Back to Gurim

Village Clinic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Kyu?" Ryeowook called out to her husband, as she wasn't sure where she was. She slowly realised that she was in their hotel suite and it was already slightly bright outside. She recalled that she had fainted last night. 

"Heyyyy, you are up!" Kyuhyun turned to her and put down his ipad. 

"I'm... sorry that I caused you all to panic and worried about me... " Ryeowook said, turning to him. Apparently Kyuhyun was already up and was reading something on his ipad, next to her, still in his pajama. 

Last night when Ryeowook fainted, the worried Kyuhyun quickly carried her to a couch and check her pulse, and temperature, and told Ahra with relieved that Ryeowook was okay and probably just too tired.

He carried her to their room, and Ahra helped to change her outfit and cleaned her makeup so that Ryeowook could rest comfortably.

"Heyyy babe, why are you apologising? It's okay, everybody is just worried about you and our baby. How are you feeling?" Kyuhyun wrapped his arm around her and kissed her forehead.

"Tired. And hungry..." she grinned.

"I carry you to the washroom and we shower together and then we go down for breakfast?"

Ryeowook nodded and smile, and tried to get up. But her head was spinning. She immediately held her head and closed her eyes. Ohmygod, she never expected being pregnant was this bad. Now she believed whatever Sooyoung told her! 

"Ryeong! What's wrong??!" Kyuhyun rushed to her side. 

"My head.... it's spinning...." Ryeowook said, still holding her head. 

Kyuhyun hugged her "My poor Ryeong..." he gently placed her head on his chest and embraced her lovingly. His poor wife has to go through all these just to give him a baby. 

As a doctor, he knew the way the body reacted at early pregnancy stages. Some women would encounter easier pregnancy, but some women have to undergo all these adjustments due to hormonal changes. And his wife was one of them. And he promised himself that he would give her his tender loving care fully throughout her pregnancy journey. 

They ended up ordering room service and after showers, once Ryeowook felt better, they checked out and stayed at Kyuhyun's family home. 

The Cho family has been very supportive of her pregnancy and by the time they said goodbye, Ryeowook felt sad to part ways with her in-laws. 

Kyuhyun drove back to Gurim on Friday morning, and he was thankful that his wife slept most of the journey, at least she could rest as it would be an approximately 5 hours journey. He did a few stops at rest areas so that she could munch something and used the washroom.

It was very busy at the clinic the following Monday, when Kyuhyun was back as resident doctor.  It was like the old folks were all waiting for Dr Cho to come back and flocked to the clinic! Even Dr Kim felt overwhelmed! 

Ryeowook told Sooyoung about her condition and the jubilant Sooyoung advices her to rest in the morning and come to the clinic during lunch, which were readily agreed by Kyuhyun. 

So the arrangement would be, Sooyoung and the temp girl would be working in the mornings, and then Ryeowook took over, together with the temp girl, in the afternoons. Kyuhyun didn't want her to move around too much and kept checking on her whenever he has time to walk out from his room. 

A month later, the clinic received some good news! Kyuhyun's application to expand the hospital and to have better facilities, have been accepted by the Ministry of Health for Southern provincial governance!

2 weeks later, 2 ministerial officials came to visit the village clinic to assess the situation, and they monitor the number of patients as well as the level of service that th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter