Rainy days

Village Clinic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Ryeowook woke up and the first thing she smell was Kyuhyun's perfume. Slowly, she opened her eyes and, lo and behold, she was in Kyuhyun arms! And Kyuhyun was leaning his head above her head, apparently sleeping.

"Ohmygod!!" Ryeowook said to herself in horror "What am I doing in his arms??" and she tried to move slowly.

Kyuhyun moved too, and realised that she was awake "Heyyy you're awake...." and they both looked at each other, one with a shy and embarrassed look, and the other with a fond look.

"I'm sorry, I fall asleep..." Ryeowook said shyly

"It's okay, I kinda like it actually. The nice wind, with you in my arms... made me sleepy too" Kyuhyun smile sheepishly.

Ryeowook smile and sat back at her seat, and tidy up her hair. Kyuhyun slowly pulled back his arm and adjusted his backpack which had slanted towards the front along the journey.

"Doc... ahh.. I mean Kyuhyun, once we reached my house, I'll heat up our lunch and you eat first before you leave?" Ryeowook smile at him. 

"Hmmmhmmm... okayyyy" Kyuhyun smile back. She looked so pretty with her shy and blushed face. 

So once they reached the bus terminal, Kyuhyun asked Ryeowook to wait while he fetched his bicycle. 

They went back to Ryeowook's house and after she heated up their lunch, they ate and had a fun time talking about the items that they bought. 

That night, Ryeowook suddenly felt that she missed Kyuhyun. "Ahhhh why am I feeling like this... I was with him till late afternoon... haiz... I'm so hopeless..." 

Sunday dragged by and finally it was Monday. But it started raining since early morning. Ryeowook became worried if Kyuhyun got caught in the rain. She stood at her window and saw Kyuhyun cycling with a raincoat. She quickly grabbed her bag and put on her raincoat, and grabbed an umbrella too. 

"Thank God you have a raincoat!!" Ryeowook locked her door and ran to Kyuhyun. 

"I found it in the cupboard haha" Kyuhyun laughed and helped Ryeowook. "Didn't expect it to rain". 

"Yeah me too" Ryeowook said, sitting up on Kyuhyun's front bar, with her left hand hugging her bag and umbrella, and her right hand holding the bicycle handle. She couldn't put her bag in the front basket because of the rain. 

"Can you balance like that?" Kyuhyun asked, seeing that she might not be comfortable. "Change hand and turned towards me and hold me instead..."

Ryeowook switched hand, and held her bag and umbrella with her right hand, and carefully turned towards Kyuhyun, and shyly wrapped her left hand around his waist. She felt shy because she was literally in-between his legs! But she felt secured because when he started cycling, she was securedly leaning against him.

Though Kyuhyun was partially wet, but that was the best ride for him! He just loved having Ryeowook in his arms.

It rains for weeks and there were more patients from the villagers. Seemed like they just loved to go to the clinic. Kyuhyun treated more and more fever patients, and sometimes he wanted to laugh because their fever were mild, yet they still came to see him. 

He had various cases, some genuinely with high fever but most villagers came with mild fever, but since it caused some discomfort, Kyuhyun recommended over-the-counter medication, such as acetaminophen such as Tylenol or ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin IB or even panadol or paracetamol).

However, for genuine cases, Kyuhyun prescribe antibiotics, especially if he suspected bacterial infection, such as pneumonia or strep throat. He explained to them patiently that antibiotics don't treat viral infections, but they helped to trigger the body to fight these bacteria themselves. 

Kyuhyun was happy that some antiviral drugs used to treat viral infections that he ordered, had arrived from Seoul, so he had explained the dosage to both Ryeowook and Sooyoung so that they knew how much dosage to give to their patients. 

Rainy season continued for the next 3 months, and on the 4th month-end since Kyuhyun worked in Gurim,  as usual, Kyuhyun and Ryeowook would plan to go to Yeongam-gun for their groceries shopping. 

However, Ryeowook wasn't feeling well that Saturday morning, so she called Kyuhyun to cancel their trip.

"Are you okay?" Kyuhyun asked worriedly. 

"Just f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter