Prologue Love & Obsession

Secret Admirer: Love and Obsession (prequel to Secret Admirer)

Eum Yoonjin (narration): First love is the most memorable people say. 

My first love was in junior high school. I had a crush on my parents’ friends’ son. His name was Jang Dongyoon. We started dating two years ago and he made me the happiest girl in the whole wide world. But my mom always told me that one day you will meet the lover of your life. I never knew what she meant by that until I met Hwang Inyeop oppa-

 

Six years ago… 

 

*Eum Yoonjin waves goodbye to her parents and heads off to school. Jang Dongyoon pulls down the window of his car. 

 

Jang Dongyoon: I’ll pick you up after school and we can go on a date. 

 

Eum Yoonjin: Sounds good, oppa. I love you!

 

Jang Dongyoon: Love you too!

 

*Jang Dongyoon waves and drives off leaving Eum Yoonjin in a blushing mess smiling to herself.

 

Eum Yoonjin: What can I do without this boy?

 

*Eum Yoonjin skips on the way to school. She finally arrives at the school and heads to her locker. She gets greeted by-

 

Cha Eunwoo: Hey nuna, do you have any plans after school? If you’re free we can go watch a movie. 

 

Eum Yoonjin: Oh hey Eunwoo, and sorry I can’t. I’m going out with my boyfriend today. Maybe next time?

 

Cha Eunwoo: Uh yeah sure. *walks away*

 

*Eum Yoonjin heads to class and Cha Eunwoo looks at her from afar

 

Cha Eunwoo’s mind: Every time I ask you out on a date you always say no because you want to be with your boyfriend. Why does it have to be him? Why can’t it be me? *hand clenches into fists*

 

After school…

 

*Students file out of the school talking amongst themselves. Eum Yoonjin waves as soon as she sees Jang Dongyoon outside of the school waiting for her. She runs to hug him tight.

 

Eum Yoonjin: Oppa, I’m so glad to see you! I missed you!!

 

Jang Dongyoon: I missed you too babe! How was school today?
 

Eum Yoonjin: School was great! Today- *tells him about her day*

 

*As Jang Dongyoon escorts Eum Yoonjin inside the car and they head off together for their date, Cha Eunwoo watches them leave before he disappears.

 

Later that evening…

 

Eum Yoonjin: Thank you for today, oppa! It was fun!

 

Jang Dongyoon: I’m glad you had fun! Text me when you get home.

 

Eum Yoonjin: I will * peck his lips* Oppa, you can drop me off here. My mom told me to buy some things before I head back home.

 

Jang Dongyoon: Oh sure. Be careful, okay?

 

Eum Yoonjin: I will!!

 

*Eum Yoonjin waves goodbye to Jang Dongyoon before he drives off. She enters the mart and buys some groceries. She leaves the mart a few moments later holding bags of groceries in her hands. She heads home but on the way she bonks into a couple of scary-looking thugs. The thugs block her way.

 

Thug 1: My, my, look what we have here! A pretty lady walking home all by herself!

 

Thug 2: How about we take you home, eh?

 

*The thugs crowd around Eum Yoonjin. She panics and tries to run away but the thugs grab her. 

 

Thug 3: Where do you think you are going? 

 

Thug 2: Come on, let’s have some fun eh?

 

Thug 1: We’ll give you the night you will never forget *starts taking off her clothes slowly*


*Eum Yoonjin starts to scream crying for help. Just then a hero comes to the rescue.

 

Hwang Inyeop: Who do you think you guys are? Just leave her alone!

 

Thug 1: And who are you to tell us what to do? Huh?
 

*Hwang Inyeop gets off his motorcycle and kicks the thugs hard. They fall down onto the ground. It soon leads to an intense fight. The thugs run away for their lives scared of him. Hwang Inyeop brushes off his jacket and walks away. Eum Yoonjin calls out to him. 

 

Eum Yoonjin: Wait, thank you for saving my life, sir.

 

*Hwang Inyeop nods and heads off. She looks at him disappear with sparkling eyes. 

 

Eum Yoonjin: Who is he? He’s so cool!! 

Thank you for saving me. Thank you. *smiles to herself*

 

*Eum Yoonjin heads inside the house feeling grateful for what this stranger did. He saved her life. From that day on, the encounter with Hwang Inyeop changed her life forever.