Pads

Village Clinic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The clinic was busy on Monday and Tuesday as villagers kept coming with fever and body ache due to the thunderstorm on Saturday.

Ryeowook felt sorry for Kyuhyun as he has to entertain the villagers who just love to come to consult him regarding all sorts of health matters.

Sooyoung was off duty on Monday and Tuesday, and came in to work on Wednesday. She was busy getting the medicines ready for each patient, but one point, she suddenly noticed something. Something shining at Ryeowook's finger! "Wowwww! How come I didn't notice it just now???!!!" she said to herself. 

Before the next patient collected the medicine, Sooyoung grabbed Ryeowook's hand "Explain...." she said, waiting for a full story of the ring.

"Sooyoung, we are busy. Later okay..." Ryeowook tried to escape.

"Now..." Sooyoung didn't give Ryeowook any mercy.

Ryeowook pulled Sooyoung to sit, and then she said softly "Ermmm, Ky... I mean Dr Cho, proposed to me.... and I said yes... " she said shyly.

"When?...." Sooyoung pressed on.

"Ermmm... during the weekend..."

"Saturday or Sunday...?"

"Aishhhh Sooyoung..."

"Saturday or Sunday...?"

"Saturday..."

"Were you with Dr Cho during the thunderstorm?"

"Why do you want to know...?"

Sooyoung gave her a look that say "You better tell me..."

"Ahhh yes, he fetched me to his home because I called him saying that I was scared.... " Ryeowook said cautiously.

"Okayyyy, and then...?"

One of the patient came up to the counter, so Ryeowook stood up to take her consultation card.

Sooyoung whispered "Part 2 later... Congrats anyway!!" and smilingly walked away to dispense the medicines. She was so happy for her friend because she found her prince and Dr Cho really care about her.

They were busy till lunch and Sooyoung gave her a face "catch-up later" and went off to fetch her daughter.

Ryeowook smile and took a deep breath. It wasn't easy to hide things from the nosy Sooyoung, but then again, she didn't want Sooyoung to be the last person to know, so yes, she would tell her, but would ommit the sleep together part.

For the 2 medicines that they need to place order with Yeongam-gun pharmacy, Ryeowook has taken stock and has jotted down the quantity that they need to order. She has filled up their purchase order form and she walked in to Kyuhyun's room to get his signature.

"Kyu..." 

"Mmmm...?" 

"I've already check, these are the stocks that we need to order from Yeongam-gun pharmacy. Can you sign here, then I can scan the form and email to Miss Lee"

Kyuhyun turned to her and pulled her to sit on his lap, facing him.

"Kyu....!"

Kyuhyun took the form from her hand and put it on his table, and concentrate back on her. He wrapped his hands around her and started kissing her. "I need to recharge..." he said when he paused his kissing, and continued for a while more, and then pull her into his arms. Hugging her has been his favourite activity now because she gave him energy and satisfaction to continue with his work. 

"Can I sleep over at your house this Friday night, and we discuss our wedding date?" Kyuhyun said, tidying up her hair lovingly. 

Ryeowook smile shyly and nodded. "Sooyoung saw my ring and started interrogating me...."

Kyuhyun chuckled "she bound to see it sooner or later..." he said, picking up her fingers to kiss it. 

"Yes but she wanted to know all the details..." 

Kyuhyun laughed "so are you going to tell her in details... like you wouldn't let go of me and clings to me tightly and...." and he laughed loudly because Ryeowook playfully beat him.

"I was scared of the lightning and thunders...." 

"And now I'm thankful to them!  I know that whenever that happens, you wouldn't let go of me" Kyuhyun laughed out loud again when Ryeowook beat and pinched him. Kyuhyun caught her hand and kissed it "But seriously, I'll always protect you, and I won't let you brave the thunderstorm alone, okay?" Kyuhyun pecked her lips and smile happily. 

"Thank you Dr Cho. Now can you sign the form so that later I can scan and send to Miss Lee?" and she tried to get off Kyuhyun's lap "and we need to eat..." 

"Stay still.. " Kyuhyun didn't allow her to get down, while he grabbed his pen and signed on the form. He hugged her again and kissed her, and finally he let her get down. 

"I'll heat up the kimbap " Ryeowook smile as she took the form and started to step towards the door. 

"I help you..." Kyuhyun logoff from his laptop and followed her out. 

They were eating kimbap and talking about some earlier patients, when Sooyoung came back and smiling seeing the two lovebirds eating lunch together and facing each other. 

"Congratulations Dr Cho! I saw the ring!!" Sooyoung said still smiling happily. 

"Thank you, Sooyoung. Join us?" Kyuhyun pointed to the tupperware with some more kimbap. 

"Thanks. I had my lunch with Siwonnie and our daughter" Sooyoung told him while pouring a cup of coffee for herself and sat next to Ryeowook. "So, wedding bells ringing soon?" 

"Tsk.. Sooyoung...."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter