Chapter 1 My Hero

Secret Admirer: Love and Obsession (prequel to Secret Admirer)

Next day…

 

Haneul High School

 

*Eum Yoonjin enters the school building thinking about the guy she met last night. She sighs happily to herself as her face flushes tomato red.

 

Eum Yoonjin: I wonder who he is… he’s so cool. Why isn’t Dongyoon oppa like that?

 

*Eum Yoonjin opens her locker, takes out her books for her morning classes and heads to the classroom. Cha Eunwoo looks at her from afar. 

 

Cha Eunwoo: When will I ever become her boyfriend?

 

*Cha Eunwoo walks away

 

*Eum Yoonjin heads inside the classroom and sits down at her desk. Until her bullies slam their hands on her desk causing her to look up.

 

Miyeon: Well, well, look who we have here. The quiet girl. 

 

Eum Yoonjin: What do you want, Miyeon?

 

Miyeon: Oh trying to talk back, eh? 

 

*Miyeon pushes her onto the ground. She grabs her hair and starts slapping her face. 

 

Miyeon: Am I making you cry? What are you gonna do now? Cry for your mommy?

 

*Miyeon and her friends laugh at her. Miyeon knocks Eum Yoonjin’s desk over making her burst into tears. Eum Yoonjin fixes her desk and sits back down. 

 

*The whole school day was a living hell for her. Miyeon’s bullying got worse and worse. She wanted to go home. Now.

 

After school…

 

*Eum Yoonjin heads out of the school ready to go home when Miyeon and her minions block her way.

 

Eum Yoonjin: Move out of the way

 

Miyeon: And what if I don’t? What are you gonna do? Hit me? Hit me, I dare you!

 

*Miyeon pushes Eum Yoonjin onto the ground. They kick her really hard and laugh taking pictures of her. Eum Yoonjin cries for mercy.

 

Eum Yoonjin: Stop… stop… please…

 

*Suddenly someone yells from a distance away

 

Hwang Inyeop: What do you think you are doing to her?

 

Miyeon: Who are you to tell us what to do? Are you her boyfriend?

 

Hwang Inyeop: Leave her alone right now or I’ll-

 

Miyeon: You’ll what-

 

*Before Miyeon could finish what she was saying, Hwang Inyeop kicked her in the face. Miyeon falls onto the ground and she covers her cheek. 

 

Miyeon: What the- Let’s move girls!!

 

*Miyeon and her minions leave the scene. Hwang Inyeop walks up to Eum Yoonjin and reaches out his hand. He helps her up. 

 

Hwang Inyeop: Are you okay? Those girls didn’t hurt you badly, did they?

 

Eum Yoonjin: *shakes head* No I’m fine. Thank you, sir. Thank you for saving me yesterday from those thugs and for today.

 

*Hwang Inyeop nods and he gets on his motorcycle. He looks at her. 

 

Hwang Inyeop: Well… get on. 

 

Eum Yoonjin: No no I’ll be fine sir.

 

Hwang Inyeop: No you’re not. Look at yourself. 

 

*Eum Yoonjin looks down and sees her bleeding knee

 

Hwang Inyeop: Just get on. I’ll take you home. Where do you live?

 

Eum Yoonjin: No no sir I’m fine really. 

 

*Before Eum Yoonjin could reject his offer, Hwang Inyeop drags her onto the motorcycle. 

 

Later…

 

*Hwang Inyeop stops in front of her house. Eum Yoonjin tries to walk but she can’t. She’s in pain. Hwang Inyeop suddenly runs off. 

 

Eum Yoonjin: Where is he going?

 

*A few moments later Hwang Inyeop comes back with an antibiotic ointment and bandages in his hands. Eum Yoonjin sits down. Hwang Inyeop kneels down and applies the ointment on her knee and puts the bandage on.

 

Eum Yoonjin: Thank you. 

 

*Hwang Inyeop nods and drives off. Eum Yoonjin watches him leave and sighs to herself. 

 

Eum Yoonjin: I wonder what his name is. My hero. 

 

*Eum Yoonjin touches her blushing cheeks and heads inside the house hoping she would be able to see him again. The hero of her life.