Chapter 16 Best B-Day Gift Ever?

Secret Admirer: Love and Obsession (prequel to Secret Admirer)

*After Hwang Inyeop picked up Eum Yoonjin from school, the two decided to go on another date at his place. It’s the second time Hwang Inyeop has cooked for her and she fell in love with him even more. 

 

Eum Yoonjin: Oppa, you sure are an amazing cook!

 

Hwang Inyeop: As long as you like it I’m glad.

 

Eum Yoonjin: *smiles* You make me the happiest girl in the entire world. I love you so much.

 

Hwang Inyeop: I love you too, my love. 

 

*Hwang Inyeop pecks her lips

 

Later…

 

*After dinner and some time together, Eum Yoonjin has started to work on her homework meanwhile Hwang Inyeop went to go shower. 

 

Eum Yoonjin: Ugh… I hate math. 

 

*Just then, Hwang Inyeop’s phone flowed with messages. She just happened to read them. It’s from his adoptive parents.

 

Eum Yoonjin: Huh? What’s this? *reads the messages* Happy birthday my son. 

Wish you can come home soon. We miss you. 

Birthday? It’s his birthday today?

 

*Hwang Inyeop comes out of the bathroom shirtless

 

Hwang Inyeop: What’s wrong, love? Why do you look so sad?

 

Eum Yoonjin: Oppa, is it your birthday today?

 

Hwang Inyeop: No, why do you say that?

 

Eum Yoonjin: Then why did your parents text you happy birthday?

Why didn’t you tell me it’s your birthday today?

 

Hwang Inyeop: Because I don’t celebrate it anymore. 

After my sister died on my birthday six years ago, I didn’t want to.

 

Eum Yoonjin: Oh oppa, I’m so sorry I bought it up. *hugs him* I didn’t mean to upset you.

 

Hwang Inyeop: It’s okay, love. It’s my fault. I should have told you earlier.

 

Eum Yoonjin: Do you want me to buy you cake and gifts?

 

Hwang Inyeop: You don’t need to. *chuckles* I already got my gift.

 

Eum Yoonjin: What? *clueless* I didn’t give you anything… I’m confused.

 

Hwang Inyeop: My gift is you, silly. You beside me is enough for me. You’re the best birthday gift ever! *hugs her tight*

 

Eum Yoonjin: I am? 

 

Hwang Inyeop: *nods* You’re the only one I need. You’re my one and only love.

 

Eum Yoonjin: *blushes* Really? 

 

*Hwang Inyeop slams his lips onto hers as his answer. The two end up making passionate love that day. 

*Author's note: Happy b-day Hwang Inyeop oppa!!!