Collision

Village Clinic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It was a lovely Friday morning in the village, but not so lovely at the bus terminal. Two buses collided and there were several passengers injured. Apparently one bus was going out from the terminal, and the other bus had to swerve towards the left side of the entrance to prevent hitting a motorcycle. 

Due to this, the incoming bus went head on and hit the outgoing bus, on the left side, causing a dent. Luckily there weren't many passengers impacted, about 10 passengers from the outgoing bus and the driver and 3 passengers from the incoming bus. Thank God that there were no serious injuries and no fatalities. 

The villagers helped to transport the injured to the clinic, causing Dr Cho and Ryeowook to be extremely busy. 

"Miss Kim, can you bring in more bandages?" Dr Cho called out to  Ryeowook over the little window separating his room and the medicines area. 

"Just a minute, Dr Cho" Ryeowook turned and told him, because she was explaining the medications to one of the injured passenger. However, the passenger kept asking questions such that Ryeowook could not take the new bandage for Dr Cho. 

Kyuhyun tried to control his annoyance and stepped out to take the bandages himself. He didn't say anything to Ryeowook and took 3 bandages from the cabinet and noisily walked past her and stepped back into his room to continue administering an injured passenger. 

Ryeowook felt guilty as Kyuhyun had to fetch the bandage himself, but she couldn't just leave this patient, since she was still asking questions. She knew Kyuhyun must be annoyed. But what could she do? And Sooyoung couldn't come in to help as her daughter was sick, so Ryeowook was all alone. 

It was almost 1pm when they managed to clear all injured passengers and Ryeowook was exhausted as she was on her feet the whole morning. She closed the clinic door and put up the sign "Lunch break". 

She went to Kyuhyun's room, and said "I'm sorry about the bandage, the passenger patient kept asking me about her medicines...." 

Kyuhyun just nodded without looking up, and continued typing something on his laptop. Everything was wrong this morning. Dr Lee from Mokpo who was supposed to be here today (to replace Kyuhyun since he would be on leave), texted that he could only come over late in the evening. Then Sooyoung called to say that her daughter was sick. And of course the passengers from the 2 busses need immediate attention. 

Ryeowook slowly stepped out. Kyuhyun sighed. He didn't want to get angry with Ryeowook, but he couldn't get over his annoyance of the whole situation. He should not blame Ryeowook for not helping him because Ryeowook was also scrambling alone, and he should understand that. He saved his work and took a deep breath. She was no longer at the door, so he quic

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter