Getting closer

Village Clinic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"Errr... Miss Kim, I can explain...." Dr Cho hastily moved away from Miss Seo. He kept his distance as Ryeowook walked in, looking at Miss Seo.

"Miss Seo, you do not need to lie down at the medical bed. We have a few more old folks who needed to see Dr Cho. Please don't waste their time, and please follow me outside" Ryeowook said with a serious face.

"Tsk..." Miss Seo stepped down and stomped towards the door.

Ryeowook took Miss Seo's card from Dr Cho's table and turn around without even glancing at Dr Cho.

"Ryeong..." Kyuhyun called her softly but Ryeowook just walked out. Kyuhyun sighed and sat down to prepare for the next patient. "Is Ryeong angry with me...?" he asked himself sadly. He took a deep breath and greeted his next patient. 

Finally they could close the clinic for lunch break. Kyuhyun walked out to find Ryeowook who was busy at the desktop. 

"Are you really not talking to me?..." Kyuhyun sat at the edge of her desk. 

"Just give me 5 minutes, Dr Cho" Ryeowook said, still looking at the screen. She saved their patient's info and tidy up the hardcopy patient's card to file them later. 

"Why are you angry with me?" 

"I'm not..." 

"You are..." Kyuhyun quickly reached out to stop her from moving away to the cabinets. "Look at me..." he said gently. 

Ryeowook wasn't sure why she was upset. She wasn't angry, just upset. Maybe because Miss Seo was theoretically in Kyuhyun's arms? She looked up and said "I wasn't angry, just a bit upset..." 

"Why were you upset? Because Miss Seo glued herself to me? I was surprised too and tried to push her away.." 

"I know, but I just couldn't help to feel upset. I don't know why too.." 

Kyuhyun smile, moved nearer and pulled her into his arms. He felt happy that Ryeowook liked him too with all her heart, that was why she felt upset when she saw the scene just now. "Can you please cheer up. You are the only one in my heart, okay, so please trust me. And in case there are more of such happenings in future, just remember that I have no eyes for other woman except you..." and he tilted up her face and kissed her. 

"I'll heat up our lunch" Ryeowook smile shyly, after the kiss. 

Kyuhyun still wanted to kiss her longer, but their lunch time was quite restricted. He followed Ryeowook to the pantry area, and asked casually "Cook dinner for me tonight?" coz he just want to spend more time with her, and also since it was Friday night. 

"Ok, but can we drop by the mini-mart? I want to buy rice..." 

Kyuhyun nodded and smile, because they sound very domestic, like husband and wife. Last night his mother had texted him saying that they might drive down to visit him in the village next month, so... he should introduce Ryeowook to his parents right? He wanted to get their blessings. 

Kyuhyun cycled with Ryeowook back to her house after they had dropped by the mini market. As his front basket was filled with rice packet and some vegetables, Ryeowook ended up have to hold her handbag with her right hand, and wrapped her left arm around Kyuhyun.  He giggled happily because Ryeowook was hugging him, so she pinched his stomach, earning more loud laughter from him. 

They started eating after Ryeowook had finished preparing the bibimbap. Kyuhyun loved it because the vegetables that she added were steamed such that he didn't taste the vegetables. She knew that he hated vegetables so she had carefully steam it to get rid of the vegetable's taste. 

After dinner, they sat at Ryeowook's living room after Kyuhyun had finished washing the dishes and Ryeowook had put in her laundry in the washing machine. Kyuhyun sat next to her and turned towards her "Ryeong, ermmm, my parents are coming for a visit next month..."

"Ohhh, really? They are driving down all the way here?" she asked with surprised. 

"Yeah. Actually I should drive here too, at least I have my car with me. But I thought it is easier by bicycle since my accommodation and the clinic wasn't that far. Anyway, yeah they wanted to visit because I've been telling them how nice the village is

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter