Emergency at Mokpo

Village Clinic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

They were having breakfast on Saturday morning when Kyuhyun phone rang. It was Dr Lee from Mokpo.

"Heyyy hyung, what's up?" Kyuhyun answered while glancing at Ryeowook.

"Heyyy Kyu. We need help. Are you able to drive to Mokpo Hospital anytime today? We have a major accident involving 3 express busses and we are very short-handed...."

"Ohhh, 3 express busses? That sounds bad! Sure hyung. You text me your Mokpo Hospital address and I will find my way there. If I need to stay overnight, I'll bring a change of clothing" Kyuhyun glanced at Ryeowook again because she was looking at him with curious and questioning look.

"I think you might need to stay overnight, I'm so sorry Kyu to impose on you, but I'm trying to get all the help that I can get. I'll get Hyuk to book you a hotel nearby, and you can put your bag there" Donghae said in a hurried tone.

"No worries hyung. You text me the hospital address okay"

"Okay thanks Kyu. I'll text you the address now, and later I'll text you your hotel address"

"Alright thanks hyung. I'll pack my bag now" kyuhyun off his phone.

"What happened?" Ryeowook asked him.

Kyuhyun told her what Donghae told him, and said "Ryeong, I send you home okay, and I see you on Monday..."

"I can go with you to help Mokpo Hospital" Ryeowook offered. At least Kyuhyun would be there if there was another thunderstorm tonight. 

"No, I think you better stay in Gurim. They should have enough nurses and I'm not even sure I have time to sleep" Kyuhyun said while walking into his room to start packing. 

"Ahhh okay..." Ryeowook sad, albeit sadly, and cleared the breakfast and quickly washed the dishes. She walked into Kyuhyun's room to packed her things to bring back home.

Kyuhyun finished packing and pulled her into his arms "Ryeong, don't be sad, I'll call you once I reached there and if I'm back early on Sunday night, I'll stop over at your house for dinner, okay?"

Ryeowook nodded. She was looking forward to spend this weekend with him but what could she do? One could never predict what would happen. She smile while moving out of his embrace "Think we better go, you need to check-in first at the hotel and then rushed over to Mokpo Hospital"

"Okay let's go..." Kyuhyun said, carrying both his bag and Ryeowook's overnight bag to his living room, and then walked to his service backyard to switch off everything.

They left and Kyuhyun dropped her at her house. "Ryeong, if there is a thunderstorm tonight, just go to bed early and cover yourself and try to sleep..."

"Yes okayyy. Drive carefully, Kyu" she said and smile after Kyuhyun kissed her.

Ryeowook felt lonely once she entered her home after waving at Kyuhyun when he drove off. She missed him already and chided herself for feeling this way and reminded herself that he needed to go due to work matters.

She cleaned her house, did her laundry and started sewing her wedding dress for the reception in Seoul. Her mother-in-law had told Kyuhyun the venue and the number of guests that she would be inviting. Seemed like it would be quite a grand reception. She hope that her dress would be good enough for that reception.

She was engrossed with her sewing when her phone rang, and it showed 'Dr Cho calling'. She quickly answered it "Hi Kyu" 

"Ryeong, I've check-in and now at the hospital. No wonder hyung called for help, too many passengers were injured. I'll call you on my way home on Sunday night, okay. Love you" Kyuhyun said, and she could hear hectic background and seemed like Kyuhyun was walking in a rush. 

"Okay Kyu, go go! I love you too" Ryeowook told him and off the line. She was glad that Kyuhyun could help Dr Lee, but she still missed him nevertheless. 

It turned out that Kyuhyun could only drive back late Sunday night, or should we say, early morning. When he was leaving Mokpo Hospital and called Ryeowook, it was already 12.30am! 

Ryeowook was worried for his safety and that he didn't eat any dinner. He must be too tired. Should she insist that he slept at the hotel and only drive back in the morning? At their clinic, they could always tell the villagers that Dr Cho would only be back in the afternoon. 

She made up her mind and said "Kyu, stay and sleep in the hotel and only drive back in the morning. Don't worry about the clinic. We can inform the patients that you'll be back in the afternoon" 

"I miss you and I want to drive back to see you, but I know it will be very late..." 

"I miss you too, but you must think of your safety. You are too tired to drive" 

She could hear Kyuhyun yawned! "Okay okay, I'll sleep at the hotel. I'll order room service and then sleep..." 

"Good. I see you in the afternoon okay" 

"Use my bicycle to ride to the clinic..."

"Yes okay, I will" 

"I miss you, Ryeong..." 

Ryeowook smile "I miss you too Kyu. Don't worry about me. You have a good rest and drive back safety" 

"Alright, you go and sleep. See you tomorrow my love" 

"Bye Kyu" and she off her phone, and sighed. She missed him terribly but she must think of his wellbeing too. She off her bedroom side table light and went to sleep. 

She didn't get any more calls from Kyuhyun when she arrived at the clinic, so she guessed that he was still sleeping. It was good that he managed to catch some sleep. 

She pushed the bicycle towards the back of the clinic and locked it. Kyuhyun had brought over his bicycle to her house weeks ago, for her to use when she needed to go to a nearby supermarket

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter