First day

Village Clinic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kyuhyun scrambled to hang his laundry and after that, hastily ate his breakfast. He bought homemade buns yesterday when he was cycling around, and after his breakfast, he grabbed a pack of instant ramyeon to bring along for his lunch later. 

He cycled to the clinic and was there early. Too early in fact, coz nobody was there yet! And he had forgotten to ask for a spare key yesterday! "Aishh... I hope that Miss Kim will be here soon..."  he said while wheeling his bicycle to the back of the clinic and locked it. 

He brought along his white coat, some medical equipments and his laptop, all inside his backpack. He looked around and noticed that there were a post office, a bank, ATMs lobby and a mini market along the other side of the clinic, separated by neatly trimmed scrubs. 

"Ohh great, there's ATM and postal services. Hmmm, why didn't I see these yesterday?.. " Kyuhyun raised his eyebrows. He went over to check at the mini market, to see what they have. The mini market had just been opened, and standing from outside, he could see rice packs, freezer with frozen food, beverages and household items. "Okay, not bad" he nodded and checked his watch. He walked back to the clinic, and smile because he saw Ryeowook walking very slowly. 

"Good morning!" Kyuhyun greeted her. "Is your leg better?" 

Ryeowook bowed at Kyuhyun and smile "It's better but still painful when I walk. So I walk slowly. Sorry if you have been waiting..." 

"No problem" Kyuhyun walked with her towards the clinic side entrance. "Do you stay far from here?" 

"About 20 minutes walk. It's near to the school" Ryeowook unlocked the side door and opened the door for Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun gestured her to go in first. 

"Ohhh I know where it is! Can I fetch you tomorrow? If you don't mind taking bicycle..." Kyuhyun smile at her. His intention was just that she don't have to walk very far and put pressure on her leg. 

"It's okay Dr Cho. I can walk slowly" 

"No, I fetch you since I'm on my way. Tomorrow, about 8.15am? What's your number, in case I can come earlier, I'll call you"

Ryeowook smile and nodded "Okay, thank you Dr Cho. Here's my number" Ryeowook shyly took over his phone and added her number. 

Kyuhyun called her number so that she has a missed call and could save his number. 

Ryeowook showed him the doctor's consultation Room 1, and Dr Lee would be using Room 2 since today would be his last day. 

Dr Lee arrived and Kyuhyun asked him about the treatment that the villagers usually came for and they also discussed about the medications available in this clinic. 

They exchanged phone numbers. Dr Lee told him "Just give me a call if you need to recommend any medicines, I see if we have it in Mokpo Hospital" 

"Sure hyung. Thank you very much" Kyuhyun bowed at him. 

The villagers started coming in and Kyuhyun came out to introduce himself and the villagers were happy to have a new doctor but curious why such a young and handsome doctor wanted to work in their village. Kyuhyun just laughed and gestured the first patient to go in to Room 1.

Dr Lee came out too and gestured the 2nd patient to go to Room 2.

The patients who went to Room 1 were all busy talking about Dr Cho, how good and friendly he was, and that he knew what was wrong just by asking a few relevant questions. All of them were impressed with him. 

Kyuhyun couldn't break for lunch until 12.30pm, because most of the remaining patients all preferred to go to Room 1!!

When Ryeowook finally closed the clinic's main sliding doors to close for lunch, Kyuhyun finally got up and stretched  himself. "Wow, is it always these many patients?" he asked Ryeowook. Dr Lee has left for lunch at 12 noon, so there were only him and Ryeowook. 

"No, usually not that many. I think the earlier patients must have all started talking about you and the other villagers became curious, so they came here too" Ryeowook giggled 

 "Really??" Kyuhyun asked with a serious face, making Ryeowook laughed. 

"Anyway Dr Cho, I cook extra rice this morning, and it's for you" Ryeowook said shyly. 

"Ohhh wow, so nice of you! My first home cook meal here!! Thank you so much!!" Kyuhyun smile warmly at her. At least he don't have to eat instant ramyeon today! Then he remembered about her wound "But let me check your wound first?" he gestured her to sit opposite him. 

Ryeowook's wound was healing but the bruises were bigger. It was expected because when tiny veins ruptured, it caused bruises and very painful when the person apllied pressure to it, and for Ryeowook's case, because she was practically on her feet the whole day. Kyuhyun cleaned the wound, applied antiseptic cream then the gel, covered the wound and bandaged it. 

He loved her smell. The first time he noticed her smell was when he asked her to ride on his bicycle after that incident. She smell of fresh apples. Was it her shampoo? Or body soap? He practically smacked himself for his train of thoughts... 

They had a wonderful lunch. Kyuhyun loved the fried rice! "This is very nice, Miss Kim. I love it!!" Kyuhyun praised her in-between his spoonful of rice. 

"It was my late halmeoni's recipe. I used to help her so I learn a lot from her. Previously, we stayed in Daegu but we moved here when my late harabuji got a job here, teaching in the school. Then he passed away 3 years ago and halmeoni followed him a year later"

"Ohh I'm so sorry to hear that. How about your parents?" 

"They passed away in an accident in Incheon, so I stayed with my maternal grandparents" Ryeowook smile sadly. 

So she's staying alone, Kyuhyun said to himself, feeling sad too that she encounted family losses at such a y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter