[Interlude, pt. 3]

When We Lie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Yongsun's POV

 

My secretaries decided to drink for our last night here in Psamathe. We were staying near the pool bar so the drinks would be near to us. They were drinking soju while I’m drinking my wine and Wheein was drinking her milk. For the past few minutes, all they ever did was convince my wife to drink with them. She doesn’t want to. I was just watching all eight of them convince Wheein to at least drink one glass.

“I don’t want to!” Wheein shouted as she pouted at all of them.

“One glass! One glass can’t hurt you! Drop your milk!” Hyejin argued.

I bit my bottom lip as I watched the two of them, trying not to laugh or smile at the scene in front of me. Hyejin is already mad at her best friend because Wheein was so persistent. Nobody’s drinking yet except for me. The secretaries wanted to do a commemoration shot with Wheein, or so what they said, but Wheein doesn’t want to.

“Don’t want to!” Wheein argued to Hyejin, pulling her milk away from Hyejin’s reach while Hyejin glared at her.

I leaned closer to Wheein and kissed her cheek before I whispered, “You can just drink one glass. If you can’t handle it, don’t drink anymore just so they could start drinking”

“But I don’t want to… You know I couldn’t handle that” she whined softly as she pouted at me.

I chuckled at her and was about to answer her but stopped when I heard someone call my name. I looked up and saw Siyang standing a few feet from our circle. I placed my glass on the table and stood up before I walked towards him, surprised that he’s here.

“Siyang, hi. How are you?” I said before I shook his hand and leaned forward as we kissed each other’s cheek.

“I had a shoot somewhere near here and found out that you’re here. I dropped by before we’ll be going back to Seoul just to say hi and check on you” he said, smiling at me. “I found out weeks ago that you’re already married. I see now why you never hesitated to do the shoot with me that time. I guess it’s not a secret anymore”

“Yeah… It was a really great help. Thank you again for that.” I pointed behind me and said, “Let me introduce you to my wife”

He smiled wider as he nodded at me. “That would be wonderful”

I turned around and saw Hyejin winking and smiling at me so wide. I guess she’s the reason why Siyang found out about me being here. And the reason for telling him why I’m here is evident on the way Wheein gripped her carton of milk, the way she glared at Siyang, and the way she slightly pouted her lips at me.

Someone’s jealous. Hyejin is both a genius and evil for doing this to her best friend.

“Wheein…” I called her. “Baby, come here. Let me introduce you to a friend of mine”

I bit my bottom lip and tried not to laugh again as I watched her place her crumpled carton of milk on her seat before she stood up. Her eyes were on Siyang the whole time she walked from her chair to us. A soft chuckle escaped my lips when she stood in front of Siyang. She had to raise her head a little bit so she could meet Siyang’s eyes. She even rolled the sleeves of her hoodie to probably look tough despite how tiny she was.

I held her hand and squeezed it before I said, “Wheein, this is Siyang.” I glanced at Siyang before I said, “And this is Wheein, my wife”

Wheein bowed at him before she reached his hand and shook it, but she didn’t say anything. She usually says nice meeting you but I think she doesn’t like meeting Siyang. I don’t know.

“It was nice meeting you, Wheein” Siyang said, smiling at Wheein before he glanced at me. “It was nice seeing you again, Yongsun. I won’t be here long. I was just checking on you because you seemed so troubled after we last met”

Yeah… that was when my love was unrequited but now, I have a little hope about it.

He glanced around the place and said, “Psamathe is also wonderful. I’ll make sure to promote it or tell my friends about this place once you opened this to the public”

“Thank you. I got free promotion from you then”

He laughed softly while I felt Wheein’s hold on my hand tightening. “Of course. I should get going. My team’s waiting for me”

“Let me at least walk you out,” I said while Wheein started gripping my hand. I turned to Wheein and raised our joined hands to kiss her hand. “I’ll be back. I’ll just walk Siyang out”

She slightly pouted at me while her eyes scanned my face. I just smiled at her and waited until she’d respond to me. She tipped her chin in a small nod. It was a very small action and the only reason why I saw it was because my eyes were catching every movement on her face, no matter how subtle it was.

I kissed the back of her hand again and smiled at her before I dropped my hold on her hand. I pinched her cheek as I whispered, “I’ll be back.” I turned to Siyang and motioned for him to start walking. He was looking all over the place as we walked beside each other.

“Your wife doesn’t seem to like me,” he said once we’re inside the hotel on our way to the front entrance.

I chuckled softly as I shook my head, my hands clasped behind me. “She’s just generally shy around the people she just met”

“She was glaring at me”

I smiled at that as I remembered the adorable pout on her lips. “She’s normally not like that. That’s the first time she was like that. Please forgive her”

“Is she jealous?”

“Probably…” I whispered, laughing at the thought of Wheein getting jealous.

“If you know this, then why did you insist on walking me out?” Siyang asked. 

I smiled at him, seeing him furrowing his eyebrows at me as I said, “Haven’t seen her like that. I wanted to witness how she is when she gets jealous. I’m usually the one who gets jealous so easily”

He playfully narrowed his eyes at me before he chuckled softly and shook his head disapprovingly. “I’ve never seen you smile at anyone at all. This is probably the first time you smiled at me too.” We stopped walking once we reached the front entrance before we faced each other. “It suits you. I hope to see more this”

I tipped my head to where we come from and said, “If she could be very patient with me, then maybe you will”

“As long as she’s there”

I nodded as I said, “As long as I know I have her with me”

He smiled at me as he reached a hand to me. I held and shook it before we leaned forward and kissed each other’s cheeks again. “I’ll see you around. I’ll make sure to visit this hotel. It looks promising already”

“I’ll see you around too. Thank you” I said, waving at him goodbye.

When he was already inside his car, I headed back to the pool area again where I left them earlier. I was expecting a grumpy and sulking Wheein the moment I got back. I didn’t expect to see her drinking a glass of soju, swaying on her feet, and screaming on top of her lungs after she accomplished one shot.

“More!” she shouted while coughing a little bit from the strength of the alcohol. My eyebrows furrowed as I slowly approached them. She suddenly shook her head vigorously while her body trembled. “Bitter…” she whined.

Hyejin was both amused and worried at her while she held Wheein’s hand to keep her steady. Jieun was on her other side, holding her arm to keep her upright.

I was just gone for a minute and now she’s drunk?

“What’s happening?” I asked when I’m already near them.

Wheein suddenly turned around when she heard my voice. Hyejin and Jieun instantly stood up and held her when she staggered backwards, rattling all the glasses and bottles on the table. I could see that my wine glass is also empty already. Then I noticed a stain on her hoodie that seemed like it was my wine.

Did she drink that as well?

I raised my eyebrows when she suddenly pointed a finger at me. A huge pout was present on her lips while she continued to sway on her feet. She glanced at Hyejin and Jieun before she whined, “I can stand on my own”

“You’re drunk,” Hyejin said.

“Am not!”

She’s definitely drunk already.

She gently pried the hands off of her while I tried to contain the huge smile on my face that wanted to show up. She pushed the hands away from her before she attempted to move forward. She swayed on her feet, of course, but I held her waist right away when she wavered her way to me.

“Don’t hold me. I can stand on my own” she whined at me this time, slurring her words.

“Okay”

I slowly removed my hold on her waist and she staggered instantly. I still don’t trust her to stand by herself so I held onto the front of her hoodie while she swayed and kept herself upright. I smiled when she raised an unsteady hand and pointed at me again.

“Yong…”

“Wheein…” I said, biting the inside of my cheek as I stared at her pouting at me with her eyebrows furrowed.

“Who was that?”

“Who was who?” I asked teasingly. I don’t want her to get jealous and be drunk all the time, but she’s adorable when she’s like this. It’s kind of tempting.

“That guy who kissed your cheek”

She’s definitely jealous.

I briefly glanced at Hyejin who was covering while her shoulders shook so badly from her restrained laugh. She gave me a thumbs-up while I only shook my head at her. My secretaries were also watching Wheein, amused by her. I glanced at Wheein again who’s still struggling to stand up steadily.

“I introduced you to him. He’s a friend of mine. He’s…” I stopped when she suddenly scoffed and rolled her eyes at me as she looked away.

“Friend. A friend doesn’t kiss someone else’s cheek” she mumbled while it’s becoming hard to hold my laugh anymore.

“You kiss Hyejin’s cheek all the time. You’ve even seen each other too”

She gasped as she whipped her head at me, her eyes widening. I had to pull her to me when she fell back by her sudden actions. She suddenly glared before she asked, “Have you seen each other ?” She miraculously didn’t slur when she said that.

“No… That’s not what I meant. What I mean is that you kiss Hyejin’s cheek too. Siyang is a friend to me so I guess it was okay. The kiss doesn’t have any meaning other than a greeting”

She pouted again before she slurred, “Hyejin’s my best friend. He’s just a friend. That’s different”

“So I’m not allowed to kiss a friend’s cheek?”

“No” she answered right away, her head shaking vigorously while I chuckled softly.

“Am I not allowed to kiss Byul and Sodam’s cheek too?”

“You can with them. With them only.” She pointed at herself and hurriedly said, “Me too.” Then she pointed at her lips and said, “You can kiss me here too.” Then she pointed at her whole face and said, “Everywhere here too”

I closed my eyes and laughed at her, my shoulders shaking so badly and my hold on her hoodie loosening. I glanced at her again and saw her pouting really hard now while her eyebrows furrowed, making me laugh harder.

“Why are you laughing?”

“Baby, are you jealous?” I asked in between giggles.

She shook her head forcefully, making her body gently shook from side to side. “Am not!”

“You’re not?”

“Am not!”

I glanced at Hyejin and saw her wiping the corner of her eyes as she continued to laugh. “How many has she drank?” I asked her.

“I’m not drunk” Wheein mumbled in front of me.

“She emptied your wine glass. We were encouraging her to drink just one glass of soju but she emptied a whole bottle” Goeun explained since Hyejin was still incapable of talking from laughing so hard.

“Are you secretly meeting each other behind my back?” Wheein asked, her voice sounded steady once again.

I glanced at her, my eyebrows furrowing when that question sounded familiar. “No” I answered her.

“Do you like him?” she asked as she started pouting at me again.

“Of course not” I answered, my lips slowly forming into a smile when I realized she’s asking the same set of questions as me when I got jealous and mad at myself but wrongly directed it on her.

“Do you remember that you’re married to me, Yong?” she asked, her words slurring once again.

I couldn’t hold the chuckle that instantly came out of me. She’s copying me and it’s so ing adorable, especially with how she’s pouting in front of me. She’s trying to be intimidating but with the way she’s swaying on her feet and slurring her words, she just looks like an adorable baby bear.

I wrapped my arms around her waist and showered kisses all over her face while still chuckling at her. I kissed her cheek before I whispered right into her ear, “I do and we’re not changing that, baby. I love you and you have nothing to be jealous of”

“Yong…” she whined softly before she groaned loudly. I felt her lean her head on my shoulder before she said, “The world’s moving so fast. You’re tilting to the side”

“Let’s get you to bed then”

I placed a steady arm around her waist and waved goodbye at my secretaries.

“Have fun!” Hyejin said teasingly as we moved back to the hotel. I could only shake my head at her.

Wheein was leaning her entire body weight on me. I held her steady as we slowly made our way back to the elevator.

“I don’t like him” she suddenly said when we got inside the elevator.

“I don’t like him too but he’s a friend”

“Don’t kiss his cheek again. I don’t like it”

I laughed silently as I kissed the top of her head. “Okay”

“I love you, Yong”

“I love you too, Whee”

When the elevator doors opened, we slowly walked out and headed to our room. I sat her on the bed and grabbed a glass of water for her to drink. She doesn’t seem like she’s on the verge of vomiting so I grabbed her pajamas and stood in front of her to change her out of her clothes.

“I meant what I said,” she whispered.

“Yeah…” I whispered absentmindedly. I was focusing on changing her out of her hoodie and sweatpants to her pajamas without staring at her too much. I laid her on the bed before I changed into my own pajamas.

“You’re not taking me seriously” she whined as I finished changing.

“I heard everything”

I kissed her forehead before I climbed on the bed and laid down next to her. Instead of turning her back to me, she faced me while she continued to pout at me. I wrapped one of my arms around her shoulders while my other arm was around her waist before I pulled her closer to me.

“Did you hate it when I kissed you with the tongue? Was I bad at it?”

I closed my eyes and groaned softly. Why is she bringing this again? Is this the alcohol’s doing that letting her freely speak her thoughts to me?

I cleared my throat and shook my head at her. “You weren’t bad”

“Then why? I wanted you to kiss me like that”

I closed my eyes again and groaned louder this time. “I wanted to but let’s not do that, for now”

“Why?” she whined again.

Stupid soju. She’s not just adorable when she’s drunk. She’s persistent too.

“Whee…”

“Maybe I should practice more. We practiced a lot when we first kissed”

Drunk Wheein would be my ultimate test of patience and control over myself.

“Let me practice more.” She shifted beside and cupped my cheeks. I instantly pushed back before she could make any move. “I want to practice,” she whined.

I sighed heavily before I gulped hard and said, “One. Practice only once then we’ll go to sleep”

“What if I needed more practice?”

“No” I answered right away. “You can only practice once tonight.” I hope sober Wheein forgets everything about this. I’ll just trick her if she remembers things.

I leaned forward and kissed her before she could even protest. I kissed her softly, tasting the soju on her lips. I felt her hand going deep in my hair while her nails were slightly digging on my scalp, making me want this kiss to go on longer.

I pushed her so she’d lie down on her back while I straddled her without breaking our kiss. I cupped her cheeks and tilted my head to the side. When I felt her lips parting, I pushed my tongue inside right away.

I could taste more of the soju mixed with a little bit of the wine inside despite the water I made her drink earlier. She moved her tongue with me right away. Her fingers on my shoulders ran down to my back and up to my nape while her nails softly scratched my skin. We both moaned at the same time, our voices getting stuck inside our mouths. That was supposed to be my cue to stop, and yet I never did.

I bit her bottom lip softly before I ran my tongue on it, easing her from the bite. I went up to her ear and nibbled with her earlobe while she tried to catch her breath. She grabbed a handful of my hair as I went down to her neck. I found her pulse and softly on it.

“Yong…” she moaned.

By her second moan, I growled softly from frustration as I pulled myself away from her neck. I laid my body on hers and wrapped my arms around her waist. I leaned my head on her shoulder and closed my eyes tightly while I heaved huge breaths in and out of my lungs as I tried to catch my breath.

I felt Wheein’s grip on my hair losing its strength. She ran her hand down my hair repeatedly while I stayed still just to let my desire to have her right now die down. I breathed deeply one last time before I turned my face and buried it on her neck. I like it there. It felt like she’s surrounding me everywhere.

“How was it?” she asked, sounding breathless.

I breathed deeply before I whispered, “You were great, baby. Let’s not practice anymore”

Both of us were silent and all I could hear were our breaths synching together. Our chests were moving erratically. I was moving up and down on top of her because of her heavy breaths, but it was a calming feeling.

“I love you” she whispered softly, her brushing on my hair getting slower.

“I love you” I mumbled on her neck.

“I meant it,” she whispered.

I don’t know if this is still the alcohol that’s talking or not anymore. If it’s not the alcohol anymore, I could sense that she’s slowly falling asleep so I could just trick her tomorrow that she heard things differently. But I hope she forgets. I don’t want to confess this way, but I wanted to say it out loud just for practice.

Before I could even say anything, Wheein suddenly whispered, “I’m sorry I broke my promise”

I smiled when I heard her say that. Her hand that was brushing my hair stopped moving then I heard soft snores coming next. I carefully pulled my head back to glance at her. Her eyes were already closed while was slightly open. I carefully moved to the side so I won’t be staying on top of her. She stirred and pulled me back to her, making me softly chuckle at her.

I kissed her chin and pushed my face back to her neck again. “I also broke all my rules a long time ago, Whee” I whispered before I fell asleep right on top of her.

The next morning, a loud knock woke us up. I sighed heavily and pushed my face further on Wheein’s neck, annoyed that my sleep was interrupted. Wheein groaned below me and started moving as well.

“Miss Kim! Wheein! I came here to wake you up since you skipped breakfast. We’ll be going in a few minutes. The bus is waiting for us” Hyejin called over from the other side of our bedroom door.

I moved my face away from Wheein’s neck. “We’ll be there” I mumbled before I sighed heavily. I pushed my face back to Wheein’s neck and closed my eyes, slowly getting back to sleep again.

“Miss Kim”

“Hmm…”

“Why are you on top of me?” she nervously whispered.

She forgot. I see…

“You wanted me here”

“I did?” she asked in disbelief before I felt her gulped hard.

I nodded and chuckled softly before I slowly pulled myself up. I glanced at her and saw

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter