Chapter 6 My Love?

Secret Admirer: Love and Obsession (prequel to Secret Admirer)

The next evening…

 

*Hwang Inyeop picked Eum Yoonjin up from school as they head to a snack shop. The two order tteokbokki and fried foods. As they wait, Eum Yoonjin cups her chin with her hands and fondly looks at Hwang Inyeop whose busy engrossed into his phone.

 

Eum Yoonjin: Oppa

 

Hwang Inyeop: What?

 

Eum Yoonjin: Why do you always pick me up from school and drop me off home? Why do you like spending time with me? Do you have feelings for me or something?

 

Hwang Inyeop: What? No… *denies* I just hang out with you because you won’t leave me alone. I just pity you that’s all.

 

Eum Yoonjin: *pouts* So I’m just someone to pity, eh? *sighs* It’s okay, I’m used to this.

 

*Hwang Inyeop softens as he notices tears running down her face

 

Hwang Inyeop: Ya, are you crying? Look Yoonjin ah, I didn’t mean it that way, okay? Stop crying! *wipes her tears with his thumbs*

 

Eum Yoonjin: Really? So you do like me?

 

Hwang Inyeop: No…

 

Eum Yoonjin: Oh come on oppa, admit it!!

 

Later…

 

*The two enjoy their food. Eum Yoonjin hands Hwang Inyeop her cellphone. He looks at her with a “wtf” look on his face.

 

Hwang Inyeop: Why are you suddenly giving me your phone?

 

Eum Yoonjin: Can I have your number please, oppa?

 

Hwang Inyeop: What? No!! Are you crazy? What am I? Your boyfriend?

 

Eum Yoonjin: Pretty please *puppy eyes* 

 

Hwang Inyeop: Fine. 

 

*Hwang Inyeop types his number onto her contacts and hands her phone back. She squeals in joy.

 

Eum Yoonjin: Thank you oppa! Thank you!

 

Hwang Inyeop: Whatever. Just eat your food. 

 

Eum Yoonjin: *nods* Okay oppa.

 

*Hwang Inyeop glances at the smiling Eum Yoonjin and softens a little. He smiles a bit but quickly hides it by shoving food in his face.

 

Eum Yoonjin: Oppa, can I ask you something?


Hwang Inyeop: What now?

 

Eum Yoonjin: If you have a girlfriend, what are you going to call her?

 

Hwang Inyeop: *chokes on his food* What? What kind of question is that?

 

Eum Yoonjin: Omo oppa, are you okay?

 

*Eum Yoonjin hands him water and he chugs it immediately. 

 

Hwang Inyeop: You know you ask weird questions. 

 

Eum Yoonjin: But seriously oppa, I want to know, what are you going to call your girlfriend if you have one?

 

Hwang Inyeop: Do you really want to know? If I tell you, will you stop asking me questions for once today? 

 

Eum Yoonjin: I will oppa I promise. *seals her lips shut*

 

Hwang Inyeop: Okay… I’ll call her my love. There, happy?

 

*Hwang Inyeop takes another bite of his food and she sighs thinking to herself.

 

Eum Yoonjin: My love, eh? Oppa sure is romantic. 

 

Later…

 

*Hwang Inyeop drops Eum Yoonjin off at her house

 

Hwang Inyeop: Go inside. It’s getting late.

 

Eum Yoonjin: Wait oppa, before you leave… I’ll be right back! *runs inside the house*
 

*She comes back a few moments later with his leather jacket and hands it to him.

 

Eum Yoonjin: You forgot to take this last time you bonked into me and fainted in front of me.

 

*Hwang Inyeop quickly grabs the leather jacket and walks away. She calls out to him.

 

Eum Yoonjin: Wait oppa wait! Inyeop oppa!

 

*Hwang Inyeop turns around and finds Eum Yoonjin right in front of him. He gulps as he makes eye contact with her. He could feel her breath close to his. He continues to make eye contact with her for a long time. Without realizing he accidentally murmurs out loud-

 

Hwang Inyeop: Goodnight my love. 

 

*Hwang Inyeop covers his face after realizing what he had just said. He pushes her away and quickly runs away leaving her shocked by what she had just heard.

 

Eum Yoonjin: Omo, did oppa just call me my love? Does he want me to be his girlfriend or something?

 

*Eum Yoonjin squeals and skips inside the house.