Chapter 18 "Oppa, we need to talk"

Secret Admirer: Love and Obsession (prequel to Secret Admirer)

*Cha Eunwoo’s words engraved into Hwang Inyeop’s mind that his protection towards Eum Yoonjin became more emotional abuse to her. He kept ignoring her calls and messages. After every date with him, she cried herself to sleep because of the long intensive arguments she had with him. It had led to depression. Many days went by, and Eum Yoonjin couldn’t take it anymore. She needed to talk to Hwang Inyeop now. She quickly dials Hwang Inyeop’s number. Luckily he picks up. 

 

Eum Yoonjin: *sighs* Oppa, we need to talk. 

 

*Hwang Inyeop runs to the park he noticed Eum Yoonjin facing her back on him.

 

Hwang Inyeop: I told you to stop meeting me. What is it you want now?

 

*Eum Yoonjin turns around with tears pouring down her face

 

Eum Yoonjin: Why do you want to stop meeting me? Are you breaking up with me?

 

Hwang Inyeop: That’s not what I mean by that. It’s just-

 

Eum Yoonjin: *cuts him off* Do you know how much it kills me everytime you push me away? What’s with you nowadays? You’re not the Inyeop oppa I fell in love with anymore.

What’s gotten into you?

 

Hwang Inyeop: Yoonjin ah please-

 

Eum Yoonjin: Oppa, answer me. Why are you being like this? Are you just sick of me or what?

 

Hwang Inyeop: I told you, we need to stop meeting each other. We need a break.

 

Eum Yoonjin: Are you trying to break up with me or not, oppa? 

 

Hwang Inyeop: I just think we need a break that’s all.

 

Eum Yoonjin: You know what, oppa? You’re right we should break up.

 

Hwang Inyeop: *flustered* What?

 

Eum Yoonjin: You heard me? We should break up. You clearly want a break from me. Then I’ll leave. You know what, oppa? I really loved you as my man and all. I thought I would be happy when I was with you but I was wrong. You clearly don’t love me anymore. 

 

Hwang Inyeop: Yoonjin ah, wait, please.

 

*Eum Yoonjin slaps his face hard

 

Eum Yoonjin: I had enough of you oppa! I’m ing done with you! *pushes him away*

 

Hwang Inyeop: Yoonjin ah, please-

 

Eum Yoonjin: Oppa, we’re over. 

 

*Eum Yoonjin runs away bawling in tears. Hwang Inyeop throws his beer bottle on the tree in anger. He kicks the tree as his anger fires up. 

 

Hwang Inyeop's mind: ! What have I done? It’s all your fault Eunwoo. You were the one that started this mess. If you want to play this game…. Then I’ll do whatever I can to get her back. 

You’re gonna regret this! *walks away*

 

Meanwhile…

 

*Eum Yoonjin runs home

 

Eum Yoonjin’s mom: Dear, where have you been? We’ve been worried about you. Dinner-

 

*Before her mom could finish her sentence, Eum Yoonjin slams her bedroom door shut.

 

Eum Yoonjin’s mom: Dear? What could have happened to her?

 

Choi Hyunwook: Let me go check up on her.

 

*Choi Hyunwook knocks on the door. 

 

Choi Hyunwook: Nuna, are you okay in there? 

 

Eum Yoonjin: Go away Hyunwook!

 

Choi Hyunwook: Can you at least tell me-

 

Eum Yoonjin: I SAID GO AWAYY!!

 

Choi Hyunwook: I’ll be downstairs if you need me.

 

*Choi Hyunwook heads downstairs. She sobs into tears looking at pictures of her and Inyeop on her phone. 

 

Eum Yoonjin's mind: Why did you suddenly change? Why did you want to break up with me? Why… I don’t understand. Why…

 

*Eum Yoonjin ends up crying herself to sleep