Blame it on the thunderstorm

Village Clinic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The days that follows were the happiest for Ryeowook. She felt at ease with Kyuhyun's parents, especially Kyuhyun's sister, Ahra, who joined them a day later. Ahra droved to Gurim using Kyuhyun's car, so that he don't have to rely on his bicycle anymore.  Somehow, she and Ahra could click easily, and they became closer, and they had great times together. 

Ryeowook was grateful that the Chos accepted her as part of their family, and before they left, Mrs Cho gave her a gold chain as a momento from her.  Ryeowook teared when Mrs Cho put the gold chain around her neck and hugged her with repeated "thank you, ommonim" to show her utmost appreciation. Kyuhyun smile happily seeing that his mother adored and accepted Ryeowook. He hieved a sigh of relief! 

That night, after the Chos had left to drive back to Seoul, lightning and thunderstorm started to hit the whole village.  It made Ryeowook extremely scared as her parents were killed in a traffic accident during a thunderstorm, and she was seated at the backseat. She remembered that she had closed her eyes because she was scared and the next thing she knew, she was thrown out of the car due to the impact of the accident. It had caused her nightmares for years, making her terrified of thunderstorm. 

She called Kyuhyun, but he didn't answer his phone. She sobbed and hid herself in one corner of her bedroom. Kyuhyun was bathing at that time, and only saw the missed call later. 

"Hi Ryeong, is everything all right?" Kyuhyun asked worriedly when he returned her call. 

"Kyu!!! I'm scared of the thunderstorm!...." Ryeowook said, sobbing heavily. She had told him before about what happened during her parents accident and that she has been terrified of thunderstorm eversince.

"Just stay where you are, I'll go over and  get you, okay? You pack a few things and stay here for the night?" he suggested.

"It's okay, Kyu, I call because I just want to talk to somebody, as I'm sacred" and then she scream again because of a bolt of lightning, making Kyuhyun more concerned. 

"Ryeong, I'm coming over. Pack a few things... "

"Thank... thank you, Kyu..." Ryeowook said, still sobbing. She off her phone and while wiping her tears, she quickly grabbed her bag and packed some clothes and toiletries. She remembered the last thunderstorm like this was three years ago, and Sooyoung scrambled over to keep her company as she was extremely scared. Luckily at that time, Sooyoung has no kid yet. 

Kyuhyun was at her door about 15 minutes later, with umbrella, looking extremely worried. He has drove over using his car that Ahra had left for him. "Ryeong!" and he hugged her once he stepped inside her house. "Come, let's go" he said, taking over her bag and off her living room lights. 

"I'm sorry for troubling you...." she said and hide her face on his chest when another bolt of lighting strike across the night. 

"Heyyy it's no problem at all, don't worry..." he told her while helping her to get into the car. He knew that she was scared of thunderstorm but since it never happened before, so he didn't know the extend of her scaredness. 

Once they reached his house, he quickly helped her in and put her bag in his guest room. Luckily his mother had clean and tidy up that room before she left! 

He got her to sit at his sofa and wrapped her with his own sweater to warm her up "Stay here, I get you a warm drink". 

"Kyu, it's okay...." Ryeowook stopped him, and then clinged to him when another bolt of lightning strike across the sky. 

Kyuhyun hugged her. "I'm here, I'm here, don't be scared" he held her head closed to his chest.  He felt happy that Ryeowook regarde

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter