Chapter Two

When We Lie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Famous Singer Eric Nam Denies Dating Rumors with KGC President Kim Yongsun

 

Singer Eric Nam denies that he and the youngest successful businesswoman Kim Yongsun are dating. He claimed that he and Kim Yongsun were sharing a meal together in the Apollo Towers restaurant but it was just a friendly dinner. Eric Nam also said that he and Kim Yongsun are friends despite Kim Yongsun knowing that she is Eric Nam’s ideal type. Eric Nam also said that it was an honor to be dining together with the owner of the hotel herself.

A lot of Eric Nam’s fans think that the alleged couple are just keeping their relationship a secret. Fans refused to accept it despite Eric Nam’s denial of the dating rumor. As of the moment, Kim Yongsun remained silent about the on-going rumor.

From Kim Yongsun’s lineup of suitors, Eric Nam has the highest number of poll votes received as to who should the KGC President be dating. Second is the actor Kwak Siyang, followed by the singer Henry Lau and lastly, the actor Yoo Seungho.

 

I was sitting at the very end of the bus while holding my bag close to my chest. It’s Monday already and I’m supposed to be heading to work at this time. Instead, I’m heading to the nursing home to visit Mom. I called in sick to all of my different four jobs to inform them that I won’t be working today.

While I’m still heading to the nursing home, I’m staring at my phone screen in front of me. I’m specifically staring at an unsent text to Hyejin. Miss Kim gave me three days to decide whether I should accept the job that I have no idea of. True to her words, she gave me fifty thousand dollars, hard cash since I don’t have a bank account.

Her clue last time was useless to me. She told me not to fall in love with her. I’m scared of her. I’m not attracted to women as well. I haven’t ventured on that deeper, but so far, I’m not attracted to women. I have to decide now or else, I might lose an employment opportunity and my current jobs.

I sighed, pouted, and stared at my text to Hyejin. It has three words in there only but I don’t know if I have the strength to send it. I trained my thumb on the sent icon before I closed my eyes. I counted to ten and held my breath. When I reached ten, I threw caution out of the window and just sent the text.

 

To: Hyejinie
Hyejinie, I accept.

 

I stared at my text before I pouted at it again. That’s definitely a thorn pulled out of me. I’m still heavily doubting the job Miss Kim has for me. But I think, if I work for her, I get to see Hyejin more. I have someone familiar around me, which is good.

I placed my phone inside my bag before I stood up. I walked to the very front of the bus and thanked the driver before I moved out of the bus. I walked to the nursing home while hugging my bag tightly to my chest.

“Good morning, Miss Park,” I said with a huge smile to the gentle nurse on the reception desk.

Miss Park was surprised to see me at first but she broke into a wide smile right away. “Good morning, Wheein,” she said. “Are you here to visit your mother?”

“I am. I’m also here for something else, Miss Park.” I placed my bag on top of the reception desk. I zipped it open and pulled out an envelope before I passed it to Miss Park. “I’m finally paying all my debt” I said to her as I smiled so wide.

She smiled wider as she said, “Really? That’s good news, Wheein.” She hurriedly grabbed the receipt before she accepted the envelope I handed to her. “You really did it, Wheein. How were you able to earn this? Are you doing something illegal?” she asked worriedly as she slightly frowned at me.

I immediately shook my head at her. “No. I would never do that, Miss Park. You know I would never do that” I whined at her as I pouted slightly.

“I know. I don’t think you’re someone bad, Wheein, but desperation could make everyone a different person” she whispered softly as she looked at me worriedly.

“I know, Miss Park. But I didn’t. I swear. I found a… I… Ah…” I stuttered, almost forgetting about the agreement I signed. “I was able to find a way” I settled with saying that.

Miss Park nodded at me as she said, “That’s good to know, Wheein.” She passed me the form I needed to fill out while she counted the money I handed to her. “You know what to do with that already,” she said.

I filled out the form while Miss Park recorded my payment on their computer and made the receipt for me. I passed the form to Miss Park while she passed to me my receipt. I stared at the receipt as I sighed in relief. I’m not also paying my thirty-thousand debt, but I’m also paying a month ahead for my Mom’s stay in the facility and her medicine. I smiled at it before I carefully folded it and placed it in my wallet. I zipped my bag close when my phone suddenly rang. I zipped my bag open again and grabbed my phone in my bag before I read that it was Hyejin calling me.

“Hyejin?” I said as I answered her call right away.

“Miss Kim wanted to meet with you now, Wheein”

I pouted, my eyebrows furrowed as I asked, “Right now? Like right at this moment?”

“Yes. Same address. I’ll meet you in the lobby of Apollo Towers. Just call or text me if you’re there already”

“But I’m just wearing a sweatshirt, Hyejinie. Will I be allowed to get in there?” My black hair and bangs weren't even combed properly because I was too lazy to do it this morning.

“Yeah… She just wants to meet you right away to discuss important matters with her. I’ll see you, okay?”

I sighed as I whispered, “I’ll see you too, Hyejinie”

She ended the call while I placed my phone in my bag. I lifted my bag and said to Miss Park, “I have to go, Miss Park. I have something important to do. I’ll just visit Mom some other time”

“Okay, Wheein. We’ll take care of your mother. Don’t worry” Miss Park said, smiling at me reassuringly.

I waved at her and said my goodbyes as I walked out of the nursing home. I was heading to the bus stop when I remembered that Hyejin said that Miss Kim wanted to meet right away. I groaned as I hailed a taxi. I could afford this as of the moment, but I’d still prefer to ride the bus since it’s way cheaper than taxi.

When I arrived at the Apollo Towers, Hyejin was already at the main lobby waiting for me. I dropped my shoulders and bent my head low, trying to be as small as possible as I entered the huge castle again. I hid behind Hyejin as we walked towards the elevator.

“It’s good to see you again, Wheeinie” Hyejin said the moment we’re alone in the elevator.

“You too, Hyejinie” I whispered to her as I huffed a nervous breath.

“I’m glad you accepted Miss Kim’s offer”

“Do you know what I’d do, Hyejinie? I’m scared and nervous about blindly accepting something without an idea what I’m supposed to do” I whined as I pouted at my own reflection on the elevator doors.

“Don’t worry. I’m here for you. You’ll know what you’ll do once Miss Kim tells you everything”

I stayed close behind Hyejin as we walked out of the elevator. We stopped at a door and Hyejin knocked first before she opened the door. Unlike last time, the living room was empty when we got in. But today, Miss Kim and the short-haired lady, which I knew is Atty. Park, were already waiting for me on the couch.

Hyejin and I walked to the couch across from them. I bowed at Miss Kim and Atty. Park before I sat beside Hyejin on the couch. The couch is really comfortable but I couldn’t bring myself to sit on it comfortably, especially with how Miss Kim is staring at me intently again.

“I have to make you sign another non-disclosure agreement again, Wheein. But this time it will be different” Atty. Park said while I stared nervously at her. I really don’t like it when she talks legal stuff to me. It scares me so much despite how approachable her face looked like. “It does not encompass not talking about today’s meeting anymore. Yongsun will explain to you everything” Atty. Park said before we all glanced at Miss Kim.

I instantly averted my gaze and stared at the flower vase on the table when I discovered that she’s looking at me intently and has never left her gaze on me since.

“You accepted?” Miss Kim asked while I slightly flinched, shivering a little by how scary it is to be under her presence and when she speaks to me.

I gulped hard before I said, “Yes, Miss Kim”

“How do you find my hotel, Wheein?” Miss Kim suddenly asked, making me confused by the sudden change of topic.

I looked at Hyejin, asking for help while she just nodded at me. I pouted at her before I gulped hard and looked at Miss Kim. “Your castle scares me” I whispered to her.

She raised her eyebrows at me while Atty. Park chuckled softly. Even Hyejin was laughing beside me. I raised my eyebrows at Hyejin, silently asking her if I said something wrong.

“Castle?” Miss Kim asked.

“I…” I whispered, biting my bottom lip when I realized my mistake. “I’m sorry. Your hotel looked like a castle when I first got here. I’ve been calling it a castle since. I’m sorry” I rambled nervously as I started fidgeting with my fingers and bent my head low to avert her gaze again.

“Why does it scare you? Were the staff being impolite to you?” Miss Kim asked while I shook my head.

“No. They were welcoming. I just don’t think I fit into this place. I’ve never been in a place that looked really expensive. I’m afraid to move in here and break something or ruin something. That’s why it scares me” I whispered softly.

“If I’ll give this hotel to you, what will you do with it?”

“I’ll return it to you” I whispered as I chanced a glance at Miss Kim again. She raised her eyebrows at me while I'm still clueless what that reaction meant. “I do not wish to own something as big and expensive as this, Miss Kim. I don’t even know what I’ll do with it”

“I see…” Miss Kim whispered as she leaned back on the couch and crossed her legs in front of her.

I glanced nervously at Hyejin, asking for help again. She just smiled so wide and nodded her head encouragingly at me. I pouted at her, not sure if I’m doing and saying the right things so far, making her chuckle at me.

“You’ll be working as my wife, Wheein”

“What?!” I exclaimed as I whipped my head to look at Miss Kim. “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to shout” I apologized right away as I bowed at Miss Kim. I gulped hard as I stared at her in disbelief. “Pardon, Miss Kim. I must’ve heard it wrongly”

“You’ll be working as my wife. You’ll marry me” she simply said while still staring at me intently.

So that’s why she said that I should never fall in love with her last time.

“I… I don’t understand” I stuttered, frantically searching everyone’s face to see if this is a joke but no one cracked a smile. “I don’t understand. Why do I have to marry you? Can we even marry each other?” I looked at Hyejin and asked her, “Is it possible?” I looked at Atty. Park and asked her this time, “Are we allowed to get married? I mean, we’re both women. Is that even possible?”

“Are you backing out, Wheein? I remembered correctly that I said you couldn’t back out once you accepted the offer” Miss Kim said, her voice hardening. Now I know that she’s angry.

I bent my head low again and whispered, “I’m not backing out, Miss Kim. I just don’t understand why I have to marry you and how are we supposed to get married”

“The reason

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter