Chapter 8 Want Her

Secret Admirer: Love and Obsession (prequel to Secret Admirer)

*After that incident, Eum Yoonjin had stopped following Hwang Inyeop for a while and Jang Dongyoon noticed how sad she was. He made it up to her by picking her up from school and taking her on romantic dates. She couldn’t imagine her life without this man, her first love until one day it changed her life completely. 

 

Jang Dongyoon: Babe, where do you wanna go?

 

Eum Yoonjin: Let’s go for sushi!

 

Jang Dongyoon: Okay sure! Let’s go!

 

*They drive away and Cha Eunwoo witnesses this. He clenches his hands into fists with boiling anger raging inside of him.

 

Cha Eunwoo: How dare he stole Yoonjin nuna’s heart from me? I am going to have Yoonjin nuna to myself. I will. She’ll see… 

 

*Cha Eunwoo leaves the school and plans to kill him.

 

Few days later… 

 

*Rain lashed against the windshield of Jang Dongyoon’s navy blue car, as he drove down a deserted, one lane highway, going a little over the speed limit in his rush. His wheels slipped a little on the wet slippery pavement, but he kept the car steady. Jang Dongyoon peered through the front window trying to see what was ahead of him; it was pitch black outside, with not even one star in the night sky, and only the moon’s faint light and the small square orange lights lining the road to see by. Outside the front window, the rain was coming down in torrents, blurring Jang Dongyoon’s vision even more. The windshield wipers whipped back and forth over the window, attempting to clear away the large droplets clinging to the glass – but it seemed they weren’t moving fast enough. Looking out his side window, Jang Dongyoon was a little uneasy to notice that trees walled him in on both sides. Two blinding lights suddenly blazed ahead like two shining eyes trying to pierce the impenetrable darkness – and with a jolt, Jang Dongyoon realized that those lights belonged to a car – a car that was speeding towards him from the opposite direction, but in his lane. Again Jang Dongyoon’s eyes took in the wall of trees on either side – he had no room to veer either right or left out of the oncoming vehicle’s way. he slammed on his brakes and turned the car so the passenger’s side was to the oncoming car. The sound of his car’s screeching brakes and tires skidding on the wet pavement shattered the immense silence that had been pressing in on Jang Dongyoon all night. Suddenly, as his car spun out of control towards the oncoming car, images flashed across Jang Dongyoon’s mind - images of his family, friends, girlfriend Eum Yoonjin, and clips of his life flashing past like a slideshow that was sped up. A huge blow hit the car, and it seemed like an immense weight was thrown on Jang Dongyoon; the last thing he saw was a waterfall of glass cascading down on him before everything went black, and the immense weight was lifted off her as he seemed to float away into complete and utter darkness.

 

Meanwhile…

 

*Eum Yoonjin tries to keep calling Jang Dongyoon’s number but he doesn’t answer. It keeps going straight to voicemail. Eum Yoonjin shakes her legs worried about him. Choi Hyunwook puts his hand on top of his stepsister’s hand.

 

Choi Hyunwook: Don’t worry, nuna, Dongyoon hyung will be here soon. 

 

Eum Yoonjin: I hope so. Today is our second year dating anniversary.

 

Choi Hyunwook: He’ll be here soon trust me.

 

*Eum Yoonjin nods but still stares at her phone hoping he’ll call her or something until suddenly she received a phone call from an unknown number. Hoping that it’s him she answers the call but gets a shocking message from the caller. 

 

Eum Yoonjin: Yeoboseoyo?

 

Doctor Park: Is this Eum Yoonjin shi?

 

Eum Yoonjin: Yes that’s me. Who is this?

 

Doctor Park: This is Doctor Park. I’m calling about patient Jang Dongyoon. He got into a car accident and is undergoing surgery right now. 

 

Eum Yoonjin: What?

 

Later…

 

*Eum Yoonjin and her family and his family are in the waiting room waiting for Jang Dongyoon to finish his surgery. She continues to pace back and forth biting her nails nervously.

 

Eum Yoonjin: Oppa please be okay please okay. 

 

*Soon the doctors and nurses leave the surgery room. His mother approaches the head doctor.

 

Jang Dongyoon’s mom: How is he, doctor?

 

Doctor Park: I’m sorry but he passed away during the middle of surgery. I’m so sorry about your loss.

 

*Doctor Park bows and walks away

 

Jang Dongyoon’s mom: No no this can’t be happening! *falls down onto the ground*

 

Eum Yoonjin: Oppa you promised you- *cries* please don’t leave me