Once upon a Saturday

Village Clinic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It has been 4 weeks since Kyuhyun started working at the village clinic and he enjoyed every minute of it. 

The villagers were friendly people and loved him! A lot of times, he would received food, like bake potatoes, sweet corn, home-made buns, and even rice! He told them not to give anymore but they still gave him. 

What Kyuhyun enjoyed most was sending Ryeowook home and fetching her in the morning, eventhough her wounds had healed! His excused was that her house was on his way home, so it was convenient to send and fetch her. 

Kyuhyun managed to get a medical supplier in Seoul who could deliver the medical supplies to Gurim. He applied for clearance to order these medicines from Ministry of Health for south region and based on his excellent reputation, he easily got his clearance and budget support. 

All village clinics were on full financial support from respective region, governed by South Korea's Ministry of Health. This arrangement was to ensure that there were proper healthcare and medical supplies to villages, and even the medical staff working in these villages were on the Ministry's payroll. 

The Ministry charged the villagers very low for consultation and medicines charges, and thus, it was very affordable to these villagers, and for those old folks who were not working, they were given a health card, which entitled them for free medical consultation and free medicines. 

It was month-end and Kyuhyun was told that their clinic would be closed on every last Saturday of the month. For other Saturdays, the clinic operates until 12noon.

"Ohh that's great! So we have the whole Saturday to ourselves!" Kyuhyun smile happily after Ryeowook told him. 

"Yes, and my apologies for keep forgetting to inform you" 

"It's okay, don't worry about it" Kyuhyun smile. "So, what do you usually do on your Saturday off?" 

"I usually travel to Yeongam-gun to buy my stuff as they have bigger supermarkets and more shops. There's a direct bus from here, and it's about an hour or less, to reach there" Ryeowook smile. She always looked forward to month-end as she got to travel out of the village. 

"Can I go with you? I have nothing on this Saturday" Kyuhyun asked as he wanted to see what was there in Yeongam-gun. 

"Sure, but I usually go in the morning to have breakfast there and then I go shopping" 

"Hmm, you go alone?" 

"Yes most of the time, but I Sooyoung do join me once in a while. But she's not joining me tomorrow" 

"Okay great! Ermmm.... what time is the bus?" 

"8.30am, so we'll reach there before 9.30am, and after breakfast, we can buy things, and catch the 1pm bus home. Are you okay with that?"

"Yup, I'm okay" Kyuhyun said happily because he would have Ryeowook to himself the whole journey tomorrow! He looked at his watch "Want to go off?" 

Ryeowook nodded and packed up.  They beginning to have a routine, like she would automatically took his backpack and passed it to him. Kyuhyun would automatically locked the medicines cupboard and off the lights, and so on. And Ryeowook enjoyed riding on Kyuhyun's bicycle, not because she don't have to walk, but because she felt protected and happy. 

So, on Saturday morning, Kyuhyun fetched Ryeowook and they travelled together to the bus terminal. Kyuhyun locked his bicycle and they bought the bus ticket, and proceeded to queue to board the bus. Ryeowook looked so pretty in a white top with casual purple cardigan, and long white pants. 

To Ryeowook, Dr Cho looked so gorgeous! He put on a light blue polo tee, and he let it loose over his jeans. Handsome and gorgeous!

The bus journey was slow but romantic. They sat right at the back

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter