rest of the family were glad to see the KGC President smiling and laughing again after the Kim Family lost former KGC President Kim Yonghee.

 

I groaned as I sighed heavily and stirred on the bed. I rolled on my back and felt like the bed was so huge. I patted the space beside me and found nothing but sheets. There were no arms around my waist as well that would usually anchor me on my side.

I groaned loudly and stretched my body, feeling my arms and legs sore after all the things I did on the beach since this morning. I slowly lifted my heavy eyelids and saw that the bedroom was dark and empty. I wiped both of my palms on my face to get rid of sleep and gave myself ten seconds to just lay down. Then I pushed myself up and grabbed my phone on the bedside table. It’s already almost eight in the evening, which means it’s way past our dinner time.

I turned the lights on in the bedroom before I headed to the living room area of our hotel room. I turned the lights on in there as well and discovered that Miss Kim is not in our room. I remembered her taking a call when we’re supposed to take a nap. She said she’d be back. I guess she didn’t.

I dialled her number and placed the phone on my ear while I scratched my back. I closed my eyes and stayed standing in the middle of the living room while listening to the ringing on my phone.

“Whee…” Miss Kim answered right away.

“Did you have dinner already?” I mumbled, bending my head low when it felt too heavy to raise it.

“Did you just wake up?” she asked instead of answering my question, before I heard her soft chuckles.

“I’m sorry I woke up late. Have you had dinner already?”

“I’m waiting for you. Come down here so we could have dinner together”

“Where?”

“At the buffet area where we had lunch”

“Okay…” I said, my voice croaking. I cleared my throat before I mumbled, “Let me change out of my pajamas. I’ll be there in a few minutes”

“Okay. Don’t get lost”

I pouted as I whined, “I won’t”

She chuckled once again before she said, “I’ll see you later”

She ended the call right away while I was still standing in the middle of the room with my eyes closed. I’m so exhausted and I wanted to sleep some more. Then my stomach rumbled loudly, making me groan and completely waking me up.

I sighed heavily, opened my eyes, and lifted my head up before I headed back to the bedroom. I went to my suitcase since we didn’t bother to unpack anymore. She only packed beach outfits, swimsuits, and my pajamas for me. I grabbed a black denim shorts and white strap shirt before I headed to the bathroom to change. I also washed my face to wake myself up and brushed my bangs to the side before I headed out of the room, bringing my phone with me.

I went down to the main lobby of the hotel and then walked to the reception desk because I forgot where the buffet area was. I bowed and thanked the receptionist before I followed her instructions. I smiled and sighed in relief when I saw a lot of people inside the room through the glass door. I gently pushed the door opened and scanned my eyes all over the place. I could hear soft chatters from the people inside the room, but it’s not annoyingly loud inside.

I dialled Miss Kim’s number again when I couldn’t find her. I slowly walked around the place, biting my bottom lip while I continued to search for her and waited for her to answer my call.

“Walk straight” Miss Kim said the moment she answered my call.

“What?” I asked, my eyebrows furrowing from confusion.

“I’m looking at you right now. Just follow my instructions. Walk straight”

“Oh, okay.” I walked on the aisle in between the tables and walked straight as she instructed. “Do I have to continue walking more?”

“Yup. Walk straight”

My eyebrows furrowed while I slightly pouted when I could still hear her saying for me to walk straight. “Should I walk some more?”

“Walk straight” she whispered softly.

I stopped walking instead while I could hear her telling me to continue walking. I raised an index finger up and touched the wall in front of me. I furrowed my eyebrows more when I discovered it’s really solid. I thought there was something behind it because she kept telling me to walk straight.

I cleared my throat and said, “Yong… I can’t walk through walls”

“What?” I heard shuffling on her end before she said, “Oh, sorry. Turn around and walk straight again”

“Are you sure about that?”

“Yes, I’m sorry. I didn’t see that you passed us already. Turn around and walk straight again”

I sighed heavily and turned around as I reluctantly walked straight again. I could hear her chuckling softly on the other end while the people around the buffet area had started turning their heads towards my direction. I bent my head low and groaned softly, starting to feel embarrassed already.

“Okay, stop”

I stopped and scanned my eyes on the nearby table around me. She’s not here.

“Jump forward”

“What?!” I exclaimed, regretting instantly when the people near me eyed me worriedly. I mumbled an apology to them before I bent my head low and avoided possible eye contact. “What? Why? Why do I need to jump?” I tapped my foot on the floor in front of me and frowned when nothing seemed wrong about it. “Why?”

“You just have to jump forward”

I closed my eyes and groaned. “Why do you have to embarrass me?”

“Just jump forward, Whee” she said, I could hear the smile from her voice. She’s definitely teasing me now.

“Yong…”

“Come on”

“I’ll just go back to our room. I’ll eat when there’s no one in here. I’ll call Hyejin so she’d accompany you”

“Hyejin is here with me. She wanted to see you jump too”

Now that she said that, I could definitely hear my best friend’s laugh on her end. I can’t believe they’re teaming up to tease me. Miss Kim teases me lightly. Hyejin teases me a lot. This is definitely Hyejin’s doing. She’s influencing Miss Kim so badly.

“No…”

“Please. Just one jump and I promise I’ll tell you where we are right now”

“I don’t want to go there anymore”

“Come on… Just this one”

I shut my eyes tightly and silently groaned before I opened my eyes and saw that no one was in front of me. I gulped hard, my heart pounding so loudly as I jumped forward right away. I didn’t jump high up, just a small one before I could even change my mind and contemplate my entire life.

“Turn right and walk straight. You could see us at the end of the row”

I hung up right away and didn’t bother to answer. I could feel myself blush hard as I turned right and walked straight. I could feel eyes around me and I wanted to cry, ran to Mom, and hid behind her. Why do the people in my life like to tease me a lot?

I saw a smirking Hyejin and a smiling Miss Kim at the end of the row. Hyejin gave me thumbs up while I glared at her. It only made her laugh uncontrollably. I sighed heavily and saw Miss Kim pulling her chair back before she reached both of her hands to me. I pouted at her while she chuckled and pulled me to sit on her lap sideways.

“Why?” I whined as she pulled me closer to her. I buried my face on her neck while her arms went around me and held me tightly.

She chuckled while she showered kisses on the side of my head. “I love you, Whee. I love you so much”

“Why do you have to embarrass me?”

“I’m sorry. I was just teasing you. It can’t be helped when you looked so cute when you got inside the room. I’m sorry”

“Please don’t do that again…”

“I’ll try not to” she said, but I couldn’t trust it because I could hear the teasing tone in her voice. She kissed my temple before she whispered right into my ear, “Are you hungry already?”

“Yeah…”

“Let me finish the meeting first then we’ll eat right away”

I instantly pulled my face away from her while my eyes widened. “You’re in a meeting? Why didn’t you tell me? I shouldn’t have disturbed you. You shouldn’t have let me disturbed you”

“We’re almost done. I’ll just have to tell them a few reminders then dismiss the meeting” she said while I ignored her and mumbled an apology as I bowed to the people around the table. I pushed myself up but Miss Kim held me on her lap. “Stay here”

“Yong…” I whined as I pouted at her.

She cupped my cheeks and kissed my pouting lips before she made me lean on her shoulder again. I closed my eyes and groaned loudly while she looped her arms around me again. “This won’t take a minute. Just stay here” she whispered while I nodded. It’s not like I have any choice at all.

I wrapped my arms around her waist and stayed still on her lap. I tried to be invisible while she continued the meeting like nothing happened. She sounded different when she’s talking to her employees even though I’m sitting right on her lap. It’s not that she’s being mean but there’s always a way where her voice carried authority in it that she never used to me anymore. She only used it on the first two meetings that we had in the Apollo Towers, but after that, not anymore.

When they were done with the meeting, she rubbed a hand on my back while placing soft kisses on the side of my head. “Let’s eat. You said you were hungry already” she whispered.

“Okay.” I pulled away from her neck and stared at her face. It’s obvious from her eyes that she’s tired already. “You didn’t take a rest? Not one bit?”

“I know I said I would come back to bed earlier but I had to take the emergency call. Then I have to meet the people who're heading the management team here and give them my evaluation and the feedback from the employees before it’s opening next month”

I cupped her cheeks and nodded at her. I don’t want to argue. I couldn’t argue. She’s always busy even if it worries everyone around her so much. I placed a lingering kiss on her forehead before I pulled back and smiled at her, seeing the dimples below her lips appearing once again.

“Let’s eat then. You must be hungry too”

I stood up and carried her laptop for her while she held my other hand. We followed Hyejin towards the table where her secretaries were. I placed her laptop there before we headed to the rows of food on the side of the room. My mouth salivated and my stomach grumbled loudly when we reached the row of food. By the time we walked back to our table, I’m carrying two plates filled with food: seafood on one plate, and meat and vegetable salad on the other.

“Were you really that hungry?” Miss Kim asked as we sat down on the table.

“I’ve never moved so much in my life than this afternoon” I whispered as I stared at the plate in front of me, scanning my eyes on all the food to decide where I should start first.

“Start with the shrimp. They have amazing shrimp here” Hyejin mumbled beside me.

I glanced at her and saw her stuffing shrimp to . I nodded at her and followed what she did. My eyes widened at Hyejin as I chewed my food. Her eyes widened and nodded at me before she went back to her own plate while I heard Miss Kim chuckling beside me. In no time my shrimp is gone and so are the rest of the seafood on my plate.

“Try this one” Miss Kim said beside me, feeding me what seemed to be like beef.

I swallowed the salad I’m eating first and drank some water. Then I opened my mouth to her while she fed me the beef. My eyebrows furrowed instantly when it’s too hard to chew the beef. I glanced at Miss Kim and asked, “You want me to make this for you?”

She reached for the tissue in the middle of the table. “Yes, but I didn’t expect it to be that hard. Is it supposed to be that hard?” She cupped my chin with the tissue and said, “Spit it out”

I wanted to swallow it but it’s really giving me a hard time. She covered my mouth with the tissue before I pushed the beef out of my mouth and into the tissue. I grabbed my glass of water and drank from it while she wrapped more tissue so it wouldn’t look disgusting on the table.

“It’s not supposed to be that hard,” I said to her.

Miss Kim beckoned one of the servers on the buffet table to us. “Can you call the head chef for me? I need to talk to them”

My eyes momentarily widened while I gulped hard. I’m scared of what I heard from her. I hope she doesn’t scold whoever was the head chef but the beef was really impossible to eat. Then she asked her secretaries if she was the only one who had the bad beef or not.

I leaned towards Hyejin and whispered, “Is she going to fire the head chef?”

“No” Hyejin said confidently.

“Are you sure? Because I feel guilty for commenting at all”

She chuckled and shook her head at me. “She’s scary but she’s not that mean. Was she ever mean to you?”

“One time”

Hyejin’s eyebrows rose up when she heard that before she furrowed them. “Must be because she was jealous”

I shook my head vigorously and said, “No way”

Hyejin only chuckled at me before she went back to eating. I pouted at her, definitely sure that Miss Kim was not jealous at that time. She was mad. She was mad because she thought I was flirting with Taehyung, Sam, and even Sandeul. Was s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter